"Liberal World Order"?

11,617 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rockdoc
CSTXAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

CSTXAg92 said:

Neehau said:

You are mistaking the meaning of liberal in this context. It means something very different overseas and it means something very different when discussing trade. This is referring to trade liberalism.

Show me the text - from overseas or anywhere else - that reflects 'liberal' in the context of trade.

Furthermore, Biden specifically said, '…it's the glue that holds the liberal world order together.'

Attempt to move the goalposts all you want, but what Biden said was very clear. Kinda' like when he said his team has created, "the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics"
"Economic liberalization encompasses the processes, including government policies, that promote free trade, deregulation, elimination of subsidies, price controls and rationing systems, and, often, the downsizing or privatization of public services" (Much more at: https://www.un.org/esa/socdev/rwss/docs/2010/chapter6.pdf)

Some of the push back here is pretty hilarious considering how unpopular price controls, public services, regulation, subsidies and so many things the liberal economics has pushed back against...

"Trade liberalization" specifically refers to the idea of free trade and the removal of barriers to trade. No doubt that's more controversial here.

Thanks for the copy/paste definitions. Did you watch the full video I posted that the clip was from? Biden made no mention of economics or trade. And the video description included no mention of economics or trade. Only "political cooperation and consensus".
oldarmy1
AG
This is liberalism, libs. How you enjoying it?

I'm hoping for $10, $12 gas prices. Knowing that true liberalism would produce what we're seeing I wanted it to have its full effect. Granted, it's truly unfortunate that Americans have to endure what they didn't vote for but this disastrous Administration's liberal agenda has become the proverbial 2x4 to the moderate liberals face.

Oh, and if you were in the "I just can't vote for Trump" camp, I hope you're enjoying your moral high ground...
Stat Monitor Repairman
The next thing will be single mommys raging on TikTok that child support hasn't kept up with inflation.

Tap the vein/ Lock it in.
TXAggie2011
AG
A key piece of the liberal international order which, as noted, has been around since 1945ish, is political cooperation and consensus building. So, that made perfect sense to hear those words in this context

I'm not sure what your point is whether I take a definition or type up my own. I'm not going to write a thesis for you if the word "liberal" literally is going to send you into delirium
titan
S

Another trait of the Western powers was supposedly freedom of speech and thought (the degree allowed or somewhat curtailed varied slightly).

That has been completely lost and is on the way to a social credit score like Communist China.

The real thing throwing off people here is Leftists LIE. Biden and journalists are really saying "LEFT World Order" when they use the word `Liberal'. For the policy makers it is just a synonym for Left and no longer contains a trace of what `libera' meant in the 19th Century.

Mark Fairchild
AG
Totally agree.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
CSTXAg92
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

A key piece of the liberal international order which, as noted, has been around since 1945ish, is political cooperation and consensus building. So, that made perfect sense to hear those words in this context

I'm not sure what your point is whether I take a definition or type up my own. I'm not going to write a thesis for you if the word "liberal" literally is going to send you into delirium
"Liberal" doesn't send me into delirium. But "World Order" definitely makes me sit up and take notice. It's also interesting how dismissive you and a couple others (neehau) are on this thread. You've got video of a political leader telling you he doesn't like Trump b/c Trump disrupted progress toward a 'liberal world order' and you guys seem to think, 'meh, nothing to see here' and ascribe the whole thing to economics & trade vernacular. Problem with your logic is Biden never, not once mentioned trade or ecomonics. I won't claim I know exactly what Biden meant when he used the term, but I do know "Liberal World Order" doesn't sit easy with me.
titan
S

It certainly does not. Especially when it affirms and seems to flow so accurately downstream from some of Ross Perot's message in the early 90's and also Ron Paul's longstanding points. Given some of the claims about Perot being leaned on it doesn't help learning more about how Bush Sr. was back then either.

Generally speaking, to one who is 10th Amendment minded, whether it be the USA the Earth, or even a Galactic Federation --- the idea of "World Order" is worrisome -- especially one crafted by the extremely low character and narrow vision of the todays `elite' small-minded intellects so caught up with topics like race and avenging the past and faux $cience. Not to mention the clique willing to throw away all the work of Reagan and Gorbachev (the new Cold Worlders) All of them have too much money and it is all the more galling that they seek to regress things while keeping theirs.
TXAggie2011
AG
As noted earlier, there was a "world order" before 1945 and there will be a "world order" if/when the liberal world order collapses

"World order" or "international order" is merely a prevailing way that states and international orgs interact with each other

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make. I was just offering a definition since you didn't seem to understand what "economic liberalization" refers to and how it's a prong of liberal international order

And Trump absolutely pushed back against the liberal international order, in trade and non-trade terms. He doesn't like most of the institutions, he pushed against the prevailing trend towards free trade, etc. Rightly or wrongly, he did and he wouldn't deny itremember that whole TPP fight?

Again, I really don't know what point you're trying to make. Biden used a term you didn't understand, now you're hellbent to show that he and others don't know what it means?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Pepaw gonna make you take ya medicine.

