***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,057,244 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
BTHOtrolls
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NBC reporter whose in Moscow tweeted that his hotel requested pre payment of his bill because they're not sure if credit cards will work once SWIFT sanctions take hold. That's a good first step to setting off a bank run in Russia.

https://twitter.com/rafsanchez/status/1497710808683491342?s=20&t=gM4wo4B7A7pk3UzadIBexg
PJYoung
AG
flashplayer
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

This is awesome. I know Putin loves his sports...pretty amazing he waited for Olympics to end.

Sweden and Poland are both refusing to play Russia in the World Cup qualifier. Czechs are the other team in that bracket, I find it difficult to believe they won't join them in that boycott. Edit - I see the Czechs also seem to have joined as well.
Eliminatus
AG
PJYoung said:

He really does seem to be an authentic man of the people. At least from what I can tell. He is a darling in the world's eyes right now and not through cheap taglines either. Actions matter.

Hard to not feel for him and his people's plight.
78669AG
BattleGrackle said:

78669AG said:

BattleGrackle said:

The trick is reading the room before saying something stupid. He is horrible at that a lot of the time.

let's be real here Putin is extremely smart in trying to regain Ukraine. Doesnt make him not a terrible person though

I wouldn't call anything about how this has gone down smart…

you didnt read what i said.....
Demosthenes81
AG
Former Miss Ukraine goes to war

Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
Whirligigs
His statement - 'I need ammunition, not a ride' - I can't help but think of mcauliffe saying 'nuts' to the Germans.
TChaney
Demosthenes81 said:

Why do I suddenly feel like this is the Hunger Games?
i is smart
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

I'm joining the Russian military to surrender to her.
ntxVol
Seabreeze said:

Will be light soon in Ukraine, they still stand as free independent nation. For Russia, well it's Groundhog day... again..
Russia needs a significant victory soon. Ukraine has fought the good fight but I wonder if they have enough assets to keep it up.

The next day or two will probably prove to be critical for both sides.
FamousAgg
78669AG said:

BattleGrackle said:

78669AG said:

BattleGrackle said:

The trick is reading the room before saying something stupid. He is horrible at that a lot of the time.

let's be real here Putin is extremely smart in trying to regain Ukraine. Doesnt make him not a terrible person though

I wouldn't call anything about how this has gone down smart…

you didnt read what i said.....

Ok just say it plainly then what is smart about "trying to regain Ukraine"

The invasion has:
United 90% of the world against Russia
Damaged the Russian world reputation for a generation
Started the decline of the Russian economy
Emboldened their satellite countries to resist Russian influence
Exposed their military as ineffective
Possibly expanded NATO to 2 more countries
PJYoung
AG
BTHOtrolls said:

NBC reporter whose in Moscow tweeted that his hotel requested pre payment of his bill because they're not sure if credit cards will work once SWIFT sanctions take hold. That's a good first step to setting off a bank run in Russia.

https://twitter.com/rafsanchez/status/1497710808683491342?s=20&t=gM4wo4B7A7pk3UzadIBexg

FamousAgg
i is smart
AG
The truly terrifying part is that they always have a nuke in the back pocket and Putin is only getting older.
45-70Ag
AG
I'm guessing the Russians targeted that site. That's pretty damn bad.
45-70Ag
AG
She's got a nice weapon.
fullback44
AG
45-70Ag said:

She's got a nice weapon.
I would like to see her bullets
45-70Ag
AG
45-70Ag
AG
Holy ****
Maverick06
AG
I just watched Winter on Fire. It's no surprise now why the Ukrainians aren't going down without a fight. Great documentary on the protests in 2014 that lead them closer to a true free country.
Texasaggie32
Demosthenes81 said:

Love how she had to do the front braids. Have to look good while fighting.
sanangelo
AG
GAC06 said:

MagnumLoad said:

I would be amazed if the US and NATO have zero tactical nuclear weapons, regardless of what they say. If so, while Russia retains tactical nukes, that would be beyond stupid.

We absolutely have tactical nukes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61_nuclear_bomb
A b61 is delivered from a _strategic_ bomber called a B-52 and launched at large, pre-planned targets. Half the Buff bomb bay is designed to hold 4 of them. It is NOT a tactical nuke in the mindset of a battlefield. A tac nuke is launched from the army men at other army men, not from strategic bombers.
San Angelo LIVE!
https://sanangelolive.com/
FireAg
AG
Texasaggie32 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

That doesn't look like an AK…
TRM
AG
BattleGrackle said:

The missile/bomb hit the peripheral fencing and not the tanks, but that's still a close call.
redline248
AG
Texasaggie32 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

zero chance she is fighting
Proc92
redline248 said:

