***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,067,094 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Just an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Just an Ag said:

An interesting point was made earlier today - when Putin finally topples the Uke government and installs his own puppet, what will he have? The way the population is resisting now you can bet there will be deep resentment held toward the Russians. The population will not happily be Russians. I can see Ukraine becoming a problem for Putin for a very long time.

From Putin's speech before the invasion, I didn't get the sense that he plans to install a Ukrainian puppet government. I got the impression Putin wants Ukraine as *part* of Russia. I'm sure there will be complaint political offices appointed at the municipal and state (or oblast or whatever) level, but I don't think Putin's intention is for Ukraine to persist as a nationality.
I see the distinction of Ukraine as a puppet versus an absorbed region although I don't think that is the point. Regardless, it will be an area of unrest requiring a lot of attention. I don't doubt they will be ruthless in bringing the area to heel. But, that may be at the expense of an ongoing guerilla war, French Resistance style. Bringing the region under control may be a large task. Rebellious resistance may persist for a long time. I don't get the impression the Russians are seen as liberators.
Ag87H2O
AG
PJYoung said:

I believe Elon could do it
FriscoKid
AG
Zelensky has more balls than any of our folks in Congress. He will go down in history for this moment. Really pulling for Ukraine hard here. FVP
Kenneth_2003
AG
PJYoung said:

Wait... is Elon implying he can provide reboost to the ISS which is currently only done with Soyuz? Reprogram dragon to use the Super Dracos? Keep a 2nd stage docked?

Should we move this to the SpaceX thread?
PJYoung
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I hope Putin exhausts his own army to Russia be a non threat. Will make it easy to go in and capture him later on
FamousAgg
PJYoung said:

BenFiasco14
AG
PJYoung said:

It's Kazakhstan's chance to invade Russia while they're busy in Ukraine
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TChaney
TChaney
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Damn traitors
redline248
AG
TChaney said:

holy sh-t that seems too close
Seabreeze
Luke 10:19 KJV
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you
God bless Ukraine
TChaney

"Explosion at a tractor plant."

Possibly near a Metro Train Depot - may have been issues with translation.
jabberwalkie09
AG

I'm going to file this under no *****
TChaney

Who's a good boy?
Polaris75
Go to page 132 of this thread live of the capital and listen to the gunfire, it is getting close.
TChaney
TChaney

Maybe footage from earlier today?
redline248
AG
Insane to me that civilians would be driving along right near a tank/convoy detachment
wildmen09
AG
GarryowenAg said:

redline248 said:

Are large paratrooper operations still a key piece of what the US military would attempt in a similar scenario?
Only if we have major control of the airspace around the AO (Area of Operations), and we have the ability to drop armor and artillery in coordination.
(And by major control, we need control of the airspace for 60-80% of the time.)

The Army would disagree but the Air Force ain't going in without air superiority near it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TChaney
Not a Bot
AG
Being reported that Putin requested Kazakhstan send troops into Ukraine. They have refused. They have also refused to recognize the breakaway territories of Ukraine.

The pushback may be because it is being postulated Putin wants Kazakhstan to become part of Russia.
TChaney

CCP 50 cent army not wasting an opportunity to push out more propaganda.
TChaney
AgBQ-00
AG
TChaney said:

repost of old footage

My hope is if that was in downtown Dallas or DC or whatever then civilians would be there armed and taking out truck drivers and dismounted infantry as fast as possible. I.E. an enemy column moving through a city.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
TommyBrady
AG
How many troops does Russia still have sitting at the border it seems like they still have a ton left still.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Not a Bot
AG
TommyBrady said:

How many troops does Russia still have sitting at the border it seems like they still have a ton left still.

That's what's been said. Allegedly only about a third or so of the troops have crossed the border.

If supply chain logistic issues are as real as being rumored, those troops massed at the border may not have really been in any sort of shape to fight. Maybe a big bluff to make it look like the invasion was going to be bigger than it was.

I'm not so sure the soldiers running into houses and stealing food/clothes are really going to be professional saboteurs. Seems like they would've just brought civilian clothes with them.
Ernest Tucker
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

TChaney said:

repost of old footage

My hope is if that was in downtown Dallas or DC or whatever then civilians would be there armed and taking out truck drivers and dismounted infantry as fast as possible. I.E. an enemy column moving through a city.

Downtown DC or Dallas? Would more likely take out our domestic trucker caravan than the communists
Not a Bot
AG
Reading some of the Indian news sites last night. They were on route to send a charter plane to evacuate a bunch of medical students studying in Kyiv and they actually turned back to India. Ukraine closed air space as they were already in route.

Modi spoke with Putin about this directly and Putin said he would pass along orders to make sure to keep Indians safe. In the sort of environment we are seeing right now, that's going to be pretty difficult to guarantee.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Rubio needs to stop tweeting.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
AgBQ-00 said:

TChaney said:

repost of old footage

DC? Those libs would be armed with pride flags throwing a bunch of dildos at the enemy. You serious Clark?
Not a Bot
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Rubio needs to stop tweeting.

Completely disagree. He's very much doing this on purpose.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.