***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,894 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Gordo14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

Rossticus said:

TyHolden said:

Foxnews is not even mentioning Russia.
CNN has it on like it is election night.
Something doesn't add up.

Tucker has been going hard on "Eff Ukraine" so I assume that whoever dictates content either doesn't want to generate sympathy for them or they truly feel that a significant enough portion of their viewership is anti-Ukrainian and don't care. My best guess. Who knows.

No, it's like some networks planned for this as if they already knew. They've been camped out there for weeks waiting for the show. It's weird. Feels planned, scripted, etc.

Invasions of this size and scale take a significant amount of time to coordinate logistically. If you've been paying attention at all to US intelligence this almost happened 11 months ago. Then it became clear this was the likely direction 2 months ago. In the mean time Russia was bringing thousands of tanks from places like Siberia. That takes time. So it's not hard to realize how the media got their weeks before it happened. A couple anchors and a camera crew are a lot more mobile than an army.
TyHolden
AG
Gordo14 said:

TyHolden said:

Rossticus said:

TyHolden said:

Tucker has been going hard on "Eff Ukraine" so I assume that whoever dictates content either doesn't want to generate sympathy for them or they truly feel that a significant enough portion of their viewership is anti-Ukrainian and don't care. My best guess. Who knows.

No, it's like some networks planned for this as if they already knew. They've been camped out there for weeks waiting for the show. It's weird. Feels planned, scripted, etc.

Invasions of this size and scale take a significant amount of time to coordinate logistically. If you've been paying attention at all to US intelligence this almost happened 11 months ago. Then it became clear this was the likely direction 2 months ago. In the mean time Russia was bringing thousands of tanks from places like Siberia. That takes time. So it's not hard to realize how the media got their weeks before it happened. A couple anchors and a camera crew are a lot more mobile than an army.
yeah but some are ignoring it completely. Why is that?
Faustus
Gordo14 said:

TyHolden said:

Rossticus said:

TyHolden said:

He's been pushing the narrative that it's all theater being performed to benefit libs for a while, and he's not backing down regardless of what Putin does.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3272354/replies/61485181

Quote:

MSM: Biden saves the World.

Nobel peace prize ensues.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3268478/replies/61365780

Quote:

If Russia backs down now, a Nobel Peace prize is certainly in order for Brandon.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3273684/replies/61526657

Quote:

According to MSM, Russia has been wanting to invade every day for the last 2 weeks. **** or get off the pot Putin!

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3273684/replies/61526683

Quote:

You'll see it when MSM is good and ready to show it to you…

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3248046/replies/61534102

Quote:

Why is only MSM concerned about this?

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3248046/replies/61534600

Quote:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3248046/replies/61534735

Quote:

Quote:

Not a Bot
AG
Goldman Sachs predicting 6% drop in S&P if Russia launches full scale invasion, worse drop in Europe and Japan.
RedNeckGamer88
AG
Because we will not fight Russia and nor should we.
TyHolden
AG
Then explain it to me like I'm 5. Why would Fox ignore a YUGE event like this?

And yes I believe MOST of MSM is theater….
Fightin2010
AG
I have watched tons of Ukraine coverage on Fox. What are y'all getting at?
TyHolden
AG
Fightin2010 said:

They ain't covering it 24x7 like MSM right now
TRM
AG
I don't think Fox News is going to cutaway from their primetime line up unless they have actual footage of the invasion and fighting.
joerobert_pete06
AG
TyHolden said:

I think because majority of the country supports no US involvement. Hence support for LGB
Not a Bot
AG
They don't ever cut away from Tucker, even on election night. Not really enough happening (at least visibly) that isn't already known right now.
Fightin2010
AG
They're the only ones actually covering the other mega event ie Canadian tyranny and Durham. Flipped on CNN the other day out of curiosity and it was all Ukraine and January 6th (LOL).
YouBet
AG
Tucker was focused on Canada tonight which frankly should be a much bigger deal to Americans than Ukraine and I've said as much already. This deal in Canada is a game changer. They've just gotten away with shutting their own citizens out of society. And they announced they are planning to make Trudeaus newly acquired "war powers" permanent and larger in scope.

I'm also not going to be so naive as to think Tucker wasn't covering Ukraine on purpose if that was convenient for him not to. Not terribly familiar with what he's said lately on Biden and Ukraine though because I haven't watched him in a while.
YouBet
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Goldman Sachs predicting 6% drop in S&P if Russia launches full scale invasion, worse drop in Europe and Japan.