Texasaggie32 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

zero chance she is fighting

But she is likely in danger.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Texasaggie32 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

Keeps hair out of her face. Plus I get the feeling braids are a thing in eastern Europe. I see a lot more women with braids there than here.
12th Man
AG
Putin is a sociopath, and I cannot envision a circumstance that would redeem the Russians' invasion of Ukraine. I just wonder why every single piece of news we're seeing -every update, every tweet, every video- is Ukrainian. The entire news perspective and narrative is Ukrainian. It's odd to me, I mean, FFS, don't the damned Bolsheviks have Tic-Tok?
A New Hope
Demosthenes81 said:

Hard to blame the russkies for wanting to invade her.
Build It
AG
Any of you in the marine business have the app that tracks all the commercial vessels around the world?

Would be really interesting to see where all the Russian flagged ships are in the world. Will they be seized at foreign ports?
BTHOtrolls
AG
Below is the free link to track maritime vessels that anyone can use. I saw a Ukrainian tug visit the island earlier today where the soldires told the war ship to "lgo f-yourself. I thought was very strange and wish I knew what's the back story there.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:30.2/centery:45.0/zoom:9

The seizure of ships because of Russian ownership would be very difficult without seeing any specifics on the sanctions.

A ship has a "flag" which is technically the law it falls under, but could be owned by a company in another country, with crew from several different nationality. I wouldn't expect seizing Russian ships on a mass scale is likely. If they're carrying cargo to Russia that violates sanctions, it could be a possibility, but even that gets very complicated in maritime law.

A more likely option is Western Countries mandate that no ship that's visited Russia in the last 12 months can visit a Western Countries Port. There are detailed records of all ports that a ship calls on. Then shipping companies have to decide whether they want to service Russia or the Western world with their vessel.
Build It
AG
Great info thanks!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Build It said:

Any of you in the marine business have the app that tracks all the commercial vessels around the world?

Would be really interesting to see where all the Russian flagged ships are in the world. Will they be seized at foreign ports?

Purple finder?
GAC06
AG
sanangelo said:

GAC06 said:

MagnumLoad said:

I would be amazed if the US and NATO have zero tactical nuclear weapons, regardless of what they say. If so, while Russia retains tactical nukes, that would be beyond stupid.

We absolutely have tactical nukes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B61_nuclear_bomb
A b61 is delivered from a _strategic_ bomber called a B-52 and launched at large, pre-planned targets. Half the Buff bomb bay is designed to hold 4 of them. It is NOT a tactical nuke in the mindset of a battlefield. A tac nuke is launched from the army men at other army men, not from strategic bombers.

"It is a low to intermediate-yield strategic and tactical nuclear weapon"

" The B61 is of the variable yield ("dial-a-yield" in informal military jargon) design with a yield of 0.3 to 340 kilotons in its various mods. It is a Full Fuzing Option (FUFO) weapon meaning it is equipped with the full range of fuzing and delivery options including air and ground burst fuzing, and free-fall, ******ed free-fall and laydown delivery."

It's 715lbs so I bet a B-52 could carry a LOT more than that. Oh and:

" The B61 has been deployed by a variety of U.S. military aircraft. US aircraft cleared for its use have included the B-1 Lancer, B-2 Spirit, B-52 Stratofortress, F/A-18 Hornet, A-6 Intruder, F-15E Strike Eagle and F-16 Falcon. As part of NATO Nuclear Weapons Sharing British, German and Italian Panavia Tornado aircraft can also carry B61s.[3] The B61 can fit inside the F-22 Raptor's weapons bays and will also be carried by the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II."

Edit: Asterix word is "re tar ded" which is dumb to censor in this context.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
BTHOtrolls said:

Below is the free link to track maritime vessels that anyone can use. I saw a Ukrainian tug visit the island earlier today where the soldires to the war ship to "go f-yourself" which I thought was very strange… wish I knew what's the back story there.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:30.2/centery:45.0/zoom:9

The seizure of ships because of Russian ownership would be very difficult without seeing any specifics on what are the sanctions.

A ship has a "flag" which is technically the law it falls under, but could be owned by a company in another country, with crew from several different nationality. I wouldn't expect seizing Russian ships on a mass scale is likely. If they're carrying cargo to Russia that violates sanctions, it could be a possibility… but even that gets very complicated in maritime law.

A more likely option is Western Countries mandate that no ship that's visited Russia in the last 12 months can visit a Western Countries Port… there are detailed records of all ports a ship calls on. Then shipping companies have to decide whether they want to service Russia or the rest of the world with their vessel

Could t Ukraine issue Letters of Marque to any international ship (privateer) for the capture of Russian vessels, legally?
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.