***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,067,005 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

This is like a Hitler speech… ho Lee chit.
Indeed it is. Putin is now the Neo-Nazi.
Engine10
AG
Eliminatus said:

Yeah, that is not the rhetoric that happens right before we all go back to holding hands.

Puti is not speaking to us. He doesn't care. He is speaking to his own people and fanning the flames of war.

I was always on the fence about invasion with leaning towards. This seals it in my opinion. Hope I am wrong of course. He is selling an invasion to his people.

I'm with you 100%, He's all in. There's no way this kind of language gets out any other way.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Russian futures moving lower
Still crashing...

No dip buyers yet...
45-70Ag
AG
Putin needs to be killed. **** it, he has the ability and desire to start a broad war and should be killed.
Who?mikejones!
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

Rossticus said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Donbas is lost w/o direct conflict from NATO. Donbas is the cancer. Cut it off to save the rest of the body.

Do you believe that Putin stops there? I'm not confident.
Of course. He'll stop after this Georgia business is done, Russia has no interest in expansion.
I mean, he'll stop after this Crimea business is done. Russia has no interest in expansion.
Correction, he'll stop after this Donetsk and Lugansk business is done. Russia has no interest in expansion.

Sounds familiar. Question is who is poland?
Irish 2.0

aginresearch
AG
Russia will not survive this demographically nor economically. It will be worse off in 5 years than it is today. Unfortunately a lot of people will die as a result.
45-70Ag
AG
With the history lesson he just outlined, he may decide to kick Germany's ass.
Wrec86 Ag
Jock 07 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

Intel analysts are great at producing reams and reams of paper…sooo…in that regard the caloric intake for Oreos is probably more enjoyable.

And making sure they appear to be the smartest person in the room.
Gordo14
This board just yells at things. A month ago people were disgusted that the US was sending troops to NATO countries acting like we are about to get involved in a war in Ukraine... Now everyone is saying Biden is weak because we didn't send troops to Ukraine (the only thing we could have done to MAYBE prevent this war - it's clear that Putin was never negotiating... Just stalling for time). A week or two ago everyone was yelling that Biden was manufacturing a crisis because of low ratings. Now he was too weak or stupid to react proactively.

I am not a Biden fan - I work in O&G for **** sake.
But to be honest, I think Biden handled this situation as well as he could have. The only thing more we could have done was put NATO and American troops on Ukraine, but that could have easily backfired terribly and escalated to a nuclear war (Putin did threaten to do this). The aggressive declassification of intelligence and coordination with the West was our most powerful card short of troops on the ground.

In the end, we're about to have by far the most deadly conflict in Europe since World War II and the world is about to change forever in dramatic ways. This should be proof that isolationism and complacency has consequences more than anything. We must strengthen our resolve to both the Chinese and Russian threat. The more we look inward, the more these autocratic empires will take, and I do not want to find oursleves a decade from now with the new axis powers running over democracies while we sit back and say "well, it isn't happening to us so who cares". It's time to aggressively strengthen NATO. Russia has given us the best advertisement in history. Japan needs to develop a standing army. We should look at eventually bringing Vietnam and Taiwan into the mix. Hopefully we see Finland and Sweden realize the importance of strategic alignment. This is the path forward - containment. If we fail to contain these threats it will be too late and dictators will win.

In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with Ukraine as an evil dictator is likely about to destroy what was becoming a flourishing democracy with dreams and aspirations of creating a better and more just society. The mere idea of this happening is too much of a threat for Putin.
HTownAg98
Couple this with the recognition of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent states (he got his flimsy pretext to invade with that), and it's pretty much a done deal.
Eliminatus
AG
Fear of attack, protection of ethnic peoples, even rescuing clergy under threat of execution.

He hit all the warmongering points of yesteryear.

Unfortunately, history proves it is effective.

"They are going to attack us, so we must attack first!" <------ That right there has worked many, many times....
Irish 2.0
TriAg2010
AG
Irish2.0 said:

Phew, good thing for Russia they had all of their combat divisions exactly where they're needed before NATO rushed all those troops to Ukraine.
Gbr1971
Yeah…I don't think Ukraine promising to never join NATO was going to cut it for this guy.
HTownAg98
aginresearch said:

Russia will not survive this demographically nor economically. It will be worse off in 5 years than it is today. Unfortunately a lot of people will die as a result.

You could see it in the faces of the members of the security council. There was fear in their eyes, and everyone could see it. They know what will happen to them economically; Putin doesn't care.
Irish 2.0

Had to toss in the troll there.
Irish 2.0

K2-HMFIC
I think he just decided to go all in with a pair of 2s.

Let's see how this plays out…

#notgreatbob
Irish 2.0

Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09
AG
Gbr1971 said:

Yeah…I don't think Ukraine promising to never join NATO was going to cut it for this guy.
This has been said for awhile now and been just as apparent imo. I think some are just now coming around to that POV
Irish 2.0

aezmvp
Wild ass prediction: he negotiates reduced sanctions for removing nukes he puts into Cuba and Venezuela possibly hypersonic.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

*points at Ukrainian border* Well, I mean, you know there might be a little cause for apprehension.
HTownAg98
Irish 2.0

Well they sure as **** will now....
Jarrin' Jay
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Couple this with the recognition of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent states (he got his flimsy pretext to invade with that), and it's pretty much a done deal.

What is a done deal? Putin is going to recognize then occupy / take the eastern provinces Donbas region, and cut them away from Ukraine. I don't believe there will be an invasion of western Ukraine aimed at Kyiv and taking the entire country. The end-game is the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and bullying Ukraine and NATO to keep Ukraine out of NATO.
Irish 2.0

Irish 2.0

aezmvp
Irish 2.0 said:

Well they sure as **** will now....
If he believed that ahead of this it takes away reasons not to go.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

*points at Ukrainian border* Well, I mean, you know there might be a little cause for apprehension.
Wrec86 Ag
I would have bet money on China being the first "big bad" enemy of my lifetime that most of the world could rally behind.

I would have been wrong.
Irish 2.0

45-70Ag
AG
Yeah. Same old stuff. He does need to be killed.

First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.