Black parents adopt White kids "here's how I want them to use their privilege"

6,231 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nortex97
SouthieRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This should enrage your on an instinctual level. This should not be allowed and everyone knows it. Your gut instincts aren't wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/im-black-mom-raising-white-174625372.html
Maroon Dawn
AG
These kids have the privilege of being raised in a household with two parents that wanted them. That's the single biggest privilege in America that ANY kids can have but we all have to pretend it either doesn't exist or is limited to just certain racial groups when that's clearly not true
HumbleAg04
AG
Enraged? Why?

Nothing was angering about the article. Good for them for adopting and raising some kids. 100% sure they are stark raving mad liberals but the article was benign and nothing about it was enraging or unnatural. I wish them the best. Parenting is the hardest and most rewarding thing humans can do.
ShaggySLC
HumbleAg04 said:

Enraged? Why?

Nothing was angering about the article. Good for them for adopting and raising some kids. 100% sure they are stark raving mad liberals but the article was benign and nothing about it was enraging or unnatural. I wish them the best. Parenting is the hardest and most rewarding thing humans can do.
Now imagine the colors were reversed.
AGinHI
AG
They're good people and good parents, the kind that a child would be blessed to have.
HumbleAg04
AG
ShaggySLC said:

HumbleAg04 said:

Enraged? Why?

So? Skin color isn't the most important or interesting thing about people. Can't complain about people being obsessed with it while obsessing about it.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The only thing about that article is he assumption they have some kind of privilege. Other than that, I don't see any kind of problem.

Seems OP's, "I'll post a, 'Gotcha!' with this sock and get those racists this time!" didn't work because surprise surprise he's just projecting .
hbtheduce
AG
Wait till their kids try to get into college without the victim points. Better hope they study up, us honkeys get penalized quite a bit now.
MouthBQ98
AG
This far and not one reference from "The Jerk"
BusterAg
AG
Zero big deal here, IMO.

It's kinda virtue signaling, but who really cares. Good parents are good parents.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
Ags4DaWin
How do you raise kids with love if you believe deep down they represent or are the offspring of an oppressive race/society?

Those kids are gonna be so ****ed up.
Layne Staley
AG
I deal with privilege all the time. I get to see purchase orders directed to non white and women owned businesses literally daily on sled and fed contracts.
redcrayon
AG
Quote:

We're obviously a Black family, with white-presenting kids.
No, you're black parents with white children. You're a mixed race family. White-presenting?? Not okay IMO.
ShaggySLC
HumbleAg04 said:

ShaggySLC said:

HumbleAg04 said:

Enraged? Why?

So? Skin color isn't the most important or interesting thing about people. Can't complain about people being obsessed with it while obsessing about it.
If the article was reversed there would be problems. Its not obsession to state the obvious.
e=mc2
AG
Good for them. My sister and BIL adopted a black infant 14 years ago. In all I have three black nieces and 3 Asian-American nieces. I also have Hispanics in my family. They are all surrounded by love!

Racist liberals who view everything through race are the ones with issues. No one in my family gives a damn about race.

Looks like the OP is racist as well.
redcrayon
AG
BTW, the parents have a youtube channel and the mom has said that black people have been way more harsh with them than any other race. Not sure why that was left out of the article.
LegalDrugPusher
Ags4DaWin said:

How do you raise kids with love if you believe deep down they represent or are the offspring of an oppressive race/society?

Those kids are gonna be so ****ed up.

Exactly! This was my take from the article. Great chance these parents and the extended family will look down on these kids as they grow into teenagers and eventually adults.
Bottlerocket
AG
Did you even read the article or just make a splashy title from the headline? They seem like great people. What's the problem?
CanyonAg77
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

The only thing about that article is he assumption they have some kind of privilege. Other than that, I don't see any kind of problem.

Agreed. The only eye-rolling comment was the one below

Quote:

My kids are being raised in Black culture. Their parents and grandparents are Black. Yet they'll move through life with white privilege. They'll never know the fear of being a Black person pulled over by police. My hope is that they will use their privilege to protect other Black people.

It's nonsense, but the rest of the article and the situation is no big deal. People wanted kids, couldn't have them, so they adopted and did embryo transfer. The only ones available were white. Big deal.
SouthieRex
Bottlerocket said:

Did you even read the article or just make a splashy title from the headline? They seem like great people. What's the problem?

So many in this thread are showing why our civilization is crumbling. "What's the problem?" Do you think your grandparents would have to think about the answer to that question??
Malibu
Yea, but Papa was also kinda racist. Just sayin.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
ShaggySLC said:

HumbleAg04 said:

ShaggySLC said:

HumbleAg04 said:

Enraged? Why?

If the article was reversed there would be problems. Its not obsession to state the obvious.

No. The opposite wouldn't even be newsworthy. It is even stated in this article that most mixed-race adoptive families are white parents adopting black kids. It's almost cliche'. No problem.
nortex97
AG
I must also have missed the outrageous/angering part.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
SouthieRex said:

Bottlerocket said:

So many in this thread are showing why our civilization is crumbling. "What's the problem?" Do you think your grandparents would have to think about the answer to that question??
You are either a troll, or an unapologetic racist.

People are people. Skin color is no more important or defining than hair color.

Good, kind, generous people adopting children is a good thing. Skin color is irrelevant.

To assert that "our civilization is crumbling" because of mixed race families is ignorant and racist.

There is much we can learn from considering what our grandparents would have done. Race relations, however, are probably not in the list of things we should emulate from many of our grandparents.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
SouthieRex said:

This should enrage your on an instinctual level. This should not be allowed and everyone knows it. Your gut instincts aren't wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/im-black-mom-raising-white-174625372.html

Username checks out in a definitely not surprising racist way.
setsmachine
AG
Quote:

My wife and I adopted our youngest three through the foster care system. Two of ours look Hispanic though we know nothing of their actual ethnicity. Is civilization collapsing because of us too, or is it just when black people adopt white kids?
Phatbob
AG
I'm sure that we wouldn't agree on some things, but they sound like they are closer to my values than some "conservatives" I know. Those are some lucky kids
LOYAL AG
AG
ShaggySLC said:

HumbleAg04 said:

Enraged? Why?

You mean like this?

Daddy
AG
Be outraged about abortion

Adoption has many faults but it's wonderful to be loved. I speak having 2 adopted kids.

The babies will love and those parents will love them. Yeah, I'm sure they are liberal. So are many parents
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Come at me OP:

BMX Bandit
What exactly should not be allowed? Black people adopting white babies? Or any race adopting a different race?
scd88
AG
Happy for all involved. The privilege comments are unnecessary, but whatever.
Jeeper79
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Come at me OP:

Love it. My younger daughter is adopted - Mexican/Central American. I thank God she doesn't have my ADHD genes like our older blonde haired blue eyed daughter has.
TxTarpon

Quote:

Like this guy?
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
TxTarpon
Dude!!!
Too mas estrogen!!!
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.