Biden to declare climate emergency this week

11,197 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by captkirk
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Looking to salvage his environmental agenda, President Biden is considering declaring a national climate emergency as soon as this week, according to the Washington Post. The decision could redirect funds for clean energy projects and restrict offshore drilling, or even curtail the movement of fossil fuels aboard ships, trains and pipelines. He may also use the Defense Production Act to ramp up output of renewable energy products and systems, though any executive action would face the reality of high gas prices, as well as a likely court challenge

So the inflation number was over 9% last week right? Mostly due to massive increase in the cost of energy. And this guys plan is to FURTHER disincentivize the energy industry? This is incredible in its stupidity. Things have gone off the rails.
An L of an Ag
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Quote:

Looking to salvage his environmental agenda, President Biden is considering declaring a national climate emergency as soon as this week, according to the Washington Post. The decision could redirect funds for clean energy projects and restrict offshore drilling, or even curtail the movement of fossil fuels aboard ships, trains and pipelines. He may also use the Defense Production Act to ramp up output of renewable energy products and systems, though any executive action would face the reality of high gas prices, as well as a likely court challenge

So the inflation number was over 9% last week right? Mostly due to massive increase in the cost of energy? And this guys plan is to FURTHER disincentivize the energy industry? This is incredible in its stupiditu

No. It is intentional and must be stopped.
BigRobSA
An emergency you have to wait to respond to.

Oooookkkkaaay
DrEvazanPhD
Can you imagine voting for this crap, knowing full well it'll destroy the economy and possibly our country, because the opposition party doesn't fully embrace all parts of your choice of lifestyle?

Idiots, all of them
Aggie4Life02
AG
Cloward and Piven.
aggieforester05
AG
Laundering our tax dollars through Democrat donors back to Democrat coffers while punishing the donors of his political opposition. That's really all there is to it. Surely no one actually believes he's doing this to save the climate?
MouthBQ98
AG
Is that lawful? If it is, we need a constitutional fix to restrain such a self serving political emergency declaration that is used purely to escape the constraints of having to pass legislation.
jefe95
AG
Curtail movement of fossil fuels in trains, ships, and pipelines.

Well. That's one way to absolutely wreck the country. Pipeline movement of fossil fuels. Wow. Nicely done Joe.
redsquirrelAG
AG
I called out the election fraud and this BS as I saw it coming a mile away...did you?

Believe in conspiracies yet?

Are we having fun yet?
Owlagdad
Just hope there is enough in Armed Forces on our side.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Source? Link?
2wealfth Man
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

I called out the election fraud and this BS as I saw it coming a mile away...did you?

Believe in conspiracies yet?

Are we having fun yet?

we are going to be eating grasshoppers soon
aggieforester05
AG
I recently listened to a Crenshaw podcast with an energy expert on there discussing how these people are actually anti energy. They don't want alternative energy to replace fossil fuels, they want to take us back to the Stone Age and reduce our energy usage period. That's why they are so opposed to nuclear. If you watch how they behave, he's right.
2wealfth Man
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

Source? Link?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/07/18/biden-climate-emergency-manchin/
AgBQ-00
AG
Boiled down they are anti-human. As you say they want us to devolve to a point where billions would starve to death. There is a large part of that movement that literally wants humanity to go back to hunter-gatherer levels living.
Owlagdad
Lithium is made from exploding stars? So is it renewable? Joe, if you cut oil, cut lithium too.
Ag87H2O
AG
This would absolutely destroy the economy and drive inflation through the roof. If you think it's not intentional at this point you're severely misguided.

If Biden actually goes through with this there needs to be a serious discussion of either removing Biden from office or Texit. There is no more middle ground with these a**hats.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
ProgN
They're trying to force an armed insurrection so they can really clamp down on conservatives.
2%er/New Army
Ag87H2O said:

This would absolutely destroy the economy and drive inflation through the roof. If you think it's not intentional at this point you're severely misguided.

If Biden actually goes through with this there needs to be a serious discussion of either removing Biden from office or Texit. There is no more middle ground with these a**hats.

TEXIT NOW!!!! Peaceful separation! It's that easy!
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
It's all good. Pee Paw's handlers will write another angry, open letter to mom-n-pop convenience store owners demanding they lower prices!!!

Clob94
ProgN said:

They're trying to force an armed insurrection so they can really clamp down on conservatives.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This right here

They want us to throw the first serious punch so they can justify their draconian regulations.

Jan 6 is a practice session for how dissent should be dealt with.
ChemEAg08
AG
Texit.
HDeathstar
Emergency: They know they will lose both houses in midterms, and they need to drain the Treasury into the hands of their comrades before it is to late.
loser97
AG
Crickets more likely. It's coming.
Owlagdad
What a bunch of Marxists or juvenile clowns in charge trolling us with that sheet. It's just like spoiled children saying if I don't get my way, I am going to do this or that. Then republicans meet them in the middle to keep them happy.
Lol, gays, trans, this color, that color, rich or poor, if he does this, not only conservative lives will be crap, but yours as well. And for rich libs, your bank will dry up because we won't or can't feed it anymore, and you will be looking for ways to skin the cat or ****zu to make a meal.
snowdog90
This is another example of the powerful elites not trying to hide it anymore. They are so emboldened by the havoc they wreaked with almost no pushback during covid. They are absolutely drunk with unfettered power.

"Hey, let's devastate MORE poor people by telling them that while they can't afford the gas and food they need to survive now, they're also going to have to do with even less because they're killing our climate. LOL. Are we evil *******s or what? Now fire up the private jet, I feel like going to Fiji. Make sure to have enough hot dogs ready for me this time."

I just keep wondering when our worldwide Marie Antoinette moment will come.
fasthorse05
ProgN said:

BINGO!

Red Red Wine
AG
This isn't dumb. It is evil. All of this is by design and the American people suffering is a sign that they are winning.

I pray we have a chance to fight back and rid our nation of these people. May they be cast back into the shadows by the brilliant light of Freedom and of God.
justcallmeharry
S
BigRobSA said:

An emergency you have to wait to respond to.

Oooookkkkaaay
What do you expect? He's not even sure he if he is back from Saudi Arabia, yet.
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
TexAgs91
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Exactly. At the MIMINUM if America is worth its salt as a country (and that's a big IF at this point) we should see revolts like we saw in Canada and the Netherlands. But yes, the correct response should be TEXIT or to finally realize a hostile power has taken over our governement and react appropriately.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TxTarpon
Good!
Declare this heat illegal and allow the govt to cloud seed and get some rain going.
titan
S
jefe95 said:

Curtail movement of fossil fuels in trains, ships, and pipelines.

Well. That's one way to absolutely wreck the country. Pipeline movement of fossil fuels. Wow. Nicely done Joe.
And J6 is supposed to concern. As if something would be lost.
TexAgs91
AG
Clob94 said:

ProgN said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This right here

They want us to throw the first serious punch so they can justify their draconian regulations.

Jan 6 is a practice session for how dissent should be dealt with.

Just because they want this doesn't mean it would not be warranted.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
BQ2017
AG
Great, this means more funding for nuclear power with some going towards fusion research, right?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.