F16 Crash today in Louisiana

5,699 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by metrag06
falcon09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

My roommate trained F16 at Eglin early 2000s, however.
I'm fairly sure there are a lot fewer F-16 bases now than in 2000. I believe Eglin has the newer planes. Eglin does a lot of research, so they get the cutting edge stuff.
The F-22s are a little further down the coast at Tyndall.

Eglin has F-35s and the 96th Test Wing. The 96 TW does a lot of weapons testing on different aircraft, so there's constantly different kinds of aircraft flowing through there.
CanyonAg77
AG
Thanks, I remember being at the Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin and seeing both F-35s and F-22s fly over when we were there in about 2015. As you said, if there were -22s, they could be from other bases.

But I've slept since then, so I might not recall correctly.
JSKolache
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

leachfan said:

TheCurl84 said:

About an hour before the time of the crash, I heard a fighter jet fly right over my house, very low to the ground, in suburban Fort Worth. I never have fighter jets fly over my house.

When I was in Ft Worth, it would be odd not to hear a fighter jet.
Maybe because there's a fighter jet base FACTORY in Ft Worth?
Fixed...
CanyonAg77
AG
JSKolache said:

TheCougarHunter said:

leachfan said:

TheCurl84 said:

About an hour before the time of the crash, I heard a fighter jet fly right over my house, very low to the ground, in suburban Fort Worth. I never have fighter jets fly over my house.

Fixed...

F-16s and F-18s both fly out of the joint base in FW

And the factory is there… but are they building anything?
IndividualFreedom
Our office is close to Ellington Field and there are jets buzzing by all the time. I'm hardly ever in the office, so I can't comment on an increase in flight, but it is an everyday thing.
Ag with kids
AG
JB!98 said:

I saw a two ship of F-16's today flying a loose trail north of Pleasanton today followed by a C-5 and a C-17 a while later. Obviously, WWIII is imminent.
We were down just south of Pleasanton yesterday doing some flying and saw a couple F-16s. Interesting.
Ag with kids
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

JSKolache said:

TheCougarHunter said:

leachfan said:

TheCurl84 said:

Fixed...

F-16s and F-18s both fly out of the joint base in FW

And the factory is there… but are they building anything?
F-35s

They were making lots of F-16s when I worked there.

I remember my first few weeks there. I couldn't understand how anyone could work there with the noise of the jets taking off all day. But, after a few weeks, my brain had built an F-16/F-18 sound filter and I rarely even noticed them anymore.
JB!98
AG
Ag with kids said:

JB!98 said:

I saw a two ship of F-16's today flying a loose trail north of Pleasanton today followed by a C-5 and a C-17 a while later. Obviously, WWIII is imminent.
We were down just south of Pleasanton yesterday doing some flying and saw a couple F-16s. Interesting.
I think there is still an active bombing range (practice bombs) down in McMullen County. At least there used to be.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
MGS
JB!98 said:

Ag with kids said:

JB!98 said:

I think there is still an active bombing range (practice bombs) down in McMullen County. At least there used to be.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/mcmullen.htm
Ag with kids
AG
MGS said:

JB!98 said:

Ag with kids said:

JB!98 said:

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/mcmullen.htm
That was south of us and the planes were north...probably just getting some stick time.
TheCurl84
AG
Another fighter jet just flew over my house in Colleyville. Didn't seem as low this time.

agchino
AG
Same, I didn't see it, but my kids said there were two of them and they were pretty high up. This is roughly the same time they flew over on Tuesday.
12thMan9
AG
The jet that crashed flew out of Ellington in Houston.
Ronnie '88
metrag06
AG
Heard them also but didn't get outside nearly fast enough to see them.

Saw elsewhere that it was a flyover for the Medal of Honor museum groundbreaking in Arlington.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.