While they probably aren't wrong with that prediction (because it's pretty obvious), Goldmans is a joke.
Rapier108
Dow futures down around 500.
Nasdaq down around 300.
Rossticus
Just heard via a podcast that NATO plans to convene North Atlantic Council along with Zelensky in Lviv this week to consider potential venues for Ukrainian assistance should Putin attempt a complete grab of Ukraine. Not sure what the hell they could do this late in the clock but putting it out there.
Premium
AG
Rossticus said:

Just heard via a podcast that NATO plans to convene North Atlantic Council along with Zelensky in Lviv this week to consider potential venues for Ukrainian assistance should Putin attempt a complete grab of Ukraine. Not sure what the hell they could do this late in the clock but putting it out there.

Biden 4D chess. While Russia invades Ukraine from the West, we invade from Alaska in the East into Siberia. Check mate! Moscow down!
Faustus
TyHolden said:

The simple answer is that they wouldn't. Here are some videos/articles posted/shown in the last 24 hours, and it's not all that were on Foxnews' in the last day - I just grew bored cutting and pasting them. I assume the videos were shown on the network, although I haven't watched.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-gabbard-kamala-harris-russia-remarks-embarrassing

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6298443580001

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-us-interests-russia-ukraine-conflict-christian-whiton

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jesse-watters-biden-ukraine-problems-america

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6298439503001

https://www.foxnews.com/media/patraeus-putin-russia-ukraine-conflict-shock-and-awe

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6298431947001

https://www.foxnews.com/media/putin-biden-summit-ukraine-keith-kellogg

https://www.foxnews.com/media/steve-hilton-joe-biden-weakness-russia-vladimir-putin
sharpdressedman
TyHolden said:

Fightin2010 said:

They ain't covering it 24x7 like MSM right now
I suspect that the non Fox MSM are desperate for the ratings bump that accompanies war coverage.
Gordo14
TyHolden said:

Gordo14 said:

TyHolden said:

Rossticus said:

TyHolden said:

I don't know. Why is Tucker Carlson hitting all lf the Russian state media talking points and being regularly highlighted on Russian State Media?

I don't think it's a coincidence that some personalities on Fox have talking points line up with Russian propoganda/not talk about it much. I am not saying that they are in Russian pockets, but if you think about Fox media for the last 5 years, they have: implied that no news is trustworthy so only pay attention to them (Russian Propoganda is very similar - I mean you can't trust anybody), you've had the effort to at least downplay the Russian influence in the 2016 election, you've got the Hunter Biden in Ukraine story (heavily discussed on Fox in favor of Russia abstractly), you've got the Ukraine arms deals/Trump tapes that led to the first impeachment of Trump (again heavily discussed on Fox in favor of Russia indirectly), and then the idea of our elections were rigged (something Russia loves to perpetuate as well because it undermines Democracy as a whole) discussed heavily on Fox. I don't bring these things up to really talk about them individually, but you can see how in a way Fox has been very aligned with Russian interests since 2015. Talking about the Russian invasion of a democratic, sovereign, and peaceful Ukraine kind of undermines some of their overall message. This is part of why you've had people come to this thread and say "Ukraine isn't a Democracy" or "Serves the MSM right I'm cheering for Russia" or "Biden is manufacturing the crisis" or "Biden is trying to cause World War 3 by sending Americans [to NATO countries]" or even the general mistrust of US intelligence and NATO intentions (at least until the last 24-48 hours). CNN is just as bad about it's messaging and story generally speaking, but that's a subject for other issues. The point is Fox has gotten more aligned with Russia on issues unrelated to this conflict and as a result is unable to message this story to their audience in an honest and acceptable way - that's just my opinion. If this was China invading Taiwan, Fox would be all over it.

I feel like Reagan would be rolling in his grave if he saw how many Republicans openly cheer on an autocratic Russia over American interests. I may think our president is dumb about a lot of issues, but I will NEVER wish bad things for America or it's allies and friends just because I disagree with the president. In addition, I will never mindlessly call him weak in a low-effort attempt to win some political points... This is bigger than Biden or Kamala inacting some dumb policy or something; this is about global security and conflict for the next 100 years and we have to win. Russia and China cannot win or all of the things we ***** about with Biden's policies will be child's play.

