***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,371 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah you and I have been on the same wavelength here for about a week lol.
FJB
AG
Putin still sees Ukraine as its pre-1991 independence state.

If California calved off to be aligned with China, people in the US would be pissed (except for Xiden and his cronies)

In my opinion, Putin is just putting Ukraine back to where it was. Illuminating the western world as weak is just a bonus for him.
Rossticus

Wheatables02
AG
aTmAg said:

Biden could put an end to this right now by flat out declaring an invasion of Ukraine means all out war. Stick F-22s, F35s, F15s, F16s, and A10s nearby and say we will use our air power to it's full effect to repel any invasion. By projecting weakness, he is encouraging Putin (and others).

They are nearby. And Harris saying "we've been a leader" means we're not leading. Leaders don't call themselves leaders.
Rossticus
FJB said:

Putin still sees Ukraine as its pre-1991 independence state.

If California calved off to be aligned with China, people in the US would be pissed (except for Xiden and his cronies)

In my opinion, Putin is just putting Ukraine back to where it was. Illuminating the western world as weak is just a bonus for him.

Except Ukraine claimed independence and has been a sovereign nation for 30 years. They didn't jump from USSR (which stopped existing) to annexation by another country. And comparing EU/NATO to China isn't accurate as they are alliances and not sovereign counties in and of themselves.
Rossticus
These guys are legit bat isht crazy…

aTmAg
AG
Wheatables02 said:

aTmAg said:

Biden could put an end to this right now by flat out declaring an invasion of Ukraine means all out war. Stick F-22s, F35s, F15s, F16s, and A10s nearby and say we will use our air power to it's full effect to repel any invasion. By projecting weakness, he is encouraging Putin (and others).

They are nearby. And Harris saying "we've been a leader" means we're not leading. Leaders don't call themselves leaders.
The important part of that is to make it clear that we WILL use them to repel a Russian invasion. That is the part that is missing.

(I didn't think we had F22s there.)
Wheatables02
AG
aTmAg said:

Wheatables02 said:

aTmAg said:

The important part of that is to make it clear that we WILL use them to repel a Russian invasion. That is the part that is missing.

(I didn't think we had F22s there.)
don't know about the 22s but the rest are there.
will25u
Rossticus
Literally insane…

jabberwalkie09
AG
aTmAg said:

LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

That's insanity and the destruction of a large part of the us military

You think the leftists are going to join up to invade Ukraine to liberate them from Russia?!? This isn't a call of duty game- you are literally discussing a potential nuclear exchange
You guys are clearly ignorant of history.

Putin knows our airpower is so dominating that he would never dream of invading if he was convinced we would use it against him. You guys want to convince him we wouldn't. Which is the EXACT opposite thing to do.

People like you claimed Reagan was going to start a war by being so smashmouth with the Soviets. History proved him right, and you wrong.

I'm no expert in this area but while true in a theoretical nature of A2A combat like we have seen in wars of the past, SAM's have improved greatly in the last couple of decades iirc. The number of S-300 and S-400 batteries spotted in the region is not small. Putin has confidence in these systems.

I'm not completely disagreeing with your stance, we have assets in the region like F-16's and F-15's in Poland. I think we also have F-35's over there too now. But I don't think that our air assets would be able to freely operate.
Gordo14
redsquirrelAG said:

Yep. I'm ready to watch the world burn. Wake up or burn.

The more the MSM media makes Russia the Boogeyman the more im rooting for them.

Go Russia.

The election was stolen. This is the consequences. Own it.

You should move to Russia. We'd all be better for it. You can cheer on 100,000+ dead Ukrainians so that you can stick it to the man all while playing the poor victim.
aTmAg
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

aTmAg said:

LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

That's insanity and the destruction of a large part of the us military

You think the leftists are going to join up to invade Ukraine to liberate them from Russia?!? This isn't a call of duty game- you are literally discussing a potential nuclear exchange
You guys are clearly ignorant of history.

Putin knows our airpower is so dominating that he would never dream of invading if he was convinced we would use it against him. You guys want to convince him we wouldn't. Which is the EXACT opposite thing to do.

People like you claimed Reagan was going to start a war by being so smashmouth with the Soviets. History proved him right, and you wrong.

I'm no expert in this area but while true in a theoretical nature of A2A combat like we have seen in wars of the past, SAM's have improved greatly in the last couple of decades iirc. The number of S-300 and S-400 batteries spotted in the region is not small. Putin has confidence in these systems.

I'm not completely disagreeing with your stance, we have assets in the region like F-16's and F-15's in Poland. I think we also have F-35's over there too now. But I don't think that our air assets would be able to freely operate.
We need more 5th gen to contend with their SAMs. 4th gen would be easy targets.
FJB
AG
I am just telling you what is going to happen. If you think Putin cares about the sovereignty of Ukraine well….

aezmvp
It looks like they've ramped all their propo for internal purposes. Times 1000. This is crazy. NATO hiring mercs in Bosnia and Kosovo and Albania (ie Muslim mercenaries) to fight the Russians. Our goal is the destruction of the Russian Federation. I mean really way out there stuff that flat out isn't happening. Well OKAY maybe the CIA is doing something stupid but I really doubt this even as much as I distrust the CIA I really doubt it.
GAC06
AG
If we were going to deter Russia, even mostly with air power, the time to act was over a month ago
aTmAg
AG
GAC06 said:

If we were going to deter Russia, even mostly with air power, the time to act was over a month ago
Agreed. Biden is a dumbass.

