This is why I want him for POTUS

7,728 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by No Spin Ag
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ok not the only reason but we have a candidate to actually get behind.

[url]Florida Gov. DeSantis warns those taking advantage of hurricane victims: 'We are a law and order state' | Fox News[/url]

Quote:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a stern warning to those trying to take advantage of the victims of Hurricane Ian.
DeSantis made the comments Friday during a news conference in Fort Myers, Florida. He said that while visiting nearby Punta Gorda, he saw a boarded-up business with a sign that read, "You loot, we shoot."
"We are a law and order state, and this is a law and order community," DeSantis said. "So do not think that you're going to take advantage of people who've suffered misery."
"Don't even think about looting," he said during another press conference later in the day.

Quote:

DeSantis added that people looking to "ransack people's homes" should beware: Florida is a Second Amendment state.

"I can tell you in the state of Florida, you never know what may be lurking behind somebody's home," he said. "And I would not want to chance that if I were you given that we're a Second Amendment state."

Quote:

Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno also said that he "will not tolerate" anyone trying to take advantage of people suffering as a result of the storm's damage. "We are not going to tolerate, I mean, zero tolerance when we say anyone that thinks they're going to thrive on the residents of this county or state when we just took a horrific hit I can guarantee you that is not going to happen," Marceno said.

Urban Ag
AG
Right now the fight for the heart and soul of America stands between Texas and Florida and California and New York.

Owlagdad
New Yorkers will be aghast at those statements…. Yet will move to Florida in a heartbeat. Now even more, because they will find some bargains.
aggiebq03+
Something tells me some people who agree strongly with the OPs sentiments would melt down if Trump said he'd stand behind people protecting themselves from looters by using guns.

I'm all for it. If you try to steal from me it's not that I value my property above your life, it's that you value your life as worth less than my property.
jokershady
AG
Troy Nehls said the same thing for Fort Bend County back when he was our sheriff after Harvey….he pretty much came out and said there's a good chance looters will be shot by homeowners and it's not a wise decision…..It was awesome
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
GeorgiAg
AG
His hurricane preparedness was awesome. Please ditch the Orange Anchor and nominate this man.
geoag58
AG
GeorgiAg said:

His hurricane preparedness was awesome. Please ditch the Orange Anchor and nominate this man.

Are you running out of material for Trump?

The second Desantis is nominated the propaganda machine will gin up to make Desantis seem worse than that burr under your saddle, Trump.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
geoag58
AG
GeorgiAg said:

What you have not figured out yet. The problem is not Trump....

The problem is the federal government and the current administration.
GeorgiAg
AG
DeSantis is capable of empathy towards another human being. Trump cares about one man.
Ellis Wyatt
*** If you're going to be disrespectful to other posters, then take a break -- Staff ***
tremble
AG
The problem is absolutely Trump, if he keeps trying to feed his narcissistic tendencies and costs this country the Presidency, once again.
TheCellarDoor
AG
Also this

Maroon Dawn
AG
tremble said:

The problem is absolutely Trump, if he keeps trying to feed his narcissistic tendencies and costs this country the Presidency, once again.

Yes or No

When DeSantis get the nomination, the MSM will declare him worse than Trump and restart the 24/7 REEEEEEEEEEEEEE tactic they did with Trump in the hopes that dumb suburban white people will vote against him just to stop all "the noise" that the media shrieks at them every day?

Yes or No?

I think DeSantis is the better candidate but you're kidding yourself if you think the media won't treat him WORSE than Trump because of it
richardag
GeorgiAg said:

DeSantis is capable of empathy towards another human being. Trump cares about one man.
That is a lie.
President Trump's long history of kindness goes unreported by mainstream media
President Trump's History Of Random Acts Of Kindness
Trump has performed many acts of kindness | Letter
Trump's "Acts of Kindness" that few people know

I could add more but you seem to have not researched your opinion at all.

Here is an important quote:
  • Donald Trump's kindness knows no bounds and his generosity has and
    continues to touch the lives of people from every sex, race and
    religion. When Trump sees someone in need, he wants to help. Two
    decades ago, Oprah asked Trump in a TV interview if he'd run for president. He said: If it got so bad, I would never want to rule it out totally, because I really am tired of seeing what's happening with this
    country.
Those who don’t know history are doomed to repeat it.
Edmund Burke
SouthTex99
AG
No Spin Ag
GeorgiAg said:

So much this.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Dan Scott
AG
Always Trumpers are like stage 5 clingers unfortunately
geoag58
AG
I will vote for Desantis if he is the nominee. I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee. The mistake that I think is being made is allowing leftist lies, subterfuge and propaganda to dictate who you vote for. If you can't say anything nice about Trump then don't feed the evil beast.
Anyone who makes it onto the debate stage for either party is extremely self centered no matter what persona they exude. Trump is an a$$h013 that much everyone knows. It is also true that while he held the office he was extremely successful working for us while fending off forces fom the left and right that would see you completely subservient to their whims.
We can only hope that Desantis is equally as effective.
Gigem314
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Until the media finds a way to villify him in a way that guilts soft people into justifying voting Dem…again.
Gigem314
AG
Dan Scott said:

Always Trumpers are like stage 5 clingers unfortunately
Says the "never Trumper" that can't stop talking about him nearly 2 years after leaving office.
Dan Scott
AG
This argument is really dumb. The media has vilified DeSantis from the beginning. DeSantis can handle it better than Trump because he doesn't act like a little kid and can clearly refute everything.
Dan Scott
AG
Unfortunately always trumpers have to bring Trump into every thread.
B-1 83
AG
geoag58 said:

GeorgiAg said:

The second Desantis is nominated the propaganda machine will gin up to make Desantis seem worse than that burr under your saddle, Trump.

