Eat the bugs, the real reason it's being pushed

9,201 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by texsn95
Ernest Tucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Poe Campo in Lonesome dove was just the start of the bug eating propaganda push in Texas
BigHitterDaLama
Ghost of Bizbee said:

This ain't front page stuff. It's foodie media. Of course there will be article clickbait

We aren't being forced to eat bugs

Says the guy who thinks we need more vaccines.

Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Vaccines aren't a bad thing. You can probably thank them for not catching hepatitis or shingles.

The covid vaccines have had bad effects for a very small percentage of those who received them.
kb2001
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

This ain't front page stuff. It's foodie media. Of course there will be article clickbait

We aren't being forced to eat bugs
Except the Forbes article I linked wasn't a foodie article, it was under "Sustainability". The angle for normalizing this is climate change, save the planet, reduce your carbon footprint.

You don't have to be forced to eat bugs, you can just be priced out of eating meat. A heavy tax on meat in the name of climate change can eventually price most people out of it. It seems crazy now, but what taxes have already been levied in the name of climate change? What technologies have been priced out because of heavy regulations, fees, and taxes designed to bury them?
TexAgs91
AG
Well that's just great. No bugs for me then

"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
White Liberals=The Worst
White liberals are the worst. Every single one would eat bug edibles if the govt mandated or even recommended it. They'd truly fall in love with cricket paste if conservatives pushed back on it lol. Losers.
moldaggie
Too late... if you eat/drink chocolate, coffee, or wheat flour (especially cereal) enjoy. The FDA allows a small amount, especially since harvesting (or storing) these products is almost impossible to be bug-free.
ApachePilot
AG
Unless I'm in SERE school or starving, no thanks.
eric76
AG
Ever hear of the Explorer's Club? They've been eating bugs for years.

From https://www.insureandgo.com/blog/food-and-drink/the-explorers-club-new-yorks-bizarre-bug-banquet/

Quote:

Well how about if I was to tell that, every year, the prestigious Waldorf-Astoria in New York played host to one of the world's strangest banquets? Not for the weak-stomached (so me, then), this gruesome feast consists of pickled eyeballs, maggot-covered strawberries and horror of horrors deep-fried tarantula!

Now, how's this for a starter? Crunchy crickets and scorpions served in a cheese-filled pastry case. Sounds delicious, right? Nope, I don't think so either. Pass the prawn cocktail, please!

Now you've kick-started your appetite, how do you fancy a little alligator to chomp into? It's moist and delicious, I hear, and great if you like your food with a little bite! (Sorry, I had to!)

Do you like an olive in your martini? Well, this is just soooo last year according to Gene, and cow eyeballs are the only garnishes you shall find if you dare to attend one of his banquets. Nothing like something staring up at you whilst you're trying to quench your thirst. Make mine water, no ice!

What's that, you say? You can't decide what crunchy, oozy delight to choose from? Why not help yourself to a little something from the platter? Giant ants, crispy scorpions or brandy-soaked spiders the choice is yours! Seconds anyone? Just remember to grab travel insurance before you head over to the big apple for this unusual feast.

eric76
AG
eric76
AG
Bird Poo
AG
jagvocate
AG
Just because you're unaware doesn't mean the techno-commies and Dims don't have "sustainable" plans for your food supply chain … including alternative forms of proper protein like lab meat and insect protein

eric76
AG
moldaggie said:

Too late... if you eat/drink chocolate, coffee, or wheat flour (especially cereal) enjoy. The FDA allows a small amount, especially since harvesting (or storing) these products is almost impossible to be bug-free.
I was amazed, once, to read the number of insect parts that are permissible in a can of spinach.
gonemaroon
AG
After skimming this thread count me in on I'll never eat bugs
aggrad02
AG
lead said:

I don't feel pressured to eat bugs…

Down here in Southern Louisiana it's almost relentless.

https://www.wdsu.com/amp/article/craving-crawfish-where-to-get-mudbugs/18372174
Swan Song
AG

Read the ingredients of the foods you eat.