Crisises like these can be big wakeup calls. Hopefully this swings the pendulum in America away from Isolationism (because no matter what we do global events matter - leaving creates a vacuum that bad actors will exploit) and away from populism (because blind ideology and divisiveness is an unsustainable outcome - we need rational, calculated, and thoughtful policy to succeed). This needs to be a bit of unifying wake up call and hopefully a common enemy is the key.
Jock 07
AG
Didn't read that manifesto and haven't paid a ton of attention to TC's take on this but hasn't he essentially say why are we so concerned about a foreign country's border when our southern border has been leaking like a sieve? Not sure you can really argue with that
Rossticus
Jock 07 said:

Didn't read that manifesto and haven't paid a ton of attention to TC's take on this but hasn't he essentially say why are we so concerned about a foreign country's border when our southern border has been leaking like a sieve? Not sure you can really argue with that

To begin, that's a logical fallacy. Neither one must necessarily preclude the other. Old Jedi mind trick.
12th Man
AG
Rossticus said:

Jock 07 said:

To begin, that's a logical fallacy. Neither one must necessarily preclude the other. Old Jedi mind trick.

Maybe neither "must" preclude the other, but our reality is that one HAS precluded the other: the dementia-addled houseplant whom we have in the White House cares waaaaay more about Ukraine's border than he does ours.
W
AG
as previously mentioned...Ukraine is not a sympathetic country.

and/or Ukraine's leaders have done a very poor job of generating sympathy for their country / for their plight
Rossticus
Rossticus
12th Man said:

Rossticus said:

Jock 07 said:

Maybe neither "must" preclude the other, but our reality is that one HAS precluded the other: the dementia-addled houseplant whom we have in the White House cares waaaaay more about Ukraine's border than he does ours.

It's Biden and the Dems. They're going to ignore the border no matter what is going on, so let's try not to **** this up and get any more civs killed than necessary.

Let's not act like Biden would otherwise focus on ANYTHING that we want him to if he ignores Ukraine. We know otherwise. But we can still MAYBE do good in the lives of good people until we get someone back in the presidency who'll focus on the domestic issues that we need him to.
FJB
AG
Biden cares about Biden. Ukrainians, like our own people in Afghanistan, or the truckers in Canada, or the Aussie population in Australia, are on their own.

Sucks but we have scumbags as "leaders".
Rossticus
Indeed
Rossticus
FJB
AG
Ten people screams staged. It also signals who is in charge there too.

If the new "DRP" really wanted to stay with Ukraine they'd demonstrate that in some capacity by putting this "celebration" down or countering it.
Rossticus
FJB said:

Ten people screams staged. It also signals who is in charge there too.

If the new "DRP" really wanted to stay with Ukraine they'd demonstrate that in some capacity by putting this "celebration" down or countering it.

If they did they'd be shot at this point. That area is swamped with separatist militants and, by now, Russian regulars. Everyone else is hunkered down at home trying to stay out of trouble.
Rossticus
Poopy Joe better get his, well, poop together. Even some of his folks are getting tired of his dicking around. Not good for him politically. Maybe the pressure will force him to grow a spine.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Recap of yesterday's events summarized below as taken from link. Further analysis, stories and prior days' occurrences at the link:

https://ukraineworld.org/articles/russian-aggression/escalation

21 February, key updates over the past days:
Putin recognized "independence" of so-called "DNR" and "LNR".

A vital question is: which "borders" Russia will consider as "their" borders.

If in administrative borders of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, Russia can attack Ukrainian government-controlled territories to "de-occupy" them.

Other points made by Putin during his speech at Russia's Security Council:

-- blames Ukraine for everything: aggression, terrorism, attack on Russians, restrictions of Russian church.

-- blames Ukraine for being "Nazi" and for "genocide"

-- blames Western "curators" for possibly helping Ukraine to get nuclear weapons

-- says that direction of Ukrainian armed forces is done from NATO headquarters

-- says Ukraine-NATO joint military drills aimed to accumulate NATO troops on Ukrainian territory

-- mentions Russia's "rights" on "Novorossia": vast Ukrainian lands in South and East which Kremlin considers as Russian territories

-- On Crimea: says Ukraine, under West's support, back "terrorists" and "radical islamists" in Crimea.

-- says Nato wants to turn Ukraine into a location for missiles directed against Russia

-- says U.S. and NATO want to deter Russia's "development"

-- says Ukraine wants a "blitzkrieg" to reconquer Donbas

Russia is planning "terrorist acts" on occupied territories of Donbas, targeting "civilians as victims", said Ukraine's army chief commander Valeriy Zaluzhnyi. This can serve as a pretext for Russian intervention as "peacekeepers," he added.

Ukraine commemorates Heavenly Hundred Heroes on 20 February: people who fought and died on Maidan during the Revolution of Dignity in 2013-2014, including in the most tragic days of 18-20 February. Ukraine remembers you all
Rossticus
This is a long ass thread but if you want to know more about how Russia, over time, maneuvered to this point, read it.

First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.