Family values Muslim Americans or American Liberals

8,907 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nortex97
medwriter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sleepybeagle said:

No Spin Ag said:

Which would conservatives be more welcoming to in their communities: Muslims who are 3rd generation and act and live in all ways as conservatives, they just pray to a different god, or liberals who go to a Christian/Catholic church?
Conservatives generally are very welcoming to anyone as long as they are law-abiding, hard-working, support the community, and don't shove their views down everyone's throats.

Liberals on the other hand, as your question supports, wish to categorize people in groups and then set them against one another.
Well stated sleepy. Very well said.
one MEEN Ag
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Mmmm

Y'all do know the God worshipped in Islam, Judaism and Christianity is the same God right??? With Christianity and catholicism that are more perplexing to worship.

Islam and Judaism split occurred with Abraham's sons Issac and Ishmael.

This is surface level theology. If we examine the nature of God as described by Islam through Mohammed and the nature of God described in the Old Testament and New Testament, they are not the same and so they cannot be the same God.

Let's say you have a friend named John and someone you're talking to also has a friend named John. Y'all are trying to figure out if y'all know the same John. So what do you do? Start describing them. And quickly we find out that our friend John isn't the same John they know.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Not moral high grounds.

I don't feel threatened by Muslim Americans.

But you seem to be.

Labeling all Muslim Americans are prone to SJS is derogatory and bigoted.

And no I would never waste my time clicking on your links as Im not as proud of your writing and your opinion as you are.
Jayhawk
AggieDruggist claims not to be a Muslim yet will brook no criticism of Islam, deploying slurs of bigotry in the process, all while happy to criticize and undermine the tenets of Christianity. He also uses the standard Islamic proselytizing tactics of attempting to establish a commonality that is not really there, while doing so in a way that is an oblique negation of Christianity. Seems to me this is personal for him and he has a dog in the fight, which is why the discussion devolved into ad hominems so quickly.
cecil77
AG
Quote:

This is surface level theology. If we examine the nature of God as described by Islam through Mohammed and the nature of God described in the Old Testament and New Testament, they are not the same and so they cannot be the same God.

Abraham would disagree with you.

Quote:

Let's say you have a friend named John and someone you're talking to also has a friend named John. Y'all are trying to figure out if y'all know the same John. So what do you do? Start describing them. And quickly we find out that our friend John isn't the same John they know.
Specious. Clearly one of the friends has a different impression of John, does not at all follow that they are different humans. Knowing God is not like knowing a human being, at least not as applied to your analogy. A better analogy would be the elephant and the blind men. Flawed human beings all describing the same God will make it appear that there are different Gods, but there's just the one. You may certainly criticize their knowledge of God and their relationship to Him (just as they may criticize yours) - but to conclude they are different Gods is not only incorrect, but either posits the existence of more than one God or believing that billions of people pray to nothing. Neither of those is comfortable for a believing person.

Ag with kids
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Without doing a deep dive (there are many authoritative sources on the subject), I'll just quote a part from wiki that sums it up:
Quote:

In Christianity, the doctrine of the Trinity states that God is a single being who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a communion of three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In any event, such a concept of plurality within God is considered a denial of monotheism and foreign to the revelation found in Muslim scripture. Shirk, the act of ascribing partners to God whether they be sons, daughters, or other partners is considered to be a form of unbelief in Islam. The Quran repeatedly and firmly asserts God's absolute oneness, thus ruling out the possibility of another being sharing his sovereignty or nature.[1] In Islam, the Holy Spirit is believed to be the Angel Gabriel.[2] There has been little doubt that Muslims have explicitly rejected Christian doctrines of the Trinity from an early date.

Reject Christianity != Belief in a different God
Jayhawk
Ag with kids said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Without doing a deep dive (there are many authoritative sources on the subject), I'll just quote a part from wiki that sums it up:
Quote:

In Christianity, the doctrine of the Trinity states that God is a single being who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a communion of three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In any event, such a concept of plurality within God is considered a denial of monotheism and foreign to the revelation found in Muslim scripture. Shirk, the act of ascribing partners to God whether they be sons, daughters, or other partners is considered to be a form of unbelief in Islam. The Quran repeatedly and firmly asserts God's absolute oneness, thus ruling out the possibility of another being sharing his sovereignty or nature.[1] In Islam, the Holy Spirit is believed to be the Angel Gabriel.[2] There has been little doubt that Muslims have explicitly rejected Christian doctrines of the Trinity from an early date.

Reject Christianity != Belief in a different God
When Christ is worshiped as God, as He is in Christianity, then yes, it quite literally is a belief in a different God to reject the divinity of Christ.

Edit to Add: That does not mean we reject people who hold different beliefs. And it does not mean anyone should consider themselves better then anybody else, we are all equal in dignity as children of God. But moral relativism is doing us no favors as it fogs the mind and prevents us from making distinctions which do in fact exist.
samurai_science
Islam has a history of tolerance towards gays.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/isis-persecution-gay-men-murder-lgbt-muslim-society/

"Take them and throw them off," the judge ordered. Other masked extremists tied the men's hands behind their backs and blindfolded them. They led them to the roof of the four-story hotel.....

AggieDruggist89
AG
Jayhawk said:

AggieDruggist claims not to be a Muslim yet will brook no criticism of Islam, deploying slurs of bigotry in the process, all while happy to criticize and undermine the tenets of Christianity. He also uses the standard Islamic proselytizing tactics of attempting to establish a commonality that is not really there, while doing so in a way that is an oblique negation of Christianity. Seems to me this is personal for him and he has a dog in the fight, which is why the discussion devolved into ad hominems so quickly.

