Abortion Law Confusion Leads to Sepsis for Texas Woman[Staff Edit]

13,580 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rockdoc
BTKAG97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tanya 93 said:

DevilD77 said:

The Texas law allows for abortion if the hwalth of the mother is threatened so I call BS.
I think much of the argument is about when is she considered in enough danger to allow it.

Quote:

do not apply if a physician believes a medical emergency exists that prevents compliance with this subchapter
Sounds like the "lawyers" are allowing the "doctors" to determine this on their own. No?
Matt Hooper
AG
Inflation - transitory. oops.
Monetary creation and massive gov't spending - ignore; it's COVID supply chain related. Worse take than the transitory call.
Now we are on to medical forecasting and abortion. What could go wrong.

Edit - blind squirrels everywhere should feel a new sense of self worth.
Hooper Drives the Boat
Manhattan
Three inches and biological development that is impossible without the mother.
Manhattan
Old Army Ghost said:

Manhattan said:

https://people.com/health/texas-woman-nearly-loses-her-life-after-doctors-cannot-legally-perform-abortion/

This is why you don't put an arbitrary date on abortion like 0 or 15 weeks. This lady was 18 weeks pregnant and could not get an abortion even though she was not going to have a living baby.

Now she may not be able to have kids, because Republicans and probably hospital lawyers dictated that she could not get her the treatment she needed.
agree to stop all elective abortions (that's 95%+) and then we can talk about the extremely rare exceptions

too many babies murdered for convince to allow it wholesale

All abortions should be legal and then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, start with Medicaid expansion in Texas.
C@LAg
Manhattan said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Manhattan said:

https://people.com/health/texas-woman-nearly-loses-her-life-after-doctors-cannot-legally-perform-abortion/

This is why you don't put an arbitrary date on abortion like 0 or 15 weeks. This lady was 18 weeks pregnant and could not get an abortion even though she was not going to have a living baby.

Now she may not be able to have kids, because Republicans and probably hospital lawyers dictated that she could not get her the treatment she needed.
agree to stop all elective abortions (that's 95%+) and then we can talk about the extremely rare exceptions

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, start with Medicaid expansion in Texas.
or.....

All abortions should be illegal EXCEPT in the case of a medical risk to the mother.
Then you ALSO do not have to expand Medicaid in Texas.

See. I can do universal blanket statements that I take as unassailable FACT too.
Kashchei
AG
Manhattan said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Manhattan said:

The dumbest, most disingenuous thing I've read in a long time. And the sad thing is actually believe what you type.
Tom_Fox
The solution is to close your f'ing legs. Entitlements are part of the problem.

And has this mother never heard of an airplane. She is just a short flight away from her medical procedure. Hell, go first class.
Manhattan
This lady paid five figure to get pregnant, entitlements aren't her problem.
Tom_Fox
Manhattan said:

This lady paid five figure to get pregnant, entitlements aren't her problem.

Her problem is she is apparently not smart enough to book a first class ticket to cali.

Get her baby cut out and do some high end shopping.
Ag_of_08
AG
DevilD77 said:

The Texas law allows for abortion if the health of the mother is threatened so I call BS.

Texas law also allows for women to have hysterectomies without having children or a male partners consent..... hasn't stopped immoral Dr's all over the state from forcing them to suffer from constant debilitating pain from PCOS and other conditions because their "moral stance" or a perceived level of liability from "well what if she regrets it?!?". Also didn't stop a friend from being discharged, septic, from a beaumont hospital because the Dr's "didn't feel comfortable" treating a trans person. She nearly died I'm a Houston hospital that would treat her.

So yeah..... the absolute lack of integrity shown by a grat many Dr's over the years... I'm not willing to discredit the story, and I'm a looooooong way from an abortion advocate.
Ags4DaWin
Tanya 93 said:

DevilD77 said:

The Texas law allows for abortion if the hwalth of the mother is threatened so I call BS.

I think much of the argument is about when is she considered in enough danger to allow it.

The law is very clear.

