I will never buy an electric powered vehicle.

420,876 Views | 6755 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by hph6203
coolerguy12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Manhattan said:

The person you replied to is too chicken**** to say it but they are right for pretty much all beta males and women.

FIFY

Those of us that actually move things around, drive outside our safe space, and don't mind getting our hands dirty have no use for electric vehicles.

I have yet to meet someone that drives a Tesla that isn't a beta male or a woman. You and teslag are confirming my bias.
aggiedata
AG
nortex97
AG
"Coal miners push tourists electric car to where it could charge up."

Quote:

TUCKER COUNTY, W.Va. (WBOY) On Friday, an electric vehicle broke down along Corridor H in Tucker County on its way to a weekend getaway in Davis. Luckily, a group of local coal miners were happy to help.

Tucker County's Senator Randy Smith documented the moment on Facebook. The car broke down right in front of the Mettiki Coal access road on US 48, which is several miles from Davis. "Someone called one of our foreman and told him a car was broke down in the middle of our haul road," said Smith's post.

Because the vehicle was plastic underneath, there was no way to tow it, so a group of miners decided to push it. "So here are 5 coal miners pushing a battery car to the coal mine to charge up." You could even see mounds of coal in the background while the vehicle was charging.

Smith said he was glad that the group of miners from his company was able to help out because they likely wouldn't have been able to get a tow truck in a place that remote.

Despite the recent controversy with coal power and the push toward alternatives that are more energy efficient like electric cars, the group was happy to help. "Shows even though they aren't crazy about electric cars they still have a good heart and treat people with respect and would help anyone in need."

Smith said that one of the group even dropped off a "Friend of Coal" license plate before he headed back home.
You'd have to have a heart of coal not to laugh. Have a blessed day, everyone!
Teslag
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Manhattan said:

The person you replied to is too chicken**** to say it but they are right for pretty much all beta males and women.

FIFY

Those of us that actually move things around, drive outside our safe space, and don't mind getting our hands dirty have no use for electric vehicles.

I have yet to meet someone that drives a Tesla that isn't a beta male or a woman. You and teslag are confirming my bias.

Ya if I only I could be a real man like all the bros driving jacked up F250's with their overly stitched jeans and Luke Bryan/Florida Georgia Line playlists
coolerguy12
AG
Spoken like a true beta.
BAP Enthusiast
Teslag said:

coolerguy12 said:

Manhattan said:

FIFY

Ya if I only I could be a real man like all the bros driving jacked up F250's with their overly stitched jeans and Luke Bryan/Florida Georgia Line playlists

They ain't wrong. I've never seen any man who I would call a "Chad" drive a Tesla. Most of the time it's a status symbol for leftists, or at least it was until Musk decided to go to the right politically.
Manhattan
And I don't know anyone with a 250/350 that lives in the city that does anything with it you couldn't do with an El Camino….
coolerguy12
AG
To be fair you probably don't know anyone that doesn't live in a city. That's your safe space.
YouBet
AG
My only commentary on this latest round of insulting is that the ratio of ***** vanity plates on Teslas vs any other type of car is completely unbalanced. Is there a requirement that Tesla drivers have to have vanity plates?
FJB24
Manhattan said:

And I don't know anyone with a 250/350 that lives in the city that does anything with it you couldn't do with an El Camino….
The last El Camino was made in MY 1987. How many 35+ year old daily truck drivers do you know in 'the city,' and of those, how many drive super/heavy duty pickups?

Why does it even matter to you; even Teslag has commented he doesn't care what others buy, so why do you have such a condescending attitude toward people who spend money on large pickups you don't want to buy yourself? I've seen a lot of super duty pickups parked all around the big new Tesla plant by Austin, fwiw.

How many BEV's do you anticipate reaching such an age, and is that a concern to you?
Teslag
AG
If only Tesla drivers could be like these alpha males

coolerguy12
AG
For the record I don't think you're a beta because you drive a Tesla. I think you're a beta because of your weird obsession to convince a bunch of internet strangers that you are right. Started with vaccines and now you have latched on to EVs. It just so happens that you also drive a Tesla.

Still have yet to meet a Tesla driver that isn't a beta or a female. I think Teslas are really cool and can make sense for certain applications, it's just my observation that only betas and females are drawn to them.
Picard
AG
YouBet said:

Is there a requirement that Tesla drivers have to have vanity plates?

Yes. A Mangina.

GAC06
AG
Seems like a beta would judge the manliness of strangers based on the car they drive
Teslag
AG
GAC06 said:

Seems like a beta would judge the manliness of strangers based on the car they drive

Maybe he likes sizing up other random men.
coolerguy12
AG
Literally said I don't think he is a beta because he drives a Tesla. And to his credit he did say that Teslas aren't for everyone. I'm just pointing out a trend I have noticed that people that drive Teslas also happen to be betas
GAC06
AG
You also called him a beta on this page. "Spoken like a true beta"

It might be tough to keep up when you're hauling heavy stuff around and re-enacting bad ass truck commercials like a super tough alpha though.
coolerguy12
AG
Still not seeing where I called him a beta for driving a Tesla….