But late is better than never. The goal is to make him pack his crap up and go home (so that we can do the same).
Rossticus
FJB said:

I am just telling you what is going to happen. If you think Putin cares about the sovereignty of Ukraine well….

No. I'm totally with you there. I'm just disagreeing on the comparison. A lot of people have been using it to justify or legitimize Putin's actions, to an extent and I disagree. That's all.
aezmvp
GAC06 said:

Longer than that with just air power. There are a ton of anti-air assets in theatre. Hard to tell from the OSI overheads exactly what it all is but there is a lot of info on there being a significant portion of the Russians' S-400 (anti aircraft) and Sv-300 (anti missle) batteries.
Rossticus
aezmvp said:

It looks like they've ramped all their propo for internal purposes. Times 1000. This is crazy. NATO hiring mercs in Bosnia and Kosovo and Albania (ie Muslim mercenaries) to fight the Russians. Our goal is the destruction of the Russian Federation. I mean really way out there stuff that flat out isn't happening. Well OKAY maybe the CIA is doing something stupid but I really doubt this even as much as I distrust the CIA I really doubt it.

This is all to sell an unjustifiable war internally. He has to rally the full populace to believe that their very existence is threatened by the west. This is full blown crazy Hitler isht.
aezmvp
https://t.me/bbbreaking/115252

Quote:

Minister of Interior Affairs Kolokoltsev says to Putin that Russia should recognize whole Donetsk and Luhansk regions as independent, including parts controlled by Ukraine

Well I guess fill up your cars. Gonna get bumpy.
CoppellAg93
AG
Secretary Austin was just on Fox News - "The invasion could be any day now - could be today, could be tomorrow."

They've been saying this every day for weeks now - we get it already.
Irish 2.0
GAC06
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

Secretary Austin was just on Fox News - "The invasion could be any day now - could be today, could be tomorrow."

Damn it, stop stating the plainly obvious
K2-HMFIC
CoppellAg93 said:

Well…considering the Russians basically got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, they are now having a hard time figuring out what to do.

See ongoing exchange from Moscow in Russian NSC meeting

aezmvp
Good thing they named him Dmitri, his dad's name is a mess.
Rossticus
Wait… what!?! Lmao. That'd be pathetically hilarious if they weren't using it to start a war.
DTP02
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

Yep. I'm ready to watch the world burn. Wake up or burn.

The more the MSM media makes Russia the Boogeyman the more im rooting for them.

Go Russia.

The election was stolen. This is the consequences. Own it.

Russia is the aggressor here, dude. They're the reason this thing is on the brink.

Just because Biden is a doddering incompetent and Harris is an ineffectual fool, just because we don't like them and what they're doing to our country, doesn't mean you root for Russia.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even considering taking on that attitude should make you reevaluate some things.

There are going to be tens of thousands of innocent deaths and violent displacement, at a minimum, if Russia goes thru with this, not to mention the unlikely (but still possible) reality of a hot war between Russia and NATO troops.
DTP02
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

Bad idea. We do not need to get engaged in a shooting war with Russia.

Sanctions, waging insurgency? Sure.

We have limited military assets and need them saved for the PRC.

Correct answer here. China is the existential threat. We can never take our eye off that ball, no matter what is going on elsewhere. I think we're already strategically and tactically outmatched in dealing with China, not to mention compromised at all levels of political power, so the last thing we need is to be unable to provide effective deterrence or political will.

Dealing with China with Biden at the helm is bad enough as it is.
FJB
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

I am going with tomorrow which happens to be the anniversary of the Maidan turnover when Yanukovych signed the agreement and left the country.
DTP02
AG
will25u said:

This is actually the moment we could have short-circuited this whole thing IMO. Shame on us and Europe. It was wholly predictable. Lots of blame to go around, but us and Germany should get the most.
Rossticus
That would be a massive chunk of Ukraine.

https://t.me/bbbreaking/115252
Rossticus
Zelensky requesting UN action. We're about to find out a lot about what we already know about UN, I'm afraid.

DTP02
AG
Rossticus said:

These guys are legit bat isht crazy…

This isn't crazy. They don't really care how much anyone in the west believes any of that. This is purely for internal purposes with any influence in the west being an unexpected bonus. It also sets the stage for the ultimate appeasement rationale.
aezmvp
FJB said:

CoppellAg93 said:

I am going with tomorrow which happens to be the anniversary of the Maidan turnover when Yanukovych signed the agreement and left the country.
That is a remarkably good call.
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.