Austin falling down the Liberal Hell Hole - Personal Experience

27,821 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag with kids
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TxTarpon said:

Ronnie Earle
Have not heard that name for a while.
The Delay stuff was the most recent, but his fight against "Mudslinger" Maddox was classic.

PreCHL if some LEOs in a rural county pulled you over and confiscated your gun it cost you more to get in back in legal fees than it would to buy another one.

And if you were local or your daddy had money, your treatment was different that an out of towner passing through.

History: it was Tom DeLay who as a state legislator sponsored the lawful carry bill for POs after Earle threatened to prosecute them. I remember contacting his office and was sent a copy of the legislation.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
SW AG80
AG
Why do we not touch the napkin?
Cannew
AG
Fentanyl I think…
SW AG80
TresPuertas
AG
op_06 said:

I 100% support the idea of the OP refusing to post his vehicle photo out of pure principle alone. It's not his job to prove this occurred to the few folks on this thread who are skeptical. The man has been through a traumatic incident that few here can relate to. He began this thread as a word of caution and hopes of spreading the photo for ID purposes (my assumptions). If 2 ag tag accounts and my posting history of cop-related stuff isn't enough "proof", then a photo of a door with a bullet hole in a door won't suffice either. Stop detailing the thread calling the man a liar. I've been called worse, doesn't bother me, but good grief let it be.

Also, OP, the "official" internal robbery BOLO just hit my inbox from our robbery unit. So every agency in the area will have their feelers out.

good to hear. and if you have trouble finding the vehicle just let the boys and girls over at the Outdoors board have a crack at it. they'll have him geo located and identified within an hour
Infection_Ag11
AG
mmh said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.

If someone puts a napkin on your car, don't touch it.

This is a Facebook myth
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SW AG80
AG
She probably showed me some deference as a fellow elected DA. I like Susan Reed in San Antonio. Still do even though she can be a beetch to many.
Hungry Ojos
RiverAg 80 said:

He's making fun of the OP and suggesting the story didn't happen by comparing it to a well known Facebook myth.
Krazykat
AG
You should have introduced the scumbags to Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson.
Naveronski
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

RiverAg 80 said:

He's making fun of the OP and suggesting the story didn't happen by comparing it to a well known Facebook myth.

File it under "republican fan fiction".
Captain Pablo
AG
mmh said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.

If someone puts a napkin on your car, don't touch it.

Are you accusing the OP of making this up?

What is your basis for that?
Smeghead4761
EMY92 said:

The backstrap is easy to replace. You can replace the whole lower, or you can get a smaller magazine.

However, if you start carrying, at first, you will think that everyone is looking at you and that your gun sticks out like it's shooting sparklers. However, most people are clueless and will never notice. Don't let a slightly larger grip make you think it will be tough to conceal. You could wear a mesh shirt and few would notice anything other than you don't have the body for it.
^^This. I've carried both a G17 and a full size S&W M&P9, covered only by a loose fitting t-shirt. Most people are too far inside their own heads to notice.
ArbAg
AG
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

Get real! No legitimate jury in Texas (except maybe the lunatics in Austin) is going to conflict sometime for drawing a weapon when he senses criminal danger - especially in today's circumstances!.
Are you sure?
Travis county liberal jury pool elected this guy:

Travis County DA responds to law enforcement backlash over job posting

Just another lunatic in Austin! I can't understand why anyone would choose to live there at this point - crime, homelessness, horrible traffic, insane politics…
ArbAg
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

I honestly would love to hear a liberal defend this DA and the countless others like him around the country who have turned peaceful cities into third world hell-holes. How can you vote for these people in good conscience?
Cuz racism!! George Floyd, Breona Taylor and Michael Brown ring a bell? Jeez you people just don't get it!!!

Never will! Pathetic excuses for inciting more violence leads to even more violence and death. Look no further than Chicago as an example for that truth.
LSB_2002
AG
Awful City! Cannot imagine why anyone would want to live in that rat shi+ liberal hell hole!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Hammerly High Dive Crips said:

Quote:

Because the only way that would work is to replace all the people. Especially all of the artists/musician types, professional bartenders and waitstaff. The folks who made Austin an interesting place to visit and to live.

