I will never buy an electric powered vehicle.

421,201 Views | 6755 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by hph6203
IslanderAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GAC06 said:

What's the purpose of an EV?

To out do a prius for practicality. Bc right now a prius makes more sense then drooping 50k on the base model y. Trying to label a 5k pound car as a performance car is plain ******ed. That's approaching the weight of a damn Raptor.
aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

Virtue signaling while contributing to world pollution, I guess. I don't know anymore because the people screaming the loudest about the necessity of everyone driving an EV have private jets that they fly on nearly every damn day of the year and limos otherwise.
IslanderAg04
aggiehawg said:

GAC06 said:

Virtue signaling while contributing to world pollution, I guess. I don't know anymore because the people screaming the loudest about the necessity of everyone driving an EV have private jets that they fly on nearly every damn day of the year and limos otherwise.

Then there's that.
GAC06
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

GAC06 said:

To out do a prius for practicality. Bc right now a prius makes more sense then drooping 50k on the base model y. Trying to label a 5k pound car as a performance car is plain ******ed. That's approaching the weight of a damn Raptor.

A model S is about practicality? You're all twisted up.
GAC06
AG
aggiehawg said:

GAC06 said:

I thought the purpose was to get people from place to place. Let's not do this again though because you got dismantled on this thread already.
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

Finally, there's a sense that there's a government push to force them on everyone while banning ICE vehicles.
Only a "sense"? As I understand it, government is mandating only EVs to be manufactured after 2030, while paying significant subsidies to their manufacturers. That's considerably more than just a sense…it's an 800 pound gorilla! Most people don't object to the option, but we resent being compelled to submit, while being forced to support it financially. It's really not that complicated, on its face.
UTExan
Teslag said:

Small efficient diesels make the most sense for courier vehicles in my opinion. EV's make the most sense as commuter vehicles in a two vehicle household where the other vehicle is internal combustion.

Actually, they don't In mountainous areas. Mountain valleys develop weather inversions which trap suspended particles of hydrocarbons from Diesel engines. Should be a slam dunk for the Tesla, right?
But no, the power plants to charge your Tesla burn coal and natural gas, so that's more effluent into the atmosphere. The hybrid advantage is that you can make much of your drive in electrical mode at low, start and stop city driving speeds and the ICE kicks in when driving above 20 mph.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
IslanderAg04
GAC06 said:

IslanderAg04 said:

GAC06 said:

A model S is about practicality? You're all twisted up.

Now you're just trolling.
GAC06
AG
This is what you said 30 minutes ago:

" I have no interest in what the Plaid is. Completely defeats the purpose of an EV."

aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

aggiehawg said:

GAC06 said:

I thought the purpose was to get people from place to place. Let's not do this again though because you got dismantled on this thread already.
LOL. You think I was dismantled on this thread?

Unless yo have the secrets to an ancient Babylonian perpetual battery that can be recycled safely, doesn't require massive mining operations for the materials?

There is the reality of thermodynamics and then there are misguided greenies. Who run ships, to interdict other ships because of pollution. Or maybe overfishing, over maybe for no reason at all.

Sure I'm Ol' Dame raised by a Dad who could work on engines and motors, cathode ray tv sets, HVACs and whatever else you got.

Few people can say that today. Even fewer can work on EVs.
GAC06
AG
Yes.

You asked for information and when you didn't like it you changed your argument. Then you went to ad hominems despite already depending on fallacies.
aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

Yes.

You asked for information and when you didn't like it you changed your argument. Then you went to ad hominems despite already depending on fallacies.
You want an ad hominem?

How about rational people who weigh the costs and benefits of capital investments such as car purchases need to know the maintenance costs long term.

Or do you just lease everything?
GAC06
AG
Ad hominem is a crutch for someone who can't make an argument. No, I don't want it. I have no use for it, but some rely upon it heavily.
Manhattan
Teslag said:

I cancelled my C8 LT2 for an S Plaid. Different sides of coin I suppose.

You still qualify for the EV rebate and are buying a $136,000 car? That's a bold financial move.
aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

Ad hominem is a crutch for someone who can't make an argument. No, I don't want it. I have no use for it, but some rely upon it heavily.
Answer the question. Do you lease cars, furniture, house? Anything?
IslanderAg04
GAC06 said:

" I have no interest in what the Plaid is. Completely defeats the purpose of an EV."

My argument was an EV needs to be practical. Then your response is "a model S plaid is practical?. Hence, i have no interest in what the plaid is and it makes no sense in supporting what an EV is used for. Vast majority of Teslas sold are 3's and Y's. Which still dont beat the practicality of a Prius.
Manhattan
A Prius has to go to a gas station, that's not ever practicals when you can just charge your car at home.

