The idiocy of Republican voters for Biden

5,538 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ulysses90
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Bonfire1996 said:

OldAg68 said:

Deputy Travis Junior said:

If you want to blame the person most responsible for our current vegetable president, blame Trump. It was a known fact that voter turnout would shatter previous records and that he'd need more of the middle to get a W, yet he continued to behave in a way that he knew would alienate them. His kindergarten-level impulse control is 100% on him.

And to whoever is going to post "he got more votes than any republican in history!" know that this is irrelevant given the massive uptick in voter turnout. 2020 was a unique ballgame and he utterly failed to adapt his strategy, so now we're stuck with a complete idiot in office.

This.

It's incredibly simple. He could have won in a landslide, but he just can't overcome his ego and he alienated too many people.

Serious question: Did Trumps tweets alienate more people than record inflation, increasing taxes, decade low small business confidence, decade low consumer confidence, and tyrannical mandates?

Or are swing voters just idiots?

You know the answer.

I still say, with all honesty, that had Twitter not existed, Trump would have won his reelection easily. Not one of his policies was that much different than any other republican would have had, and like Abbott in Texas, enough democrats easily live with those types of conservative policies, because they don't really change their (liberals) lives.

There's a reason DeSantis, and likely no other serious GOP candidate, uses Twitter the way Trump did, because they know that it's much easier to win when you keep those non die-hard candidates (i.e. concerned moderates) content, and all it takes is acting like a politician.
Hmm, maybe. The reality of twitter though is that there really aren't that many actual humans on it. When I saw the numbers I was surprised at how low they were.

I think the truer reality is that if we had a media that covered both sides of the issue he would have won despite anything that ever happened on twitter.
No Spin Ag
Sea Speed said:

the second the nominee for 24 is decided they will get the exact same twitter and media treatment that trump did, they just wont post the same type of things he did.

True, but they've been that way forever, that's nothing new. The difference with a DeSantis, or any other nominee, is that they won't be pouring gasoline over themselves (figuratively) while the media is trying to light them on fire, and that's all the concerned moderates on the right want.
No Spin Ag
YouBet said:

No Spin Ag said:

Bonfire1996 said:

OldAg68 said:

If you want to blame the person most responsible for our current vegetable president, blame Trump. It was a known fact that voter turnout would shatter previous records and that he'd need more of the middle to get a W, yet he continued to behave in a way that he knew would alienate them. His kindergarten-level impulse control is 100% on him.

And to whoever is going to post "he got more votes than any republican in history!" know that this is irrelevant given the massive uptick in voter turnout. 2020 was a unique ballgame and he utterly failed to adapt his strategy, so now we're stuck with a complete idiot in office.

This.

It's incredibly simple. He could have won in a landslide, but he just can't overcome his ego and he alienated too many people.

Serious question: Did Trumps tweets alienate more people than record inflation, increasing taxes, decade low small business confidence, decade low consumer confidence, and tyrannical mandates?

You know the answer.

I still say, with all honesty, that had Twitter not existed, Trump would have won his reelection easily. Not one of his policies was that much different than any other republican would have had, and like Abbott in Texas, enough democrats easily live with those types of conservative policies, because they don't really change their (liberals) lives.

There's a reason DeSantis, and likely no other serious GOP candidate, uses Twitter the way Trump did, because they know that it's much easier to win when you keep those non die-hard candidates (i.e. concerned moderates) content, and all it takes is acting like a politician.
Hmm, maybe. The reality of twitter though is that there really aren't that many actual humans on it. When I saw the numbers I was surprised at how low they were.

I think the truer reality is that if we had a media that covered both sides of the issue he would have won despite anything that ever happened on twitter.

But you have to accept the reality of how he media is going to act, because they've been that way forever and they're never going to change. So just don't give them anything extra, like Twitter, to use against you. This is where DeSantis is doing very well, and that's why I can easily see him winning in '24.
BuddysBud
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Bonfire1996 said:

OldAg68 said:

This.

You know the answer.

Had Twitter not existed Trump never would have been elected. Without social media, the MSM would have buried Trump so deep no one would have known he was running.

Big tech realized that their free and open means of communication helped elect Trump. That is why they have since begun to massively censor posts that don't agree with their masters' wishes.
TAMU1990
AG
YouBet said:

It's maddening and we may never really know how many of these spineless people voted for Biden. I have friends who voted Biden and then R down the ticket. We've stopped discussing politics because I think they are all completely embarrassed as to what they have done.

