Family values Muslim Americans or American Liberals

8,965 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nortex97
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jayhawk said:

fka ftc said:

Jayhawk is a very confused person, so best to let them be. In one sentence they say Mormons are "wrong" to believe Jesus visited the Americas and that their bible is the only true and complete scripture. Then when challenged to take a public stand on it, say they are "not a crazy person" and are glad we have freedom of religion.
I think it is you who are confused. I said I am not a crazy person in response to you asking me if i pester people in parking lots and interrupt their church services - which would be crazy. It is clear you harbor hostility to the tenets of orthodox Christianity, I am simply doing my best to answer questions that were posed here, personal attacks are uncalled for.
C'mon. I say you are confused and its a personal attack. You call me confused, and hostile and that is not personal?

You are not simply answering questions, you are judging others from your keyboard and explicitly saying you are afraid to do so face to face. That's weak. May I suggest you add II Timothy 1:8-9 to your scripture readings.

Or you can start singing "This little light of mine..." if that is easier.
YouBet
AG
Guess I would take the Muslims in this scenario.
CanyonAg77
AG
History is bigotry?
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

History is bigotry?

No.

But assuming all Muslim Americans will become radicalized is.
zephyr88
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Which would conservatives be more welcoming to in their communities: Muslims who are 3rd generation and act and live in all ways as conservatives, they just pray to a different god, or liberals who go to a Christian/Catholic church?
Username does not fit
Get Off My Lawn
fka ftc said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Mohammad wanted to be a warlord so he cobbled together a religion to create his army. He pulled folks in by saying "your religion got some things right, but I've got the rest of the story for ya!" and then gave them zealous purpose. First - when he was attacking as a call to war, second - when he had territory as a call to peace. At all times, integrating the religion with the politics with his aspirations.

So no - they don't follow the same Abrahamic God. They follow the Joseph Smith of the ancient. Him cobbling together segments of familiar teachings to hoodwinked Zoroastrians, Jews, Pagans, & Christians doesn't mean he produced an accurate representation of God - he created a fiction that sound similar.

And due to the nature of their political + religious integration, they are only societally acceptable in small enough proportions that they are forced to integrate with non-muslims and are prevented from gaining power. The slippery slope is necessarily Sharia (along with the oppression of all infidels), so there is no potential for religious tolerance or coexistance once they achieve critical mass.
Its a good thing that no "holy wars" were ever fought by the Christian church. Let's leave all that to the Muslims...? You cannot be serious with such an assessment given the Crusades and many other conflicts started in the name of Christianity.

Comparing Mohammad to Joseph Smith is just plain lazy. You reading news articles from 1844 to come up with this?

The world population of Muslims is expected to meet or exceed the world population of Christians within the next 50 years.

Muslims, Christians and Jews worship the same God but in different (and many substantially different) ways. Has God spoken directly to you and let you know all about Mohammed's intentions and that he denounces them and that 1+ billion of todays world population is on a path to hell by being Muslim?

Your comments on Muslims would indicate you discriminate against certain folks based on their religious beliefs. What a shame.
...yes - it's damn clear. In scripture - numerous times and attributable to Jesus as well as explained by his apostles. Follow Jesus or go to Hell. It's a pretty fundamental tenant of being a Christian.
Sin separates from God - the sacrifice of Jesus paid that debt - those who don't submit to that construct will remain separated.

And sure - random internet nuisance - I do use discernment. Call me a bigot, or a discriminator, of whatever else you think will score atheist points - but I recognize differences between religions / belief structures and the societies they produce. They're fully on display for anyone who opens their eyes.

"buT tHe CrUsADeS!!!" A counter offensive to repel the pincer attack by jihadists during a brutal period of history that I had no part in? Yeah - it doesn't weigh ony conscience.
APHIS AG
No Spin Ag said:

Which would conservatives be more welcoming to in their communities: Muslims who are 3rd generation and act and live in all ways as conservatives, they just pray to a different god, or liberals who go to a Christian/Catholic church?
As long as they leave me alone to live my life as I see fit, I am accepting of anyone.

nortex97
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

History is bigotry?

No.

