H-Town: Massive Catalytic Converter Bust

6,685 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Burdizzo
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

477 catalytic converters
How many 2 dollar bills will this get you?
Let's go, Brandon!
Big Al 1992
AG
CrimeStoppers reported this guy had been arrested and released 3 previous times. This was his 4th arrest. Let's see how long before he's released again.
TxTarpon

Quote:

Then I saw more and more kids in Houston with this cut and thought maybe it was a tribute to their Mayan ancestors who likely cut each other's hair with sharpened flint stone. Then I finally realized over time, nope, it's a carefully sculpted gang banger cut.

Tres pachucos busted for theft in Bexar County.
"Marbach Mop" is slang for that haircut because so many guys around Marbach road on the Westside of SA.

The pachucos from the OP bragged on social media and got caught.

Burdizzo
AG
If your haircut is the Marbach Mop, does that make you a Marbach Moe?
TxTarpon

Quote:

If your haircut is the Marbach Mop, does that make you a Marbach Moe Mas?
AGHouston11
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

CrimeStoppers reported this guy had been arrested and released 3 previous times. This was his 4th arrest. Let's see how long before he's released again.

And this is the problem!

The criminals know the risks are low! Especially in Harris County.

The one that shot the 14 yr old girl 22 times and killed her was let back out on the streets - to commit more crime. He was arrested again. Back out again. It may be a couple of years even till a trial.

Rule by Democrats - this is what it looks like.

Houston isn't any better than Chicago at this point.
gigemags-99
AG
Burdizzo said:

If your haircut is the Marbach Mop, does that make you a Marbach Moe?

I've always heard it referred to as "The Edgar" haircut
texags08
AG
AGHouston11 said:

BigRobSA said:

Wow!

Why in the heck would they stockpile evidence?

They are making this out to be a huge bust.

Most trucks have 4 catalytic converters. This would be a little over a 100 trucks. As many as these criminals are hitting at one time this is about a couple of days work for a small crew.

The most popular truck in America (F150) has 4 gas engines for the last 8 model years, and all of those only have 2 catalytic converters per truck. What are "most" trucks you are talking about?
Hammerly High Dive Crips
TxTarpon said:

I don't think they realize just how universally hated cat converter thieves are. I know a lot of people in Houston who would be fine putting them on spikes for display after public execution. It is a huge pain in the ass to deal with a stolen CC, and very expensive. The fact that these idiots thought it would be cool to brag about is insanely stupid.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Hammerly High Dive Crips
I heard the vast majority of these cases are Toyota Tundras and Tacomas. Guessing just easier access?
TxTarpon
These thefts are a scourge upon us.

I am so glad that I park my vehicles in a garage at night.
coupland boy
AG
Aggie4Life02 said:

Catalytic converter thieves should be hung like cattle rustlers.

That's what she said?
TxTarpon
coupland boy said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

Catalytic converter thieves should be hung like cattle rustlers.

That's what she said?
Hey now, this is not a "Heather Does Houston" thread....
coupland boy
AG
Cromagnum
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

TxTarpon said:

I don't think they realize just how universally hated cat converter thieves are. I know a lot of people in Houston who would be fine putting them on spikes for display after public execution. It is a huge pain in the ass to deal with a stolen CC, and very expensive. The fact that these idiots thought it would be cool to brag about is insanely stupid.

Those tools in the picture are just begging for a load of 00 buck to the face.
TxTarpon
It would improve their haircut
Science Denier
AG
txyaloo said:

They'll probably get popped harder for the unregistered machine gun than the cat thefts.
Until they find out the guns were actually guns were put out there by our government.
94chem
Head on a pike, Roman and Zulu style.
LSB_2002
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

And this is the problem!

The criminals know the risks are low! Especially in Harris County.

The one that shot the 14 yr old girl 22 times and killed her was let back out on the streets - to commit more crime. He was arrested again. Back out again. It may be a couple of years even till a trial.

Rule by Democrats - this is what it looks like.

Houston isn't any better than Chicago at this point.
H-town = hell hole
LSB_2002
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

I heard the vast majority of these cases are Toyota Tundras and Tacomas. Guessing just easier access?
Toyotas have more tungsten, or precious metal (whatever the hell it is that they use to build those things) than any of the other makes. That is why Toyotas are being hammered!

I have some friends that had their CC (Sequoia) stolen twice in less than 3 months (once in Austin, once in Dallas).
Hammerly High Dive Crips
LSB_2002 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Toyotas have more tungsten, or precious metal (whatever the hell it is that they use to build those things) than any of the other makes. That is why Toyotas are being hammered!

I have some friends that had their CC (Sequoia) stolen twice in less than 3 months (once in Austin, once in Dallas).
Geez

My buddy in Seattle said he saw a guy in broad daylight stealing one from a Tacoma in a crowded grocery store parking lot. He had a little truck parked behind the victim's vehicle and there was a loud sawing noise...people were just casually walking by, presumably thinking maybe it was some guy called out to fix the vehicle? He said he and his wife almost thought the same but then he saw the guy and realized what was going on.

He called it in and reported the license plate. I am sure the guy is back out doing the same as we speak.
Chef Elko
AG
"A saw changed my life"
BigRobSA
LSB_2002 said:

SB 43rd STREET OG said:

CCs have platinum inside. I sold some when I worked in a performance shop in Iowa for a year or so, for the shop. Had to give ID and other info in case they were stolen. My GTI CC was safe as it was on my garage shelf.
JSKolache
AG
Tundras have 4 cats, 2 per side. All those pipes you see in the photos with 2 cats came from Tundras/sequoias.

ETA: lets start patrols ala brazil / boondock saints
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3305418
Rapier108
JSKolache said:

Tundras have 4 cats, 2 per side. All those pipes you see in the photos with 2 cats came from Tundras/sequoias.
Tundras are the #1 target for these kinds of thieves, with Toyotas in general being their favorite brand.

They also prefer newer vehicles of any type over old ones.

As for Toyotas, some people are saying it will take 6-9 months to get replacements because you can't use an aftermarket one. You have to get it for Toyota and they're on long term back order.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
captkirk
AG
pagerman @ work
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

TxTarpon said:

Quote:

Any bets on them having "Marbach Mop" haircuts?

So THAT'S what this haircut is called.

I remember first seeing it a few years back and thinking, poor kid's mom doesn't have enough money to get him a real haircut. Then I saw more and more kids in Houston with this cut and thought maybe it was a tribute to their Mayan ancestors who likely cut each other's hair with sharpened flint stone. Then I finally realized over time, nope, it's a carefully sculpted gang banger cut.

It's almost such a good identifier, you could pretty much lock up any cholo with this mop top and rest assured that they have done something to justify it.

No poda bailar con otro, whoa, cuando la vi parada all
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

If the state would treat scrap yards like they do pawn shops, this would have been stopped long ago.
They do or at least they're starting to anyways. I recently took some scrap wire along with some aluminum cans to a recycler just to keep it out of the landfill. I left with a picture ID for any future scrap other than the cans. Didn't really want it but they said it was now a state requirement and I was already stuck in the bay & wouldn't get my money for the cans if I didn't go through the registration process.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Burdizzo
AG
Weird how we instituted a rule regarding IDs and CC theft, but we struggle with ID rules for voting and can't seem to be bothered to fix the paper license plate fiasco.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.