This isn't the 70's bro. Their music and art almost entirely sucks @ss now. Would not be a loss. My buddy's biker dad told stories of 1970's/80's Austin and it sounded amazing back then. Hippies and cowboys and wasn't almost entirely concrete jungle, with a few nature carve-outs. Hell, it was cool in the 90's and early 2000's. We went there on a staycation a few summers ago and the longhorn wife was even like "wth has happened to this place???".

Austin has lost its soul, or everything that used to make it special. And it's never coming back. It sure likes to try hard though.
Agreed. I left in January 2000 with the intent to spend 2 years in Denver and move back to Austin.
Now I can safely say that I'm never moving back to Austin but on the other hand, my Austin is long dead.
Aston 91
AG
Hey OP - any chance this is the guy that shot at you? Description of car just says gold Cadillac, so thought there might be a chance it's the same one.

https://mailchi.mp/austintexas.gov/apd-announces-the-arrest-of-suspect-involved-in-jugging-robbery
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

AustinAg2012 said:

OP, I think we work in the same building off 183/McNeil (though, I've been remote the past three years). We received this email from the property manager yesterday afternoon:

"We wanted to inform you of an incident at the property today involving an attempted robbery with a weapon. Everyone is safe and APD doesn't believe this to be a targeted robbery at the building as the suspect was also seen attempting to steal packages off porches in the neighborhood. We are asking everyone in the building to remain vigilant and call 911 if you see any other suspicious activity. Today's incident involved an early 2000's gold Cadillac sedan with a big dent on the rear passenger side. If you see this vehicle, please call 911 immediately.

Thank you for your assistance."
We do work in the same building.
As mentioned above, a coworker just sent our company a similar update on this thug: https://www.reddit.com/r/Austin/comments/xdli7l/suspect_involved_in_recent_jugging_caught/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
op_06
AG
Suspect in the original OP was IDd pretty quick and arrested. I don't remember his name. If I recall correctly, I think the suspects in these robbery series were Hispanic.
Al Bula
AG
All part of the plan, comrade! The leftists will erode individual freedoms by any means necessary so there is no choice at some future date but to federalize every aspect of life… UBI, national police "protection," home/auto ownership, crt education, bug protein subsistence, govt healthcare… the list goes on.

The idea is to replace the middle class with violent cretins of every color and eradicate the ability to protect ourselves.
Aston 91
AG
op_06 said:

Suspect in the original OP was IDd pretty quick and arrested. I don't remember his name. If I recall correctly, I think the suspects in these robbery series were Hispanic.
Thanks very much for the update. On another note, I live pretty close to the "jugging" incident last Friday Sep. 9 in Great Hills and know the victim. She's a really sweet lady and I really, really hope those guys are caught and appreciate the attention the police and media have given this case.

I know it's probably not much help but when I watched the press conference to discuss the incident I noted they said the getaway car was a "newer model" BMW but they said they didn't have the year model. They've probably already figured this out, but based on the photo I'm pretty sure it's a 2012-2015 BMW, either a 335i or 328i. The style of wheels make me think it's probably a 335i. One other distinguishing factor I noted was that it had chrome trim around the windows, where many BMW sedans have black trim. Anyway, just wanted to mention that and say thanks again for making this case a priority.
Aston 91
AG
A link to a story on the incident I mentioned in the post above. I don't know how much they got from my neighbor, but I was surprised to hear that thugs have stolen $590,000 in 82 jugging cases this year. That works out to an average of about $7,200 per case. I guess more people carry large amounts of cash than I realized (I rely on plastic and rarely have much cash on hand).

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/austin-jugging-violent-attack-victims-home/269-a4041923-b987-496c-a09d-eef97a27d653
murphyag
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

The Fall Guy said:

Will post my recent experience before PotCake says Austin is safe and we can't say anything about Austin because it's hip.

3 weeks ago at my work off of Hancock and Balconies Dr sitting at my desk and I heard a commotion in the entrance. A drunk large homeless man came into the office asking where he can see a friend. 5 of us grabbed him and led him out the door. We locked the front door and the man banged on the window to let him in. Cops were called and it took 45 minutes for them to come. In that 45 minutes the man went into several other businesses and they called the cops.

