***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,067,068 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clob94 said:

Question for those in the know---

If me and some of my buddies decide we want to head over to the Ukraine and "volunteer" for the Ukrainian "defense" forces, could anybody back home prosecuted us for anything if we came back in one piece?

If you're not one bit concerned about being caught or killed by the Ruskys, why would you care about what happens when ( if) you make it back? Doesn't seem to bother people crossing our border illegally, people burning down America or assaulting Asian Americans.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Clob94 said:

If me and some of my buddies decide we want to head over to the Ukraine and "volunteer" for the Ukrainian "defense" forces, could anybody back home prosecuted us for anything if we came back in one piece?
La Bamba
AG
Details of the sanctions are out

aggiehawg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I've been following on and off today. Is my summary of the situation correct?

-russia recognized independence of two separatist parts of Ukraine
- Russia is moving troops into those areas
-putin gave an hour long hitleresque speech claiming Ukraine is a failed state that should never been it's own nation and should be a part of Russia.
- Russia continues to try to find new reasons to justify war
-the west is collectively going to enact sanctions on Russia but otherwise shrug it shoulders

Consequences
- Ukraine can either cede its territory to Russia or fight it out, and it appears that it will cede territory
-nato/un have no real recourse but to whine

Judging by putins statements, it doesn't appear to me only taking the separatist regions is where this ends. He said Ukraine is Russia. It sort thebstage for a full takeover. The sanctions only make it more likely, imo.

Pretty much. I will add that Putin's speech sounded exactly like what Hitler was saying about the Sudetenland. Putin said Ukraine were their "ancient lands."

Nisht gut.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

Answer to who? Ukraine's imaginary friend?

Maybe the business end of an AK/Javelin/Stinger because I think this is the natural end of normal diplomacy and Ukraine is about to enter the diplomacy by another means. Someone should probably tell Zelensky that though…

Clob94
45-70Ag said:

redcrayon said:

Clob94 said:

Stop. You aren't doing any such thing.

Yeah if you're going to ruck up and go throw down against the Russians, document it and post here.

But since you're not, just stop.
We were actually cracking wise about this earlier today. We are all in our 40s now and it would be unwise to do so. But we were curious if we'd be charged with anything by the US if we made it home.

Nothing wrong with curiosity.
fordmd
AG
eerily similar ...and China's conquest desires for the Pacific fall in line with Japan's circa 1920's. a new Axis of evil has gone from imagined to almost realized...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
Your age is the least of the reasons why that's absurd
hunter2012
AG
fordmd said:

eerily similar ...and China's conquest desires for the Pacific fall in line with Japan's circa 1920's. a new Axis of evil has gone from imagined to almost realized...
This is exactly what I was thinking. Taiwan is on deck and the supply of computer chips in the west is about to be choked off entirely. Because our leaders are feckless cowards that no dictator or President is afraid of.
Who?mikejones!
At this point, I dont see why putin would stop taking lands he wants.

He already planned on sanctions and I'm sure China will be there for him. Plus, if a state has already said they won't go beyond sanctions, then what's left to consider?

The progressive world leaders are about to get punched in the nose by someone who does not care one iota about gender, climate change, equity and so forth. They might learn that none of that stuff really matters in a world that isn't as peaceful as they remember.

But they will do what they always do, ignore it. Out of sight, out of mind. They will treat it the way they treat other problem children like North Korea, China, Cuba, canada (ha) and so on.
Whirligigs
hunter2012 said:

fordmd said:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Taiwan is on deck and the supply of computer chips in the west is about to be choked off entirely. Because our leaders are feckless cowards that no dictator or President is afraid of.

Yup - and nobody seems to be concerned about this. We lose chips - it will get bad … fast.
aggiehawg
AG
fordmd said:

The similarities are there.

The US and Japan were fighting over gasoline and oil before WWII. Hitler went into north Africa for the same reason. Energy drives a lot of geopolitical decisions. One of the reasons that nuclear energy plants became as popular as they were. And peace, shaky at times but still prevailed.

Now, nuclear power plants have been taken offline. Fossil fuels are once again of supreme importance.

And the same tensions are rising again, only much more acute in terms of energy requirements.
Who?mikejones!
Whirligigs said:

hunter2012 said:

fordmd said:

Yup - and nobody seems to be concerned about this. We lose chips - it will get bad … fast.

And when it comes to a head, we will probably be woefully under prepared, just like in 1941 and 1917
Sharpshooter
AG
aggiehawg said:

fordmd said:

The US and Japan were fighting over gasoline and oil before WWII. Hitler went into north Africa for the same reason. Energy drives a lot of geopolitical decisions. One of the reasons that nuclear energy plants became as popular as they were. And peace, shaky at times but still prevailed.

Now, nuclear power plants have been taken offline. Fossil fuels are once again of supreme importance.