Jeff Childers had a great substack on Saturday and discussed the push for synthetic meat and edible insects in-depth. It all sounds crazy, but the evidence is there.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/-coffee-and-covid-saturday-august-b8b

DrEvazanPhD
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Vaccines aren't a bad thing. You can probably thank them for not catching hepatitis or shingles.

The covid vaccines have had bad effects for a very small percentage of those who received them.

Safe, free and effective?
Houston Lee
AG
This generation will be the last of the meat eaters.

If you grow up eating bugs, you wont know any better.
HumbleAg04
AG
I prefer my free range, sustainable, anti-biotic free, low fat, humanely harvested, and F'n delicious venison.

You can keep the crickets.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
White Liberals=The Worst said:

White liberals are the worst. Every single one would eat bug edibles if the govt mandated or even recommended it. They'd truly fall in love with cricket paste if conservatives pushed back on it lol. Losers.

Username checks out
American Hardwood
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I did learn you can make mesquite bean jelly though
Do you have a good recipe? I've been wanting to try this. Also, mesquite bean flour and mesquite bean beer. I mean why not? They grow like weeds in South Texas.

The biggest problem I've had with harvesting is that the bugs always seem to get into them. But, according to info posted on this thread, I guess I shouldn't worry since it's 'sustainable'.
LMCane
BAP Enthusiast said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

The OP is a bit outlandish

Can't remember the last time I've been pressured to eat bugs

You guys aren't paying attention. There have been hundreds of articles about it in major news networks and newspapers.

It all mostly began in 2019 and I've seen it everywhere. The FDA and World Economic Forum have promoted it.
I see it all over the place

open your eyes
American Hardwood
AG
I've been saying for at least 10 years that they are coming for our food. Nobody wanted to listen to me back then and thought I was crazy. Well here we are.
JABQ04
AG
Swan Song said:

Read the ingredients of the foods you eat.

Jeff Childers had a great substack on Saturday and discussed the push for synthetic meat and edible insects in-depth. It all sounds crazy, but the evidence is there.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/-coffee-and-covid-saturday-august-b8b

That's why I'll just stick with my Cheetos Puffs, TYVM.
Science Denier
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

BMX Bandit said:

Where is anyone seeing a push to eat bugs? Twitter?

Quote:

If worst comes to worst, claim you are Jewish?

"Those" guys again??!!? Always conniving to get us!

Not my point. I am saying you should claim that as a method of getting out of being forced to eat them by government restrictions. Don't tell me our government won't be trying this under the guise of "climate change".
I'm telling you now. We won't be pressured to eat bugs.
Science Denier
AG
White said:

Government? no. if Republicans said to eat bugs, they would protest. Can you imagine the outrage if Trump suggested everyone should eat more bugs?

if Soros, err, Biden told them to, there would be a mad rush.
Charpie
AG
People in other countries have been eating bugs for a LONG time. This isn't something new.
Faustus

HalifaxAg
AG
"Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll never know cuz I won't east the filthy mother#$@%er"...

Truer words have never been spoken
American Hardwood
AG
I admit, I have eaten a few grilled scorpions on occasion. Tastes like old canteen water. Not horrible, but not great either. And before you ask, yes there was alcohol involved.
frenchtoast
I had some chapulines in Mexico. They were pretty tasty.
Tergdor
AG
I don't think they're trying to make people go to a bug-based diet. They're trying to destigmatize eating them so they can start increasing the insect parts allowed for food items and use bug-based substitutes for ingredients. Just so they can save money.

It's always a money game.
GeorgiAg
AG
Chitin and Its Effects on Inflammatory and Immune Responses

Hello food allergies.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Charpie said:

People in other countries have been eating bugs for a LONG time. This isn't something new.
Out of choice/preference, or necessity bc they live in 3rd world conditions none of us want any part of?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.