Austin falling down the Liberal Hell Hole - Personal Experience

27,874 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag with kids
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I've posted about this before, but this past year, at an HEB in a North Austin suburb, my wife witnessed two guys rob an old lady in the parking lot, and then jump in their car, and literally run her over, as they fled.

My wife called me in an absolute panic, asking me what to do as she comforted the lady. (the police/ambulance had already been called by someone else)

This kind of thing should rock a community. But instead, it barely got a mention on the news website.

I used to really like this town. It was a neat city, with a small town attitude. It was fun and safe. Now it's Little L.A., and it's lost most of its charm.
Moon Shadow
More Charles Bronson's or more "Dirty Harry" Callahan's.
We came back to complain about the sugar in my black coffee!
Who's "We" sucker!
Me, Smith & Wesson!
And the beat goes on!
whytho987654
AgGrad99 said:

I've posted about this before, but this past year, at an HEB in a North Austin suburb, my wife witnessed two guys rob an old lady in the parking lot, and then jump in their car, and run her over as they fled.

My wife called me in an absolute panic, asking me what to do as she comforted the lady. (the police ambulance had already been called by someone else)

This kind of thing should rock a community. But instead, it barely got a mention on the news website.

I used to really like this town. It was a small city, with a small town attitude. It was fun and safe. Now it's Little L.A., and it's lost most of its charm.
What really concerns me is seeing my state being turned into something it inherently is not. Dallas and Houston used to be cheap metropolitan areas that were moderately safe. Now theyre no different from new york or chicago, and with austin turning into littlesan fran, I dont feel very optomistic about our state. Strongly considering moving to the southeast if Texas truly turns into cali

edit: not to mention the drastic increase in cost of living due to blue states flocking here
AgGrad99
AG
I've had that same conversation multiple times, with other people feeling the same way.

It's a double-edged sword. Our State has been so healthy economically, that people have flocked here.

But as they do, the Texan voice gets diluted...more and more and more each passing year.
UTExan
TxTarpon said:

UTExan said:

I know you are going to be bombarded with advice, but there are lots of 9mm small handgun options out there. Unless your office has a metal detector I would carry. I did in fact, carry concealed for years before Texas had rational concealed carry laws.
Did you have your Texas peace officer license then?
It was easier for yall to do that than just "civilians."

Nope. I carried before, between jobs and after. Oh, and Ronnie Earle, the Travis County DA, threatened to prosecute out of town POs who carried in his Workers Paradise, prompting the Legislature to pass exemptions for peace officers. Then there was the Killeen Luby's mass shooting where cops in training were forced to lock up their weapons to satisfy a landlord's requirements while they trained…
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Agsquatch
AG
schmellba99 said:

aggiehawg said:

ArbAg said:

Hungry Ojos said:

For those asking if he was carrying, at what point in the story would you have drawn your weapon?

The second he sensed crime or danger, you can't wait for obvious criminals to make the first move.
It is against the law to brandish a weapon in Texas.

Quote:

In Texas, unlawfully brandishing a weapon means that the weapon was displayed by a person in an illegal manner. These cases typically occur when a gun owner points a weapon at or shows a weapon to a person in a public place in an attempt to get the person's attention or cause the person to feel fear or alarm.

If somebody is actively trying to gain access to your vehicle while you are there telling them to stop, it's not brandishing
just gonna hop in here and say that this POS wouldn't have called the cops whining about brandishing. Don't be a karen about it, but if you see something sketchy around your property, you have a right and a duty to defend yourself and stand your goddam ground. In the words of Lil Jon, "don't start no ****, won't be no ****".

always. carry. F the 30.06 signs. F the gun free zones.
Artorias
AG
TAMU1990
AG
Reno Hightower said:

Gameday's again in Austin are gonna be great……NOT
Lets hope they are clusters...

Sometimes you have to touch the hot stove to learn,
TxTarpon
Ronnie Earle
Have not heard that name for a while.
The Delay stuff was the most recent, but his fight against "Mudslinger" Maddox was classic.

