lol, Zelensky needs more cash

6,303 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by crowman2010
HumpitPuryear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BQ2017 said:

The Marshall Plan cost us about $13,000,000,000 in 1948, which is roughly $158,000,000,000 in today's currency. Zelensky is asking very nearly 5x that amount. At this point I'm completely riding with Putin and I hope Russia dominates every last square inch of Ukraine.
I'm not going to root for Putin, but if he does take Ukraine I hope he spills everything about the Biden crime family and other swamp rats' corruption in Ukraine. It would strike a blow at the globalists which I think Putin would enjoy.
Waffledynamics
AG
Eliminatus said:

Waffledynamics said:

I can respect the viewpoint that we shouldn't be involved even if I disagree with it, but to actively root for Russia? Seriously?
At least people here are FINALLY being open about it. These pillars of conservatism are ecstatic at the thought of personal homes being invaded, young, elderly, and otherwise defenseless people being killed every single day, and the spread of communism through firepower and terror.

I just might be a throwback where conservatives believed in better dead than red and protection of home and hearth from literal unprovoked violent invasion. It has been an interesting shift in the party over the last few years.
Imagine openly supporting a brutal, thug dictator that was in the KGB and who is openly hostile to the United States, and thinking you're pro-America.
nortex97
AG
Waffledynamics said:

nortex97 said:

Russia's gonna own the whole place in a few months/6 months anyway, so whatever. Hopefully even Brandon won't just fork over a cool trillion to putin to rebuild their new Ukraine state.
Keep pushing that timeline farther and farther out. It was supposed to be days, then weeks, then a month, and now we're going on 5 months with pitiful Russian performance.
I'm not a Russia cheerleader in any way, and while I am glad even the Germans now realize Trump was right about their economic/real threat to security/stability in Europe (though of course Democrats still are confused), Ukrainian forces are retreating, period.

You know that, because you posted a video about it last night at 9pm on the big thread.
eric76
AG
Eliminatus said:

Waffledynamics said:

I can respect the viewpoint that we shouldn't be involved even if I disagree with it, but to actively root for Russia? Seriously?
At least people here are FINALLY being open about it. These pillars of conservatism are ecstatic at the thought of personal homes being invaded, young, elderly, and otherwise defenseless people being killed every single day, and the spread of communism through firepower and terror.

I just might be a throwback where conservatives believed in better dead than red and protection of home and hearth from literal unprovoked violent invasion. It has been an interesting shift in the party over the last few years.
Keep in mind that radicals are not Conservatives. Do any actual Conservatives support Putin? Or is it only the radicals who self identify as Conservatives?
black_ice
nortex97 said:

Waffledynamics said:

nortex97 said:

Russia's gonna own the whole place in a few months/6 months anyway, so whatever. Hopefully even Brandon won't just fork over a cool trillion to putin to rebuild their new Ukraine state.
Keep pushing that timeline farther and farther out. It was supposed to be days, then weeks, then a month, and now we're going on 5 months with pitiful Russian performance.
I'm not a Russia cheerleader in any way, and while I am glad even the Germans now realize Trump was right about their economic/real threat to security/stability in Europe (though of course Democrats still are confused), Ukrainian forces are retreating, period.

You know that, because you posted a video about it last night at 9pm on the big thread.

Damn son. What you just said to that waffle bro is about the same as a stern backhand from a pimp.
Waffledynamics
AG
nortex97 said:

Waffledynamics said:

nortex97 said:

Yes, they are retreating in one part, because Russia is causing the same damage that this thread wildly misunderstood a cost estimate for. Russia is literally destroying some cities to the point that Ukraine has nothing left to defend there. Would you rather they stay and die or retreat to fight another day? Ukraine is also advancing and holding on other fronts, and they're gaining tools to degrade Russian logistics in the East.

This thread is full of people who somehow don't understand basic ideas such as that it takes money to rebuild a country, that those costs can be estimated, that counteroffensives exist and happen all the time, and that a retreat doesn't mean the loss of the entire war. If that were the case, then where were you people when Ukraine kicked Russia out of huge regions in the North? I guess that means Russia is destined to lose. Sorry, guys!

These threads also feels like an exercise in futility at times. It's like talking with the 38% of people that think Biden is doing a good job--no matter what you say, they will always wiggle out of any critical thinking.
TH36
Waffledynamics said:

That is incorrect. He's saying the estimated cost of reconstruction is $750 billion. Do consider that Russia has leveled entire cities to rubble and has severely hit key infrastructure.

