***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,065,332 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GTdad said:

Faustus said:

45-70Ag said:

Does anyone think Putin stops with the Ukraine? He has no reason to stop and no one will stop him.

Not if he's addicted to the shindig.
You think if he goes beyond Ukraine he's going to win big?

If he goes beyond Ukraine, he runs up hard against NATO borders, and either we Article V Putin's ass into oblivion, or NATO ceases to function in any kind of meaningful way. One or the other.

But at this point I've given up on Putin acting in any I of logical fashion.

I was just reacting to the idea that Putin Cant Stop. .

Flippancy aside obviously he's going to stop short of going beyond Ukraine. It's not entirely clear that he can even get 2014 Ukraine back.
Rossticus
Keep lighting em up boys.
whytho987654
Agthatbuilds said:

Russia would get WIPED by nato
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eliminatus
AG

Come join us on the other thread if you have conflict updates.
JayHowdy!
Agthatbuilds said:

To bad. There are another thousand to come.

NATO will not help out.
aggiehawg
AG
Stop with the emoticons like you are cool with Putin.

We get that you love him and want a war.
AggieKO
AG
They're already weak enough for an enemy helicopter to be flying over a major city?
atmtws
AG
whytho987654 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

So, it should. Shut. It. Down. Then slap sanctions/tariffs on Russia and China (since China has been behind/provoking this). The world needs to shut them both off now rather than later. They cannot be trusted.
jabberwalkie09
AG
RangerRick9211
AG
atmtws said:

whytho987654 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

So, it should. Shut. It. Down. Then slap sanctions/tariffs on Russia and China (since China has been behind/provoking this). The world needs to shut them both off now rather than later. They cannot be trusted.

I just read the latest WSJ article on our sanctions tomorrow. Per senior official, "this is only sharp edge of what we can inflict."

Why not just plunge the knife now? What more could we be waiting to react to?
ABATTBQ11
AG
fka ftc said:

RangerRick9211 said:

fka ftc said:

Gordo14 said:

For those that still admire Putin:

You can not "admire" nor support Putin and still be of the stance that it is not our biggest problem.

If you can think independently and critically, you can see where Putin is coming from on his right to self-defense. You may not agree with his position, but maybe he knows something you do not?

Thinking independent and critically, wtf are you talking about? What's the offense from Ukraine that corresponds to a full scale invasion based on self-defense?
Are you sitting in on Putin's daily intelligence briefing? None of us has any idea what may be driving him to claim self-defense.

Maybe he is a blood-thirsty tyrant intent to claim Eurasia for Mother Russia. Maybe he saw what was in best interest for the sovereign rule of Russia and determine a territory where he used to have a puppet government is now run by another puppeteer that does NOT have his country's interest at the front and saw a strategic opportunity.

Again, you can jump to your own conclusions or you can think deeper about why someone is willing to take the actions he took tonight. The dude is motivated, but its foolish to take up for Ukraine like they are Switzerland.

He just amassed over 100,000 troops on the border of a country that didn't even come close to military parity and then invaded crEedswithout provocation. I'm going to go with Ukraine on this one and call bull**** on "self-defense." This was a well coordinated and pre-planned assault.

Claiming self-defense here is like going out and buying a gun before showing up to someone's house and breaking in to shoot them in "self-defense."
TRADUCTOR
Biden needs to give Putin an update to the exact list of what infrastructure NOT to attack with the addition of 'allies'.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TommyBrady
AG
Lets just nuke Moscow and see what happens
Rapier108
TommyBrady said:

Are you really that freaking insane?
TommyBrady
AG
Rapier108 said:

TommyBrady said:

I was more making fun of all the idiots saying NATO should start attacking Russia. Nuclear Nations should not fight each other ever.
Rapier108
TommyBrady said:

Rapier108 said:

TommyBrady said:

I was more making fun of all the idiots saying NATO should start attacking Russia. Nuclear Nations should not fight each other ever.
Just checking. Hard to keep up who is being serious about turning the keys, and who is mocking them.
deddog
AG
Is it just me, or is that KA-52 unarmed?
There was also an armored car on the ground at the start of the video. Maybe old?
fka ftc
RangerRick9211 said:

fka ftc said:

RangerRick9211 said:

fka ftc said:

Gordo14 said:

You can not "admire" nor support Putin and still be of the stance that it is not our biggest problem.

If you can think independently and critically, you can see where Putin is coming from on his right to self-defense. You may not agree with his position, but maybe he knows something you do not?

Thinking independent and critically, wtf are you talking about? What's the offense from Ukraine that corresponds to a full scale invasion based on self-defense?
Are you sitting in on Putin's daily intelligence briefing? None of us has any idea what may be driving him to claim self-defense.

