Dramatic cuts expected at CNN+

7,941 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Counterpoint
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

This has to be Trump's fault.
Yep
He lost the election.
CNN and PMSNBC do not know what to do.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Malibu
They have shareholders. Regardless of what your thoughts are on liberal propaganda it is a product and there is profit to be made in the marketplace with this product to return value to the shareholders. There are smart people who work there that can read data and crunch numbers and come to sensible conclusions about potential profitability. My guess is the Vladimir Putin effect where nobody wants to tell the top boss that their pet project sucks in and is doomed to fail.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Two weeks to flatten the curve
American Hardwood
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such
I'd say they ARE getting treated as such based on their paid subscribers.
captkirk
AG
Malibu2 said:

They have shareholders. Regardless of what your thoughts are on liberal propaganda it is a product and there is profit to be made in the marketplace with this product to return value to the shareholders. There are smart people who work there that can read data and crunch numbers and come to sensible conclusions about potential profitability. My guess is the Vladimir Putin effect where nobody wants to tell the top boss that their pet project sucks in and is doomed to fail.
Apparently they didn't even look at their own ratings. No one watches free CNN
No Longer Subsribed
Malibu2 said:

Of course they do. My point is they dramatically overestimated their market because they are not diverse. There are indeed many others who gained wealth through the sale of what I define as propaganda.
Trajan88
AG
CNN-

That's a minus. :-)
Not a Bot
AG
Malibu2 said:

You are correct. McKinsey got paid.

https://www.axios.com/cnn-plus-cuts-warner-brothers-discovery-1be0ac3a-6952-4af0-b8e2-03dd6ae0839c.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=economy-business-cnnplus

Details: CNN executives, with help from consulting firm McKinsey, originally expected to bring in around 2 million subscribers in the U.S. in the service's first year and 15-18 million after four years.

They originally planned for the service to break even after four years.

I knew it was bad, but not this bad. This means they sunk hundreds of millions of dollars into this!

Not a Bot
AG
Breaking Points had some fun with this.

Squadron7
AG
Just to see if their ratings can actually go lower they should have Brian Stelter do his show shirtless.

And for that mental picture.....you're welcome!
SlackerAg
AG
CNN- doesn't need so many workers to lie.
infinity ag
No one is going to pay for online content that they can get from other sites. If CNN wants to charge me, I go to another site. There are 100s and 1000s out there. Monetize with ads, that is about it. No one wil pay for "plus" services.
Tex100
AG
milner79 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

what kind of idiot pays a monthly subscription for more CNN?
CNN's market analysis showed there were 81 million* potential subscribers out there ...
Bravo.
infinity ag
Malibu2 said:

https://www.axios.com/cnn-plus-cuts-warner-brothers-discovery-1be0ac3a-6952-4af0-b8e2-03dd6ae0839c.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=economy-business-cnnplus

Details: CNN executives, with help from consulting firm McKinsey, originally expected to bring in around 2 million subscribers in the U.S. in the service's first year and 15-18 million after four years.

McKinsey, Booz, Bain etc are the biggest scam in the history of the world. Imagine a 25-year-old with a Harvard MBA telling Bill Gates or Steve Jobs how to run their business.
BuddysBud
AG
infinity ag said:

Malibu2 said:

McKinsey, Booz, Bain etc are the biggest scam in the history of the world. Imagine a 25-year-old with a Harvard MBA telling Bill Gates or Steve Jobs how to run their business.

I think this is a bad example. Didn't a 25 year old Bill Gates get rich by telling IBM how to run their business
torrid
AG
AggieZUUL said:

The only good thing to come out of CNN is Rudi Bakhtiar:

Don't forget Robin Meade.

captkirk
AG

Quote:

Fewer than 10,000 people are using CNN+ on a daily basis two weeks into its existence, according to people familiar with the matter.

