***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,977 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
TChaney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248
AG
Are large paratrooper operations still a key piece of what the US military would attempt in a similar scenario?
ABATTBQ11
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

120. How unfortunate.
GarryowenAg
AG
redline248 said:

Are large paratrooper operations still a key piece of what the US military would attempt in a similar scenario?
Only if we have major control of the airspace around the AO (Area of Operations), and we have the ability to drop armor and artillery in coordination.
(And by major control, we need control of the airspace for 60-80% of the time.)
redline248
AG
GarryowenAg said:

redline248 said:

Only if we have major control of the airspace around the AO (Area of Operations), and we have the ability to drop armor and artillery in coordination.
(And by major control, we need control of the airspace for 60-80% of the time.)
So Russians either underestimated the Ukraine air defense, or are taking large risks (assuming the report of that transport being shot down is true)
LonghornDub
Order 227 by Josef Stalin to the Soviet Army defending Moscow: "Not one step back!"

Zelenskyy needs to issue a similar order. I can't stand Joe Biden and am a charter member of the FJB club, but…..

Remember: The Ukraine was the breadbasket and a vital and integral part of our mortal enemy for 70 years. Kruschev, Brezhnev, and Chernenko were born or grew up in the Ukraine. In numbers of ICBM's (most aimed at us) the Ukraine ranked 3rd in the world. Recently they bribed the son of our Vice President with more than $1,000,000 per year director fees for influence in our government.

While I like pulling for the underdog and hate that Biden has made us look weak in the eyes of China, Iran, and the rest of the world, this is an internecine conflict which may weaken both

FJB

God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

aggiehawg
AG
Has Putin gone round the bend?

Quote:

Looking dead-eyed into the camera on Friday, Vladimir Putin gave one of the most bizarre speeches of his 22 years as Russia's leader, a directive that managed to sound alarming even in a week when he has ordered tanks into Ukraine and missile strikes on Kyiv.

"Once again I speak to the Ukrainian soldiers," he said, addressing his enemy. "Do not allow neo-Nazis and Banderites to use your children, your wives and the elderly as a human shield. Take power into your own hands. It seems that it will be easier for us to come to an agreement than with this gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis."
Link

He's begging the Ukrainian military to mutiny?
richardag
FireAg said:

TChaney said:

Should have been done WEEKS ago…
Poll numbers must be out.

The Democratic Party leadership is amoral and unethical.
Polaris75
Ukraine is 8 hours ahead of us. It is 2am there.
redline248
AG
Isn't the current Ukrainian government a lot different than the corrupt one when Obama was president?
Sully Dog
richardag said:

FireAg said:

TChaney said:

Should have been done WEEKS ago…
Poll numbers must be out.

The Democratic Party leadership is amoral and unethical.
Way to lead from behind
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
aggiehawg
AG
redline248 said:

Isn't the current Ukrainian government a lot different than the corrupt one when Obama was president?
The President is. He's an actor and comedian, not a lifetime politician.
Sully Dog
aggiehawg said:

redline248 said:

He is way in over his head and doing admirably. They fact that he will end up murdered because he wanted a better Ukraine is an absolute tragedy.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
LonghornDub
Redline - It's obviously still corrupt. Paying Hunter BIden those prodigious sums to be a "director" is called corruption. A top aide of Romney and also others were similarly corrupted, and it continued after Obama was out of office,
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Looking dead-eyed into the camera on Friday, Vladimir Putin gave one of the most bizarre speeches of his 22 years as Russia's leader, a directive that managed to sound alarming even in a week when he has ordered tanks into Ukraine and missile strikes on Kyiv.

"Once again I speak to the Ukrainian soldiers," he said, addressing his enemy. "Do not allow neo-Nazis and Banderites to use your children, your wives and the elderly as a human shield. Take power into your own hands. It seems that it will be easier for us to come to an agreement than with this gang of drug addicts and neo-Nazis."
Link

I think the Covids has broke him.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Speaking of which. Hunter should be recalled to active duty and sent over as an advisor. "Smartest man I know"
With a history in the country.
PJYoung
AG
TChaney

Ditches and trenches are being dug on the streets of #Kyiv.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Sully Dog said:

aggiehawg said:

redline248 said:

He is way in over his head and doing admirably. They fact that he will end up murdered because he wanted a better Ukraine is an absolute tragedy.

We shall see. Stay tuned.
TChaney
FAKE REPORT

This is old footage from a few years ago of nuclear assets being moved in Moscow.
It is floating around all over social media. It looks like it's getting reposted a lot now.