And the same tensions are rising again, only much more acute in terms of energy requirements.
Good points which beg the question, why did FJB end our energy independence.
YouBet
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

Maybe the business end of an AK/Javelin/Stinger because I think this is the natural end of normal diplomacy and Ukraine is about to enter the diplomacy by another means. Someone should probably tell Zelensky that though…

Parent's have been in contact with our Ukrainian friend over there. She's in denial as well. She thinks Putin won't do it. Welp, looks like he already has.
flakrat
AG
YouBet said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

Parent's have been in contact with our Ukrainian friend over there. She's in denial as well. She thinks Putin won't do it. Welp, looks like he already has.

Do it, as in push to the Dnieper, or cross it?
YouBet
AG
flakrat said:

YouBet said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

Attack period. She's from Donetsk but currently lives in Kyiv so she may have Kyiv bubble bias. I don't know.
aggiehawg
AG
Sharpshooter said:

aggiehawg said:

fordmd said:

He was told to do so.

Trump has us energy independent. Globalists can't have that.

As much time, research, energy I have spent on the Election Day thread, the one claim that I always had the most serious doubts about was the foreign computer stuff wit our election results going to Frankfort and that stuff.

Now? May have to revisit. Confused.
jabberwalkie09
AG
flakrat said:

YouBet said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

I realize this wasn't meant to me, but the Donbas region is still sovereign Ukrainian land. Where's the line? Is Ukraine being invaded? I mean, if it looks like a rose and smells like a rose, it must be a rose.

Just my 2 cents.
Sharpshooter
AG
aggiehawg said:

Sharpshooter said:

aggiehawg said:

fordmd said:

He was told to do so.

Trump has us energy independent. Globalists can't have that.

As much time, research, energy I have spent on the Election Day thread, the one claim that I always had the most serious doubts about was the foreign computer stuff wit our election results going to Frankfort and that stuff.

Now? May have to revisit. Confused.
torrid
AG
Clob94 said:

I think it is illegal for American citizens to join the military of a foreign nation, though there seems to be some sort of exemption for Israel and the IDF.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

flakrat said:

YouBet said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

I realize this wasn't meant to me, but the Donbas region is still sovereign Ukrainian land. Where's the line? Is Ukraine being invaded? I mean, if it looks like a rose and smells like a rose, it must be a rose.

Just my 2 cents.

The line is either wherever Putin decides it is or where Ukrainians decide they're ready to start dying. Doesn't look like anyone else is going to take initiative to figure into the equation.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
torrid said:

Clob94 said:

I think it is illegal for American citizens to join the military of a foreign nation, though there seems to be some sort of exemption for Israel and the IDF.

Seems it's not illegal unless the person was recruited/enlisted in the foreign military while still stateside. Could potentially cause loss of citizenship in certain circumstances though like if said force engages in hostilities against the US or you serve as an officer in a foreign nations military.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/Advice-about-Possible-Loss-of-US-Nationality-Dual-Nationality/Loss-US-Nationality-and-Foreign-Military-Service.html
aezmvp
Seeing multiple reports of jamming of mobile networks in Eastern Ukraine outside the occupied zone.
jabberwalkie09
AG
aezmvp said:

Seeing multiple reports of jamming of mobile networks in Eastern Ukraine outside the occupied zone.

Just saw that too.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I see this as two things: 1) wonderful, **** them; and 2) giving the Russians a reason to turn off the internet in the region.

GAC06
AG

Means we're close
FamousAgg
Russian market down 17%

https://m.economictimes.com/markets/stocks/news/russian-market-cracks-17-as-ukraine-tensions-intensify-europe-jittery/articleshow/89730603.cms
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Seems it's not illegal unless the person was recruited/enlisted in the foreign military while still stateside. Could potentially cause loss of citizenship in certain circumstances though like if said force engages in hostilities against the US or you serve as an officer in a foreign nations military.
Mercs don't care about that. They didn't in the late 70s, they don't now.
YouBet
AG
French Foreign Legion FTW! Do it!
jabberwalkie09
AG
GAC06 said:

Means we're close

If it turns out to be 0400 Moscow, roughly 30 minutes ago, then it's been known for a long time…

mts6175
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

At this point, I dont see why putin would stop taking lands he wants.

He already planned on sanctions and I'm sure China will be there for him. Plus, if a state has already said they won't go beyond sanctions, then what's left to consider?

The progressive world leaders are about to get punched in the nose by someone who does not care one iota about gender, climate change, equity and so forth. They might learn that none of that stuff really matters in a world that isn't as peaceful as they remember.

But they will do what they always do, ignore it. Out of sight, out of mind. They will treat it the way they treat other problem children like North Korea, China, Cuba, canada (ha) and so on.
Honestly, maybe that punch in the nose is what we need.....
45-70Ag
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

GAC06 said:

Means we're close

If it turns out to be 0400 Moscow, roughly 30 minutes ago, then it's been known for a long time…

Honestly, he needs to be killed.
Gaw617
And Biden does nothing. He is weak, he thinks Americans are weak. Thank you to all the suburban liberal white females for this train wreck.
flakrat
AG
Who is Zhirik addressing? Russian law makers?
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.