PreCHL if some LEOs in a rural county pulled you over and confiscated your gun it cost you more to get in back in legal fees than it would to buy another one.

And if you were local or your daddy had money, your treatment was different that an out of towner passing through.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Ronnie Earle
Despicable man. His successor was not much better.

TxTarpon

Quote:

Get real! No legitimate jury in Texas (except maybe the lunatics in Austin) is going to conflict sometime for drawing a weapon when he senses criminal danger - especially in today's circumstances!.
Are you sure?
Travis county liberal jury pool elected this guy:

Travis County DA responds to law enforcement backlash over job posting
TxTarpon
As we said in Bexar County: Susan Reed was no saint, but Nico was vindictive.

If you like true crime court stories Google up DA Susan Reed and Dr Calvin Day, your welcome.

UTExan
TxTarpon said:

Ronnie Earle
Have not heard that name for a while.
The Delay stuff was the most recent, but his fight against "Mudslinger" Maddox was classic.

PreCHL if some LEOs in a rural county pulled you over and confiscated your gun it cost you more to get in back in legal fees than it would to buy another one.

And if you were local or your daddy had money, your treatment was different that an out of towner passing through.

In Coldspring (San Jacinto County) they used to stop cars with K101 decals in the 1970s, find anything remotely resembling a weapon and arrest and impound. The sheriff in 1983 or so was convicted of civil rights abuses and went to prison IIRC. That's yet another reason to repeal those archaic unlawful carrying weapons (UCW) charges, which were likely part of Jim Crow.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TxTarpon
Great memory Utah Pops!!

I found it.
[url=https://www.nytimes.com/1983/03/27/us/texas-sheriff-s-guilty-plea-shuts-a-road-trap.html][/url]
Quote:

TEXAS SHERIFF'S GUILTY PLEA SHUTS A ROAD TRAP
It was New Year's Eve, 1981, and David Pavlicek and his wife were driving through San Jacinto County to a resort lake with another couple when two sheriff's deputies ended the trip abruptly.

The deputies, Mr. Pavlicek said, searched the car with flashlights, offering no reason. The couples were arrested, driven to jail, stripped and searched, and forced to post $1,000 bond.

Only then, Mr. Pavlicek said, did the deputies tell the couples they had found marijuana and a concealed weapon in the car. The ''weapon'' was a 7-inch filet knife that Mr. Pavlicek used on fish.

The two couples were among hundreds of young motorists who had fallen into a highway trap set up by Sheriff James C. Parker. Sheriff's Confession in Court
Bet this Parker guy diddled kids too.
Quote:

According to court records, a prisoner's head would be wrapped in a towel and water would benpoured on it to simulate drowning, the purpose being to make him ''confess.'' Four people who underwent that treatment are serving jail terms.
They waterboarded before it was cool.
I could see it now "Tarpon, your Alpha Romeo is one of dem feergin cars. Sign over the title now or die!!"
Then they pour diet Mr. Pibb on that towel and I crack.
ham98
https://lawofselfdefense.com/
Might want to get a copy of Andrew Branca's book and be familiar with self defense law in your area if you are carrying. Liberal DAs are going to try to prosecute you for murder in a valid self defense encounter so you need to know how to deal with cops and prosecutors office if it happens.
aggiehawg
AG
ham98 said:

Might want to get a copy of Andrew Branca's book and be familiar with self defense law in your area if you are carrying. Liberal DAs are going to try to prosecute you for murder in a valid self defense encounter so you need to know how to deal with cops and prosecutors office if it happens.
I second that. Branca is the best and he puts into easily understandable layman's terms.
Irish 2.0
ham98 said:

The way to deal with it is to invoke your 5th Amendment rights and answer no questions w/o your attorney present.
TommyGun
AG
Glad you are ok Fightin_Aggie. Stuff like this is happening everywhere now it seems but it is especially bad in major metros. My wife had an incident yesterday driving to the grocery store. She made a lane change in order to get ready to turn into the parking lot and some guy in a green hatchback ran up on her bumper and started blaring on the horn. She said she saw him several car lengths back and she signaled before switching lanes and by no means did she cut him off, but he followed right on her bumper for at least a quarter mile and then into the grocery store parking lot. My wife pulled her tahoe up near the curbside pick-up area where other people were nearby and left herself an out in case the guy decided to jump out of his vehicle. He pulled up yelled a few things and then sped off. This was a grown man screaming at a mom with her one year old son just trying to pick-up groceries in town. This is a relatively mild incident compared to your experience but it's also another indicator of the lack of decency in our culture at the moment.