The difference is DeSantis will handle it with style and wisdom, and not resort to childish name calling or Trump antics that cost him votes.
ToddyHill
AG
Quote:

New Yorkers will be aghast at those statements…. Yet will move to Florida in a heartbeat. Now even more, because they will find some bargains.
While I recognize the majority of people living in New York...and California...are bat sheet crazy, the majority of those who are fleeing those states and moving here (East Tennessee), are moderates and conservatives looking to get away from the far left.

I'm wondering if Florida is experiencing the same thing?
geoag58
AG
B-1 83 said:

geoag58 said:

GeorgiAg said:

The difference is DeSantis will handle it with style and wisdom, and not resort to childish name calling or Trump antics that cost him votes.

Desantis will have style and wisdom after a state run op beginning before he is elected and two fake impeachments while in office and another state run op after he is out of office? That would be one cool dude, hope you are guessing right.

The forces we are fighting mean to rule the world, not just our country. And they will destroy anything that gets in their way.

Does anyone really believe Russia destroyed their own pipeline?

B-1 83
AG
geoag58 said:

B-1 83 said:

geoag58 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Desantis will have style and wisdom after a state run op beginning before he is elected and two fake impeachments while in office and another state run op after he is out of office? That would be one cool dude, hope you are guessing right.

The forces we are fighting mean to rule the world, not just our country. And they will destroy anything that gets in their way.

Does anyone really believe Russia destroyed their own pipeline?

You know what else will be cool? DeSantis won't make it so friggin' easy.
aggiepaintrain
AG
It's not a question of IF but WHEN he will be president for 8 years, I pray it's soon.

I would not be surprised one bit if it's a Trump/Desantis ticket then we get 12 years. We gotta win in 2024 no matter what. Cheat, steal, bribe, I don't care.

Joes
The overall trajectory is hard left and can't be stopped at this point. Obviously, I want him to be president, but I also know that things are hopelessly unfixable at this point. Things are far worse now than they were before Trump became president, all the good he did in 4 years was annihilated instantly in 2020 as though it never existed and they doubled down in the opposite direction immediately.

The same would happen if DeSantis wins, 2 steps up followed by a plummet of 20 steps down as soon as he's gone. The left controls every powerful institution in the government and 90% leftist propaganda hits people from the news to music to movies to facebook to academia to sports to advertising to talk shows all day every day. Electing a Republican president at this point is holding up your hand to stop a locomotive. Our path is irreversible, the time to stop this was in the 1960s.
AggieMD95
AG
geoag58 said:

GeorgiAg said:

The TDS is real
Gigem314
AG
Dan Scott said:

This argument is really dumb. The media has vilified DeSantis from the beginning. DeSantis can handle it better than Trump because he doesn't act like a little kid and can clearly refute everything.
They haven't even started yet. That's nothing. There will be people like you chastising this board for supporting DeSantis at some point. It happened with GWB and Trump. The childish Republican contrarians won't stop with Trump.
Gigem314
AG
Dan Scott said:

You and GeorgiaAg were the ones who brought up "orange man" in this thread.

But you know that, yet you make false statements anyway. But that's what you here.
Dan Scott
AG
I'll be chastising this board for supporting DeSantis while I'm supporting DeSantis? Dude you make no sense.
No Spin Ag
Joes said:

The overall trajectory is hard left and can't be stopped at this point. Obviously, I want him to be president, but I also know that things are hopelessly unfixable at this point. Things are far worse now than they were before Trump became president, all the good he did in 4 years was annihilated instantly in 2020 as though it never existed and they doubled down in the opposite direction immediately.

The same would happen if DeSantis wins, 2 steps up followed by a plummet of 20 steps down as soon as he's gone. The left controls every powerful institution in the government and 90% leftist propaganda hits people from the news to music to movies to facebook to academia to sports to advertising to talk shows all day every day. Electing a Republican president at this point is holding up your hand to stop a locomotive. Our path is irreversible, the time to stop this was in the 1960s.

Why the 60s? What could have been done then to keep things from getting to where they are now?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Urban Ag
AG
Dan Scott said:

Good god this. I can't have a pro DeSantis thread without it quickly devolving in to all things Trump.

Despite Trump's buffoonery and checkered past (that was never not being used against him) his presidency was pure awesomeness. He did amazing things for this country. I genuinely thank him for it. But they cheated, he lost, it's over, it's been over for almost two years. Let it go.

DeSantis 2024

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.