To those suffering from high gas prices because they drive a giant gas guzzler...

7,937 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by coolerguy12
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This ain't a giant gas guzzler mofos!

Granted a kayak is cheaper, but has less range and is not as safe.

Neither is this, but it take premium.

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
oh no
AG

by all means, sell your SUV, sell your single family home and move to an urban multi-family unit, go get your food stamps from the government, and make a difference to help reverse climate change, everyone!
DisAg
They see me trollin
GeorgiAg
AG
TxTarpon said:

This ain't a giant gas guzzler mofos!

Granted a kayak is cheaper, but has less range and is not as safe.

Neither is this, but it take premium.

Sweet Sea Doo. I didn't know they had a fishing version. I have a pair of the RXT 300. Just changed the oil and plugs in it for the first time. Taking them out this weekend.

oh, and mine will burn some pricey marine gas. With throttle wide open & sport mode/turbocharger, I can hit 70 mph.
The Fife
747Ag said:

wbt5845 said:

No one could have ever foreseen the price of gas ever going up.

Bro, it's more efficient to fit my family into a Catholic Assault Vehicle than having two or three cars.

Username checks out!
TxTarpon

Quote:

Sweet Sea Doo. I didn't know they had a fishing version. I have a pair of the RXT 300. Just changed the oil and plugs in it for the first time. Taking them out this weekend.
So much fun!!
Quote:

oh, and mine will burn some pricey marine gas. With throttle wide open & sport mode/turbocharger, I can hit 70 mph.
I don't go that fast, but I am sure that is a whole lot of fun.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
GeorgiAg
AG
I'm jealous of the fishing version. I didn't want the fast ones, but they had no selection during covid and those two came in with only 6 hours used on them.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not fooling me. I'll be out fishing in the middle of nowhere out on a lake half a mile away from every other boat, but jet skiers will go out of their way to run up on my spot and go flying by 100 yards away just to be sure they are seen by someone else as they drive a jet ski.

I am convinced if there was nobody else watching, people wouldn't even bother launching a jet ski.
Canyon99
AG
CDUB98 said:

I really wish there was a "dumbass" option to vote down a post.

OP would be fighting for this top spot in this specific category.
techno-ag
AG
I member when SUVs started gaining popularity and the libs attacked them. Daily, journos wrote stories every time there was an accident as if the SUV killed someone, like guns.

Then a funny thing happened. Libs discovered they could fit the fam in an SUV. There was more metal and the vehicles are safer. Drivers sit higher and can see better with greater visibility.

Slowly all the negativity surrounding SUVs died out as libs bought them along with the rest of us. They were late adopters but SUVs represented a transportation innovation that went mainstream.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

frenchtoast
Cars
We fixed the keg
AG
El_duderino said:

8 foot bed
Either there or the enclosed trailer the F250 is pulling. If that is 1/2 inch plywood, you could get that one and bring along more than 500 more.
TexAgs91
AG
wbt5845 said:

When Biden stole the election after campaigning on killing oil and gas we knew gas would go up.
1st Generation Ag
Krautag81 said:

coolerguy12 said:

You're welcome to bring your prius to my house this weekend to hook up to my trailer. I need to pull my tractor down the road a ways to help my friend get some work done at his summer camp. Trailer takes a 2 5/16" ball, total load will be around 7500 lbs. let's try to roll out around 7:30 AM.

Bring a good pair of gloves. I imagine just lowering the jack on the trailer will be a enough to give you some pretty good blisters.
In addition, come pull my 14,000lb trailer to drag more hay from the other pasture. Take some cattle to the auction, and then haul some steel for a new building.
Bout 10 years ago I was living in the Washington, DC area and my church was doing a service project for a local elementary school. I asked a college kid for some assistance unloading my F-150. He asked me, "Does that get good gas mileage?" I was riding Metro to work so I quipped, "It does when I don't drive it." He replied, with some satisfaction, "Well, I drive a Prius." Not easily offended, I just said, "Well, just today, I've hauled 20 pavers, 60 bags of mulch, two shrubs, and a lawnmower." He sheepishly said, "My Prius won't do that."
techno-ag
AG
1st Generation Ag said:

Krautag81 said:

coolerguy12 said:

You're welcome to bring your prius to my house this weekend to hook up to my trailer. I need to pull my tractor down the road a ways to help my friend get some work done at his summer camp. Trailer takes a 2 5/16" ball, total load will be around 7500 lbs. let's try to roll out around 7:30 AM.