This is not current footage.
LMCane
AlaskanAg99 said:

Speaking of which. Hunter should be recalled to active duty and sent over as an advisor. "Smartest man I know"
With a history in the country.
Hunter was already discharged with an "Other than Honorable" directive

he can't be called up again
WestTexAg12
AG
TChaney said:

A platoon ambush with AT4s and LAWs would be great right there.
aggiehawg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Link

With the reports about him being completely isolated during covid, have to wonder if mentally he has lost it.

Krushchev went bonkers during Suze Canal Crisis and then again in the Cuban Missile Crisis. He was "retired" in 1964.

Targeting not only Putin's but his oligarch's money and assets could result in Putin being "retired" as well. I don't think it will take two years this time though. Putin has stayed in power because he made those guys insane amounts of money and they have grown accustomed to Western style decadence.

There was an episode during Billions where Axelrod's wife asked how much of their money was protected and out of the government's reach and he says three hundred million, her reply was that it wasn't enough. Three hundred million will not be enough for these billionaires either.
TChaney
45-70Ag
AG
If Putin goes the Stalin route in not caring about the people of Russia, those oligarchs will have their assets seized by Putin and be killed. He doesn't need them to stay in power.
TChaney
Just an Ag
AG
An interesting point was made earlier today - when Putin finally topples the Uke government and installs his own puppet, what will he have? The way the population is resisting now you can bet there will be deep resentment held toward the Russians. The population will not happily be Russians. I can see Ukraine becoming a problem for Putin for a very long time.
LMCane
45-70Ag said:

The Russkies have sold S-300 to Syria and S-400 to Iran

it would be ultimate Karma to have their aircraft being shot down by their own systems
45-70Ag
AG
LMCane
Just an Ag said:

An interesting point was made earlier today - when Putin finally topples the Uke government and installs his own puppet, what will he have? The way the population is resisting now you can bet there will be deep resentment held toward the Russians. The population will not happily be Russians. I can see Ukraine becoming a problem for Putin for a very long time.

Don't count on it.

Putin and the Yeltsin regime bombed Chechnya and Grozny into rubble and killed thousands

now there are Chechens fighting for Putin against the Ukrainians

for most of the world it's a real Game of Thrones

Putin can always find some strong man to pay off to run Ukraine as Russia desires

they don't give an F about how the people feel about it.
TriAg2010
AG
Just an Ag said:

From Putin's speech before the invasion, I didn't get the sense that he plans to install a Ukrainian puppet government. I got the impression Putin wants Ukraine as *part* of Russia. I'm sure there will be complaint political offices appointed at the municipal and state (or oblast or whatever) level, but I don't think Putin's intention is for Ukraine to persist as a nationality.
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Link

With the reports about him being completely isolated during covid, have to wonder if mentally he has lost it.

Krushchev went bonkers during Suze Canal Crisis and then again in the Cuban Missile Crisis. He was "retired" in 1964.

Targeting not only Putin's but his oligarch's money and assets could result in Putin being "retired" as well. I don't think it will take two years this time though. Putin has stayed in power because he made those guys insane amounts of money and they have grown accustomed to Western style decadence.

There was an episode during Billions where Axelrod's wife asked how much of their money was protected and out of the government's reach and he says three hundred million, her reply was that it wasn't enough. Three hundred million will not be enough for these billionaires either.

I think some on here are falling for American propaganda or just ignorant of history-

the Oligarchs didn't break Putin- he broke THEM.

in 2001 and 2002 he brought them into meetings and read them the riot act that they were the cause of the problems for Russia in the 1990s.

why do you think so many of them live outside Russia?

who do the Spetsnatz and the GRU take orders from- Putin or the oligarchs?
LMCane
TriAg2010 said:

Just an Ag said:

From Putin's speech before the invasion, I didn't get the sense that he plans to install a Ukrainian puppet government. I got the impression Putin wants Ukraine as *part* of Russia. I'm sure there will be complaint political offices appointed at the municipal and state (or oblast or whatever) level, but I don't think Putin's intention is for Ukraine to persist as a nationality.
it's no different than Khadyrov controlling Chechnya and reporting back to Putin
aggiehawg
AG
LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Link

I think some on here are falling for American propaganda or just ignorant of history-

the Oligarchs didn't break Putin- he broke THEM.

in 2001 and 2002 he brought them into meetings and read them the riot act that they were the cause of the problems for Russia in the 1990s.

why do you think so many of them live outside Russia?

who do the Spetsnatz and the GRU take orders from- Putin or the oligarchs?
Because it would be harder for him to poison them? Or compromise their security?

Putin kills his enemies.
PJYoung
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.