Family values Muslim Americans or American Liberals

8,906 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nortex97
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which would conservatives be more welcoming to in their communities: Muslims who are 3rd generation and act and live in all ways as conservatives, they just pray to a different god, or liberals who go to a Christian/Catholic church?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
GisselMcDonald
TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

Which would conservatives be more welcoming to in their communities: Muslims who are 3rd generation and act and live in all ways as conservatives, they just pray to a different god, or liberals who go to a Christian/Catholic church?
C) None of the above.
That's a fugly attitude to have.
doubledog
TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

C) None of the above.
The Catholic church is a Christian church, in fact the Catholic (now Roman/Orthodox/Armenian) was the first Christian church.

FYI Muslims pray to the same God as Christians.
DrEvazanPhD
[We are not going to allow that type of profane name calling on this board and if you do it again when you are allowed to post in a week you get banned permanently. -Staff]
57 STATES!
CanyonAg77
AG
doubledog said:

Lots of people think that Allah is the Moon god, therefore, not the Christian God.
sleepybeagle
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Conservatives generally are very welcoming to anyone as long as they are law-abiding, hard-working, support the community, and don't shove their views down everyone's throats.

Liberals on the other hand, as your question supports, wish to categorize people in groups and then set them against one another.
swampstander
AG
doubledog said:

TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

C) None of the above.
The Catholic church is a Christian church, in fact the Catholic (now Roman/Orthodox/Armenian) was the first Christian church.

When we first moved to Texas from Colorado in the early 70's we had several different groups show up at our door trying to get us to attend their church. My mom would simply tell them we were Catholic and that would usually be enough to get them to go away. After being told that we were Catholic one particularly insistent woman told us "we should really consider converting to Christianity ".
P.H. Dexippus
AG
doubledog said:

Muslims pray to the God of the trinity, three in one? That's news to me.
B-1 83
AG
No Spin Ag said:

"Christian/Catholic" church? Wtf?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
AggieIce
AG
TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

C) None of the above.

Edit: This isn't what I would do, this is what I think Conservatives do.

Nm, she's not worth it
Proc92
Whichever one won't take your baby away.
Valtrex11
TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

C) None of the above.

you better hope Muslims dont' take over would not be good for your ilk.
Valtrex11
DrEvazanPhD said:

TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

C) None of the above.

You're a dick.

I'll take the Muslim family any day.
I see what you did there
HollywoodBQ
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

doubledog said:

Muslims pray to the God of the trinity, three in one? That's news to me.
Muslims do believe that Jesus was a great man and he does have a role in their version of the end times.

Muslims I've talked to believe that Muslims and Christians believe in the same God. In fact, their prayer call states that they believe in one God - Allah and Mohammed is his prophet. He is the one God for the whole world, not for only Muslims.

That's my rough anecdotal translation. I've lived through more than 10,000 prayer calls in Saudi Arabia.

Here's a formal translation from this web site:
https://www.learnreligions.com/what-do-the-words-of-the-adhan-mean-in-english-2003812

Arabic transliteration of the adhan is as follows:
Quote:

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah. Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah.
Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah. Ashadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah.
Hayya 'ala-s-Salah. Hayya 'ala-s-Salah.
Hayya 'ala-l-Falah. Hayya 'ala-l-Falah.
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!
La ilaha illa Allah.
The English translation of the adhan is:
Quote:

God is Great! God is Great! God is Great! God is Great!
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God.
Hurry to the prayer. Hurry to the prayer.
Hurry to salvation. Hurry to salvation.
God is Great! God is Great!
There is no god except the One God.
The prayer calls do differ across the Middle East. When I was in Cairo, the prayer call sounded quite a bit different than what I was used to at home in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.

Even this one from Riyadh sounds a lot different than the way they did it in my neighborhood. This one is much slower and much more subdued.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Without doing a deep dive (there are many authoritative sources on the subject), I'll just quote a part from wiki that sums it up:
Quote:

In Christianity, the doctrine of the Trinity states that God is a single being who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a communion of three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In any event, such a concept of plurality within God is considered a denial of monotheism and foreign to the revelation found in Muslim scripture. Shirk, the act of ascribing partners to God whether they be sons, daughters, or other partners is considered to be a form of unbelief in Islam. The Quran repeatedly and firmly asserts God's absolute oneness, thus ruling out the possibility of another being sharing his sovereignty or nature.[1] In Islam, the Holy Spirit is believed to be the Angel Gabriel.[2] There has been little doubt that Muslims have explicitly rejected Christian doctrines of the Trinity from an early date.
Boo Weekley
No Spin Ag said:

The first by a mile and it's not even a question. As long as they love this country. I hate all white liberals. They are the greatest enemy and threat to this nation and have all but destroyed our major cities.

I know some good friendly patriotic Muslims. There are zero good white liberals.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Mmmm

Y'all do know the God worshipped in Islam, Judaism and Christianity is the same God right??? With Christianity and catholicism that are more perplexing to worship.

Islam and Judaism split occurred with Abraham's sons Issac and Ishmael.
Marcus Brutus
TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

C) None of the above.

