I feel like today's 2A ruling is setting the stage

2,956 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by petroleo y agua
1872walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For their decision Row vs. Wade. This SCOTUS goes to 11.
Cromagnum
AG
If they announce a decision on Roe tomorrow to reverse the ruling all hell is going to break loose online. LOL
Get Off My Lawn
I get that the lawdawgs keep saying "you do t know how SCOTUS works - they don't plan which they release or in what order... but it's shaping up to look a lot like a "pull pin - walk away" scenario. Perhaps Roberts is just claiming he's undecided. Perhaps they're sitting on it intentionally. Functionally - the result is the same.
aggie93
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

I get that the lawdawgs keep saying "you do t know how SCOTUS works - they don't plan which they release or in what order... but it's shaping up to look a lot like a "pull pin - walk away" scenario. Perhaps Roberts is just claiming he's undecided. Perhaps they're sitting on it intentionally. Functionally - the result is the same.
Actually reading how direct they were in this opinion it makes me wonder if the threats against them is having the opposite effect of what is intended and it is making the conservative Justices realize that there is no appeasing the leftist mob.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Big_Russ
AG
They should have overturned RvW before today's NY State Rifle ruling. Since they didn't, now there will be guns EVERYWHERE killing people with reckless abandon when announced!
Cromagnum
AG
Big_Russ said:

They should have overturned RvW before today's NY State Rifle ruling. Since they didn't, now there will be guns EVERYWHERE killing people with reckless abandon!

You joke, but somewhere there is a furious libbie pounding away that fear on zhis keyboard right now.
Ag with kids
AG
1872walker said:

Row vs Wade

coupland boy
AG
Ag with kids said:

1872walker said:

Row vs Wade

That is such a dad joke. Username fits.
Artorias
AG
Had to rule on the 2a case first so New Yorkers can legally arm themselves before all the riots.
MouthBQ98
AG
Current law is actually the Casey case that already substantially modified RvW.
JSKolache
AG
Ag with kids said:

1872walker said:

Row vs Wade

Is that Gorsuch?
Alte Schule
I thought that Roe Vs. Wade was a decision made by illegal immigrants on how to cross the Rio Grande.
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Current law is actually the Casey case that already substantially modified RvW.
Which is why Roberts' rumored position to somehow overrule Casey without overruling Roe was just dumb from the get-go.

That's too fine of a distinction to be made with any legitmacy.
1872walker
I ducking hate autocorrect
ABATTBQ11
AG
aggie93 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Actually reading how direct they were in this opinion it makes me wonder if the threats against them is having the opposite effect of what is intended and it is making the conservative Justices realize that there is no appeasing the leftist mob.

I wouldn't say they've ever attempted to appease, aside from maybe Roberts. I think they moreso want to maintain the perception of neutrality, which means sticking to more narrow rulings on only the issues at hand and avoiding language that may be viewed as emotional.

I agree the treatment of Kav and Barrett, along with the leak and protests, is taking a toll on that resolve though. If the left wants to continue to politicize everything that doesn't go their way, there's no sense or utility in maintaining neutrality, and they might as well be more direct and broad in their rulings and setting of precedent. It's not like giving them a **** you is going to set off protests or spur criticism of the Court that isn't already happening.
TxTarpon

Quote:

If they announce a decision on Roe tomorrow to reverse the ruling all hell is going to break loose online. LOL
Do it right before the July 4 weekend so fireworks will be easily obtained.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Dallasag517
AG
Cromagnum said:

i'm not sure the phrase "all hell is going to break loose" is going to be adequate to describe the reaction should the supremes reverse.
XXXVII
1872walker said:

Uh, phrasing? SCOTUS should remain at 9.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Psycho Bunny
I'm off work tomorrow, please make a ruling on Roe v Wade so I can troll twitter on my day off.
TxTarpon

Quote:

I'm off work tomorrow, please make a ruling on Roe v Wade so I can troll twitter on my day off.
Do it day drinking and live stream on Twitch!!

That would be epic!
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
petroleo y agua
Will the resident crybabies disappear or will they troll F16 into oblivion?

I'm hoping zhey engage and have their heads caved in, per usual, of course.
S540841
I thought guns made people safer?
petroleo y agua
Welcome, rook. The poster you are replying to engaged in "sarcasm." Sarcasm is defined to mean "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt."

In this case, showing contempt and mocking gun grabbers.

Guns make people safer from criminals…as a deterrent and to eliminate a threat.

Welcome to the board, but maybe post less.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.