If keeping the baby puts the mother at risk for death or losing functionality of her organs the medical exemptions applies.
DallasAg 94
Manhattan said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Manhattan said:

You realize your unbending open abortion for all really hurts your case.

You show your point isn't about the care and health of THIS woman... but for Abortion in all cases, even when almost any reasonable person should believe Abortion should be illegal.

You are like Sen Barbara Boxer responding to Sen Santorum on the Senate Floor.

She ended up saying that a woman should be allowed to Abort her child up until the time she safely makes it home from the hospital.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Manhattan said:

People have a right to life, 18 week fetuses aren't people.

This might be the most satanic thing I've ever seen on these boards.
Philip J Fry
AG
Manhattan said:

The only fringe cases are abortions after viability, which was <1% of abortions.

Women are being punished for 1% of abortions that were already illegal.

You could say the same thing about trans "rights".
Ags4DaWin
Ag_of_08 said:

DevilD77 said:

The Texas law allows for abortion if the health of the mother is threatened so I call BS.

Texas law also allows for women to have hysterectomies without having children or a male partners consent..... hasn't stopped immoral Dr's all over the state from forcing them to suffer from constant debilitating pain from PCOS and other conditions because their "moral stance" or a perceived level of liability from "well what if she regrets it?!?". Then talk to people about tort reform. There is nothing wrong with a doctor who suspects a patient will have a change of heart and then sue them for malpractice refusing to perform a procedure they are reluctant to perform. There are plenty of doctors who will do a hysterectomy in those conditions. All a woman has to do is find one. Just because I'm a doctor doesn't mean I have to perform every procedure a patient wants. A doctor is not a slave for hire.Also didn't stop a friend from being discharged, septic, from a beaumont hospital because the Dr's "didn't feel comfortable" treating a trans person. She nearly died I'm a Houston hospital that would treat her. Not enough context here. What condition did ur friend have that made them go septic? What were the doctor's concerns? All you did was throw a story on the wall to discredit a profession

So yeah..... the absolute lack of integrity shown by a grat many Dr's over the years... I'm not willing to discredit the story, and I'm a looooooong way from an abortion advocate.

^^Based on your post- I don't believe anything in ur last paragraph^^
coolerguy12
AG
Manhattan said:

When does a fetus become a person?
tskc91
AG
Don't confuse the narrative with Facts! Dims hate facts and science.
Manhattan
DallasAg 94 said:

Manhattan said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Manhattan said:

You show your point isn't about the care and health of THIS woman... but for Abortion in all cases, even when almost any reasonable person should believe Abortion should be illegal.

She ended up saying that a woman should be allowed to Abort her child up until the time she safely makes it home from the hospital.

Women will suffer in instances like these if abortion isn't legal. Abortion illegal after 15 weeks would have helped the Ohio rape victim, but not this lady.
DallasAg 94
Manhattan said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Women will suffer in instances like these if abortion isn't legal. Abortion illegal after 15 weeks would have helped the Ohio rape victim, but not this lady.
You haven't provided any reason why the Texas Law was a problem in this woman's case. YOUR problem is that at 21 weeks a baby is VERY viable. By 30 weeks, you are pretty safe that a living baby will be delivered.

Boxer argued that there should be no restrictions AT ALL... similar to you. That would mean in the 3rd Trimester, you believe up and until actual birth and complete separation should be allowed to abort.

At least tell me you are against Partial-birth-abortion.

At least tell me after 8 months, if the head is crowing, that Abortion should be illegal.
Ellis Wyatt
Manhattan said:

You are the one who needs Jesus as you do not defend 10 year old rape victims or women about to go into sepsis.

I'm prepared to stand before Him. What a day that will be!
OverSeas AG
AG
Manhattan said:

The only argument against abortion is emotional.

Actually it is the other way around. Being for abortion means being against science, being for murder and trying to find the fringe cases to support your cause.

Those are facts. No woman has ever birthed anything but a human being. Not one time, not ever. If you want to say otherwise, it is simple emotion causing you to deny the truth.