I'd take a member of ISIS over a white liberal.
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

No, not by 1000s of years
fka ftc
Many, many people do not understand or simply choose not to realize this fact.

It also puzzles me that the more "devout" one is in one of those 3 religions the more they are overzealous in condemning the other two religions to eternal damnation.

I fully expect to see Muslim and Jewish friends in Heaven. If I see Biden and Pelosi I will have to reconsider things.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Same as in they're all Abrahamic religions with a same origin.

Many Americans think Islam is a some sort of devil worship that has nothing to do with Abraham.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

No, not by 1000s of years

Correct. But the lineage is traced to.
B-1 83
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Mmmm

Y'all do know the God worshipped in Islam, Judaism and Christianity is the same God right??? With Christianity and catholicism that are more perplexing to worship.

"Christianity and Catholicism?" Wtf?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Matt_ag98
No Spin Ag said:

So like if the Biden's buy another house and move in? (Practicing Catholics right?)
AggieDruggist89
AG
Oh I don't know... Virgin Mother Mary always confused me... I'd think if you got pregnant out of wedlock as a virgin, what better than to say she was conceived by God... And God, son of God and holy sprit is a bit confusing to me.

I'm conservative. But I'm not a Christian. And this is what's beautiful about America.
AggieDruggist89
AG
But to answer the OP, I would move in the commie liberal. Garnish their wage.. And barely feed them. Put them to work and torment them.
UTExan
AggieDruggist89 said:

Mmmm

No. I beg to to differ. Canyon Ag 77 pointed out the origins of the god of Islam.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
AggieDruggist89
AG
Are you saying Islamic God is different than Judaism God?
K2-HMFIC
Sooo…this thread really belongs on the Religion Board.
Get Off My Lawn
Mohammad wanted to be a warlord so he cobbled together a religion to create his army. He pulled folks in by saying "your religion got some things right, but I've got the rest of the story for ya!" and then gave them zealous purpose. First - when he was attacking as a call to war, second - when he had territory as a call to peace. At all times, integrating the religion with the politics with his aspirations.

So no - they don't follow the same Abrahamic God. They follow the Joseph Smith of the ancient. Him cobbling together segments of familiar teachings to hoodwinked Zoroastrians, Jews, Pagans, & Christians doesn't mean he produced an accurate representation of God - he created a fiction that sound similar.

And due to the nature of their political + religious integration, they are only societally acceptable in small enough proportions that they are forced to integrate with non-muslims and are prevented from gaining power. The slippery slope is necessarily Sharia (along with the oppression of all infidels), so there is no potential for religious tolerance or coexistance once they achieve critical mass.
Get Off My Lawn
And to answer your question: liberals >>> muslims. Of course - a true liberal isn't a democrat anymore...

If your question was really "Christian democrat/leftist vs. American-conservative assimilated muslim" then that's a comparison of two fringe groups and not a functionally useful question, but I'd take the muslim since their voting pattern would stave off our country's political destruction for 1 generation and give me a chance to convert them.
Central Committee
AG
I defy anyone, whether by politics or by religion, that would seek to limit our freedoms as represented by the Constitution of the United States of America. Progressives/communists , by definition, seek to do just that.

Muslim families that seek to live in peace and not impose on our freedoms based on the practices of their religion are welcome in my community.
I am always wrong
doubledog said:

TXAGFAN said:

No Spin Ag said:

C) None of the above.

I love it when people make these ridiculous theological statements of fact. How the **** do you know which god Christians are praying to vs Muslims? This **** is hilarious.
fka ftc
Get Off My Lawn said:

Mohammad wanted to be a warlord so he cobbled together a religion to create his army. He pulled folks in by saying "your religion got some things right, but I've got the rest of the story for ya!" and then gave them zealous purpose. First - when he was attacking as a call to war, second - when he had territory as a call to peace. At all times, integrating the religion with the politics with his aspirations.

So no - they don't follow the same Abrahamic God. They follow the Joseph Smith of the ancient. Him cobbling together segments of familiar teachings to hoodwinked Zoroastrians, Jews, Pagans, & Christians doesn't mean he produced an accurate representation of God - he created a fiction that sound similar.

And due to the nature of their political + religious integration, they are only societally acceptable in small enough proportions that they are forced to integrate with non-muslims and are prevented from gaining power. The slippery slope is necessarily Sharia (along with the oppression of all infidels), so there is no potential for religious tolerance or coexistance once they achieve critical mass.
Its a good thing that no "holy wars" were ever fought by the Christian church. Let's leave all that to the Muslims...? You cannot be serious with such an assessment given the Crusades and many other conflicts started in the name of Christianity.

Comparing Mohammad to Joseph Smith is just plain lazy. You reading news articles from 1844 to come up with this?

The world population of Muslims is expected to meet or exceed the world population of Christians within the next 50 years.

Muslims, Christians and Jews worship the same God but in different (and many substantially different) ways. Has God spoken directly to you and let you know all about Mohammed's intentions and that he denounces them and that 1+ billion of todays world population is on a path to hell by being Muslim?

Your comments on Muslims would indicate you discriminate against certain folks based on their religious beliefs. What a shame.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.