I told her last night that she needs to start carrying her 9mm everywhere she goes. That guy she encountered could have just as easily pulled up with a gun drawn given where things are at. She's been a little apprehensive to the idea before, but agreed that it's past time to start carrying. We live in Chambers County in what used to be a pretty quiet semi-rural area, but economic growth has brought a lot of Harris County to our neck of the woods and the crime rate is going up right along with the population growth.

txags92
AG
TxTarpon said:

Great memory Utah Pops!!

I found it.
[url=https://www.nytimes.com/1983/03/27/us/texas-sheriff-s-guilty-plea-shuts-a-road-trap.html][/url]
Quote:

TEXAS SHERIFF'S GUILTY PLEA SHUTS A ROAD TRAP
It was New Year's Eve, 1981, and David Pavlicek and his wife were driving through San Jacinto County to a resort lake with another couple when two sheriff's deputies ended the trip abruptly.

The deputies, Mr. Pavlicek said, searched the car with flashlights, offering no reason. The couples were arrested, driven to jail, stripped and searched, and forced to post $1,000 bond.

Only then, Mr. Pavlicek said, did the deputies tell the couples they had found marijuana and a concealed weapon in the car. The ''weapon'' was a 7-inch filet knife that Mr. Pavlicek used on fish.

The two couples were among hundreds of young motorists who had fallen into a highway trap set up by Sheriff James C. Parker. Sheriff's Confession in Court
Bet this Parker guy diddled kids too.
Quote:

According to court records, a prisoner's head would be wrapped in a towel and water would benpoured on it to simulate drowning, the purpose being to make him ''confess.'' Four people who underwent that treatment are serving jail terms.
They waterboarded before it was cool.
I could see it now "Tarpon, your Alpha Romeo is one of dem feergin cars. Sign over the title now or die!!"
Then they pour diet Mr. Pibb on that towel and I crack.
FWIW, Sheriff Parker's nickname was "Humpy". Probably get more search engine hits looking for Humpy Parker. I can remember my brother planning a trip somewhere up into East Texas with friends and my dad made him take the 97 Rock and KLOL bumper stickers off his truck because of the rumors going around back then about the deputies pulling people over for made up traffic offenses planting drugs on people driving cars and trucks with rock station bumper stickers.
op_06
AG
I 100% support the idea of the OP refusing to post his vehicle photo out of pure principle alone. It's not his job to prove this occurred to the few folks on this thread who are skeptical. The man has been through a traumatic incident that few here can relate to. He began this thread as a word of caution and hopes of spreading the photo for ID purposes (my assumptions). If 2 ag tag accounts and my posting history of cop-related stuff isn't enough "proof", then a photo of a door with a bullet hole in a door won't suffice either. Stop detailing the thread calling the man a liar. I've been called worse, doesn't bother me, but good grief let it be.

Also, OP, the "official" internal robbery BOLO just hit my inbox from our robbery unit. So every agency in the area will have their feelers out.
EMY92
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g19

How does that compare to this

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

Kinda of a smaller framed individual.

Go for the Sig P365 X Macro.

17+1 rounds, it's barley larger than my old Shield that holds 7+1.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
EMY92 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

I was just looking at this one today. I like it a lot. I would like a slightly longer handle though.

I was told the handles were easy to replace?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Trenchant
AG
sleepybeagle said:

I lived in Austin since 1986. Moved to Rockdale 2 years ago.
Similar. 83/84 for me and my wife, respectively. Moved to BCS area this summer. We couldn't take it any more.