The people spoke with CNBC on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss nonpublic data.
AggieZUUL
AG
yes until she smoked herself into a man.

fixer
Everywhere it seems the great leftist experiment is failing in spectacular fashion.
MelvinUdall
Malibu2 said:

Yeah, I agree there are some smart people that work for CNN, I just don't know how you look at their current numbers for just TV and think that it was a good idea…also, there had to be some that thought hiring Chris Wallace MIGHT bring some right leaning people over…alas, at least at this point, it has not.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Takes this movie title to a whole new level
No Longer Subsribed
Charlie Cook at NRO having fun with CNN:

Quote:

Once upon a time, CNN was a trailblazing news network. Now, it sits somewhere between being an MSNBC wannabe that can't fully commit to the part, and being a Dadaesque form of digital airport wallpaper. The idea that CNN+ not even real CNN, but the second-string CNN+ was going to garner fifteen million subscribers at any point in history was just delusional. NFL Sunday Ticket only has two million subscribers. MLB.tv has three million. In primetime, CNN gets fewer than a million viewers. Surely, surely, the network couldn't truly have believed that there are that many people in America who want to pay to watch Don Lemon pretend to cry?
captkirk
AG
MelvinUdall said:

Malibu2 said:

Yeah, I agree there are some smart people that work for CNN, I just don't know how you look at their current numbers for just TV and think that it was a good idea…also, there had to be some that thought hiring Chris Wallace MIGHT bring some right leaning people over…alas, at least at this point, it has not.
They had higher ratings when Trump was POTUS, as TDS sufferers were tuning in for their 24/7 Trump bashing fix. I'm sure this plan was hatched then. In some small way, Trump's defeat might contribute to what may kill CNN. They dumped a ton of money into this train wreck.
Squadron7
AG
captkirk said:

MelvinUdall said:

Malibu2 said:

They had higher ratings when Trump was POTUS, as TDS sufferers were tuning in for their 24/7 Trump bashing fix. I'm sure this plan was hatched then. In some small way, Trump's defeat might contribute to what may kill CNN. They dumped a ton of money into this train wreck.

It failed so quickly it may actually save them some money.
aggiedata
AG
I can see that

captkirk
AG
aggiedata said:

I can see that

deddog
AG
aggiedata said:

I can see that

BenFiasco14
AG
aggiedata said:

I can see that

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
itsyourboypookie
milner79 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

what kind of idiot pays a monthly subscription for more CNN?
CNN's market analysis showed there were 81 million* potential subscribers out there ...

Dead people don't sub
aggiedata
AG
It's true.
Ulrich
BuddysBud said:

infinity ag said:

Malibu2 said:

I think this is a bad example. Didn't a 25 year old Bill Gates get rich by telling IBM how to run their business

Hire commodity 25 year olds who have never really worked but have cool academic credentials. Pay them stupid amounts of money. Airdrop them in for a few weeks to tell real businesspeople how to run a business. Get them out before they ever see the results of their super cool Business School Case Study Ideas. Rinse and repeat.

I don't think it's thinks it's a scam, but it looks to me like an industry with its head up its own a** that will never understand that it's making a bunch of millionaires while destroying value for its clients. They really think they are that valuable.
APHIS AG
Tex117 said:

justcallmeharry said:

This has to be Trump's fault.
It probably is.

Trump was awesome for ratings.
People needed their daily dose to keep their TDS satiated.

CNN+: Trump is still breathing.

TDS sufferers: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
bonfarr
AG
I have seen similar from Anderson Counsulting, I don't think our company adopted any of the things they recommended other than utilizing the labor model they crafted.
YouBet
AG
bonfarr said:

I have seen similar from Anderson Counsulting, I don't think our company adopted any of the things they recommended other than utilizing the labor model they crafted.

I've worked with all of the majors either directly or indirectly. Most of the time these guys are brought in to do the following:
- used as an "objective third party" when you have internal politics or conflict keeping you from a decision.
- market research you can't or won't do yourself.
- executive is scared to make a decision or simply doesn't know what to do next and wants cover.

The usual output from this is a deck that summarizes or distills information you already know into a pretty format.

Using these firms is like when my wife comes home excited about some epiphany or learned something amazing and after telling me about it my response is, "Yep, been telling you that exact thing for months."

Sometimes they just need to hear that same thing from someone else's mouth to accept it.
infinity ag
BuddysBud said:

infinity ag said:

Malibu2 said:

How many Bill Gates type people exist? A handful.
How many McK, BCG, Booz people exist? Tons and tons.

That should tell you something.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.