My first comment was actually to Manhattan who said that teslas are practical for almost all people. That's just a stupid statement but doesn't surprise me from someone who probably thinks the grocery store orders their food on Amazon.

Teslag jumped in and just help confirm what I have previously observed about Tesla drivers.

The Venn diagram goes like this.

Small circle labeled Tesla with a really big circle labeled beta that covers 95% of the Tesla circle.

And I don't think everyone should drive a truck. I think people should drive the vehicle that suits them best. For me that's a 2007 pickup with 230,000 miles on it. For others it's a brand new Tesla. Not sure why that ruffles so many feathers to just point out observations I have made.
GAC06
AG
I'm not sure "ruffling feathers" is the best term for it. I find it amusing you assign so much value in manliness to the vehicle strangers drive. It fits the stereotype of the insecure dude in a huge truck well which is also amusing.
nortex97
AG
A lot of hurt feelings obviously, here.

Some people just don't like your car, or my car, or any given poster's car. I guess some people can't deal with that.
Maybe Next Year
AG
Manhattan said:

I believe you.

I also have a guess as to who you surround yourself with.
GAC06
AG
nortex97 said:

A lot of hurt feelings obviously, here.

Some people just don't like your car, or my car, or any given poster's car. I guess some people can't deal with that.

So they post mean things about the owners of the cars that trigger them. In case you haven't realized, that's you.

Edit: I'll blame the bourbon in my hand for confusing you with coolerguy and leave it up
nortex97
AG
LOL, I can handle it.
annie88
AG
I'd be so concerned that my car would just run out of electric charge out in the middle of a freaking nowhere.

No freaking way I ever get one of these things, and I even have AAA.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Teslag said:

Most EV owners hardly use superchargers. They are really only for 250 to 300 mile plus road trips
Yes I understand I watch the entire video. But it still goes into other things. Look if you want to have one of these that's great. I will never drive one of these things and this is not sustainable on any level for everybody in the country. Not in our lifetime or our grandchildren's grandchildren's lifetimes. 400- 500 years from now sure.

It'll be like the Jetsons.
Fight Fight Fight.
Teslag
AG
annie88 said:

I'd be so concerned that my car would just run out of electric charge out in the middle of a freaking nowhere.

Why would you be afraid of this? The car tells you how far you can go. It's constantly updating the live map with charging locations, adjusted range, and how many stalls are available in real time. Only morons run out of charge in a Tesla. The car is constantly thinking for you.
Rockdoc
AG
Salesman of the year!!!
Teslag
AG
Great post. Solid contribution. Totally not derailing at all.
TXAGGIE10
Teslag said:

annie88 said:

Why would you be afraid of this? The car tells you how far you can go. It's constantly updating the live map with charging locations, adjusted range, and how many stalls are available in real time. Only morons run out of charge in a Tesla. The car is constantly thinking for you.
https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

Map doesn't look promising out in west Texas. Sure would hate to get stuck in Big Bend or proximity low on charge.

Practical for some, not for others.
Prime0882
AG
annie88 said:

Teslag said:

Most EV owners hardly use superchargers. They are really only for 250 to 300 mile plus road trips
Yes I understand I watch the entire video. But it still goes into other things. Look if you want to have one of these that's great. I will never drive one of these things and this is not sustainable on any level for everybody in the country. Not in our lifetime or our grandchildren's grandchildren's lifetimes. 400- 500 years from now sure.

I'm sure someone in the 1940's thought the same of putting a man on the moon, but it happened within the next two decades.
nortex97
AG
Prime0882 said:

annie88 said:

Teslag said:

I'm sure someone in the 1940's thought the same of putting a man on the moon, but it happened within the next two decades.
No, in the 40's the Germans and others were already dreaming of manned launches to space.

But, that didn't require an exponential growth in the mining/processing of precious metals, nor defying the basic laws of physics/ignoring the electrical grid's situation to convince the populace to think 'yeah, let's go to the moon to solve this existential threat to the planet we have become.'
redcrayon
AG
texsn95 said:

Teslag said:

Except where I just said they aren't right for most people

Aren't you Salute the Marines? Why'd you change your name?

Wouldn't you??
TXAG 05
AG
For what a Tesla costs, you think they could at least make them look good. They are just not attractive looking cars.
annie88
AG
TXAG 05 said:

For what a Tesla costs, you think they could at least make them look good. They are just not attractive looking cars.

You're gonna get it now! TeslAg wolf call.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
TXAGGIE10 said:

Teslag said:

annie88 said:

https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

Map doesn't look promising out in west Texas. Sure would hate to get stuck in Big Bend or proximity low on charge.

Practical for some, not for others.

My point exactly.

Plus some things don't always work the way they're supposed to, especially those with electricity.
Fight Fight Fight.
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.