So one of my co-workers is undergoing sex reassignment surgery

15,439 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAgs91
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Young guy, in his 20's. Mixed asian/american ethnicity.

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

So I have this to look forward to in a few weeks.
Marcus Brutus
Is he fully vaxxed and boostered?
Who?mikejones!
Forced speech
Tom Doniphon
HR at my joint would've went a bit differently...
wbt5845
AG
Marcus Brutus said:

Is he fully vaxxed and boostered?
I sure hope so - be crazy not to.
Rapier108
Just be polite to him, but avoid interactions as much as possible.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
EllisCoAg
AG
T&P

or is it

T&A
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

love is love.

congrats on office romance.
wbt5845
AG
Marcus Brutus
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

love is love.

Lol
OKCAg2002
AG
I'm not sure how you managed to get through that meeting without cracking at least a smile. A lesser man would have cracked under the pressure.
MaxPower
Whereabouts do you live?
wbt5845
AG
i think actually he is attracted to women, so I guess he'll be a lesbian? Maybe?

EDIT: She - damn I'm gonna get roasted for this.
cevans_40
AG
Rapier108 said:

Just completely ignore him at all costs
FIFY
Boo Weekley
He will now have a festering wound that he calls a vagina. One that he has to treat and care for meticulously lest it rot or close up on him. This is 100% irreversible so no turning back now. We will see if trading his genitals for a disgusting wound, partly fashioned out of scrotal skin, will finally make him happy like he is likely 100% betting on.

Treat him with respect and kindness. These people need it more than most.
wbt5845
AG
LOTTA people staring at the floor.
RebelE Infantry
AG

digital_ag
AG
Happy for all the mentally-ill out there who finally found a path to status in current year.
ProgN
wbt5845 said:

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

I'd be updating my resume because I'd be getting fired without even trying to.
Boo Weekley
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

love is love.

Dammit BMX

POTD for sure.
WHOOP!'91
AG
wbt5845 said:

That seems like a HIPAA violation.
Rapier108
cevans_40 said:

Rapier108 said:

FIFY
That's what I meant, but in the chance one cannot, just be polite.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
OKCAg2002
AG
Not sure I can post this, but this video is the first thing that came to mind.

Krautag81
He's having a vaginoplasty and doing the opposite operation would be an addadicktomy?
BenFiasco14
AG
Well at least now you know to avoid him and he can't be trusted with anything significant.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Sims
AG
cevans_40 said:

Rapier108 said:

FIFY
10 bucks says he would get fired for that as well.

The type of person that does this type of thing cannot just let other people leave them alone.
Hold on honey, there are people on the internet that are wrong.
ChemAg15
AG
If OP doesn't comply with Rule 1, do we notify HR?
93MarineHorn
Damn, talk about the elephant in the room when your co-worker comes back as a chick. If this new woman is a good person than just play along like no big deal. They've got to be going thru all kinds of weirdness and emotional struggles.

If this person is a drama queen pain in the rear, try to get an older photo from a work holiday party with him/her in it as a man and put it on your desk.
wbt5845
AG
Well, we all learned a lot about HIPAA not covering that much when the vaccine hoo-haa happened, didn't we?
Dr. Teeth
AG
So will your company lower his salary to 72% of what it is currently?
Guardian Angel
AG
Rapier108
Krautag81 said:

He's having a vaginoplasty and doing the opposite operation would be an addadicktomy?
That's what Rush called it, an "addadicktome" along with a "chopadickoffofme".
wbt5845
AG
Dr. Teeth said:

So will your company lower his salary to 72% of what it is currently?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Possibly one of the funniest skits ever made
HTownAg98
BenFiasco14 said:

Well at least now you know to avoid him and he can't be trusted with anything significant.
That's a good way to get your ass fired as well.

Just treat the person like you would anyone else. This is a job; you don't have to like everyone there or approve of their lifestyles. But you can expect everyone to do their job, and treat everyone with respect and common courtesy that you would like.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.