Pixar's 'Lightyear' Same-Sex Kiss Restored

11,187 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag-Yoakum95
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't even care about the kiss. That is so far normalized at this point it doesn't even matter. That battle was lost long ago.

The real issue here is the blatant lying about this bill and how no sane person gay or not gay should be against it. There is zero reason for kids that young needing to learn about this stuff. We at least didn't get the sex ed videos until 5th grade when I was growing up. We were at least on the verge of puberty.
BlueAg2003
AG
No disagreement there. I don't have an issue with the bill.
BigRobSA
BlueAg2003 said:

No disagreement there. I don't have an issue with the bill.

Homophobe!!!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Ag-Yoakum95
AG
TXAGFAN said:

Ag-Yoakum95 said:

TXAGFAN said:

Kvetch said:

BlueAg2003 said:

Yeah I'm not getting the logic either. I know I'm a woman, and enjoy that fact about myself. Not a man. The woman I'm with is a woman confident in her womanhood, which I enjoy about her too. Very different and not sexually or romantically interchangeable with a man because I want nothing to do with being with a man. Pretty starkly different.

I'm not saying that you don't understand the physical differences between men and women, and it has nothing to do with your personal preferences. I'm simply pointing out that the ideology that undergirds same-sex couples in the first place is one that denies meaningful sexual difference. If there is no difference between a couple and a same-sex couple, that means that men and women are effectively the same when it comes to their sexual roles. If X + X = Z, Y + Y = Z, and X + Y = Z, then X = Y. Now extrapolate that to human relationships. It's a central tenant to any kind of philosophy that supports gay marriage because any recognition that sexual difference matters completely destroys the concept of same-sex couples.

I'm answering the question as to why it is bad to show this to children. It is bad because it promotes an ideology about sexual difference that is neither true nor productive. We shouldn't teach our children things that aren't true.

Accepting this ideology as reasonable just becomes more and more incoherent when you proceed to its logical conclusions. It's how the LGBT agenda has dovetailed into so many radical areas.
LGBT people exist whether you think they should or not and representation matters. Am I a proponent of sexualizing kids? Of course not, but kisses exist in Disney movies and if we get one who cares. Your sexualize argument falls apart because there are countless M/F kisses in childrens movies.

Most parents with a brain care when the kiss is a romantic kiss involving the same sex. That is representative of a choice lifestyle that is perverted. I definitely don't want that for my kids regardless of how little it may play in the movie. This is just the beginning. If you don't believe that, you live on some other planet.
Most? If most parents weren't letting their kids watch this movie this wouldn't be happening. You're in the minority.

The LBGTQ community, the ones throwing a fit that this was going to be cut from the movie, are the minority the last I checked and are somehow winning in this country and getting crap like this put in kid movies, tv shows, etc. by some of the largest corporations around. Why these corporations bow down to these clowns is beyond comprehension. I hope this movie flops. THe LBGTQ people should be pushing Disney and Pixar to leave the movie untouched when releasing in communist China. We all know that won't happen because they are a bunch of pansies when groups actually stand up toe to toe to them and destroy their perverted lifestyle choice.
BlueAg2003
AG
I didn't even know this was a thing! I have never heard of this movie, let alone that there was a gay character (until it was posted here). Most gay people probably didn't. So don't act like we were all clamoring for this to happen.

Y'all keep up with way more gay news than I could ever imagine.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Thrax said:

So what's the problem?

Marketing this towards kids is all about setting a narrative.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Ernest Tucker
AG
TXAGFAN said:

coconutED said:

TXAGFAN said:

coconutED said:

And the scene (along with the entire relationship) will be removed from the Chinese version, because $$$.
Wonder why not in the US if there's so many of you?

No, just reinforcing that this little corner of outrage on the internet is a minority.

I guess it's the reason why Disney/Nike/Apple/etc obliges China and ignores that they have have prisons where a culture is being eliminated through rape… all because there are so few of us in America who think it's wrong.

I like you though. You kind of remind me of Alan Colmes. It gives this site the legitimacy of a differing liberal opinion, even if it is a weak one. At least we can have a back and forth and I thank you for that!
TXAGFAN
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

TXAGFAN said:

coconutED said:

TXAGFAN said:

coconutED said:

And the scene (along with the entire relationship) will be removed from the Chinese version, because $$$.
Wonder why not in the US if there's so many of you?

No, just reinforcing that this little corner of outrage on the internet is a minority.