Most abortion supporters could give AF about the health of the mother or the baby. They just like the idea of sex without ramifications. Talk about emotional response.
C@LAg
OverSeas AG said:

Manhattan said:

Actually it is the other way around.
Philip J Fry
AG
Manhattan said:

Yea. I get emotional when I think of all the innocent babies your side likes to rip apart inside the womb.
Infection_Ag11
AG
I don't have any first hand knowledge of this case, but jsut from a medical standpoint this paragraph doesn't make sense:

Quote:

But it turned out that her doctor had difficult news: Amanda had an incompetent cervix and had dilated too early. She was told that miscarriage was inevitable.

A dilated incompetent cervix jeopardizes a pregnant but doesn't make it automatically unviable or miscarriage inevitable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
And for the record, I'm 100% in favor of exemptions in the cases of truly unviable pregnancies. I just think the case in question may be being misrepresented in the article.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

I don't have any first hand knowledge of this case, but jsut from a medical standpoint this paragraph doesn't make sense:

Quote:

But it turned out that her doctor had difficult news: Amanda had an incompetent cervix and had dilated too early. She was told that miscarriage was inevitable.

A dilated incompetent cervix jeopardizes a pregnant but doesn't make it automatically unviable or miscarriage inevitable.
Agreed. Did they consider a cerclage for her incompetent cervix? I saw more than a couple of cerclage removals prior to a trial of labor. Was she in a hospital during the time she became septic? Did they attempt IV antibiotics?

And what is this surgical procedure to remove scar tissue from her uterus? I know of no such procedure. I don't know how you could even attempt such a thing.

This whole story sounds like half truths and make believe. I'm not buying it.
texsn95
AG
Manhattan said:

You and 4 other people are some sick mother ****ers.
texsn95
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Manhattan said:

This might be the most satanic thing I've ever seen on these boards.
The fact that staph continues to let this troll spread his filth on this board is beyond the pale.
C@LAg
Hell, I am getting up early tomorrow so I too can help force women into sepsis

C@LAg
texsn95 said:

You and 4 other people are some sick mother ****ers.
i just clicked it to add a star just to make your number off.
deddog
AG
ttu_85 said:

Manhattan said:

Like an 18 week old fetus, Communist and far leftist have heartbeats but they aren't people.

See how this works ?

An 18 week old fetus has more soul than a liberal will have in their lifetime

That is the truth
ChrisV96
IslanderAg04
Yet another fringe case to quantify 62 million dead baby's due to inconvenience.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
DallasAg 94 said:

Manhattan said:

You and the story is very disingenuous... SURPRISE...

From the article:
Quote:

It was devastating for Amanda, 35, and her husband Josh, 35, who had been through 18 months of fertility treatments before they were able to conceive their baby girl.
Whether the Abortion Law was changed or not... it'd have had nothing to do with her ability to have children. At 35, she is a high risk for Downs. If it took her 18 months of fertility... it could very well take 12 months for her body to recover... and another 18 months of fertility to conceive. She'd be VERY high risk.

The Law change and her medical situation likely has no bearing on her ability to have children. Certainly not more than her age.

Sorry but 35 is not "high risk" for downs. I agree with your point though.

As a 41 year old, the vast majority of my peers were still having children at or after 35. But per the stats, 40 is not even close to "high risk". "Slightly higher than extremely extremely low" yes.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
c-jags
agent-maroon said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Quote:

Agreed. Did they consider a cerclage for her incompetent cervix? I saw more than a couple of cerclage removals prior to a trial of labor. Was she in a hospital during the time she became septic? Did they attempt IV antibiotics?

And what is this surgical procedure to remove scar tissue from her uterus? I know of no such procedure. I don't know how you could even attempt such a thing.

This whole story sounds like half truths and make believe. I'm not buying it.

Kinda like the Oklahoma lady who was arrested for miscarrying and the 10 year old in Ohio that had to go to Indiana.

Oklahoma lady took drugs to kill the baby and Indiana girl went to Indiana to avoid questions about her mom's illegal
Immigrant boyfriend getting the girl and mom pregnant.

I'm not saying that either story isn't a plausibility but the left has tended towards half truths and edge cases to prove their points.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.