My usual text threads with friends that like to discuss politics has been 100% radio silent since about week 2 of this presidency. They know they f'ed up.
This describes my sister and husband. First time to vote for a democrat because of mean tweets and covid.
TexasAggie81
doubledog said:

It was a choice, for some, between Biden who would grope your teenage daughter and Trump who would tell your daughter she is ugly. Words hurt you know....

Words only hurt when you allow them to hurt. This country and its citizens are soft. They don't want people to tell them the truth. They want to be coddled. If someone tells me that my daughter is ugly, I know that's a lie, and I either ignore them or give them a one-finger hand wave. Biden gropes little girls. That's a fact.
Deputy Travis Junior
I totally get what you're saying and 100% agree that a lot of people made dumb decisions. In my opinion, Biden was everything bad that liberals claimed Trump was (nepotistic, corrupt, useless, quasi racist, a pathological liar), and yet nobody did any digging into his past. BUT...

If I tell you, a political candidate, that X behavior will irrationally cause people to vote against you, and you take that action anyway, I would say that you shoulder a huge share of the blame. Yes the rules of the game were dumb, but even still, you knew them and then refused to play by them. That's on you, not the dumb voters.
Bonfire1996
AG
TAMU1990 said:

YouBet said:

It's maddening and we may never really know how many of these spineless people voted for Biden. I have friends who voted Biden and then R down the ticket. We've stopped discussing politics because I think they are all completely embarrassed as to what they have done.

My usual text threads with friends that like to discuss politics has been 100% radio silent since about week 2 of this presidency. They know they f'ed up.
This describes my sister and husband. First time to vote for a democrat because of mean tweets and covid.

Where do they live? I'd love to exploit them economically because they are galactically stupid.
Ellis Wyatt
OldAg68 said:

This.

And those people are so small and butthurt that they'd vote for biden all over again, even knowing what they know now.

Sad, petty people. But **** America, right?!
10andBOUNCE
AG
Ben Shapiro said it for about 1-2 years before the election. All Trump had to do was shut up and point at the left. He couldn't do it.
BigBrother
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Ben Shapiro said it for about 1-2 years before the election. All Trump had to do was shut up and point at the left. He couldn't do it.
How is that a good example? Shapiro put his Trump hate aside and started actively supporting him because he knew his policies were far better than Biden.
GeorgiAg
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Yeah. If Twitter had banned him a year BEFORE the election, he probably would have won. Good lord Biden has been a disaster. Glad he's continuing the vax mandates - that will help our supply chain problems!!!! Freakin idiot.

Policy > personality. Lesson learned. DeSantis 2024.

BuddysBud
AG

I totally get what you're saying and 100% agree that a lot of people made dumb decisions. In my opinion, Biden was everything bad that liberals claimed Trump was (nepotistic, corrupt, useless, quasi racist, a pathological liar), and yet nobody did any digging into his past. BUT...

If I tell you, a political candidate, that X behavior will irrationally cause people to vote against you, and you take that action anyway, I would say that you shoulder a huge share of the blame. Yes the rules of the game were dumb, but even still, you knew them and then refused to play by them. That's on you, not the dumb voters.

The game was fixed. Even if Trump quit being Trump the idiots who voted for Biden would have still voted for him because of Russia or other made up crap the MSM would have come up with. Trump shutting up would just be taken that he was guilty of the new lies.

Trump won because he didn't cave to the establishment.

You who believe that he would have done better by being quiet still would have believed the lies and still would have voted for Biden.
Daveintx
What has any Biden (or democrat at all) voter done to make you think they'd take responsibility for their action?
No Spin Ag
BuddysBud said:

The game was fixed. Even if Trump quit being Trump the idiots who voted for Biden would have still voted for him because of Russia or other made up crap the MSM would have come up with. Trump shutting up would just be taken that he was guilty of the new lies.

You who believe that he would have done better by being quiet still would have believed the lies and still would have voted for Biden.

Trump would have done better with the Republicans who held their noses because of his personality to vote for him the first time, but couldn't do it again the second time.
Bonfire1996
AG
BuddysBud said:

Finally someone gets it. Finally!

The centrists who voted for Biden don't have a problem with Trump, they have a problem with their own convictions. Some sort of guilt, or a false sense of altruism, who knows.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Love how the ConMods keep trying to blame Trump and act like the massive voter fraud and media fraud wasn't 100% responsible

Just admit you were played like a cheap violin and own that your refusal to vote Trump because you listened to the MSM propaganda makes you 100% responsible for the **** show happening right now

YOU are responsible
aggiebq03+
People blaming Trump and mean tweets for the election are the same people who don't remember that Dan Rather was fired for lying and making fake documents about George W Bush. The media is totally in the Dems pocket, they treat every Republican POTUS the same.