You may squirm around and thrash about, but pepaw gon' give it to ya.

Theres a new world order. Don't make ya pepaw tell ya twice.
Boozer92
AG
Liberal world order has meaning and at the same time it doesn't. World order has changed over time. World war 2 through the cold war is different from now even if the same named was used. The current world order needs to be upset and regardless of US President pretending the US is the lone superpower and China is just our labor force wasn't going to last forever. Pick any name you like. If the US is to remain a central figure the paradigm needs to shift. We have allowed our enemies to prosper off providing the goods and services we deemed beneath us for too to long. Time to stop pretending slave labor in China is OK as long most people don't know. If the world is the West vs Russia vs China then so be it. Adapt production and move forward. Pretending that isn't what is happening only hastens our demise
Stat Monitor Repairman

I'd keep my eye on this.

This looks like a well crafted message and it ain't being run by accident.
BuddysBud
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I'd keep my eye on this.

This looks like a well crafted message and it ain't being run by accident.

This is such BS propaganda. There are literally leftist terrorists attacks against pro-life clinics and they focus on what seems to have been a peaceful protest by an apparent right wing group.

The protesters breaking the law at SC justices homes are not characterized as extremist but rather "frustrated".

ABC News is complete garbage.
The Debt
Some people are gonna get blackpilled when they realize their allegiances have been to Globohomo
Stat Monitor Repairman
Prosperdick said:

Frightening that in less than two years we went from Make America Great Again to the Liberal World Order.
They pushing this on people with a sense of desperation. Ramming this **** through as fast as they can.
TXAggie2011
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Prosperdick said:

Frightening that in less than two years we went from Make America Great Again to the Liberal World Order.
They pushing this on people with a sense of desperation. Ramming this **** through as fast as they can.

1945 was a long time ago, really
Fat Black Swan
AG
Neehau said:

You are mistaking the meaning of liberal in this context. It means something very different overseas and it means something very different when discussing trade. This is referring to trade liberalism.

Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old.

Why do Americans need to suffer in order to save global free trade? We have the capacity to ease the global energy crisis. Macron has pleaded to Biden to allow the US to be energy independent again.

How does cutting off American oil to the global supply; save free trade?
titan
S

You would need to cut off the profits to the policy setting class to start to get an answer. If they had to fend for the national interest rather than be immune from it it might help.
Bill Clinternet
AG
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

Neehau said:

Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old.

Why do Americans need to suffer in order to save global free trade? We have the capacity to ease the global energy crisis. Macron has pleaded to Biden to allow the US to be energy independent again.

How does cutting off American oil to the global supply; save free trade?
I suppose it is a question of whether or not we are going to join the rest of the world in the Paris Climate Accords or we aren't. One legitimate role of government is to ensure there is an operating environment for as free a market as possible. That won't happen if climate change continues to occur in the pattern it has.

How exactly are Americans suffering from free trade? Free trade has allowed people who own trailer homes to have big screen tvs. Freer markets are better for consumers. That is the every essence of trade liberalization.
"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
Fat Black Swan
AG
Quote:

That won't happen if climate change continues to occur in the pattern it has.

What pattern is that? Is it existential?

Quote:

How exactly are Americans suffering from free trade? Free trade has allowed people who own trailer homes to have big screen tvs. Freer markets are better for consumers. That is the every essence of trade liberalization.

The question surrounds why Americans should pay higher fuel prices when domestic policy decisions could cut those prices in half. We could help our European allies as well, immensely. Our current policy seems the opposite of free trade.

Rockdoc
AG
There is no man made climate change. So tired of hearing this BS from liberals.
Bill Clinternet
AG
Rockdoc said:

Ya you are wrong.

"I am neither an Athenian nor a Greek, but a citizen of the world"-Plato, attributed to Socrates, Theaetetus-
Rockdoc
AG
Neehau said:

Rockdoc said:

Ya you are wrong.

No not really
BigRobSA
Rockdoc said:

Weak-minded people believe silly ***** To be a lib, you have to be devoid of logic and intellect.

And just vote the troll down. It's really sad that staff allows it to continue.
titan
S

How do you address the fact that all these elites frettng about rising seas, in another century no less, are buying up expensive ocean front properties?

Or have multiple sets of mansions consuming energy and make jet trips to Davos and the like without a thought?

In short, how do you square their not having cut back their stratospheric living at all? Or how about this---allowing exemptions just because of some notion about colonialism and "developing" country --- a TRUE danger would not have exceptions because it is either a crisis or it is not.

No doubt their homes have their own power sources too, as they seek to cripple public grids with high costs and inane regulations.

No, in most cases nowadays, it is 21st Century $ciency, and it is far inferior to 19th and 20th Century Science.
Rockdoc
AG
BigRobSA said:

Rockdoc said:

Weak-minded people believe silly ***** To be a lib, you have to be devoid of logic and intellect.

And just vote the troll down. It's really sad that staff allows it to continue.

Guess that's what I'll have to do since they removed my post for whatever reason.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.