I encourage all my friends still in Austin to get out while they can.
Artorias
AG
Trenchant said:

sleepybeagle said:

I lived in Austin since 1986. Moved to Rockdale 2 years ago.
Similar. 83/84 for me and my wife, respectively. Moved to BCS area this summer. We couldn't take it any more.

I encourage all my friends still in Austin to get out while they can.
Same. Moved out of Austin area up here to east Tennessee.
EMY92
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

EMY92 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

I was just looking at this one today. I like it a lot. I would like a slightly longer handle though.

I was told the handles were easy to replace?
The backstrap is easy to replace. You can replace the whole lower, or you can get a smaller magazine.

However, if you start carrying, at first, you will think that everyone is looking at you and that your gun sticks out like it's shooting sparklers. However, most people are clueless and will never notice. Don't let a slightly larger grip make you think it will be tough to conceal. You could wear a mesh shirt and few would notice anything other than you don't have the body for it.
SW AG80
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Ronnie Earle

Bet Travis County wishes they had Ronnie Earle back. And even What's Her Name! Margaret?
aggiehawg
AG
Rosemary Lemberg.
Irish 2.0
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Ronnie Earle

Isn't she the one that tried to go after Governor Good Hair?
SW AG80
AG
Thanks. I knew Margaret was the last female to hold that position.
Ronnie and Rosemary were both nice people. Sorry Rosemary got that DWI/had a drinking problem.
Irish 2.0
RiverAg 80 said:

Ronnie and Rosemary were both nice people. Sorry Rosemary got that DWI/had a drinking problem.
Pretty sure you're confusing Rosemary with someone else. That woman was a hostile *****
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Ronnie Earle

Isn't she the one that tried to go after Governor Good Hair?
Yes.
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

RiverAg 80 said:

Pretty sure you're confusing Rosemary with someone else. That woman was a hostile *****
This. Haughty, arrogant b****. Many of the people I knew hated working under her.
Aggieangler93
AG
Wasn't she the one that was DA for a while concurrently in Travis Co jail on DWI? I mean what could be wrong with having a DA in jail? That's the integrity I'm looking for in someone who basically decides who gets prosecuted for a crime in a county and who does not. (most grand juries follow recommended guidance from prosecutor or ADAs.)

I have lived within 20 miles of Austin for most of my life. My family has been in Williamson Co since the mid-1800's. It pains me to think about leaving, but I am going to have to move soon. It is not worth trying to stay here any longer, as it is no longer safe just to the South of me, and there is no law enforcement present in Austin anymore and criminals are allowed to run rampant over law abiding citizens.

I was speaking with a liberal acquaintance at a local BBQ place a few months back when she happened to walk in, as I was already eating.
She said, 'I cannot believe homicides were up so much in Austin this year."
I said, "It's very easy for me to see that's the result of defunding the police. I've lived here my whole life and have never seen the roads like this, nor the criminal activity."
Without a pause, she said, "Maybe the police shouldn't have been shooting all those minorities for all those years."
I just shook my head and kept eating. You can't argue logic over feels. She votes here, and I live outside the city limits, on purpose, so that I am not exposed to their taxation policies or their lunacy with how they govern. Or so I thought.

Some things you can't fix. This place used to believe things like Keep Austin Clean etc. Now they want the homeless to trash it out, and the criminals to go unpunished. It's a major eyesore when it used to be a great place to live. Sadly enough, it's time to go. I just have to figure out where. I will miss some of the conveniences, but will not miss any of the people here anymore. When I have to go down there, I carry.

I'm really sorry to hear about the OP going through this. Many criminals are making Austin home since there is little enforcement and no jail time here. I do not fault the police/sheriff's office. They are the only ones working hard to continue to make things safer. The entire justice system in Travis County above them is corrupt.
Crossross85
Garages are prime time for car jackings and robberies of all kinds these days.
mmh
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.

If someone puts a napkin on your car, don't touch it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.