The Latest in "There is No Slippery Slope"

4,149 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nortex97
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nyc-judge-rules-polyamorous-relationships-175007079.html

Bigamy is now legal.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Martin Cash said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nyc-judge-rules-polyamorous-relationships-175007079.html

Bigamy is now legal.
Mormon hold 'em is now legal in New York.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

An opinion from New York City's eviction court has come down on the side of polyamorous unions.

In the case of West 49th St., LLC v. O'Neill, New York Civil Court Judge Karen May Bacdayan reportedly concluded that polyamorous relationships are entitled to the same sort of legal protection given to two-person relationships.
Can you say kangaroo court having little impact?
techno-ag
AG
Children and animals are next.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
aggiehawg
AG
By the way, evicting one person under those circumstances doesn't provide a remedy to the landlord. That's akin to evicting one of ten squatters.
AgBandsman
AG
Notice how gays get special treatment. The court wouldn't have done backflips in order to redefine traditional families If the story were about a man and his two wives. But since they were all figs they get a pass and special treatment.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Martin Cash said:

Bigamy is now legal.

Call me when this is a more serious court.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
D-Fens
Many close minded people think Hunter hooking up with his dead brother's underage daughter is repulsive, but white liberals understand he is just a "Minor Attracted Person" (MAP).
aggiehawg
AG
D-Fens said:

Many close minded people think Hunter hooking up with his dead brother's underage daughter is repulsive, but white liberals understand he is just a "Minor Attracted Person" (MAP).
Gosh, back in the early-mid 80s, there was a famous artist in New Mexico who was gay and a MAP who was trying to adopt a baby. Mother and father were not married and artist gave the mother a tidy sum of money for the child. Father sued to try to stop it. Court actually made a finding of fact that since the artist's "tastes" for minors were puberty aged males, there was no harm in adopting a male infant. Because kids don't grow up or something.

Was reversed on appeal but still a WTF moment.
YouBet
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

Martin Cash said:

Bigamy is now legal.

We will and this will be example 1,345,567 of incrementalism.
Sid Farkas
AG
techno-ag said:

Children and animals are next.
This guy on line 2:

These men love their sex doll wives because they won't cheat (nypost.com)

Quote:

"He treats her beautifully and takes her out in the world, he goes to the zoo with her, and to restaurants," says Gilbert, a professor at Northwestern State University of Louisiana.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
YouBet said:

Martin Cash said:

Bigamy is now legal.

Do something about it instead of just whining on a politics board.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
YouBet
AG

YouBet said:

Martin Cash said:

Bigamy is now legal.

Do something about it instead of just whining on a politics board.
I vote, volunteer, and spend my dollars accordingly. Only so much i can do legally.

We are approaching the point where that line probably won't matter though and we will be forced past it by the left.
Kozmozag
Sounds like landlords in New York are going to get screwed again
titan
S

Correct. The counter argument to `slippery slope' is dead and buried. Never to "fall for" ridicule of it again. Besides, Jordan Peterson outlined why it will never be wrong -- the Left has no boundaries on their left side to stop ever increasing left and `go for the next thing' because can't be satisfied.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
How does polygamy affect tax bracket issues?
aggiehawg
AG
Kozmozag said:

Sounds like landlords in New York are going to get screwed again
To be fair, there were/are some slumlords that do not take care of maintenance in their buildings.

Some of that is the result of rent control creating a shortage of funds and some is just malice and greed.
C@LAg
Sid Farkas said:

2, 3, 1
Fightin_Aggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

An opinion from New York City's eviction court has come down on the side of polyamorous unions.

In the case of West 49th St., LLC v. O'Neill, New York Civil Court Judge Karen May Bacdayan reportedly concluded that polyamorous relationships are entitled to the same sort of legal protection given to two-person relationships.
I don't know, seems like there is a kangaroo court in Hawaii that constantly has impact on everything, somehow.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
UTExan
State of Utah will be asking for reparations for delayed statehood and federal persecution, no doubt.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TexAgs91
AG
Martin Cash said:

Bigamy is now legal.

Meh... The government shouldn't be involved with who sleeps with who (as long as they are consenting adults)
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
TexAgs91
AG
aggiehawg said:

Gosh, back in the early-mid 80s, there was a famous artist in New Mexico who was gay and a pedophile who was trying to adopt a baby.

FIFY
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
B-1 83
AG
Landlord: "Sir, we've had reports of a bunch of people living here, and you know it's just a single family unit."
Tenant: "They're all my family! These are my husbands and wives!"
Landlord: "I thought Bob was your husband….."
Tenant: "Silly goose! I divorced Bob last week! These are my new husbands and wives…."
Landlord: "But there's eight of them…."
Tenant: "Well, 5 are husbands, two are wives, *whispers* I decided two days ago I was bisexual, and I'll have to ask that one over there if they are a boy or girl today so I know if they are a wife or husband. Even though Bob and I aren't a couple, we're trying to get my insurance to pay for a surrogate, and they said they would do it if they felt 'right' that day."
Landlord: "Sir, I think it's time you leave."
Tenant: "Homophobe! I think it's time I sue you!"
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
LeonardSkinner
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I mean, when the judge in this case literally talks about a smaller case that recognized gay rights and led to wider acceptance both legally and socially, and all but says that she was inspired by it…

It's pretty obvious that she hopes and anticipates that her ruling will have a ripple effect.
UTExan
TexAgs91 said:

Martin Cash said:

Bigamy is now legal.

Meh... The government shouldn't be involved with who sleeps with who (as long as they are consenting adults)

You are of course correct.

It's when those consenting adults try to get the government involved to decide property rights based on sleeping with other people that it gets ethically tricky.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
fc2112
LoVe WiNs!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Obvious conclusion is that pets and objects are next.

Here's a little story on being "OS" (Object Sexual) from 10 years ago
HollywoodBQ
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Martin Cash said:

Bigamy is now legal.
Mormon hold 'em is now legal in New York.
I don't see any big change for the Mormons because the trick for many of the Mormon polygamists is to not marry the women and have them register as single moms for the government benefits.
nortex97
AG
Not saying this is how I picture certain posters/news story subjects in my head, but…

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.