***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,056,961 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

BTHOtrolls said:

Below is the free link to track maritime vessels that anyone can use. I saw a Ukrainian tug visit the island earlier today where the soldires to the war ship to "go f-yourself" which I thought was very strange… wish I knew what's the back story there.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:30.2/centery:45.0/zoom:9

The seizure of ships because of Russian ownership would be very difficult without seeing any specifics on what are the sanctions.

A ship has a "flag" which is technically the law it falls under, but could be owned by a company in another country, with crew from several different nationality. I wouldn't expect seizing Russian ships on a mass scale is likely. If they're carrying cargo to Russia that violates sanctions, it could be a possibility… but even that gets very complicated in maritime law.

A more likely option is Western Countries mandate that no ship that's visited Russia in the last 12 months can visit a Western Countries Port… there are detailed records of all ports a ship calls on. Then shipping companies have to decide whether they want to service Russia or the rest of the world with their vessel

Could t Ukraine issue Letters of Marque to any international ship (privateer) for the capture of Russian vessels, legally?

Now that'd be a nice change. Doubt many would like to be bombed while on a ship though!
BTHOtrolls
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

BTHOtrolls said:

Below is the free link to track maritime vessels that anyone can use. I saw a Ukrainian tug visit the island earlier today where the soldires to the war ship to "go f-yourself" which I thought was very strange… wish I knew what's the back story there.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:30.2/centery:45.0/zoom:9

The seizure of ships because of Russian ownership would be very difficult without seeing any specifics on what are the sanctions.

A ship has a "flag" which is technically the law it falls under, but could be owned by a company in another country, with crew from several different nationality. I wouldn't expect seizing Russian ships on a mass scale is likely. If they're carrying cargo to Russia that violates sanctions, it could be a possibility… but even that gets very complicated in maritime law.

A more likely option is Western Countries mandate that no ship that's visited Russia in the last 12 months can visit a Western Countries Port… there are detailed records of all ports a ship calls on. Then shipping companies have to decide whether they want to service Russia or the rest of the world with their vessel

Could t Ukraine issue Letters of Marque to any international ship (privateer) for the capture of Russian vessels, legally?

Hypothetically, yes… I just don't think it's likely. The more pragmatic solution is the restriction of Western port access, if the vessel previously visited a Russian Port.

What's a "Russian" ship gets very complicated in commercial maritime… if it's flagged Russian, owned by Russians (if so what percent?), crewed by Russians…. Or does a Russian ship need to be all of the above. You're likely to have many other nations tied into a commercial shipping operation which have nothing to do with the Ukraine conflict and would be very upset, if their ship is seized.

The most "Russian" ship of them all… Putin's personal yacht was moved out of a German shipyard weeks before the invasion. The yacht was there for repairs which were only partially completed at the time the order was given for it to be moved out of Germany. That's probably to avoid seizure of the vessel as you mentioned.
crowman2010
AG
Build It said:

Any of you in the marine business have the app that tracks all the commercial vessels around the world?

Would be really interesting to see where all the Russian flagged ships are in the world. Will they be seized at foreign ports?

I have access to full satellite and ground based AIS receivers. What would you like to see?
Build It
AG
I'm not sure now that BtHOtrolls explained how maritime flagging works. I knew it was complicated.

I suppose what I was interested in was really Russian goods/cargo and if they could be seized. I like the idea of cutting off the oligarchs fast. We don't really trade with them so probably not much here but their oil.

Can you see military ships? Tell us where the Russians are!
whytho987654
BTHOrussia Ukraine
wildmen09
AG
crowman2010 said:

Build It said:

Any of you in the marine business have the app that tracks all the commercial vessels around the world?

Would be really interesting to see where all the Russian flagged ships are in the world. Will they be seized at foreign ports?

I have access to full satellite and ground based AIS receivers. What would you like to see?

God, I ****ing love TexAgs
sanangelo
AG
GAC06 said:

sanangelo said:

GAC06 said:

MagnumLoad said:

I would be amazed if the US and NATO have zero tactical nuclear weapons, regardless of what they say. If so, while Russia retains tactical nukes, that would be beyond stupid.

