***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,067,042 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sooooo… can we not make fun of *Russia, Russia, Russia* any more? Too soon?
Rossticus
45-70Ag said:

Yeah. Same old stuff. He does need to be killed.

Rod from God on his ass right now. Blame it on a rogue meteor.
Rapier108
HTownAg98 said:

Russians have the biggest victim mentality complex of any nation on Earth.

Goes all the way back to having their asses kicked for ~500 years.
Irish 2.0
Finally buying the dip
The Fife
File5 said:

I'm one of the uninitiated, so to speak, but it does seem pretty funny that someone brags about having those clearances in the same sentence as "wtf do I know?". Makes it seem like not a lot....Go government intelligence analysts!!!
All I see in this thread is

aggiehawg
AG
ABC News just broke into General Hospital so the networks are issuing special reports.
ChemEAg08
AG
So guessing this thing is about to get hot now that Russia will recognize them (unless Ukraine/NATO does nothing to stop the separatists)?
Gbr1971
Jarrin' Jay said:

HTownAg98 said:

Couple this with the recognition of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent states (he got his flimsy pretext to invade with that), and it's pretty much a done deal.

What is a done deal? Putin is going to recognize then occupy / take the eastern provinces Donbas region, and cut them away from Ukraine. I don't believe there will be an invasion of western Ukraine aimed at Kyiv and taking the entire country. The end-game is the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and bullying Ukraine and NATO to keep Ukraine out of NATO.
That may be the immediate endgame, although I have my doubts, but why give a speech stating Ukraine isn't really a country? Why tell your citizens that Ukraine is part of Russia and stop short of annexing the whole country? There was a quick way to limit this to the Donbas region and Putin decided to go right past it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
aggiehawg said:

ABC News just broke into General Hospital so the networks are issuing special reports.
I'm not sure I'd that's a change in quality or not.
Rossticus
Gbr1971 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

HTownAg98 said:

Couple this with the recognition of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent states (he got his flimsy pretext to invade with that), and it's pretty much a done deal.

What is a done deal? Putin is going to recognize then occupy / take the eastern provinces Donbas region, and cut them away from Ukraine. I don't believe there will be an invasion of western Ukraine aimed at Kyiv and taking the entire country. The end-game is the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and bullying Ukraine and NATO to keep Ukraine out of NATO.
That may be the immediate endgame, although I have my doubts, but why give a speech stating Ukraine isn't really a country? Why tell your citizens that Ukraine is part of Russia and stop short of annexing the whole country? There was a quick way to limit this to the Donbas region and Putin decided to go right past it.

…at breakneck speed…
Irish 2.0
HTownAg98
Jarrin' Jay said:

HTownAg98 said:

After listening to/reading the ramblings of that madman, you really think he's going to stop at just Donetsk and Luhansk?
ChemEAg08
AG
Gbr1971 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

HTownAg98 said:

Or could it be the Sudetenland?
Irish 2.0
If the EU was smart, they go for the jugular right away and take them off SWIFT.
Rossticus
ChemEAg08 said:

Gbr1971 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

HTownAg98 said:

Hell, based on that ranting mess he might have just declared war on Europe and the US both. I'm really not sure…
aggiehawg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

aggiehawg said:

I'm not sure I'd that's a change in quality or not.
In any event, February is sweeps month. Breaking into the only soap opera left on ABC (that still makes a ton of money for them) is not done lightly.

Then again, our media overlords are pretty much warmongerers lately.
javajaws
AG

I just don't see Putin stopping with Donbas. I think he goes all the way or at least to that river on the west (which splits Kiev farther up north.

Gbr1971
ChemEAg08 said:

Gbr1971 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

HTownAg98 said:

Exactly. If I lived in Lithuania or any of the former Soviet Republics that speech would not have made me feel very secure. NATO country or not.
Irish 2.0
The Fife
Irish 2.0 said:

Strongly worded letter inbound!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

If the EU was smart, they go for the jugular right away and take them off SWIFT.

The should, but do they have the balls to actually do it?
45-70Ag
AG
After that response from the eu, the Ukraine is ****ed.
torrid
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

Gbr1971 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

HTownAg98 said:

It's alright. We'll soon have peace in our time.
Gbr1971
HvilleAggie
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I didn't know what SWIFT was so I read a couple of articles last night. After we threatened this action under Obama and followed through with Iran, Russia and China began developing and implementing their own versions of swift. It might not be as impactful as we'd hope in 2022.
Irish 2.0

Boris gonna step in before US. This might be what starts the cascading effect to push back
Whoop98
I'd put China #1 as most of that country feels that way, but Russia a clear #2.
Rapier108 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Russians have the biggest victim mentality complex of any nation on Earth.

Goes all the way back to having their asses kicked for ~500 years.
Irish 2.0
HvilleAggie said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I didn't know what SWIFT was so I read a couple of articles last night. After we threatened this action under Obama and followed through with Iran, Russia and China began developing and implementing their own versions of swift. It might not be as impactful as we'd hope in 2022.
It is when 30% of Russia's GDP comes from Europe.
Irish 2.0

Irish 2.0
La Bamba
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Boris gonna step in before US. THis might be what starts the cascading effect to push back
White House Assistant: (Looks around the table) "So...do we wake him up now or.....?
Chief of Staff: "Get the ice cream and hurry!"
Irish 2.0

Rossticus
She wouldn't have invoked UN unless she has something in her back pocket re UN. At least I don't think so.
Irish 2.0
Oh snap!!
Irish 2.0
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.