***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,361 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm stating facts. Russia is in position to invade. They've done it three times in recent history.

Your points are ridiculous and contradictory. Biden wants war. Biden called the war off. Biden wants credit for avoiding war. Biden is back to fanning the flames.

Biden doesn't control what Putin does. Putin is in position to invade and every action and statement backs that up. Stop looking for a partisan gotcha and look at the facts.
Irish 2.0
Yes…he's going to invade. We've heard the invasion is imminent. So imminent it's been said for over two weeks. So imminent that he's running over three days late from the definitive date of this past Wednesday we were given.

Your "facts" have been wrong for weeks.
Who?mikejones!
I still don't think Russia will invade. Every hour that passes makes it less likely Russia will invade.

Even if the us's intelligence reports have been faulty. I believe that making public some plans has really thrown the Russians for a loop.
buzzardb267
AG
I find it hard to tell what is going on. Biden is stoking the flames to divert attention to his floundering administration. The old "never let a good crisis go to waste" move. All he ever talks about is war and more pork spending! He has pretty much succeeded in burying the Clinton bombshell and record inflation. This gives the media something to yell about so they don't have to cover his failings.
GAC06
AG
Facts aren't wrong. Show something I've said that's incorrect. I'll wait. You have a long list of ridiculous posts piling up.
aezmvp
buzzardb267 said:

I find it hard to tell what is going on. Biden is stoking the flames to divert attention to his floundering administration. The old "never let a good crisis go to waste" move. All he ever talks about is war and more pork spending! He has pretty much succeeded in burying the Clinton bombshell and record inflation. This gives the media something to yell about so they don't have to cover his failings.
Take yourself out of looking at this from Biden's perspective. The American perspective here isn't particularly useful. Look at it from the Ukrainian or Russian perspective and it seems a much clearer picture.
Hoyt Ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

FWIW

False.
SEC Champs
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement from Xi to Putin…

Nine Dash Line
Rossticus
From BBC:

Boris Johnson (with video)

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60432970
GAC06
AG

Russians pushing the idea that Ukraine is on the verge of a big offensive in Donbass

It would be really sneaky to attack east when Russians are massed on your north and south.
File5
AG
And kind of dumb too, right? Would be just asking them to flank you on both sides...
aezmvp
I really like the parachute drop inside the range of a whole @(*#$& ton of S-400 batteries that are set up all over the Belgorod region on the overheads. That's pretty funny.
doubledog
aezmvp said:

I really like the parachute drop inside the range of a whole @(*#$& ton of S-400 batteries that are set up all over the Belgorod region on the overheads. That's pretty funny.
I am not military expert, but this looks like plans from an online strategy game.
Rossticus
File5 said:

And kind of dumb too, right? Would be just asking them to flank you on both sides...

Would really leave your ass hanging out. Ukraine isn't going to try and take Donbas at the likely cost of Kyiv. They have to play this whole thing perfectly as a defensive.

They don't have the men to do otherwise unless Putin intentionally provokes NATO air, sea, and troop support (which would be insane). Plus, that plan looks like pure stupid.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Allegedly in Donetsk…

Rossticus
I missed this. I guess I can understand western media not reporting because of possible freak out but… ummm… nukes in Kaliningrad? WTF?

That plus Lukashenka pledging nukes and "beyond nukes" to be stationed in Belarus if this goes hot. What the hell is happening… Is Russia considering coloring outside the lines?

None of this is being broadcast to Americans but it explains why EU and NATO pulled their **** together and got on the same page at light speed and are threatening to literally cut Russia off from the rest of the world financially. This can't be real.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Iirc Mig-31K's with Khinzals were spotted landing at that base. I think that's Russias new plane launched hypersonic missile. They were supposed to be testing those in their tactical weapons drills/training this week.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Iirc Mig-31K's with Khinzals were spotted landing at that base. I think that's Russias new plane launched hypersonic missile. They were supposed to be testing those in their tactical weapons drills/training this week.

If Russia uses even small tactical nukes there's no way it isn't seen as a much grander provocation to all of Europe. Using nuclear tipped hypersonic missiles is a huge middle finger to EU, UK, and US. That's a direct threat of "I do what I want, when I want, and I'll do it to you if you piss me off".

That would force NATO's hand. You'd have to shut him down. **** me.
B-1 83
AG
Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

If Russia uses even small tactical nukes there's no way it isn't seen as a much grander provocation to all of Europe. Using nuclear tipped hypersonic missiles is a huge middle finger to EU, UK, and US. That's a direct threat of "I do what I want, when I want, and I'll do it to you if you piss me off".

The former head of the KGB is not stupid enough to let that genie out of the bottle. He's just showing the bottle.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Rossticus
B-1 83 said:

Rossticus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

The former head of the KGB is not stupid enough to let that genie out of the bottle. He's just showing the bottle.

I've been digging through a lot of Eastern European media and various intelligence analyst interviews recently and there's a firm feeling that Putin feels like this may be the last chance for Russia's return to greatness and that he's the only one with the resolve to make it happen.

Couple that with his conviction that Europe and USA are too soft to follow through and you can see where he might talk himself into it.

I agree that it would be crazy and a purely rationally thinking person, from our perspective wouldn't do it. And I don't THINK he'd do it. But there's enough reason for doubt in my mind to make me a tad uneasy nonetheless.

Lukashenka has been getting REALLY mouthy the last couple of days so you know Putin still thinks he can ratchet up the pressure further to back everyone off. I just wonder what happens if nobody blinks.
GAC06
AG
Rossticus
Putin starting to flip all the switches now.
Rossticus
GAC06
AG
Another Twitter dude pointed out that the supposed battle plan for Ukraine's attack is in Russian
K2-HMFIC
I'm following @RALee85 & @gerrydogma on Twitter…they are particularly good at getting info.

Where are you guys pulling into from?
Rossticus

Rossticus
Still accepting donations.

aezmvp
GAC06 said:

Another Twitter dude pointed out that the supposed battle plan for Ukraine's attack is in Russian
That's because this was reposted in Russian media. That's a summary version of the supposed plan. The comment above about a war game map is actually not right. It's made to look like a text book so that it's familiar to it's intended audience (the general public who has seen a text book).
aezmvp
K2-HMFIC said:

I'm following @RALee85 & @gerrydogma on Twitter…they are particularly good at getting info.

Where are you guys pulling into from?
I'm mainly using liveuamap.com and then building out following their links and then looking at adjacent sources.
Rossticus
Fox News apparently not liked by Russian separatists.

Rossticus
Seems like something you might have considered requesting prior to now, eh Zel?

Rossticus
Zelensky begging for NATO membership… I think it's pretty clear he expected NATO to step in for him on this without being a member and now he's freaking out because of what his miscalculation has brought about.

Rossticus

Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
Don't worry, guys. She's on it!

First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.