ATF shows up without a warrant, asks to see guns

15,276 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CanyonAg77
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hunter2012
AG
Simple response to that.

"Go get a warrant, I'm calling my lawyer, and no I will not open the safe for you without my lawyer's say-so."
AgBQ-00
AG
WTF? If he did nothing wrong, why the hell are you there, dog killer?
jellycheese
AG
"Hello officer, can I offer you a glass of get the **** off my porch?"
exp
AG
Jeez
Martin Q. Blank
"Ok, I'll be right back."

[never come back]
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
definitely not an infringement, this is going to end badly for someone
Eso si, Que es
GeorgiAg
AG
exp
AG
I'm not interested in getting on the ATFs bad side so I wouldn't be rude with him. I'd probably try to engage the guy in a conversation about constitutional rights while politely declining his request.
hunter2012
AG
Slicer97
AG
The ATF should be disbanded. They serve no beneficial purpose.
Tramp96
"You did nothing wrong, absolutely zero...however I noticed you were stopped in Philly...."
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
exp
AG
Tramp96 said:

"You did nothing wrong, absolutely zero...however I noticed you were stopped in Philly...."

Yeah that cop was being a dick and trying to intimidate. Nice guy was behind him. Enforcer in the yard for added effect.
Tea Party
Three letter gov agencies are no longer for the people but rather vs the people.

Prove me wrong.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
CanyonAg77
AG
exp said:

I'm not interested in getting on the ATFs bad side so I wouldn't be rude with him. I'd probably try to engage the guy in a conversation about constitutional rights while politely declining his request.
Anything other than instant obedience and subservience will put you on their bad side. You have no legal obligation to be polite to people being @$$h0les under the cover of government authority.

If anything, you have a moral obligation to resist them.
BCR
It is crazy they show up in force armed with vest on to ask questions. There has to be more to this.
Sims
AG
You see sir, it says right here that the constitution goes from amendment #3 to #5. We're not sure what you're referring to as the "4th amendment."

Now please, let us into the house so we can inspect your personal property.
YouBet
AG
One more reason not to live in a blue state. Not that we are immune to it here, necessarily, but at least your odds are lower here.

Also, this is our future. Tyrannical alphabet agencies need to be burned to the ground, the ones like the ATF need to be disbanded and forgotten, and others need to be rebuilt.
oldyeller
AG
The leftist counter will be "gun owners wanted us to more strongly pursue straw purchases," because they don't care about warrants or due process.

Edit: How many firearms did the guy supposedly have to buy to trigger this? Seems they initially wanted to see two, and noted he had two purchases, but then mentions if one buys more than three that is what triggers their report. Lots of inconsistencies in that agent's statements.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
"On your way out do you think you can roll the garbage down the hill? Tomorrow is pick-up day."

Tony Soprano
CDUB98
AG
Me: Do you have a warrant?
Officer: No.
Me: Please obtain one under 4th Amendment processes.
closes door
HarryJ33tamu
3 guys in street clothes with bulletproof vests? Knock on enough doors, they're going to encounter some bullets.

Buying more than 2 guns at once now gets you a visit from the Brownshirts?

Zero percent chance I'd open the door for these clowns.

AgGrad99
AG
Tramp96 said:

Yep. That stood out to me too.

Trying to make him uncomfortable so he'll comply.
HarryJ33tamu
FeDs DoN'T hAvE a LiSt oF aLL gUn OwNeRs
Marcus Brutus
We have our own agencies led by the Central Committee, just like the USSR.

The agencies are weaponized under the Dems and they are filled mostly with liberal Marxists.
FTAG 2000
AG
I think there's a rule that if you buy more than five firearms in 48 hours you could get a visit from ATF. this guy bought seven.

Not a fan of the ATF but it's understandable why he got visited.
TAMU1990
AG
The purge needs to happen in earnest with desantis. He has the guts to do it too.
Ags4DaWin
The other thing of note and has been upheld by SCOTUS-

The police can lie to you to obtain a confession or get you to comply with requests for evidence.

So if they say- show us the gun and that you have it and we will be gone they could very well be lying to you. You show them the gun voluntarily they can confiscate it, do whatever they want because you complied with the request. They don't even have to tell you that you have the right to refuse.

Never voluntarily talk to the police or comply with them when they want you to turn over anything that could be used as evidence unless they have a warrant/state their probable cause. And demand a lawyer immediately.

Do not submit to warrantless searches and demand a supervising officer be present if they want you to exit your car.

Also I am not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Do your own research.

As we found out multiple times during COVID- cops are not your friends and will follow orders even if they are bad and illegal.
Ranger26
He didn't say what would happen if he didn't have the guns…
Tramp96
So let me now play devil's advocate on this one...

They have paperwork showing I bought two guns. So they know I bought them, and they want to verify that I am actually the one in possession of them. If I refuse to show them in real life the guns they already know I bought based on the paperwork, they then red flag my ass and now I may have difficulty ever purchasing more.

Or, I show him the two guns, they match the paperwork, and they leave. Less chance of me being red-flagged in this scenario, isn't there?

The true violation of the 4th amendment here is the paperwork showing I bought the two guns**..but that's a different discussion for a different day.

I'm thinking I show them the guns, they know that I didn't buy them and then sell them to drug dealers or gangs, and that's that. But I don't show them the guns, then they are going to be watching my every move going forward when I try to buy guns again in the future.

Is my logic here not sound?

**ETA: the true violation of the 4th amendment here is that those officers are in possession of the paperwork showing I bought the guns. How did they get that paperwork?? Was there a warrant? THAT'S the question that really needs to be asked here.
exp
AG
Can you actually demand a supervising officer?
YouBet
AG
HarryJ33tamu said:

3 guys in street clothes with bulletproof vests? Knock on enough doors, they're going to encounter some bullets.

Buying more than 2 guns at once now gets you a visit from the Brownshirts?

Zero percent chance I'd open the door for these clowns.

This is what would happen at my house because I never answer the door anyway. I only answer it if I know the person and if I know they are coming over.
AGHouston11
AG
This is us on our path to be like Australia

This is what the left dreams of
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.