And it's slow af.
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

Teslag said:

You still qualify for the EV rebate and are buying a $136,000 car? That's a bold financial move.

You're off by about 25k jr.

I also have a paid off F150 so it's a garage queen.
GAC06
AG
aggiehawg said:

GAC06 said:

Answer the question. Do you lease cars, furniture, house? Anything?

Answer the irrelevant question? I hope you're drunk because this isn't a good look for you.

Out of pity, no I'm not leasing anything.
GAC06
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

GAC06 said:

My argument was an EV needs to be practical. Then your response is "a model S plaid is practical?. Hence, i have no interest in what the plaid is and it makes no sense in supporting what an EV is used for. Vast majority of Teslas sold are 3's and Y's. Which still dont beat the practicality of a Prius.

Your opinion is that an EV needs to be practical. You'd need to support it with something for it to be an argument. I could claim that an ICE vehicle "needs" to be practical but then why would someone buy a corvette?
Manhattan
IslanderAg04 said:

Manhattan said:

Teslag said:

That's how much a Plaid is…. Is Tesla Islander?
torrid
AG
I can't believe for a minute that someone would debate between buying a Corvette and a Tesla. They appeal to completely different people.

I personally would never buy a C8 as you can't get it with a manual transmission. Which is a bit of a lie because I could never afford a C8 period. Buy even if I could, the lack of a manual transmission would be a deal killer.
GAC06
AG
You said an S plaid "defeats the purpose of an EV". Except you are claiming to know the purpose. To you a $100k performance luxury sedan is about "practicality".
aggiehawg
AG
torrid said:

I can't believe for a minute that someone would debate between buying a Corvette and a Tesla. They appeal to completely different people.

I personally would never buy a C8 as you can't get it with a manual transmission. Which is a bit of a lie because I could never afford a C8 period. Buy even if I could, the lack of a manual transmission would be a deal killer.
Have to admit as a gal that appreciated speed and acceleration, dropping that puppy into a lower gear and getting that torque going was a lot of fun.

!982 Volvo Turbo. Nitrous without the nitrous. Although my older brother had this truck (small one) that had a nitrous system and he was eager to show me what it could do. He was the gearhead guy after Dad died and I trusted him completely but he scared the crap out of me that time.

Riding on the back of a Kawasaki 500 at 90? Np problem. Riding in his 1970 GTO at 120? No problem.

Riding in his Porsche on Katy Freeway at 120? No problem.

Add nitrous into the mix in a tiny lightweight truck? White knuckles and right foot nearly stomping a hole in the floorboard. Problem!!
IslanderAg04
GAC06 said:

IslanderAg04 said:

GAC06 said:

Your opinion is that an EV needs to be practical. You'd need to support it with something for it to be an argument. I could claim that an ICE vehicle "needs" to be practical but then why would someone buy a corvette?

And I said it would have to defeat the practicality of a Prius.

When did i ever say a corvette is practical?
GAC06
AG
Why would a $100k car need to defeat the practicality of an economy car? Because you think it should? Because EV=bad?
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Manhattan said:

Teslag said:

That's how much a Plaid is…. Is Tesla Islander?

Sigh, sure, you got me all figured out. Been on this board for over 10 years.
IslanderAg04
GAC06 said:

Why would a $100k car need to defeat the practicality of an economy car? Because you think it should? Because EV=bad?

Troll away dude. Now you're just poking at *****
GAC06
AG
Asking you to explain your illogical statements isn't trolling.
IslanderAg04
GAC06 said:

Asking you to explain your illogical statements isn't trolling.

My statement……………………….you.
GAC06
AG
If you'd like to be excused, you may. But otherwise I'm interested in how a model S defeats your personal definition of the purpose of a luxury EV
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Hybrid
Teslag
AG
Manhattan said:

Teslag said:

The credit is good for joint filers up to $300k a year. I also pay no property tax and have about $4k a month in guaranteed non taxable income on top of that.
IslanderAg04
GAC06 said:

If you'd like to be excused, you may. But otherwise I'm interested in how a model S defeats your personal definition of the purpose of a luxury EV

Excused because you cant understand a simple statement?

Maybe start off by not responding like a caddy ******.
Teslag
AG
aggiehawg said:

torrid said:

Have to admit as a gal that appreciated speed and acceleration, dropping that puppy into a lower gear and getting that torque going was a lot of fun.

Odd that someone would post this and be so anti-EV. But then again maybe a 1.99 second 0-60 is a bit much for you.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.