AirBNB bans Michelle Malkin for speech at conference

14,561 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BAP Enthusiast
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

As someone mentioned earlier about internet companies being public utilities,
really anyone that claims that is nuts. things like AWS or the "backbone" of the internet I get the argument for. But facebook? airbnb? texags? the argument makes zero logical sense.
Phatbob
AG
Quote:

And as for privatization, the default position of the conservatives on this board seems to be that privatization and freedom are always better. Well here you have a private company exercising it's freedom and all of the regular characters are now flip flopping and *****ing about the dangers and horrors of it. Apparently freedom is great until it's someone else's and they're the one taking their ball and going home.

The pushback from the conservatives on this board has everything to do with pointing to the hypocrisy of the whole ideology. I think private companies should have the right to refuse anyone for any reason, no matter what it is, and let the market flush the whole thing out. This is just pointing out that they are pushing the same hate they claim to be against, just in a different flavor.
Squadron7
AG
4stringAg said:

Who determines for AirBNB what is a hate group and what isn't?

People like Stacey Abrams and Lois Lerner.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Phatbob said:

Quote:

And as for privatization, the default position of the conservatives on this board seems to be that privatization and freedom are always better. Well here you have a private company exercising it's freedom and all of the regular characters are now flip flopping and *****ing about the dangers and horrors of it. Apparently freedom is great until it's someone else's and they're the one taking their ball and going home.

The pushback from the conservatives on this board has everything to do with pointing to the hypocrisy of the whole ideology. I think private companies should have the right to refuse anyone for any reason, no matter what it is, and let the market flush the whole thing out. This is just pointing out that they are pushing the same hate they claim to be against, just in a different flavor.

The responses to, "If you don't like it so much, start your own company," would like a word.
Phatbob
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Phatbob said:

Quote:

The responses to, "If you don't like it so much, start your own company," would like a word.
Are those companies given special legal treatment? If so, then maybe there is a difference between the two.
richardag
pagerman @ work said:

Michelle Malkin was not prohibited from using AirBNB because she was conservative. She was banned because she associates with American Renaissance. American Renaissance is not a conservative organization. They are (to be generous) a race centric organization that focuses on "defending"/promoting whiteness. While there may be some overlap between their beliefs and some positions that are considered republican or conservative, that is in no way the focus of this organization.

There is nothing conservative about a focus on skin color, regardless of what that skin color is. Reducing the size and scope of the federal government promoting the rights and liberty of the individual over the collective (all individuals, regardless of the skin color of the individual) are conservative starting points. American Renaissance is only vaguely interested in things of this nature; their focus is on race. Focusing on race (regardless of the race in question) is repugnant.

Are they racist? Probably, at least to some degree. They're not the Klan, but I would think that they would find more common ground with them than they would differences. Basically they perform a similar function to what Sinn Fein did for the IRA: try to defend the indefensible.

That said, they are no more (or less) racist than BLM. Assuming that AirBNB is not shutting down the accounts of people affiliated with BLM, Malkin has a legitimate complaint.

But she was not booted for being a conservative.
Something doesn't add up. Michelle Malkin is a minority person of color paid to give a speech by a white supremacist organization?

You could be right but it doesn't make sense.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
ArbAg
AG
jickyjack1 said:

ArbAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

TxAgPreacher said:

TXAGFAN said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Oh because it doesn't apply to you, and it's happening to people you disagree with politically you don't care. You'll even help smear them as racist.

They will come for you when you step out of line, and don't tow the party line.

Btw Malkin is an Asian woman that holds pretty mainstream beliefs.
Ive posted about the cake couple before, gay people aren't subjected to systemic discrimination like people of color were in mid 20th century and can just go somewhere else. Money talks.

I don't have a single issue with Airbnb, a private business, blocking these people as a result and see no hypocrisy. Do you see any in the conservatives upset with Airbnb? I do.

I don't care what this person's race is, who they associate with is why they were barred by Airbnb.

They will lie and call anyone a racist or white supremacist and have your access to most everything pulled, even for a light affiliation.

Chinese style social credit score is here.

Even Joe Rogan is not exempt from political attacks.

You need to wake up.
If you behave badly there are consequences though. Don't see how that's any different than any other point in my life and it's not a political matter.

Good for Mr Rogan, he has **** you money and influence. Thankfully will be no gofundme's for him. He's no victim. Im sure his agreements with Spotify are in his favor as Spotify would have surely offloaded him if they could have gotten out of his immense contractual compensation.

"Behave badly" according to who? Some liberal administrator at some firm? There will be a backlash to this kind of (real) discrimination and companies will regret ever getting involved or pursuing this path against people that don't ascribe to the CNN / MSNBC narratives. The consumer campaign against this pathetic discrimination will be in their face sooner than they think!

Unfortunately, this is not true. These empty declarations have been going on for years -- "You'd better watch out", "Just wait, you'll be sorry", "Go woke, go broke", etc., etc., etc.. Just like the kid who got his ass whipped and after the guy who rang his bell is out of earshot, starts threatening about what he (the whipee) is fixing to do to get even. Of course, it never happens -- in either case. Invective is ineffective. 1) Keep your mouth shut 2) Do something.
That's simply not true. Conservatives are moving away from woke company products in droves --- recognize it or not, consumer driven decisons among conservatives is indeed impacting the bottom lines of many companies and that movement is gaining ground. Look no further than the firms who bought sponsorship at the Olympics, there was a backlash among American consumers. Failure to recognize this rapidly escalating movement is happening now, like it or not.
Tanya 93
[NONE OF THESE POSTS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD. Now you are banned and you are out of short bans for these derails. Any poster that references this post or edit will also be gone for at least a month. -Staff]
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Johnny04
I immediately disregard any argument that centers around "they're racists". Its a trump card thrown around so much that it has lost all meaning. What Jared Taylor says is no more radical than what BLM, black militias and many leftist congressmen say. But Malkin is singled out for merely associating. If that's the standard Barack Obama should be banned for associating with Jerimiah Wright.