I guess it's the reason why Disney/Nike/Apple/etc obliges China and ignores that they have have prisons where a culture is being eliminated through rape… all because there are so few of us in America who think it's wrong.

I like you though. You kind of remind me of Alan Colmes. It gives this site the legitimacy of a differing liberal opinion, even if it is a weak one. At least we can have a back and forth and I thank you for that!
What about China, what about Muslims, etc etc etc.

We're talking about the US and this little corner of the world where social conservatives think they're the majority.
Kvetch
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

Oh I live by a philosophy and it isn't the nihilistic "do whatever feels good". It is a very simple philosophy of "do no harm, treat others with respect, and leave this world better than you found it".

I can check all of those boxes being exactly who I am. We probably agree morally on every issue but that of being gay as right or wrong. And again, I'm ok with that. My relationship does no harm to anyone.

Fair enough. I'm not of the opinion that I'm going to change your mind on how you live, and you obviously have the freedom to do what you want in your private life. I think it's fair to point out that the philosophy you stated is very subjective, as is proven by this very thread. Your definition of "do no harm" and "leave the world better than you found it" is obviously VERY different from a lot of people's. There's really no way to universalize those ideas to a broader society because they don't really have any basic guiding tenets. Saying "be a good person" is impossible if there are no guidelines on how to be a good person.

Hopefully you can see that there is a rational disagreement to be had on the topic of sexual morality. It's not just a bunch of rednecks saying "because of muh religion" like some other posters around here will try to say. I think there is a strong argument against exposing our children to homosexual content, especially when there is a huge contingent of the population that has an issue with it.

Either way, I enjoy your opinions. Hopefully you find mine to be interesting and thought provoking too.
Kvetch
AG
Double post
aTmAg
AG
For many, homosexuality seems to be a coping mechanism for past mental trauma or abuse. So is anorexia, self harm, and drug/alcohol abuse.

Is Disney going to show people slicing up their own arms, doing lines of coke, and starving themselves to death too?
Boo Weekley
BlueAg2003 said:

Have you gotten mad at the other Disney films that feature kissing and asked why the people who put it in the film are obsessed with sex?

Sorry, but we will never see eye to eye on this. Two people of the same sex kissing is not at all the same as two heterosexual people kissing, which mirrors the dynamic in the vast vast majority of families for thousands of years. I get it, gay people are naturally going to equate the two things and it's impossible for you to even begin to understand why many straight families would naturally not want same sex romance and kissing inserted into kids movies. It's nothing personal…we are just really sick of gay sh** being shoved in our kids faces.
Malibu
I'm straight and IDGAF if my kids see two princes or princesses share a quick peck on the lips in a movie. Gay people exist, they have normal lives, they kiss the people they love on the lips like the rest of us do. Big whoop.

The idea that we have to hide gay people having gay relationships for the kids is bizarre to me. It's not a big deal.
BlueAg2003
AG
It's ok. Differences make the world go 'round. Hope you have a great Saturday night.
BlueAg2003
AG
Sad that you feel this way. Never been abused and sad that you see my life akin cutting my arm and doing lines of coke.
aTmAg
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

Sad that you feel this way. Never been abused and sad that you see my life akin cutting my arm and doing lines of coke.
Notice the "for many".
Malibu
aTmAg said:

BlueAg2003 said:

Notice the "for many".

How many? What %age of gay people, ballpark, are gay as a 'coping mechanism for mental trauma'?
BlueAg2003
AG
Fun when you get to just lay that claim out there and walk away. None of my friends have been abused. One girl I dated was, but far from "many". It's getting tiring around here.
Boo Weekley
Malibu2 said:

I'm straight and IDGAF if my kids see two princes or princesses share a quick peck on the lips in a movie. Gay people exist, they have normal lives, they kiss the people they love on the lips like the rest of us do. Big whoop.

The idea that we have to hide gay people having gay relationships for the kids is bizarre to me. It's not a big deal.

Trust me, most normal straight parents who haven't been conditioned by their liberal geographic bubbles find it weird and uncomfortable. You are in the vast minority. This is biological for the most part. For most men, we cringe inside if we see two men kissing or holding hands or doing Eskimo kisses. I literally can't help but be disgusted. But I would not be surprised if you have lived in such a hardcore liberal bubble for so long that it has conditioned you to think it is beautiful and natural to see two men making out.

Some of us just prefer for more traditional values and norms to be prevalent in entertainment etc. meant for children. Can we not wait until they're preteens before we start having gays make out in their shows/movies?
aTmAg
AG
Malibu2 said:

aTmAg said:

BlueAg2003 said:

Notice the "for many".