We work in a shopping center in a neighborhood of million dollar homes next to an elementary school and the nearest bar is 2 to 3 miles away.

I am sorry that happened to you OP. Yes carry always
They actually responded very quickly to my incident because they were already investigating the prior incident but the perp was already gone. Had he hit me I doubt they would have ever found him. I don't know that they will ever find him as he was armed and extremely dangerous.

He did not care about me, my property or himself. He was also tatted up with sleeves and up to the neck but nothing on the face. He was not someone that should be approached but because the distance from the door to my truck was so short (maybe 30') by the time I saw him I was already 10' away.

Based on my phone call to the police and my text with my friend who I was meeting for lunch the whole incident took roughly 60 seconds.
Was he white, hispanic, or black? My company has an office in Austin that has been having problems with stolen cars.
txags92
AG
Aston 91 said:

A link to a story on the incident I mentioned in the post above. I don't know how much they got from my neighbor, but I was surprised to hear that thugs have stolen $590,000 in 82 jugging cases this year. That works out to an average of about $7,200 per case. I guess more people carry large amounts of cash than I realized (I rely on plastic and rarely have much cash on hand).

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/austin-jugging-violent-attack-victims-home/269-a4041923-b987-496c-a09d-eef97a27d653
They go after small business owners that are taking deposits to or from the bank from dry cleaners, convenience stores, etc. in a lot of the jugging cases.
Aston 91
AG
txags92 said:

They go after small business owners that are taking deposits to or from the bank from dry cleaners, convenience stores, etc. in a lot of the jugging cases.
That is most likely the case, but I'm still surprised there is that much cash involved. I guess different areas and businesses have different clientele that probably rely on cash a lot more than I do. In my neighbor's case, she left the bank and drove about a mile to her house when she was attacked. She probably only made about 3 turns on the trip home, so I doubt it would've been very obvious they were following her even if she'd been paying attention.
IndividualFreedom
Made it to page 4 without finding my thoughts....

Your story has me thinking. The decision making of these criminals after you escaped has me really scratching my head. What in the hell did you have or did they think you had that made them so hell bent to chase you down and start shooting at you? Perhaps you were a mistaken identity? Does the property have cameras? You should pack heat for the next few weeks. Seriously, think about sending your family away for a week or so. Those bad guys think you are someone or have something they want bad.
Sarge 91
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

I would move if I were you. Your family is more important than your job and you senselessly murdered will ruin their lives
Most businesses will not let you carry into the office. You can keep it in your vehicle, but the walk from office to vehicle is unarmed... or break the company policy and risk being fired.
Hope you reported this incident to your company, and told them that their policy nearly orphaned your kids.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Aston 91 said:

I'm close enough to the area that the other incident involving these perps (where they pointed a gun but didn't shoot) is on my Nextdoor discussion. Here's a pic of the vehicle taken from the Nextdoor post:
[img][/img]
Heck that was fast!
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Your story has me thinking. The decision making of these criminals after you escaped has me really scratching my head. What in the hell did you have or did they think you had that made them so hell bent to chase you down and start shooting at you? Perhaps you were a mistaken identity? Does the property have cameras? You should pack heat for the next few weeks. Seriously, think about sending your family away for a week or so. Those bad guys think you are someone or have something they want bad.
You're making the mistake of assuming the perps are rational actors. OP "made them mad" by not allowing them to rob him and they took out their frustration on him for it.
TheEternalPessimist
If Texas becomes an independent nation one day (and at this rate it might), let us turn Austin Travis County in to a Federal District and one that is directly controlled by the State Legislature and State Senate.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Ag with kids
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

If Texas becomes an independent nation one day (and at this rate it might), let us turn Austin Travis County in to a Federal District and one that is directly controlled by the State Legislature and State Senate.
Technically, in Texas, cities are subservient to the state government...

Might be a good idea to remind Austin of that.

"Hey Austin. Stop this dumbass **** or we will void all these laws and impose state restrictions against them. Then we will impose other rules that will **** with you."
You can turn off signatures, btw

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.