***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,010 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eliminatus
AG
It's incredible what the OSINT groups can do these days.

Warfare won't be the quite the same anymore. The daily reports of embedded newsies during Vietnam are replaced by neck beards with keyboards and satellites.
GAC06
AG

Should be interesting to see how this plays out
LMCane
Faustus said:

ItsA&InotA&M said:

light_bulb said:

Long story short, is there any good reason I should care if Russia invades Ukraine?

At the surface, it has no impact on my life, so I will likely not care.

You should care because Americans will be sent to fight the Russian invasion. American dads, sons, and husbands will be killed.

If we going are going to fight a border invasion, send the troops the southern US border.

No brothers, cousins, uncles or wives being sent to Ukraine to fight the Russian invasion? It seems like a pretty specific subset you have titling at the enemy.

Some are going overboard into flights of fantasy

I suggest everyone watch the interviews with Putin by Oliver stone on showtime

Putin is extremely rational, soft spoken and cunning. He knows more about the USA economy than joe Biden does

He has no interest going to war against nato but does view nato as a threat to mother Russia
LMCane

translation: Biden loves his little wooby in his mansion because it reminds him of life in his 60s

As if staying in the White House is a real sacrifice for the president of the USA
ProgN
GAC06 said:

Well it's 2:40 am in Ukraine so this is the window for an attack.
GAC06
AG
Yeah planning to go home when you are being told a potentially major war in Europe is imminent isn't a good look
Irish 2.0
aezmvp said:

Irish 2.0 said:

aggiesheriff04 said:

It would be great, it Russia launched the attack right after Brandon's state of the union.

No attack would be great and I continue to stand by my belief this was posturing from Putin to keep Ukraine out of NATO and get them to recognize Donbas as a Russian backed independent
You might be right Irish but I would be interested to know if you think Putin has a serious go option in front of him or if you think this is solely posturing.

Posturing to the point of appeasement. Putin cannot afford a land war and the oligarchs to have all of their assets frozen or lost. He agrees to withdrawal forces during the delegation with Macron if they recognize Donbas which was lost well before this **** started.

He amassed a force along a region, that for all intents and purposes, was lost over 5 years ago and is full of Russian sympathizers. Whether or not it was done via implanted and paid for is up for another story. Donbas has never been a friendly region to the existence of Ukraine.

He goes back to Russia with Donbas. Western society stopped war with Russia. Everyone goes home happy.
Burrus86
AG
GAC06 said:

Yeah planning to go home when you are being told a potentially major war in Europe is imminent isn't a good look

Blue stars shining on you, nothing but blue stars all day through.
K2-HMFIC
ProgN said:

GAC06 said:

Well it's 2:40 am in Ukraine so this is the window for an attack.

My "Price is Right Rules" bet was 20 Feb…so…this still counts till Midnight PST.
LMCane
Putin discussed with Oliver stone in 2016 interviews that the USA has a debt to gdp ratio of 100% and Russia is 12%

For all these blowhards trumpeting sanctions- who can afford a trade war better- the USA or Russia?!

How well has sanctions worked in stopping Iran and forcing Russia out of crimea?!
LMCane
Irish 2.0 said:

aezmvp said:

Irish 2.0 said:

aggiesheriff04 said:

It would be great, it Russia launched the attack right after Brandon's state of the union.

No attack would be great and I continue to stand by my belief this was posturing from Putin to keep Ukraine out of NATO and get them to recognize Donbas as a Russian backed independent
You might be right Irish but I would be interested to know if you think Putin has a serious go option in front of him or if you think this is solely posturing.

Posturing to the point of appeasement. Putin cannot afford a land war and the oligarchs to have all of their assets frozen or lost. He agrees to withdrawal forces during the delegation with Macron if they recognize Donbas which was lost well before this **** started.

He amassed a force along a region, that for all intents and purposes, was lost over 5 years ago and is full of Russian sympathizers. Whether or not it was done via implanted and paid for is up for another story. Donbas has never been a friendly region to the existence of Ukraine.

He goes back to Russia with Donbas. Western society stopped war with Russia. Everyone goes home happy.

Bet you $100 that does not happen
benchmark
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

Bud…I know you're not a fan of the Biden Admin…but there pushing the Intel has been the right call.

It's boxed the Russians in, killed their strategic surprise, probably ended their ability to pull of a tactical surprise, brought the alliance together, and set the conditions for massive economic sanctions.
Curious. What strategic or tactical surprise has the US foiled that hasn't also been revealed by Europe or private satellite photos like @planet?
LMCane
Rossticus said:

Something else to keep in mind is that Russia has done very well economically in the recent past. They've amassed something on the order of $600-$700 billion reserve capital. They knew that sanctions would be a given in the event they pursue this course.

I believe that they initially determined they have the ability to weather the storm economically. That won't change unless what we've threatened is drastically beyond what they anticipated.

You seem to be the only intelligent and educated American left

Putin LITERALLY STATED ALL OF THAT BACK IN 2016 interviews with Oliver stone- I just saw him say it a few hours ago

Only the idiots at the state department and Biden's cronies believe that only Russia is going to take economic damage. You think gas prices are high now?! Wait until there is no more Russian oil in the global market!
LMCane
benchmark said:

K2-HMFIC said:

Bud…I know you're not a fan of the Biden Admin…but there pushing the Intel has been the right call.

