***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,271 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

He's willing to do it in the face of sanctions right now. Why wouldn't he do it then? I'm not saying it's a given but damn I don't trust that *******.
He's been building Russia up to withstand sanctions.
nortex97
AG

LOL, probably did seal the deal. Thanks again, Biden voters (including you wonderful concerned moderates!)
Rossticus
Irish 2.0 said:

Rule 1 of Putin Negotiations… don't trust Putin. He's trying to sow discord and confusion.
Irish 2.0
aTmAg
AG
Biden could put an end to this right now by flat out declaring an invasion of Ukraine means all out war. Stick F-22s, F35s, F15s, F16s, and A10s nearby and say we will use our air power to it's full effect to repel any invasion. By projecting weakness, he is encouraging Putin (and others).
Rossticus
Told you. Set-up.
Irish 2.0
La Bamba said:

Rossticus said:

He's willing to do it in the face of sanctions right now. Why wouldn't he do it then? I'm not saying it's a given but damn I don't trust that *******.
He's been building Russia up to withstand sanctions.
Correct. But not for a drawn out time sanction. Going after SWIFT would be a nail in their economic coffin

redsquirrelAG
AG
Yep. I'm ready to watch the world burn. Wake up or burn.

The more the MSM media makes Russia the Boogeyman the more im rooting for them.

Go Russia.

The election was stolen. This is the consequences. Own it.
AgsMnn
AG
She wears the mask to hide her smile.
Rossticus
aTmAg said:

Biden could put an end to this right now by flat out declaring an invasion of Ukraine means all out war. Stick F-22s, F35s, F15s, F16s, and A10s nearby and say we will use our air power to it's full effect to repel any invasion. By projecting weakness, he is encouraging Putin (and others).

Just talked to a vet (my electrician) and we agreed that there's no way it doesn't come to this if things go hot. There are too many NATO assets positioned too near this isht. Someone is going to color outside the lines and all hell is going to break loose.
Rossticus
redsquirrelAG said:

Yep. I'm ready to watch the world burn. Wake up or burn.

The more the MSM media makes Russia the Boogeyman the more im rooting for them.

Go Russia.

The election was stolen. This is the consequences. Own it.

Bless your heart.
K2-HMFIC
aTmAg said:

Bad idea. We do not need to get engaged in a shooting war with Russia.

Sanctions, waging insurgency? Sure.

We have limited military assets and need them saved for the PRC.
aTmAg
AG
Rossticus said:

aTmAg said:

Just talked to a vet (my electrician) and we agreed that there's no way it doesn't come to this if things go hot. There are too many NATO assets positioned too near this isht. Someone is going to color outside the lines and all hell is going to break loose.
I think the answer is to ensure that Putin never crosses the border. Make it clear that we will not fire a single shot if he stays on his side. We will withdraw if he withdraws. But the decision on whether or not a bunch of his troops die is 100% on him.
Irish 2.0

K2-HMFIC
Horse*****

Putin has been avoiding implementing Minsk II for years.
bkag9824
AG
Nave, ignorant, stupid questions inbound...

Is this what the cold war felt like to Baby Boomers?

I haven't heard the threat of nuclear war in all this Ukraine mess, but there are unstated and logical severe implications of a much larger-scale conflict if Russia does invade. As previously stated, it seems unlikely the collective world just skates on like nothing has happened.
Irish 2.0
aTmAg
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

This is what projecting weakness looks like. He is perfectly willing to endure sanctions.

Your strategy basically guarantees he invades and that a bunch of people die.

If France and English punished Hitler when he occupied Rhineland, then he would have withdrawn and WW2 would likely have never started. That was specifically a test to prove to his generals that the nations to the west were weak. He was proven right and the rest is history.

We shouldn't repeat that mistake.
Irish 2.0
LMCane
aTmAg said:

That's insanity and the destruction of a large part of the us military

You think the leftists are going to join up to invade Ukraine to liberate them from Russia?!? This isn't a call of duty game- you are literally discussing a potential nuclear exchange
LMCane
aTmAg said:

K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

This is what projecting weakness looks like. He is perfectly willing to endure sanctions.