But assuming all Muslim Americans will become radicalized is.
Reading comprehension fail. Hope you pay more attention at work!
scAg89
Whirligigs
I choose neither.
WestAustinAg
AG
Both are dangerous to the world. But we should love them all.
fka ftc
Get Off My Lawn said:

fka ftc said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Mohammad wanted to be a warlord so he cobbled together a religion to create his army. He pulled folks in by saying "your religion got some things right, but I've got the rest of the story for ya!" and then gave them zealous purpose. First - when he was attacking as a call to war, second - when he had territory as a call to peace. At all times, integrating the religion with the politics with his aspirations.

So no - they don't follow the same Abrahamic God. They follow the Joseph Smith of the ancient. Him cobbling together segments of familiar teachings to hoodwinked Zoroastrians, Jews, Pagans, & Christians doesn't mean he produced an accurate representation of God - he created a fiction that sound similar.

And due to the nature of their political + religious integration, they are only societally acceptable in small enough proportions that they are forced to integrate with non-muslims and are prevented from gaining power. The slippery slope is necessarily Sharia (along with the oppression of all infidels), so there is no potential for religious tolerance or coexistance once they achieve critical mass.
Its a good thing that no "holy wars" were ever fought by the Christian church. Let's leave all that to the Muslims...? You cannot be serious with such an assessment given the Crusades and many other conflicts started in the name of Christianity.

Comparing Mohammad to Joseph Smith is just plain lazy. You reading news articles from 1844 to come up with this?

The world population of Muslims is expected to meet or exceed the world population of Christians within the next 50 years.

Muslims, Christians and Jews worship the same God but in different (and many substantially different) ways. Has God spoken directly to you and let you know all about Mohammed's intentions and that he denounces them and that 1+ billion of todays world population is on a path to hell by being Muslim?

Your comments on Muslims would indicate you discriminate against certain folks based on their religious beliefs. What a shame.
...yes - it's damn clear. In scripture - numerous times and attributable to Jesus as well as explained by his apostles. Follow Jesus or go to Hell. It's a pretty fundamental tenant of being a Christian.
Sin separates from God - the sacrifice of Jesus paid that debt - those who don't submit to that construct will remain separated.

And sure - random internet nuisance - I do use discernment. Call me a bigot, or a discriminator, of whatever else you think will score atheist points - but I recognize differences between religions / belief structures and the societies they produce. They're fully on display for anyone who opens their eyes.

"buT tHe CrUsADeS!!!" A counter offensive to repel the pincer attack by jihadists during a brutal period of history that I had no part in? Yeah - it doesn't weigh ony conscience.
Show me on your doll where I said Muslims were Christians. C'mon youth group captain, show me.

If I am Muslim or Jewish I CLEARLY am not a Christian. My heaven includes Muslims and Jews along with Christians. Feel sorry you don't believe that. Its also clear there is some definite hate for the Muslims. Who else do you hate simply because or the race, color or creed? Be honest. Unless you want to lie then ask for forgiveness in private.
Get Off My Lawn
Your "heaven" does not exist. None of the 3 Abrahamic religions believes in that version, either. And I have hate for evil - which includes Mohammad and the spreading of falsehoods. Cultural muslims who are simple peons of a world where non-conformity can be a death sentence? No hate for them. False teachers, jihadis, enforcers of Sharia, and apologists who attempt to deceive? I hate the evil they do.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

doubledog said:

FYI Muslims pray to the same God as Christians.

Muslims pray to the God of the trinity, three in one? That's news to me.

By this clarification, Jehova's witness pray to a different god.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Wow, this thread got going.

One part I can comment on is the Mormon Church.

Living in Saudi Arabia, living in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, working in IT, doing work for "The Church" in Salt Lake, doing work in Rochester, NY and running around SoCal with a divorced California Mormon Sales Rep, I can definitely say that the Mormon Church is very strong, they network like crazy and the Mormon Church is a well oiled Business.

They are really nice people towards non-members.

Thank God for freedom of religion in the USA.
TXAGFAN
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Living in Saudi Arabia, living in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, working in IT, doing work for "The Church" in Salt Lake, doing work in Rochester, NY and running around SoCal with a divorced California Mormon Sales Rep, I can definitely say that the Mormon Church is very strong, they network like crazy and the Mormon Church is a well oiled Business.