Religion is a set of strongly held beliefs. If we shouldn't discriminate on religion (and cant due to protected status), how is banning someone for their belief/opinions any different?
MostlyHarmless
AG
Aggie4Life02 said:

Another company to cross off my list.
Same here. I don't want to stay at a place run by a hate group.
jickyjack1
ArbAg said:

jickyjack1 said:

ArbAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

TxAgPreacher said:

TXAGFAN said:

TxAgPreacher said:

Oh because it doesn't apply to you, and it's happening to people you disagree with politically you don't care. You'll even help smear them as racist.

Ive posted about the cake couple before, gay people aren't subjected to systemic discrimination like people of color were in mid 20th century and can just go somewhere else. Money talks.

I don't have a single issue with Airbnb, a private business, blocking these people as a result and see no hypocrisy. Do you see any in the conservatives upset with Airbnb? I do.

I don't care what this person's race is, who they associate with is why they were barred by Airbnb.

They will lie and call anyone a racist or white supremacist and have your access to most everything pulled, even for a light affiliation.

You need to wake up.
If you behave badly there are consequences though. Don't see how that's any different than any other point in my life and it's not a political matter.

Good for Mr Rogan, he has **** you money and influence. Thankfully will be no gofundme's for him. He's no victim. Im sure his agreements with Spotify are in his favor as Spotify would have surely offloaded him if they could have gotten out of his immense contractual compensation.

"Behave badly" according to who? Some liberal administrator at some firm? There will be a backlash to this kind of (real) discrimination and companies will regret ever getting involved or pursuing this path against people that don't ascribe to the CNN / MSNBC narratives. The consumer campaign against this pathetic discrimination will be in their face sooner than they think!

Unfortunately, this is not true. These empty declarations have been going on for years -- "You'd better watch out", "Just wait, you'll be sorry", "Go woke, go broke", etc., etc., etc.. Just like the kid who got his ass whipped and after the guy who rang his bell is out of earshot, starts threatening about what he (the whipee) is fixing to do to get even. Of course, it never happens -- in either case. Invective is ineffective. 1) Keep your mouth shut 2) Do something.
That's simply not true. Conservatives are moving away from woke company products in droves --- recognize it or not, consumer driven decisons among conservatives is indeed impacting the bottom lines of many companies and that movement is gaining ground. Look no further than the firms who bought sponsorship at the Olympics, there was a backlash among American consumers. Failure to recognize this rapidly escalating movement is happening now, like it or not.

Oh, I like it. I just hope it's true. But it needs to move the big boulders, not the little rocks. If there is any evidence of that having happened, I've missed it.

I do agree that "failure to recognize this rapidly expanding movement is happening now . . . ". I am one of the ones who continues to fail to recognize it. All I hear is the same old impotent rhetoric. Can't express how much I hope my senses are declining. Rather, however, I think a "failure to recognize" the obvious is, and has been for years now, a bedrock failure of conservatives.
jickyjack1
ttu_85
Andrew99 said:

Michelle Malkin, the Asian face of White Supremacy

Other prominent white supremacists include:

Larry Elder

Candace Owens

The Left blindly and irrationally labels their political opposition as white supremacists in order to dehumanize them so they can justify any level of mistreatment towards them.
In the old days. Pre-2014 these people were called proud Americans
Bridgewateraggies
Ban Airbnb then. Time to stop complaining and give it right back. It's the only way to stop it.
mazag08
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

He already called me a racist in this thread.(before it got deleted) Proving my point. He lies all the time about people being racist or bigoted. So does the media.
The most racist are always the ones most likely to throw out the race card.
mjschiller
AG
We are living in a communist country. All "10 Pillars" of the Communist Manifesto are in operation in our country.
Marvin J. Schiller
TxAgPreacher
S
How long before they come for truckers bank accounts here?

How long before you are banned from apps and have you bank account frozen?
Sully Dog
Andrew99 said:

Michelle Malkin, the Asian face of White Supremacy

Other prominent white supremacists include:

Larry Elder

Candace Owens

The Left blindly and irrationally labels their political opposition as white supremacists in order to dehumanize them so they can justify any level of mistreatment towards them.
https://instagr.am/p/CZ-N9JVPTdG
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Faustus
TxAgPreacher said:

TXAGFAN said:

TxAgPreacher said:

They will lie and call anyone a racist or white supremacist and will have your access to most everything pulled, even for a light affiliation.

You need to wake up.
I would have thought as a $200 million dollar talking head he'd have been exempt for sure.

Also that's crazy that even a light affiliation, amusingly specific, could have your access to most everything pulled. Obviously not salvation, but possibly some social media platforms and young upstart companies.

On the affiliation scale how much further than light does it have to go before they aren't lying? Also what's with telling people they need to be woke?
ag7g7ie
BAP Enthusiast
TxAgPreacher said:

Then they try to use the dirty trick of "holding you to your values."

Muh private company can discriminate against you because it's a private company they can do whatever they want. You don't want to prevent private companies from falsely discriminating against you do you? That makes you a hypocrite.

Private companies can do what they want except prohibit certain elements known for committing crimes from entering or following their own religious beliefs and not making good and services for sinful lives. Those are bad things and should not be allowed, but because I agree with this situation then it's good!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.