Adultery and marriage

28,547 Views | 568 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Manhattan
BAP Enthusiast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am of the opinion that adultery should be punishable by a minimum of 1 year in prison for every violation and it should be the only valid reason for divorce. I also think that you should not be allowed to marry at all unless you get a religious marriage. This would ensure all marriages are religious in nature and eliminate those who just want to get married for tax purposes.

if you don't have a religious marriage, why do you even care about faithfulness? You just have a civil union for tax purposes so who cares what your spouse does? Your marriage isn't valid in the eyes of the lord anyway.

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death. This topic has even been glorified in modern media and Hollywood and our politicians do it all of the time. It's an absolutely corruptive force that has no business in a civilized society.
One Louder
AG
I have never cheated on my husband nor would I consider it but this is ludicrous. Better start building more jails!
BAP Enthusiast
One Louder said:

I have never cheated on my husband nor would I consider it but this is ludicrous. Better start building more jails!

I'm okay with this.
GAC06
AG
If you have a religious marriage why do you care what goes on in other marriages
D-Fens
This country doesn't even care about Hunter cheating on his wife with his dead brother's widow, knocking up a stripper, and having an incestuous sexual relationship with his underage neice. Why would it care about adultery among non-crack smoking squares?
Silian Rail
GAC06 said:

If you have a religious marriage why do you care what goes on in other marriages
We live in a society
Martin Q. Blank
GAC06 said:

What is a religious marriage?
torrid
AG
Undoubtedly a troll post, but I'm sure there are people who would agree with this.
Martin Cash
AG
One Louder said:

Rules???
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Deplorable
Listen, ****ers

We won a conservative victory on Roe.

A conservative victory. That victory happens to align with strong religious beliefs. That doesn't mean religion now drives the bus on policy.

Conservative/constitution = good.
Anti conservative/anti constitution theocracy = bad.
titan
S

I am fine with a woman divorcing a man that announces they are gay or trans. "False advertising" of a sort.
Martin Cash
AG
We swapped "until death do us part" for "until something better comes along" a long time ago.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
ColoradoMooseHerd
This is crazy talk. So I have to abide by your religious views? Are you okay with my religion making the rules?
Teslag
AG
GAC06 said:

Never try to understand theocracy.
12thMan9
AG
I guess we know where on the doll your wife ISN'T touching you.
Ronnie '88
One Louder
AG
Martin Cash said:

One Louder said:

Rules???

I'm almost 50. That should nullify Rule #1.
ColoradoMooseHerd
torrid said:

Undoubtedly a troll post, but I'm sure there are people who would agree with this.
I was assuming this
MGS
BAP Enthusiast said:

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death.
You know what's worse? Having a husband cheat on his wife and then not being able to support the family because he's spending a year in prison.
ColoradoMooseHerd
12thMan9 said:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
RebelE Infantry
AG
Martin Cash said:

We swapped "until death do us part" for "until something better comes along" a long time ago.

Thanks Reagan
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
GAC06
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

GAC06 said:

What is a religious marriage?

Good question. Just sticking with the OP's term
BAP Enthusiast
GAC06 said:

Because it devalues the meaning and sanctity of marriage itself for the exact same reason gay marriage does. The left promotes adultery for the exact same reason. They want to destroy marriage as a religious institution and what better way to do it than convincing people that adultery is the norm.
P.U.T.U
AG
Divorces take time too and in the state of Texas it is considered adultery until the divorce is final. I know of a few people that went through nasty divorces that lasted over 5 years.

And as stated how can the person in jail support their kids, financially or emotionally? That penalizes the kid more than the adult
Old McDonald
BAP Enthusiast said:

if you don't have a religious marriage, why do you even care about faithfulness? You just have a civil union for tax purposes so who cares what your spouse does? Your marriage isn't valid in the eyes of the lord anyway.
because adultery is effed up. don't need the bible or the quran to tell me that. that's just basic golden rule.
BAP Enthusiast
Martin Cash said:

Indeed, this is all part of the plan of the cultural Marxists. It needs to change. Those words need to have meaning again.
Silian Rail
MGS said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death.
You know what's worse? Having a husband cheat on his wife and then not being able to support the family because he's spending a year in prison.
You know what's even worse than that; people using this as an excuse for bad behavior. You can't be held hostage by degenerates. Like the women who claim "I'm going to stick a rusty coathanger in myself if you don't let me abort my children". It's like "what if we outlaw abortion...and you just...didn't...do..that".

How about the husband doesn't cheat on his wife. How about women don't stick rusty coathangers up themselves. How about we continue to not negotiate with terrorists.
Deputy Travis Junior
BAP Enthusiast said:

I am of the opinion that adultery should be punishable by a minimum of 1 year in prison for every violation and it should be the only valid reason for divorce. I also think that you should not be allowed to marry at all unless you get a religious marriage. This would ensure all marriages are religious in nature and eliminate those who just want to get married for tax purposes.

In a marriage this is effectively as bad emotionally as milking someone and people grieve in the same way as an actual death. This topic has even been glorified in modern media and Hollywood and our politicians do it all of the time. It's an absolutely corruptive force that has no business in a civilized society.

This post is almost as good as the novelization of Ace Ventura Pet Detective
BAP Enthusiast
torrid said:

It's definitely not a troll. Go look at my post history.
WaltonAg18
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Divorces take time too and in the state of Texas it is considered adultery until the divorce is final. I know of a few people that went through nasty divorces that lasted over 5 years.

And as stated how can the person in jail support their kids, financially or emotionally? That penalizes the kid more than the adult
At the end of the day, this issue for OP is about ensuring more government overreach and control as long as it suits their religious beliefs.

Fascism in the name of religion is still fascism.
aggiedata
AG
Does the wife have to visit me in prison?
LOYAL AG
AG
Well this is the most extreme thing I'll read on TexAgs today. We aren't a religious theocracy. Let's leave that to the Muslims, shall we?
C@LAg
Great. Can we retroactively arrest Trump and put him away for a year?

I mean, given the OPs stance, there is no reason to have any pesky sort of statute of limitations to slow down your theocracy.
BAP Enthusiast
12thMan9 said:

Everything always boils down to sex for you all doesn't it. No wonder why you can't fathom anyone having actual morals and decorum in behavior.
Choobadooba
And this is why we have a separation of church and state.
Ag06Law
AG
This is absolutely ****ing insane. Like completely bonkers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.