Their membership numbers in the US and Europe are plummeting.
Al Bula
AG
Flagged this thread. Wrong forum.
HollywoodBQ
AG
TXAGFAN said:

HollywoodBQ said:

They are very strong with foreign languages and investment in missions to the rest of the world.

And there's a lot more people in Africa and Asia than there are in Europe and North America. The Mormons understand the market opportunity very well.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Flagged this thread. Wrong forum.
Thank You for your Service.
JamesPShelley
I miss George Carlin.
TXAGFAN
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

TXAGFAN said:

HollywoodBQ said:

They are very strong with foreign languages and investment in missions to the rest of the world.

And there's a lot more people in Africa and Asia than there are in Europe and North America. The Mormons understand the market opportunity very well.
You know their history, they don't really care about those areas.
fka ftc
Get Off My Lawn said:

Your "heaven" does not exist. None of the 3 Abrahamic religions believes in that version, either. And I have hate for evil - which includes Mohammad and the spreading of falsehoods. Cultural muslims who are simple peons of a world where non-conformity can be a death sentence? No hate for them. False teachers, jihadis, enforcers of Sharia, and apologists who attempt to deceive? I hate the evil they do.
If I hear about hate crimes against Muslims I will think of you and your very Christian like "hate" for other people.

My heaven is just as real as yours. Go ahead and prove to me otherwise.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I'm an outsider looking in. In my view, Christianity, Islam and Judaism share a same origin as Abrahamic religions.

When I see countless denominations of Christianity, I consider them equal. I see some parallels in Judaism and Islam but differentiated by race, way they're practiced and region. Nonetheless, three different religions with same characters regardless of the differences in how they go about it.

What's important for me is that I respect the rights of others and their freedom of religion. And I acknowledge that their beliefs are true to them.

What I find amusing is the conviction of how their religion is the only true and right way to live and worship and everyone else is wrong.

Im not here to say one religion is right or wrong. Personally, I don't care as long as I'm left alone. I don't enjoy Christian lifestyle and worship. To live eternity in that life would be far from heaven in my view.
Boo Weekley
fka ftc said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

If I hear about hate crimes against Muslims I will think of you and your very Christian like "hate" for other people.

Rare hate crimes against Muslims pale in comparison to hate crimes around the world perpetrated by radical followers of the murdering rapist named Muhammad, who forced a SIX YEAR OLD into marriage to be his sex slave.

I often wonder how anyone could have any admiration whatsoever for this man. If Jesus was a terrorist who raped little girls, there's no way I could follow him.

That being said, the average Muslim is a way better person than the average white liberal. White liberals are the lowest form of human.
Tailgate88
AG
fka ftc said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Yeah, cuz Muslims never do that. Except the whole sawing off the heads of Kafirs thing.
No Spin Ag
JamesPShelley said:

I miss George Carlin.

You and me both. That man was a thinking man's comedian, and there'll be no one like him ever again.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Ags4DaWin
HollywoodBQ said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

doubledog said:

FYI Muslims pray to the same God as Christians.

Muslims pray to the God of the trinity, three in one? That's news to me.
Muslims do believe that Jesus was a great man and he does have a role in their version of the end times.

Muslims I've talked to believe that Muslims and Christians believe in the same God. In fact, their prayer call states that they believe in one God - Allah and Mohammed is his prophet. He is the one God for the whole world, not for only Muslims.

That's my rough anecdotal translation. I've lived through more than 10,000 prayer calls in Saudi Arabia.

Here's a formal translation from this web site:
https://www.learnreligions.com/what-do-the-words-of-the-adhan-mean-in-english-2003812

Arabic transliteration of the adhan is as follows:
Quote:

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah. Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah.
Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah. Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah.
Hayya 'ala-s-Salah. Hayya 'ala-s-Salah.
Hayya 'ala-l-Falah. Hayya 'ala-l-Falah.
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
La ilaha illa Allah.
The English translation of the adhan is:
Quote:

God is Great! God is Great! God is Great! God is Great!
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
Hurry to the prayer. Hurry to the prayer.
Hurry to salvation. Hurry to salvation.
God is Great! God is Great!
There is no god except the One God.
The prayer calls do differ across the Middle East. When I was in Cairo, the prayer call sounded quite a bit different than what I was used to at home in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.

