***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,641 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TRM said:

Did they run out of blankets?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Walking across Siberia. In winter.

We should stage from Little Diomede Island.
TRM
AG
deddog said:

TRM said:

We're responsible for the blankets.
MJ20/20
AG
deddog said:

TRM said:

France is following up with Hot Cocoa later this week.
JABQ04
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

The Shank Ag said:

TChaney said:

As a dad with a daughter about that age and a newborn son, that one hits the feels

This made the rounds on the internet yesterday. Not only did it hit me like a ton of bricks, it kept me up at night.

I've got a five year old and two year old.

While not the same situation as Ukraine, I left my family 3 times to go to war. The last time had them just drop me off at our unit, gave hugs and kisses and had them leave. That was by far the hardest part and I didn't want several hours of crying and waiting around. Glad i don't have to do that anyMore
45-70Ag
AG
That ***** John Kerry isnt going to like this.

45-70Ag
AG
PJYoung
AG
Womackster
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

k20dub said:

Truck driver that just left our shop in Houston told us he's been hauling military tanks up to Alaska the last few weeks and showed us pictures.
We should definitely be staging Alaska. If we had an competence in DC right now, seeing how long the Ukes can drag out the Russians in Ukraine; it would be the perfect storm to hit Moscow from their east. This would stop all of this madness for good.

PJYoung
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/24/world/europe/putin-russia-ukraine.html

Quote:

Ksenia Sobchak, another television celebrity whose father was mayor of St. Petersburg and a 1990s mentor to Mr. Putin, posted on Instagram that from now on she would only "believe in the worst possible scenarios" about her country's future. Days earlier, she had praised Mr. Putin as a "grown-up, adequate politician" compared to his Ukrainian and American counterparts.

"We are now all trapped in this situation," she wrote on Thursday. "There is no exit. We Russians will spend many years digging out from the consequences of this day."

During the pandemic, analysts had noticed a change in Mr. Putin a man who isolated himself in a bubble of social distancing without parallel among Western leaders. In isolation, he appeared to become more aggrieved and more emotional, and increasingly spoke about his mission in stark historical terms. His public remarks descended ever deeper into distorted historiography as he spoke of the need to right perceived historical wrongs suffered by Russia over the centuries at the hands of the West.

The political scientist Gleb O. Pavlovsky, a close adviser to Mr. Putin until falling out with him in 2011, said he was stunned by the president's dark description of Ukraine as a dire threat to Russia in his hourlong speech to the nation on Monday.

"I have no clue where he got all that he seems to be reading something totally strange," Mr. Pavlovsky said. "He's become an isolated man, more isolated than Stalin was."

Ms. Stanovaya, the analyst, said she now felt that Mr. Putin's heightened obsession with history in recent years had become key to understanding his motivation. After all, the war against Ukraine appeared impossible to explain strategically, since it had no clear resolution and would inevitably only increase anti-Russian sentiment abroad and escalate Russia's confrontation with the NATO alliance.

"Putin has brought himself to a place in which he sees it as more important, more interesting, more compelling to fight for restoring historical justice than for Russia's strategic priorities,"
Ms. Stanovaya said. "This morning, I realized that a certain shift has taken place."

She said that by all appearances, the ruling elite around Mr. Putin did not realize that Thursday's war was coming, and was uncertain about how to respond. Beyond state television personalities and pro-Kremlin politicians, few prominent Russians spoke out in support of the war.

But that, she said, did not mean that Mr. Putin risked any kind of palace coup, given his tight hold on the country's sprawling security apparatus and his expansive crackdown on dissent over the last year.

"He can still act for a long time," Ms. Stanovaya said. "Inside Russia, he is practically secure from political risk."
45-70Ag
AG

Not good.
PJYoung
AG
45-70Ag said:

Not good.

Or else what? They take on most of the world? Over Finland?
crowman2010
AG
Womackster said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

k20dub said:

Truck driver that just left our shop in Houston told us he's been hauling military tanks up to Alaska the last few weeks and showed us pictures.
We should definitely be staging Alaska. If we had an competence in DC right now, seeing how long the Ukes can drag out the Russians in Ukraine; it would be the perfect storm to hit Moscow from their east. This would stop all of this madness for good.

Sure glad the Ruskies don't troll on TA...
lunchbox
TChaney
45-70Ag said:

This is the kind of crap I have been most concerned about.

You start attacking other countries ships, pulling them into the war. Then it all goes to **** from there.
OasisMan
AG
PJYoung said:

45-70Ag said:

Not good.

Have Finland/sweden never joined due to fear of a Russian attack? Or some other reason?
GAC06
AG
Finland, yeah. Sweden has been neutral historically
OasisMan
AG
TChaney said:

45-70Ag said:

This is the kind of crap I have been most concerned about.

You start attacking other countries ships, pulling them into the war. Then it all goes to **** from there.
I think everyone is afraid of Russia, including nato/Biden, so I don't think anything will come of the merchant ship bombings
akaggie05
AG
The NATO briefing just wrapped. Total deer in the headlights look.
PJYoung
AG
OK, what are we waiting on.

TChaney
FLASHBACK

BadMoonRisin
AG
Germany. And they wont or else Russia will cut off their gas
Engine10
AG
Alright let's see how this gets things cookin

TRM
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Russia turned off the gas today. That's why Germany said SWIFT sanctions are okay now.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Oh i must have missed this. Thanks.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I have seen that posted but not really linked. That would be a major step in this. I have zero sympathy for anyone in the EU. But that is a major escalation that we will feel here.
JR Ewingford
We are quickly headed for an escalation. I hope Russian people love their children coming home in boxes for this pointless war. Kill em all anyway possible now, including putting a bullet in Putins head.
ABATTBQ11
AG
PJYoung said:

45-70Ag said:

Not good.

Yeah. Ukraine is one thing. Well trained and equipped militaries designed specifically to destroy Russian equipment is something else.
FamousAgg
I want The fighting to stop, I want Russia to lose.

But, When has the US getting involved in a foreign conflict not lead to a country that hates us, terrorist factions or a tyrannical gov.

Engine10
AG
BattleGrackle said:

But, When has the US getting involved in a foreign conflict not lead to a country that hates us, terrorist factions or a tyrannical gov.

This is Europe we're talking about here though. The cultural similarities (or what we used to have) are vastly different.
Bubblez
BattleGrackle said:

Usually those countries already hated us aside from a handful of people we try to prop up.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TRM said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Russia turned off the gas today. That's why Germany said SWIFT sanctions are okay now.

Link?
FamousAgg
#bidenisadisgrace and #bidenswar
Now trending on twitter.
jetch17
AG
The more the world sanctions or tries to cut off something from Putin, the more likely he is to just throw a nuke and laugh

Zero fcks given
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I think everyone is afraid of Russia, including nato/Biden, so I don't think anything will come of the merchant ship bombings
Question: How many nukes do the NATO nations have combined.
How many does Russia have?
How many does China have?
How many do the Pakis have?
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.