Im far from being a Muslim. Does it matter if I am?

If I called you a bigot, I apologize.

But my point is that the ideology of not wanting a certain group of people near you because of your beliefs is defined as bigotry.

You can justify how and why you're not a bigot.

No ad hominem intended.

And the truth is Im not a believer in any abrahamic religions and i will denounce or support them equally and not pick on any one religion. If this forum was full of pro Muslims, I would probably argue on the Christianity side.
Proc92
Congrats?
nortex97
AG
He/she is too childish to warrant further replies.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Abraham, who lived three millennia before Islam?
AggieDruggist89
AG
nortex97 said:

He/she is too childish to warrant further replies.

Oh nos.....ad hominem.....
AggieDruggist89
AG
I had no idea Islamic Hate was this prevalent among Conservative Christians..

I do now.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

the ideology of not wanting a certain group of people near you because of your beliefs is defined as bigotry.
I don't want to live near the KKK

I don't want to live near MS-13

I don't want to live near inner city gang bangers

I don't want to live near rednecks (of any skin color) who will poach and trespass on my land.

I don't want to live near that fundamentalist Mormon "church", that marries off 12-year-old girls

I don't want to live near anyone who's religious or cultural allegiance is against the United States as a Constitutional Republic

Thanks for letting me know what a bigoted SOB I am.
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

I do now.

I thought you were better than this bullcrap.

I am better informed now.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

the ideology of not wanting a certain group of people near you because of your beliefs is defined as bigotry.
I don't want to live near the KKK

I don't want to live near MS-13

I don't want to live near inner city gang bangers

I don't want to live near rednecks (of any skin color) who will poach and trespass on my land.

I don't want to live near that fundamentalist Mormon "church", that marries off 12-year-old girls

I don't want to live near anyone who's religious or cultural allegiance is against the United States as a Constitutional Republic

Thanks for letting me know what a bigoted SOB I am.

We were talking about conservative 3rd generation Muslim family.

Would you not let a Islamic physician treat you?
doubledog
Fear InoculAg said:

doubledog said:

TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

Which would conservatives be more welcoming to in their communities: Muslims who are 3rd generation and act and live in all ways as conservatives, they just pray to a different god, or liberals who go to a Christian/Catholic church?
C) None of the above.
The Catholic church is a Christian church, in fact the Catholic (now Roman/Orthodox/Armenian) was the first Christian church.

FYI Muslims pray to the same God as Christians.

I love it when people make these ridiculous theological statements of fact. How the **** do you know which god Christians are praying to vs Muslims? This **** is hilarious.
So what I am hearing is the you believe that there is more than one god.
cecil77
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Yea, and two millennia before Christ - that Abraham.

Both faiths worship the God of Abraham.

AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I do now.

Serious? Because I have no issues with Muslims..christians..budhhists...hindis..mormons...sdas. And that's bull crap?

How you figure?
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

I'll ask him at my appointment next week.
CanyonAg77
AG
cecil77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Yea, and two millennia before Christ - that Abraham.

Both faiths worship the God of Abraham.

I disagree. I think the moon on Islamic flags is a pretty good indication of worship of the moon god.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

So you wouldn't want him living near you but when you need him, you have no issues?
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I do now.

Serious? Because I have no issues with Muslims..christians..budhhists...hindis..mormons...sdas. And that's bull crap?

How you figure?

Your bias against Christians and obvious lies about the posters here, is to what I refer.
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

So you wouldn't want him living near you but when you need him, you have no issues?

When did I say I didn't want him living near me?
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

When did I say I didn't want him living near me?

You didn't. But the whole context of this thread is about who do you want living near you. 3rd Gen conservative Muslim family or liberal Christian family. Sounded like you didn't want the Muslim family. If not, I'm mistaken and I apologize.

I said liberal family so I can torment them.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I do now.

How you figure?

Your bias against Christians and obvious lies about the posters here, is to what I refer.

Show me where I'm bias against Christians?

Where I said Christians dont like Muslims? Well some Muslims don't like Christians. I never said that was OK either. Did I?

CanyonAg77
AG
I have never commented directly on the subject of the thread. But my above statement holds, I do not want anyone living anywhere in the United States, who has allegiance to another country or system of government.

A liberal family is unlikely to see the light. They will send their kids off to liberal colleges where their warped world view is reinforced, bringing in another generation of anti-Americans.

The Islamist family, there is at least a chance. If they are third generation, they are likely secularized and/or Americanized.

When they send their kids to college, the kids will be exposed to alcohol, being independent of parents, and scantily clad hot chicks. Those will do more to wipe out anti-American views than anything else.

Yes, some will return to their roots and be radicalized. But many more will become secular or convert to their girlfriend's faith.
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Quote:

False accusations
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Quote:

False accusations

So you're saying conservative Christians have no issues with Islam?

So my observation biased when I also believe there are Islamic hate towards Christianity?

CanyonAg77
AG
Hate.

You falsely accused people here of hate.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Hate.

You falsely accused people here of hate.

That's it?

So no one here hates Muslims?

So if you don't have issues with Muslims, why would you take offense as it doesn't apply to you.
cecil77
AG
Quote:

I disagree. I think the moon on Islamic flags is a pretty good indication of worship of the moon god.

Now you're just making stuff up.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Why dont y'all c/o 77s just arm wrestle over this...
CanyonAg77
AG
cecil77 said:

Quote:

Now you're just making stuff up.
Not made up. Pretty common thought. You can Google it if you care. Not going to do a Wikipedia war with you, just agree to disagree.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.