Even this one from Riyadh sounds a lot different than the way they did it in my neighborhood. This one is much slower and much more subdued.

i am confused.

are christians and jews considered infidels who must be enslaved in a lower caste and forced to pay an unbeliever tax as the Quran demands or are christians and jews heretics who must be killed because of or polluting beliefs about the one true god?

Those are the only two options under the quran and both are the custom in muslim countries historically and in modern times.

nowhere have christians and jews been viewed as having similar and welcome beliefs by muslims at any time in their history and to pretend otherwise is historically inaccurate.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Are you sure?

Quran condemns sinful behavior just as much as Bible condemn nonbelievers who should be put to death.

Quran praises Jesus... And people of the book whom I think are Christians and Jews.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

i am confused.
Agreed.
Quote:

are christians and jews considered infidels who must be enslaved in a lower caste and forced to pay an unbeliever tax as the Quran demands or are christians and jews heretics who must be killed because of or polluting beliefs about the one true god?

Those are the only two options under the quran and both are the custom in muslim countries historically and in modern times.

nowhere have christians and jews been viewed as having similar and welcome beliefs by muslims at any time in their history and to pretend otherwise is historically inaccurate.
Yeah, I used to hate it when they would take the unbeliever tax out of my paper delivery route money j/k
fka ftc
Boo Weekley said:

fka ftc said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Rare hate crimes against Muslims pale in comparison to hate crimes around the world perpetrated by radical followers of the murdering rapist named Muhammad, who forced a SIX YEAR OLD into marriage to be his sex slave.

I often wonder how anyone could have any admiration whatsoever for this man. If Jesus was a terrorist who raped little girls, there's no way I could follow him.

That being said, the average Muslim is a way better person than the average white liberal. White liberals are the lowest form of human.
You understand religious texts can be altered, misrepresented, misinterpreted, mistranslated and a whole host of other issues that can affect the accuracy of the story, with that accuracy very fallible when chronological timing of events is involved.

I am not defending Mohammed, but there has to be some understanding the "facts" are not accurate. I also find it interesting that people believe, with no question and absolute faith that Mohammed married a 6yo then had intercourse when she was nine. Then in the same breath be adamant that the Quran got it all wrong and is nothing but a book of lies, deceit and jihad.

Nearly certain you did not attend Mohammed's wedding nor know his date and other details of his relations. To believe this story is to believe without question or reserve of all details within the Quran. That is what you are representing, right??
nortex97
AG
I've posted my thoughts and some history/links/perspective on the Koran and mohammed on this thread in the appropriate forum. No real need to debate Islamic apologists (who invariably don't know the history/Koran at all, let alone understand the threats of 'sudden jihadi syndrome') further here...

https://texags.com/forums/15/topics/3260946
AggieDruggist89
AG
So... Muslims aren't welcome in your neighborhood, right?

Good to know.

Any other religion, race, political affiliation you don't want near you?
TXAGFAN
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Good to know.

Hes no fan of the gays either. (don't believe I have him mixed up)
AggieDruggist89
AG
Just a reminder..

And I thought us conservative Republicans were the non-discriminating party.

Quote:

bigotry
/bitr/
Learn to pronounce
noun
obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
"the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry"
nortex97
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Good to know.

I appreciate that you were able to click the link and skim a few comments. Respectfully (weird, I know), muslims represent a unique/categorical threat to Americans/Texans today. I realize you won't click through anything I post and are dismissively insulting as to my 'bigotry' while standing on your perceived moral high ground, but it is not a solid rhetorical position.

You're welcome to post/quote anything I have stated or linked and reply as to what is incorrect regarding Christian beliefs about muslims/Koran/mohammed and the threat posed by expansionist islam today.

Let's try to stay away from ad hominem's and name calling, please, otherwise I'll just ignore it (I certainly don't care if you want to further level broad false accusations/name calling on a message board, it's just not worth my time to address/respond.)

Have a blessed day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.