***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,067,331 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Annnnnd there's the gauntlet.
Just an Ag
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Incursion into Ukraine under the guise of "peacekeeping operation." Well played, Vlad.
Malachi Constant
AG
McInnis 03 said:

aTmAg
AG
LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

Biden could put an end to this right now by flat out declaring an invasion of Ukraine means all out war. Stick F-22s, F35s, F15s, F16s, and A10s nearby and say we will use our air power to it's full effect to repel any invasion. By projecting weakness, he is encouraging Putin (and others).

That's insanity and the destruction of a large part of the us military

You think the leftists are going to join up to invade Ukraine to liberate them from Russia?!? This isn't a call of duty game- you are literally discussing a potential nuclear exchange
You guys are clearly ignorant of history.

Putin knows our airpower is so dominating that he would never dream of invading if he was convinced we would use it against him. You guys want to convince him we wouldn't. Which is the EXACT opposite thing to do.

People like you claimed Reagan was going to start a war by being so smashmouth with the Soviets. History proved him right, and you wrong.
Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld - is that you?

Yeah, I'm ignorant of history. I only have a Bachelors in military history, have traveled to 37 countries, lived overseas, and spent 10 years in the Air Force Intelligence Branch (serving at the Pentagon on the Joint Chiefs of Staff as a LT).

what are your bona fides again?
So lets get this straight... you said a few pages ago:
Quote:

Quote:

Seems like a really good time to take out a lot of Russian weapons since they are sitting there all in rows.

If this thing is going to go hot, that is.
been saying this for the last week
So you suggest we take out Russian weapons that are sitting there in rows (which would make us the aggressor) and start a war, yet criticize me for suggesting we deploy enough firepower to KEEP A WAR FROM EVER STARTING.

Dude... I don't give a crap how impressive you think being a LT on the JCoS is. That is just idiocy.

And people who have been here long enough know my history. Besides saying it involves intel and defense for over 20 years, I'm not going to spell it out here.
Charpie
AG
Sure you do.
45-70Ag
AG
The internet and all things electronic will go silent there before too long.
Jayhawk
Irish 2.0 said:

No matter one's thoughts on the subject, seeing a column of Ukrainian soldiers heading north out of Kiev in the middle of a cold night to go defend their country against terrible odds, is tragic and also makes you proud to be a man.
LMCane
45-70Ag said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Half ass effort that will accomplish nothing. The people of Ukraine are ****ed.
kind of sounds like Joe Biden discussing "a limited invasion" from a few weeks ago.

it's just the tip I swear!
MaxPower
When does Putin recognize the Republic of Texas? That's all I give a sh@! about.
Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09
AG
Seeing this floated around on Twitter. No exact confirmation yet…

45-70Ag
AG
Hopefully several dead Russians.
javajaws
AG
LMCane said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Right on cue. I'm thinking these movements started as soon as Putin started his speech.
it is pretty amazing that for a "poor" country as the White House refers to Russia, they sure are able to stage a cr@p ton of military equipment throughout Syria and Ukraine and Belarus
Military equipment doesn't have to be terribly expensive. Especially ground equipment. Its just expensive in western/capitalist countries because there is money to be made selling it and that industry has to compete with the private sector as well (for labor and materials, etc).

On top of that, when you (as a country) make your own crap and have the industrial capacity to make your own metals it can be even cheaper.
mazag08
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Seeing this floated around on Twitter. No exact confirmation yet…

Aliens are on Russia's side. *****
Irish 2.0

Anyone brushed up on their Cyrillic lately?
Engine10
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

***** It's on now. Let's pray clearer heads prevail and find a way to de-escalate.
jabberwalkie09
AG
aTmAg
AG
But Ag4Life promised us that Russia would never step foot in Ukraine.
will25u
rgag12
AG
So it seems like the table is now set.

Now that Russia has declared the two regions independent, he can send in his forces and it will be up to Ukraine to start operations and firing on the Russians. Putin's guess, and my guess too, is that Ukraine will not fire and just hold their positions.

Soon, the two independent regions will announce referendums to join Russia, and then be annexed. All this without a shot being fired, and only economic sanctions being levied (Which will quietly go away after several years).
Picard
AG
Sounds like the Olympics are over

flakrat
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

Rossticus said:

If there was a time for Biden to have a dementia rage moment now is it. Any day now Brandon. Suck it up buttercup.
I dare Biden to call Putin a dog-faced pony soldier, followed by a "Come on pal".
Or "Putin, you're ass my dude!"
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Ballsy. I hope they somehow prevail. A lot of good people are about to die terrible deaths.
Eliminatus
AG
aTmAg said:

But Ag4Life promised us that Russia would never step foot in Ukraine.

Among several others.

Foolish claims. How anyone here could ever hope to predict what a Russian is going to do is flat out laughable. I gave up trying to call them out.
DTP02
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

To me this reads that we are willing to hold off on the most impactful sanctions to see if there is an attempt to push on Kiev and greater Ukraine or if Russia just takes the recently recognized "autonomous" border regions. This essentially signals that we're willing to ultimately accept Russia taking the border regions.
Irish 2.0
Jock 07
AG
Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Anyone have any speculation on what this is indicative of?

Purely speculative but my guess would be emergency evacuations
flakrat
AG
45-70Ag said:

Putin needs to be killed. **** it, he has the ability and desire to start a broad war and should be killed.
Don't make him Archduke Ferdinand!
LMCane
not sure if posted but some video clips of Putin laying out his strategy from today.

good thing Biden approved of Germany moving forward with NordStream 2, when it was Trump who was blocking that pipeline for years.

Crazy Vlad Lecturing his students in PoliSci
rgag12
AG
DTP02 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

To me this reads that we are willing to hold off on the most impactful sanctions to see if there is an attempt to push on Kiev and greater Ukraine or just take the recently recognized "autonomous" border regions. This essentially signals that we're willing to ultimately accept Russia taking the border regions.

Joe hinted at this back when he let slip he didn't really care about "minor" border fights
will25u
74OA
AG
Good background on the latest de facto Russian annexation of more of Ukraine: Donbas
LMCane
flakrat said:

45-70Ag said:

Putin needs to be killed. **** it, he has the ability and desire to start a broad war and should be killed.
Don't make him Archduke Ferdinand!
LMAO

okay, as if it's so easy to just kill the leader of the Russian Federation.

you do realize that there is an ACTUAL LAW in the United States against assassinating political leaders?!
will25u
Irish 2.0
DTP02 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

To me this reads that we are willing to hold off on the most impactful sanctions to see if there is an attempt to push on Kiev and greater Ukraine or if Russia just takes the recently recognized "autonomous" border regions. This essentially signals that we're willing to ultimately accept Russia taking the border regions.
DING, DING, DING!!!

Everyone was prepared to offer up Donbas. Putin decided he can just take it though. This gives Putin the win for Russia and gives the others the win of "Well it wasn't Kiev."
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.