How many? What %age of gay people, ballpark, are gay because they're abused?
I'm not sure. It's probably career suicide for somebody to honestly study this recently or anytime soon. I suspect that studies of this nature would/will conveniently come to the conclusion that it's EXACTLY the same as the general population. Which of course, is complete nonsense.
aTmAg
AG
BlueAg2003 said:

Fun when you get to just lay that claim out there and walk away. None of my friends have been abused. One girl I dated was, but far from "many". It's getting tiring around here.
I have a family member who is anorexic and has been in and out of many treatment centers for almost 40 years. In those places, the rate of past trauma is almost 100% and the rate of homosexuality is about 60%.

That is no coincidence.
Malibu
Boo Weekley said:

Malibu2 said:

Trust me, most normal straight parents who haven't been conditioned by their liberal geographic bubbles find it weird and uncomfortable. You are in the vast minority. This is biological for the most part. For most men, we cringe inside if we see two men kissing or holding hands or doing Eskimo kisses. I literally can't help but be disgusted. But I would not be surprised if you have lived in such a hardcore liberal bubble for so long that it has conditioned you to think it is beautiful and natural to see two men making out.

There's some truth to some of this. Being around a lot of gay people at work and in networks in LA, that have normal jobs, are kind, are married monogamous, not wear assless chaps, has eliminated the "ick factor" of seeing gay people be gay. I'm going to a gay wedding next weekend of two close friends. Inversely proportional to the ick factor reduction is my patience for people who have issues with gay relationships.

I think that all PDA is gross and distasteful, so I don't excluded straights from my general disdain of making out in public, but don't care if they hold hands.
NicosMachine
AG
We need to stigmatize homosexuality, not promote it. We need more "gay jokes". Young boys need to be taught to laugh at the ridiculous idea that one guy sticking his ***** in another guy's anus is the same as a man and woman having sex.
hph6203
AG
So is it trauma that makes you catch the gays or is it watching gays do the gays?
Tanya 93
The reality is the door is shut on most gay people having to remain in the closet.

No one really wants to watch couples make out in public.

But a quick kiss, a hug, holding hands for gays or straights should not be a problem.

If a gay couple is flaunting sexuality by a quick kiss, then so is every straight couple.
NicosMachine
AG
Tanya 93 said:

The reality is the door is shut on most gay people having to remain in the closet.

But a quick kiss, a hug, holding hands for gays or straights should not be a problem.

If a gay couple is flaunting sexuality by a quick kiss, then so is every straight couple.
Homosexuality and homosexuality aren't the same. One is better than the other.
hph6203
AG
NicosMachine said:

Tanya 93 said:

Homosexuality and homosexuality are the exact same thing.
Tanya 93
hph6203 said:

NicosMachine said:

Tanya 93 said:

Thank you
NicosMachine
AG
hph6203 said:

NicosMachine said:

Tanya 93 said:

aTmAg
AG
hph6203 said:

So is it trauma that makes you catch the gays or is it watching gays do the gays?
I have no idea.

A bunch of cases I'm aware of are girls who are sexually abused by some male (father, uncle, rapist, etc.) and they grow wanting no part of men again. Milo was sexually abused when he was young. So obviously he went the other way. A bunch seem to be like that too.

It's well known that often sexual abusers were abused as kids. It never made sense to me that somebody would be abused, and would then grow up to inflict that abuse on others. However, I saw thread on reddit where a psychologist discussed cases (that people don't like to talk about) where child abuse victims "liked" it. I wonder if those are the people who are more likely to grow up and become abusers themselves. Because perhaps they don't view it as being "all that bad".

Another possibility I have considered it that the stuff I was hearing from all those patients was basically "victim competitions". It has been hip in liberal circles to be a victim. The more victimized you are the more sympathy you get. So maybe these patents were trying to out-victim each other and not all of it was true. One of the facilities did get their asses sued off when somebody's daughter came home talking about a repressed memories of satanic rituals and stuff. The parents knew that the story didn't line up at all with the timeline, where they lived, and all of that. After a buttload more therapy, the patient came to realize that none of that was true. That she was encouraged to brainstorm on her experiences and she was effectively and subconsciously making stuff that she thought she was "remembering". They sued and won.
Secolobo
AG
tk for tu juan
hph6203
AG
I see your incest and raise you beastiality.

C@LAg
hph6203 said:

I see your incest and raise you beastiality.

Gaw617
We are a corrupt people. Texagfan is at the top of the list

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.