If France and English punished Hitler when he occupied Rhineland, then he would have withdrawn and WW2 would likely have never started. That was specifically a test to prove to his generals that the nations to the west were weak. He was proven right and the rest is history.

Now do Iran getting nuclear weapons in a few months …
Rossticus
Irish 2.0 said:

No way in hell. Ukrainians would hang Zelensky if he did that. He'd be selling the country out to Putin and allowing Russian proxies to dictate Ukrainian foreign and domestic policy. It would just be trading one takeover for another. I'd be astonished.
Irish 2.0

aTmAg
AG
LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

That's insanity and the destruction of a large part of the us military

You think the leftists are going to join up to invade Ukraine to liberate them from Russia?!? This isn't a call of duty game- you are literally discussing a potential nuclear exchange
You guys are clearly ignorant of history.

Putin knows our airpower is so dominating that he would never dream of invading if he was convinced we would use it against him. You guys want to convince him we wouldn't. Which is the EXACT opposite thing to do.

People like you claimed Reagan was going to start a war by being so smashmouth with the Soviets. History proved him right, and you wrong.
Irish 2.0

LMCane
bkag9824 said:

I haven't heard the threat of nuclear war in all this Ukraine mess, but there are unstated and logical severe implications of a much larger-scale conflict if Russia does invade. As previously stated, it seems unlikely the collective world just skates on like nothing has happened.
I was born In 70 so not a boomer but grew up in Cold War and no

The Cold War was much worse and dangerous than today

Just look at the strength of the Warsaw Pact allied with the entire Soviet Union versus just having to face Russia today!
Irish 2.0
Russia ain't happy with Putin...
Irish 2.0
Rapier108
LMCane said:

bkag9824 said:

Just look at the strength of the Warsaw Pact allied with the entire Soviet Union versus just having to face Russia today!
Except during the Cold War, both sides knew exactly what would happen if they tried something, and neither were willing to risk it.

One could also argue that it was actually more stable than today.
aezmvp
LMCane said:

bkag9824 said:

I'm a child of the Ronnie Ray Gun era so I don't have a whole lot of Cold War memories prior to the fall of the wall which I did watch on TV. This is not nearly as bad as far as I can tell. I don't think the threat of nuclear is really on the table. For one thing it's very clear that NATO troops are not going in to defend the Ukraine. I don't think, for instance, that Russia would push all the way up to the Polish border. They don't need to and the danger is too high.
aTmAg
AG
LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

Declare that if Iran nukes anybody, we will glaze them 5 times over.

And we should already be spending the intel resources necessary to make sure we can catch them trying to smuggle a nuke to the US.

But the entire reason we are in this situation with Iran is because of liberal idiocy.
aezmvp
I'll link it again:

Livemapua.com Russians talking about Ukraine rearming with nuclear weapons. That leads me to believe combine with Putin saying Euromaiden events in 2014 were a coup about an hour ago that regime change and puppet state is the end goal here.
Rossticus
aTmAg said:

LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

And we should already be spending the intel resources necessary to make sure we can catch them trying to smuggle a nuke to the US.

But the entire reason we are in this situation with Iran is because of liberal idiocy.

Or, hear me out, if they create a warhead we'll drop a rod or sabotage it thereby nuking whatever location it's contained within.
aezmvp
aTmAg said:

LMCane said:

aTmAg said:

K2-HMFIC said:

aTmAg said:

I still worry about them putting a couple of nukes rigged for EMP on freighters and launching them over the states.
Rossticus
aezmvp said:

I'll link it again:

Livemapua.com Russians talking about Ukraine rearming with nuclear weapons. That leads me to believe combine with Putin saying Euromaiden events in 2014 were a coup about an hour ago that regime change and puppet state is the end goal here.

Always has been
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.