Bring a good pair of gloves. I imagine just lowering the jack on the trailer will be a enough to give you some pretty good blisters.
In addition, come pull my 14,000lb trailer to drag more hay from the other pasture. Take some cattle to the auction, and then haul some steel for a new building.
Bout 10 years ago I was living in the Washington, DC area and my church was doing a service project for a local elementary school. I asked a college kid for some assistance unloading my F-150. He asked me, "Does that get good gas mileage?" I was riding Metro to work so I quipped, "It does when I don't drive it." He replied, with some satisfaction, "Well, I drive a Prius." Not easily offended, I just said, "Well, just today, I've hauled 20 pavers, 60 bags of mulch, two shrubs, and a lawnmower." He sheepishly said, "My Prius won't do that."
That's right. For a personal one person short commute a little hybrid or an EV is fine. But when you need to do manly work, you need a manly vehicle like a Ford F-150.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Nat Gas Guy
Wrong. Joe. Forcing your economics spokesman to go out there and make a statement he knows is patently false? Demand destruction is doing much more than your release and if you and your progressive ilk would have allowed the Canadian pipeline to the US built we would have had more Canadian crude albeit dirtier crude but completely refinable by refineries in the gulf. That would have also been a solution based upon your false presupposition that only your release of oil resulted in lower oil prices. You and your progressives have starved the market of oil with your threats and more importantly your deliberate efforts to tell lenders and wall street to stop providing financing to the fossil fuels industry. That starving of capital has resulted in all the exploration and production companies to stop searching for more oil; instead giving that free cash flow back to investors in the form of dividends and/or stock buybacks. Progressives' behavior regarding fossil fuels is childish. We will be using fossil fuels for the next 30 years and no amount of taxpayer dollars you want to throw at your Green New Deal will change that dynamic.
Gunny456
AG
texsn95
AG
Our stable is sporting close to 1800hp, 30 cylinders and 4 turbos, just doing our part to keep my industry going!
Gunny456
AG
captkirk
AG
OP has convinced me to vote for Biden
ag_eet
AG
wbt5845 said:

\

Amazing how some posters think they're so smart but demonstrate the extreme opposite.
aglaes
AG
oh no said:

by all means, sell your SUV, sell your single family home and move to an urban multi-family unit, go get your food stamps from the government, and make a difference to help reverse climate change, everyone!
I'm not a climate change fear monger, but this stuff about volcanoes putting out WAY more or even as much CO2 as human activity of burning fossil fuels is not true. Don't believe it. Human emitted CO2 is many times (like x100) the CO2 emitted from volcanic activity in a "normal year". Even large volcanic events don't come close to annual human emissions.

An indication that human emissions dwarf those of volcanoes is the fact that atmospheric CO2 levels measured by sampling stations, have gone up consistently year after year regardless of whether or not there have been major volcanic eruptions in specific years. If it were true that individual volcanic eruptions dominated human emissions and were causing the rise in carbon dioxide concentrations, then these carbon dioxide records would have large spikes after each eruption - and they do not.

However, large volcanic eruptions also emit ash and aerosols which typically create a cooling effect for a couple of years or so depending on the size of the eruption.
AzAg80
AG
lb3 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

The EV kryptonite:

That won't even fit in an F250. You've got to pick that up in an Odyssey or Sienna if you're going to transport that in the rain.
Depends on the bed length. It will fit in my F150. And I have a lift cover over the bed, so there.
rab79
AG
lb3 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

The EV kryptonite:

That won't even fit in an F250. You've got to pick that up in an Odyssey or Sienna if you're going to transport that in the rain.
my '99 long bed F250 (7.3) with the camper shell says hello
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
chickenfingers
AG
rathAG05 said:

It's energy…a commodity, just like grain. Prices fluctuate based off demand.

Not really. Gasoline is pretty inelastic from what I remember from econ 101
oh no
AG
rathAG05
AG
chickenfingers said:

rathAG05 said:

It's energy…a commodity, just like grain. Prices fluctuate based off demand.

Not really. Gasoline is pretty inelastic from what I remember from econ 101

Haha. Ok, bud.
redcrayon
AG
Probably found that on some high school girl's instagram.
stetson
AG
wbt5845 said:

\
Now do truckers.
FJB
fullback44
AG
I absolutely love my F350.. you own a vehicle like this you know the Dems will come around and drive up gas prices, it's what they have been doing for years… just need to own a few oil wells so you don't mind paying $160 to fill up the truck !
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
DVM97 said:

rathAG05 said:

What in the world are trying to accomplish by this post? It's energy…a commodity, just like grain. Prices fluctuate based off demand. You could make the same argument for mining lithium…also a commodity. This is one of the more dumb takes on this forum, and there are a lot of really dumb takes here.

Biden could turn this around in a matter of months, but he refuses to do anything that will actual solve or mitigate problems.
THIS! This administration could loosen "environmental regulations" to allow for faster and more gasoline to be refined. You can't just turn refineries on and off like a light switch and the major oil companies are still reeling from 2020 when oil was trading at a negative per barrel. The price of brent crude has been over $100/barrel for 2 months and so gas prices have climbed exponentially. In spite of a inflation Americans continue to fly and travel the roads this Summer leading to increased demand. Add the "war" in the Ukraine and the embargo on Russian oil, and we are now having to export to Europe (our allies) in order to help. Europe is highly dependent on natural gas and much more wind and solar dependent. Gas prices are a complicated issue and there is no easy fix in the future.
I know this would make the sensitive Dems soil their panties, but imagine if the administration did loosen regulations, permits, and make a more friendly "environment" to these nasty, greedy O&G companies. I'm betting these O&G thieves would ramp things up exponentially in both schedule and production to rake in even more obscene profits. But we can't have that, we have this climate change nonsense to worry about while the biggest impactors continue to spew, spill, clear, gouge, and heavily mine at rates which completely dwarf any significant impact we have in our little O&G arena.
HarryJ33tamu
This thread isn't going as OP thought it would
IslanderAg04
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Coming soon... (no really) The Electric Behemoth!

Behold!

And just think, for a mere 112k.
BigRobSA
I drive a hybrid, daily, and have an old Silverado as a work truck. I'm being assaulted, daily, by higher prices on EVERYTHING. The OP is an idiotic attempt to virtue signal but is more a beacon of abject moronitude.
The Shank Ag
wbt5845 said:

\
Isn't it kind of chicken to do a hit and run thread, refusing to reply again after trying to stir people up?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.