It's boxed the Russians in, killed their strategic surprise, probably ended their ability to pull of a tactical surprise, brought the alliance together, and set the conditions for massive economic sanctions.
Curious. What strategic or tactical surprise has the US foiled that hasn't also been revealed by Europe or private satellite photos like @planet?

Come on man!! No way Ukraine knew any of this was happening until joe released national security intelligence

Sure, we are seeing hundreds of pics and satellites sitting at our computers in the USA but obviously Ukraine has no computers or internet or satellite access like we on the Ags board
Rossticus
Irish 2.0 said:

aezmvp said:

Irish 2.0 said:

aggiesheriff04 said:

The problem is that he doesn't just want Russian occupied Donbas. He wants a good chunk of what is currently sovereign Ukrainian controlled territory as well. Acquiescence to that sets a very bad precedent and unless Zelensky changes his mind and there's a sizable shift in Ukrainian public sentiment I don't see there being agreement. US and Euros have already said that they won't recognize Russia's declaration regarding Donbas region so it's squarely on Zelensky.

I think his decision will stem directly from what he's been told regarding EU membership and resulting NATO membership behind closed doors.

It's possible that in exchange for EU and Expedited NATO membership he would consider ceding a portion of Donbas, knowing that Ukrainian sovereignty and protection against Russian destabilization would be insured by said membership despite territorial encroachment by Russia.

Would Europe make that deal to back down from War? And would Putin **** himself after he thinks he walks away with a win and instead ends up with NATO tickling his back door in perpetuity?
YouBet
AG
Polaris75 said:

I don't see Putin stopping until he gets to Berlin.
Absurd. I'm sure he does this on his Risk game board, but he's not doing it IRL.

He's not stupid enough to risk WWIV which that would obviously do.

Ukraine is low hanging fruit relatively speaking. That's a calculated risk he can take without causing a global conflict, most likely.
Dan Scott
AG
K2-HMFIC
YouBet said:

Polaris75 said:

I don't see Putin stopping until he gets to Berlin.
Absurd. I'm sure he does this on his Risk game board, but he's not doing it IRL.

He's not stupid enough to risk WWIV which that would obviously do.

Ukraine is low hanging fruit relatively speaking. That's a calculated risk he can take without causing a global conflict, most likely.

Concur. Crossing into NATO means potential of nuclear war.
YouBet
AG
Dan Scott said:

Lol. That just reads funny.

I'll agree to not murder you if I decide to not murder you.
K2-HMFIC
benchmark said:

K2-HMFIC said:

Does a satellite view of your house say when you're going to decide to water your lawn?

No.

Getting this kinda of data comes from SIGINT, HUMINT, and other sources…as you can see the USAF has big wing ISR and RPAs burning so many holes in the Ukrainian sky you can hop from wing to wing and not die.

Rossticus
K2-HMFIC
Dan Scott said:

Haven't seen this anywhere else.
Dan Scott
AG
The futures just revered hard. Assuming based off that news
Irish 2.0

Zerohedge ripped that line from Bloomberg Terminal off the AFP. It's not a zerohedge 'tweets'
Rossticus
Good to hear. Don't **** it up Brandon.
Raiderjay
Putin takes the meeting, let's Biden and Macron bloviate, and then still invades making US and France both look weak as shJt and him look like the boss….

4D chess
YouBet
AG
Is there anyway this meeting can happen without Biden present? Seriously.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
There's no way Putin gives any consideration to Biden. Joe is an idiot and he knows it.
Rossticus
Salute CornPops Message said:

Putin takes the meeting, let's Biden and Macron bloviate, and then still invades making US and France both look weak as shJt and him look like the boss….

4D chess

Actually that makes him look worse to the rest of the world as a bad faith negotiator intent on invasion from the start and (at least the parts he's not mainlining disinformation to) and rallies support for our side.

It would also legitimize what Biden has been saying and lend credibility to the administration from a global outside perspective. So if you're anti-Biden you actually don't want that to happen.
benchmark
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

Does a satellite view of your house say when you're going to decide to water your lawn?

No.

Getting this kinda of data comes from SIGINT, HUMINT, and other sources…as you can see the USAF has big wing ISR and RPAs burning so many holes in the Ukrainian sky you can hop from wing to wing and not die.
US intel is going to happen regardless of who's POTUS. So now with US intel, the Ukrainians now know what time the lawn sprinklers will come on within +/- 5 days. Still not sure what this POTUS has done yet to merit recognition ... albeit not being very talky is certainly praise worthy.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Irish 2.0
Taking them off SWIFT would be an economy stopper
K2-HMFIC
Irish 2.0 said:

Taking them off SWIFT would be an economy stopper

Did we get the Germans to agree? Huge deal if so.
Rossticus
benchmark said:

K2-HMFIC said:

No.

US intel is going to happen regardless of who's POTUS. So now with US intel, the Ukrainians now know what time the law sprinklers will come on within +/- 5 days. Still not sure what this POTUS has done yet to merit recognition ... albeit not being very talky is certainly praise worthy.

A lot of it has been to keep step with Russian disinformation publicly to prevent him from getting out ahead with any false provocation narrative. That's been the benefit. The entirety of NATO has been in agreement on this strategy and was directly spoken to by NATO Sec General during MSC.
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.