Maybe he is a blood-thirsty tyrant intent to claim Eurasia for Mother Russia. Maybe he saw what was in best interest for the sovereign rule of Russia and determine a territory where he used to have a puppet government is now run by another puppeteer that does NOT have his country's interest at the front and saw a strategic opportunity.

Again, you can jump to your own conclusions or you can think deeper about why someone is willing to take the actions he took tonight. The dude is motivated, but its foolish to take up for Ukraine like they are Switzerland.

I'm not. Neither are you. So how can you "see where he is coming from?"

I haven't seen, heard, sniffed a shred of evidence on his genocide, cries for help, Nazi claims he rolled out to justify today. Hint: the deeper reason isn't self-defense.
I consider it a real possibility that he sees what he is doing in Ukraine as in the self-defense of his country and is willing, obviously, to go on offense as his best option for self-defense.

If you are going to properly assess your enemy, you have to consider what their reasons for acting against you are. Saying "but Ukraine did NOTHING to bring this on, Putin is just a big meanie man who wants to kill people" is not thinking critically about his actions.

But hey, that's my viewpoint / opinion. It does not imply in any way shape or fashion that I admire or sympathize with Putin. Quite the opposite.
Gordo14
Faustus
aggiehawg said:

Stop with the emoticons like you are cool with Putin.

We get that you love him and want a war.

Those are lyrics to a Chili Pepper song mocking the guy I quoted (Putin not stopping) and Putin, regardless of what you and whomever "we" is misconstrued.

Shades dropped out of respect while pointing that out, and snark edited before waking up and regretting up braiding my better.
jabberwalkie09
AG
whytho987654
fka ftc said:

RangerRick9211 said:

fka ftc said:

RangerRick9211 said:

fka ftc said:

Gordo14 said:

I haven't seen, heard, sniffed a shred of evidence on his genocide, cries for help, Nazi claims he rolled out to justify today. Hint: the deeper reason isn't self-defense.
I consider it a real possibility that he sees what he is doing in Ukraine as in the self-defense of his country and is willing, obviously, to go on offense as his best option for self-defense.

If you are going to properly assess your enemy, you have to consider what their reasons for acting against you are. Saying "but Ukraine did NOTHING to bring this on, Putin is just a big meanie man who wants to kill people" is not thinking critically about his actions.

But hey, that's my viewpoint / opinion. It does not imply in any way shape or fashion that I admire or sympathize with Putin. Quite the opposite.
Hes a power hungry dictator, theres your answer
GTdad
fka ftc said:

RangerRick9211 said:

fka ftc said:

RangerRick9211 said:

fka ftc said:

Gordo14 said:

I would lend Russian concerns more credence if Ukraine was close to NATO membership.

As it stands? Nah. Typical Russian bull crap.
Gordo14
BTHOtrolls
AG
This YouTube video will be a notable moment in history…

Putin announced his intention to commence strikes on Ukraine while the United Nations was in session. If you go to 1:14 mark in the video link, the Russian and Ukraine Ambasador start getting into it. The Ukraine Ambassador tells the Russian ambassador he's going to hell since Russia is the chairman of the security council, the Russia ambassador then comes back and says meeting adjourned.
44mAG
AG
What affects will this have at home? Rising gas prices for sure? Falling interest rates? Market crash? Housing market effects?
VaultingChemist
AG
We are watching a large corrupt regime (and its puppet) assaulting a smaller corrupt regime propped up by a larger but less corrupt regime.

So do Democrats still believe climate change is the greatest threat to our country now?

We need to have plans in place to defend the borders of Poland and Romania.
Gordo14
Rossticus

Got any more of them sanctions?
ABATTBQ11
AG
44mAG said:

What affects will this have at home? Rising gas prices for sure? Falling interest rates? Market crash? Housing market effects?

Joe isn't the only Democrat ****ting himself. Pretty sure November will be the worst bloodbath they've ever seen after the last 6 months of foreign policy disasters. I can't imagine anyone having any confidence at all in the party or their policies beyond the yellow dog democrats. It's going to be really hard to distance themselves from rising crime, inflation, and unchecked Russian military adventurism when they hold both houses and the executive. If they were nervous before, they're popping Xanax like candy now.
Ellis Wyatt
Rossticus said:

Got any more of them sanctions?
Hes just saving the good ones. You wait and see!
Faustus
VaultingChemist said:

We are watching a large corrupt regime (and its puppet) assaulting a smaller corrupt regime propped up by a larger but less corrupt regime.

So do Democrats still believe climate change is the greatest threat to our country now?

We need to have plans in place to defend the borders of Poland and Romania.

I say we bind them to a treaty of many nations, place bases in same, and commit to mutual defense. At least that's NATO's plan, although they've been having second thoughts about Turkey.

Edit: also I'm confused as to all the corrupt regimes. We get that you love Putin and want a war.
TRADUCTOR
All the vids I'm watching have a "Red Dawn" type feeling. Thinking the Wolverines should be making an appearance.
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.