Mean tweets didn't lose any election.
Weak minded people and voter fraud did.
BuddysBud
AG
No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

The game was fixed. Even of Trump quit being Trump the idiots who voted for Biden would have still voted for him because of Russia or other made up crap the MSM would have come up with. Trump shutting up would just be taken that he was guilty of the new lies.

Trump would have done better with the Republicans who held their noses because of his personality to vote for him the first time, but couldn't do it again the second time.

That was a very small minority of idiots who decided communism was superior to mean tweets.

Those Republicans voted against the caricature that the MSM made of Trump. Had Trump been a good little Republican and bowed down to the wishes of the swamp then the MSM still would have vilified hm. See how they treated Romney and McCain.

Had Trump run as a Democrat his character would have been portrayed as being tough and never giving up.

It wouldn't take much effort to see the lies, especially if you read this site. But being a puppet of the establishment and their propaganda is much easier.

Multiple edits because I swear that autoincorrect makes changes after I make a post. Same incorrection made twice.
BuddysBud
Deputy Travis Junior
The debate was Trump's big chance to 1) comport himself like a leader in front of a bunch of centrist voters who didn't really like the democrat platform and 2) let demented Biden bury himself. All Trump had to do was highlight his accomplishments and then let Biden the mumbling zombie bury himself. He couldn't do it. Instead, he acted like his normal abrasive self, provided cover for Biden, and cemented in the minds of all the on-the-fence moderates the he had no judgment or self control, even when it was clearly in his best interest. That is 100% on him.

I firmly believe that with a halfway decent debate performance he would have peeled off a half million or million voters and won 2020 by the a tiny margin. I mean he nearly pulled off the same stunt he did in 2016, except the handful of swing states barely went against him this time. He didn't need much more juice at all.
No Spin Ag
BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

The game was fixed. Even of Trump quit being Trump the idiots who voted for Biden would have still voted for him because of Russia or other made up crap the MSM would have come up with. Trump shutting up would just be taken that he was guilty of the new lies.

That was a very small minority of idiots who decided communism was superior to mean tweets.

Those Republicans voted against the caricature that the MSM made of Trump. Had Trump been a good little Republican and bowed down to the wishes of the swamp then the MSM still would have vilified hm. See how they treated Romney and McCain.

Had Trump run as a Democrat his character would have been portrayed as being tough and never giving up.

It wouldn't take much effort to see the lies, especially if you read this site. But being a puppet of the establishment and their propaganda is much easier.

Multiple edits because I swear that autoincorrect makes changes after I make a post. Same incorrection made twice.

Had Trump just been more like DeSantis, a politician who keeps himself composed and in check while still saying all the right words, he'd be president now.
BuddysBud
AG
No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

Had Trump just been more like DeSantis, a politician who keeps himself composed and in check while still saying all the right words, he'd be president now.

If DeSantis wins the nomination, let's see how he holds up to the fire.

Cruz for example is a genius at brushing off liberal attacks, yet he is known as the most hated man in Congress. All liberals and many moderates would prefer another cave in To the left Cornyn over Cruz.
BoydCrowder13
BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

Cruz for example is a genius at brushing off liberal attacks, yet he is known as the most hated man in Congress. All liberals and many moderates would prefer another cave in To the left Cornyn over Cruz.

Cruz just isn't a likeable guy. Smart as a whip but has a punchable face comes off as the know it all you hated in elementary. He can't work a crowd and he has a hard time acting normal on camera. And I voted for Cruz for president in 2016.

DeSantis is a much more likeable guy and has a better public persona.
Ulysses90
AG
doubledog said:

It was a choice, for some, between Biden who would grope your teenage daughter and Trump who would tell your daughter she is ugly. Words hurt you know....
Fear the former not the latter. My daughter looks nothing like Rosie O'Donnell.
BuddysBud
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

Cruz just isn't a likeable guy. Smart as a whip but has a punchable face comes off as the know it all you hated in elementary. And I voted for Cruz for president in 2016.

DeSantis is a much more likeable guy

And Biden is such a likable guy. He never was until the MSM made him that way during the election.

The MSM could make Cruz or Trump likable if the wanted. That is the problem. Idiots vote based on likability rather than qualifications and policies. That is how the MSM controls the message and control who wins elections.

If anyone took two minutes to look at the DNC platform and Biden's history he wouldn't have been close to being elected. But people are too lazy and like good little drones they let the media control them.