We absolutely have tactical nukes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61_nuclear_bomb
A b61 is delivered from a _strategic_ bomber called a B-52 and launched at large, pre-planned targets. Half the Buff bomb bay is designed to hold 4 of them. It is NOT a tactical nuke in the mindset of a battlefield. A tac nuke is launched from the army men at other army men, not from strategic bombers.

"It is a low to intermediate-yield strategic and tactical nuclear weapon"

" The B61 is of the variable yield ("dial-a-yield" in informal military jargon) design with a yield of 0.3 to 340 kilotons in its various mods. It is a Full Fuzing Option (FUFO) weapon meaning it is equipped with the full range of fuzing and delivery options including air and ground burst fuzing, and free-fall, ******ed free-fall and laydown delivery."

It's 715lbs so I bet a B-52 could carry a LOT more than that. Oh and:

" The B61 has been deployed by a variety of U.S. military aircraft. US aircraft cleared for its use have included the B-1 Lancer, B-2 Spirit, B-52 Stratofortress, F/A-18 Hornet, A-6 Intruder, F-15E Strike Eagle and F-16 Falcon. As part of NATO Nuclear Weapons Sharing British, German and Italian Panavia Tornado aircraft can also carry B61s.[3] The B61 can fit inside the F-22 Raptor's weapons bays and will also be carried by the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II."

Edit: Asterix word is "re tar ded" which is dumb to censor in this context.

I'll offer one reply so as to not derail the thread. The B61 is an old strategic nuke I sat alert with. It was generally replaced by the B83. A buff bomb bay can perhaps carry forward and aft racks on them, totaling 8. I never had use for more than 4 in the forward rack because I was really good at hitting my target the first time. These B61s are not tactical nukes like the good 'ol Honest John (below).

I cannot imagine anyone in the US military is using B61s today. I seem to recall them being retired 3 decades ago. But hey! Maybe Biden and Milley are having a nostalgic moment.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
GAC06
AG
With all due respect, it's also a tactical nuke, it's still in service. Here it is coming off an F-35 last year. There's lots of videos of other tactical fighters testing with it.

Chef Elko
AG
It's too quiet here. Here's Reddit combat footage for all the latest info

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/
wbt5845
AG
I'm just an airplane guy, not munitions, but the B-61 is still in use, I think just as a bunker buster.
Eliminatus
AG

One way to motivate the defenders
45-70Ag
AG
Rock1982
AG
Several variants of the B61 are available for use. Let's hope deterrence works and we are never required to employ.

Freefall and precision guided.

Platforms include F-15E, F-16, F-35, plus bombers.

Dial a yield. Air and ground burst options.

Aesthetically a beautiful weapon, almost Buck Rogers in appearance.

45-70Ag
AG
TChaney
45-70Ag
AG
TChaney
45-70Ag
AG
TChaney
TChaney

Another Molotov cocktail being used.
Also NOT from 2014.
Eliminatus
AG
TChaney said:

General Mud wins again
TChaney
TChaney
Eliminatus
AG

Not sure if they already had but Romanian President confirming/affirming they are against Putin as well.

If anyone has read the book Cauldron by Larry Bond, I can't help but draw parallels to Russia today and France in that fiction. Increasingly more and more alone until finally, they were.
TChaney
TChaney
Interactive Ukraine map

Map that links back to photos and videos tied to their geographic location.
PJYoung
AG

IMnAg79
AG

PJYoung
AG
TChaney

Even in the middle of a war sometimes you just have to enjoy the simple pleasures.
45-70Ag
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
45-70Ag said:

Not a single other vehicle disperses from the explosion???? Seems off.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
FCBlitz
It would be really helpful if all of these videos would ar least be translated to English.

Totally Joking.
TChaney
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WARNING - Post combat footage
TChaney
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WARNING - Graphic footage after ambulance attack from yesterday.
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.