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/ukraine-estimates-cost-of-reconstruction-at-750-bn.html

Also, here's a key detail that's inconvenient to the OP:

Quote:

"We believe that the key source of recovery should be the confiscated assets of Russia and Russian oligarchs," he said, stressing that "the Russian authorities unleashed this bloody war. They caused this massive destruction, and they should be held accountable for it".

Wouldn't want to upset all the Putin lovers around here with facts.
Eliminatus
AG
black_ice said:

nortex97 said:

Waffledynamics said:

nortex97 said:

Damn son. What you just said to that waffle bro is about the same as a stern backhand from a pimp.
Lolz. The war is lost because the Ukes are pulling back from an area getting blasted to pieces???

Agree, disagree.....I truly don't care. It just makes my eye twitch when inane excuses like this get made. I get that a lot of people do not understand warfare but the ignorance is still hard to see at times.

Also glad American forces never paid attention to that and didn't capitulate after setbacks. World would be very different right now.
RGLAG85
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Eliminatus said:

Waffledynamics said:

Imagine openly supporting a brutal, thug dictator that was in the KGB and who is openly hostile to the United States, and thinking you're pro-America.
You just described the leftist regime we are saddled with right now sans the KGB part.
BQ2017
AG
He's about to hit you with a "WELL ACTUALLY IT'S DIFFERENT BECAUSE...."
Waffledynamics
AG
RGLAG85 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Eliminatus said:

Waffledynamics said:

You just described the leftist regime we are saddled with right now sans the KGB part.
No argument there. FJB and his corrupt, mafioso ilk.
Eliminatus
AG
RGLAG85 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Eliminatus said:

Waffledynamics said:

Hard agree
annie88
AG
This guy is a pure scammer. And our leadership right now is so ****ing stupid they're just gonna keep giving this moron cash.

But meanwhile, Americans are suffering financially at every turn.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
ballchain
titan
S

Whatever you think about what is going on, just bear in mind that Biden is the other half of Obama-Biden administration 2009-2016 and remember their involvement with Ukraine. And then how it played a role with the Trump sting.

What it means still haven't figured out, but it should always be borne in mind.

And Ukraine is on Russia's border. That complicates things.
annie88
AG
titan said:

Whatever you think about what is going on, just bear in mind that Biden is the other half of Obama-Biden administration 2009-2016 and remember their involvement with Ukraine. And then how it played a role with the Trump sting.

Are you saying they want to hide Biden's involvement with Ukraine and that basically he's being blackmailed?

Or did I completely misunderstand that.
titan
S
annie88 said:

titan said:

Are you saying they want to hide Biden's involvement with Ukraine and that basically he's being blackmailed?

Actually not saying any of that. Like I said, I haven't figured this out yet. Obama admin meddled greatly with Ukraine and you have seen the promises about firing the prosecutor and all that back then too. Hunter on Burisma, etc. Then the 2016 campaign starts to ramp up and suddenly all the usual suspects are 110% against Trump and yelling about Russia, and they never let up. Ukraine has had an ongoing regional war for a while -- so where it all fits it is not clear.

The remark about Russia's border is simply that. I don't think we would react well to massive Chinese color revolution/spy activity in Mexico but we still probably would take it better than Russia. All of this has been borrowed trouble in the max, while at the same sending Russia confusing signals that may have spurred things along. Obama's "more flexibility" after the election still lingers as to what it meant...
annie88
AG
titan said:

annie88 said:

titan said:

Actually not saying any of that. Like I said, I haven't figured this out yet. Obama admin meddled greatly with Ukraine and you have seen the promises about firing the prosecutor and all that back then too. Hunter on Burisma, etc. Then the 2016 campaign starts to ramp up and suddenly all the usual suspects are 110% against Trump and yelling about Russia, and they never let up. Ukraine has had an ongoing regional war for a while -- so where it all fits it is not clear.

The remark about Russia's border is simply that. I don't think we would react well to massive Chinese color revolution/spy activity in Mexico but we still probably would take it better than Russia. All of this has been borrowed trouble in the max, while at the same sending Russia confusing signals that may have spurred things along. Obama's "more flexibility" after the election still lingers as to what it meant...
Got it.

Yeah, it's a mess.
crowman2010
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

10% of that is some solid change. Retirement worthy!
Yep! And half of that would give every American $1 Billion!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.