Biden is much less likable and more corrupt than Trump. The media just hid those facts and created the narrative that their handlers wanted.
Ulysses90
AG
Quote:

You all can mock mean tweet-driven decision making all you want but that **** matters. You know it matters and Trump knew it mattered. But he decided he'd rather indulge his desire to be a dip**** internet troll than run a serious campaign, so now we're stuck with an idiot.
Well, they only matter if you ignore the impact that 8-10 million fraudulent ballots for Biden. Nothing Trump said or didn't say overcomes the massive distributed vote theft that took place. If that cheating continues to be ignored by concerned moderates and RINOs then Biden could beat Trump again tomorrow even if gas prices jumped another dollar per gallon overnight.

aginresearch
AG
What do you think the Democrats and the media have been doing to DeSantis? Playing patty cake? CBS 60 minutes did a hit job on him already. A hit job on a governor! They generally reserve those for incumbent Republican president's running for reelection.

Do you think that Florida the swingiest of all swing states is just rainbows and skittles? It's a blood sport there between the Republicans and Democrats.

No, DeSantis already been through the wringer. If he runs there is sure more to come but he's already shown he can deal with whatever they got. He can stick a shiv in the back of a Democrat with such aplomb that moderates won't even blink an eye.
BoydCrowder13
BuddysBud said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

Cruz just isn't a likeable guy. Smart as a whip but has a punchable face comes off as the know it all you hated in elementary. And I voted for Cruz for president in 2016.

And Biden is such a likable guy. He never was until the MSM made him that way during the election.

The MSM could make Cruz or Trump likable if the wanted. That is the problem. Idiots vote based on likability rather than qualifications and policies. That is how the MSM controls the message and control who wins elections.

If anyone took two minutes to look at the DNC platform and Biden's history he wouldn't have been close to being elected. But people are too lazy and like good little drones they let the media control them.

Biden is much less likable and more corrupt than Trump. The media just hid those facts and created the narrative that their handlers wanted.

Is this your first election watching politics?

Likability has always and will always be a factor because voters just aren't that smart. You can wish for it to be different but that is just naive.
No Spin Ag
BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

DeSantis has been playing the political game for more than enough time to know how to handle things like that. I've always said he's a W 2.0, and W did very well with the attacks.
Tanya 93
BoydCrowder13 said:

BuddysBud said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

Likability has always and will always be a factor because voters just aren't that smart. You can wish for it to be different but that is just naive.
Appearance plays a big part as well.

The differences between who won a Kennedy-Nixon debate was based on if they watched it or listened to it
aginresearch
AG
I really don't understand this thinking post Virginia. Republicans can still win elections. It is also possible for two things to be true simultaneously.

It is true that ballot harvesting played a role in Trump losing states like Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona. However, Trump's failure to control his mouth caused Republicans and moderates to vote for Biden which allowed the ballot harvesting to push Biden over the top in those states.

Both issues have ways they can be resolved. Denying either one is to put your head in the sand. If your goal is winning elections then mitigating all possible vulnerabilities is smart.
BoydCrowder13
aginresearch said:

I really don't understand this thinking post Virginia. Republicans can still win elections. It is also possible for two things to be true simultaneously.

It is true that ballot harvesting played a role in Trump losing states like Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona. However, Trump's failure to control his mouth caused Republicans and moderates to vote for Biden which allowed the ballot harvesting to push Biden over the top in those states.

Both issues have ways they can be resolved. Denying either one is to put your head in the sand. If your goal is winning elections then mitigating all possible vulnerabilities is smart.

How dare you sir! Trump ran a perfect re-election campaign. There is nothing he could have improved upon and to imply there was is the height of idiocy!
Gbr1971
Didn't vote for Biden and think he has done as bad a job in his first 10 months in office of any President that I can remember. I don't think he can be blamed much for inflation though. If Trump were in the White House I would think that we would have passed something like the stimulus at the beginning of the year. Maybe Republicans convince Trump not to spend as much as Biden did, but remember Trump was saying that we should have sent out $2,000 checks instead of $600. We also would have gotten an infrastructure plan probably about the same size. We would be experiencing inflation if Trump would have been re-elected simply because the economy has been opened up and we still would have the same supply chain issues.

But the thought that who affects your life more, the man in the White House or the man in the mirror is not a close call. It's you. That doesn't mean politics are not important, but everyone's success has always been mostly about what choices they make.
BuddysBud
AG
BoydCrowder13 said:

BuddysBud said:

BoydCrowder13 said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

No Spin Ag said:

BuddysBud said:

You obviously did not read my post. Likability is a factor. Thirty years ago I read an article where they predicted election outcomes nearly 100% by the candidate who looked best in their campaign picture.

Now however likability is being defined by media propaganda. If you don't bother to research who you are even more likely to be controlled by the MSM misinformation.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.