***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,065,203 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

how is it that Iraq THIRTY YEARS AGO had much stronger air defenses -

than Ukraine does today?!?
Because of the Iraq/Iran war that had been going on for years?
74OA
AG
Mother****ers: Russian jet firing on civilian area
LMCane
PJYoung said:

LMCane said:

how is it that Iraq THIRTY YEARS AGO had much stronger air defenses -

than Ukraine does today?!?
Because of the Iraq/Iran war that had been going on for years?

and Ukraine was attacked and lost Crimea and the Donbas 8 years ago!
LMCane
74OA said:

why is this surprising?

Russia has been firing on civilians in Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea and Syria the last 15 years.
LMCane
74OA said:

and I wonder what Afghans and Iraqis who had US jets bomb their cities are thinking.

you don't know what they were actually firing at.
PJYoung
AG
No Spin Ag
74OA said:

This is not what a peacekeeping mission is about. Not surprising though seeing as that it's Putin calling the shots.

Poor civilians.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
richardag
deddog said:

Gordo14 said:

File5 said:

I am not a Trump fanboy, but you seriously believe that 4 years of "Russia-collusion" Trump wouldn't be the optimal time to invade vs. 1 year into Bidens term? The dude is senile and exudes weakness.
I could easily argue the Trump isolationism emboldened Putin. I am not remotely pro Biden, but this is not Biden. It's Putin and complacency in Washington including but not remotely limited to Biden.
Yes, it emboldened him so much that he waited till a weakling democrat was President.
Just like the last time.
Under President Trump the ISIS caliphate was destroyed in months after Obama conceded its existence. We also saw unprecedented peace treaties signed in the Middle East. The elimination of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and a top Iranian Soleimani. The discontinuation of ballistic missile trials by North Korea. The increase in NATO countries spending on defense.

The thought that President Trump was an isolationist is complete and utter BS.
Premium
AG
I was a bit stunned that Biden wouldn't have stayed up with the World last night. The administration should have had the sanctions ready for distribution last night and delivered by Biden in a speech. But no, got to sleep in and wait to be led by others. The message of what the second wave of sanctions would be should have already been decided, even with the inclusion of other countries input.
Broncos
Premium said:

I was a bit stunned that Biden wouldn't have stayed up with the World last night.
You were stunned Biden failed to do anything?
TommyBrady
AG
The swamp is going all in on this. This is their chance to try to get Americans to forget all the bs and save the midterms
DeangeloVickers
AG
More inflation, more tax revenue to spend
Premium
AG
Broncos said:

Premium said:

I was a bit stunned that Biden wouldn't have stayed up with the World last night.
A bit, because I would assume a once in 70 year type invasion might perk the administration up for a quick response.
txags92
AG
Premium said:

Broncos said:

Premium said:

A bit, because I would assume a once in 70 year type invasion might perk the administration up for a quick response.
You would need a jump starter pack hooked to his ball sack to "perk" Biden up these days. They are struggling to keep him awake and coherent for short speeches and appearances these days. I am expecting the shortest state of the union speech in decades this year because there is no way he stays coherent for an hour without a meth IV hanging on a pole next to him.
oneeyedag
No, this is this administration's wet dream. Potentially get a lot accomplished under the radar of war. Gets to blame Russia for inflation, and high costs and potentially throw in a pork-laden relief bill
Ag for Life
AG
ChemAg15 said:

45-70Ag said:

Somewhat baffling. Guess it's true.

What kind of strategery is this?

They could plant explosives on the sarco****us and blow it to kingdom come spreading nuclear fallout all over I suppose. Maybe to punish Ukraine for their resistance.
LMCane
good thing we have energy independence at a time like this:

Biden pauses new oil and gas leases amid legal battle over cost of climate change

PUBLISHED THU, FEB 24 202210:30 AM ESTUPDATED 26 MIN AGO

Emma Newburger CNBC

KEY POINTS
  • The Biden administration is delaying decisions on new oil and gas leases and permits after a Louisiana federal judge blocked officials from using higher cost estimates of climate change.
  • The leasing pause is an unintended result of the Feb. 11 decision by U.S. District Judge James Cain, who argued that the administration's attempt to raise the real cost of climate change would hike energy costs.
YNWA_AG
AG
NukeAg10
AG
richardag said:

deddog said:

Gordo14 said:

File5 said:

I am not a Trump fanboy, but you seriously believe that 4 years of "Russia-collusion" Trump wouldn't be the optimal time to invade vs. 1 year into Bidens term? The dude is senile and exudes weakness.
I could easily argue the Trump isolationism emboldened Putin. I am not remotely pro Biden, but this is not Biden. It's Putin and complacency in Washington including but not remotely limited to Biden.
Yes, it emboldened him so much that he waited till a weakling democrat was President.
Just like the last time.
Under President Trump the ISIS caliphate was destroyed in months after Obama conceded its existence. We also saw unprecedented peace treaties signed in the Middle East. The elimination of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and a top Iranian Soleimani. The discontinuation of ballistic missile trials by North Korea. The increase in NATO countries spending on defense.

The thought that President Trump was an isolationist is complete and utter BS.

The fact that I only have one blue star for this post is unfortunate
PJYoung
AG

torrid
AG
It was a forgone conclusion we would do nothing to stop Putin from entering Ukraine. So what do we do now? Send troops into Poland and Lithuania?

edit - Looks like we already did in Poland.
AggieLit
After what we saw in Afghanistan last summer, Ukraine's resistance has already been quite stirring and impressive, with significant aircraft shot down already.

For the military history experts:

Were any Russian planes or helicopters shot down in operations against Georgia in 2008, Crime in 2014, or Chechnya in late 90's? I'm guessing yes in Chechnya, no in others?

How many U.S. aircraft were shot down over the years in Iraq and Afghanistan? Maybe a few helicopters and zero planes?

I know one U.S. plane was shot down over Serbia in 1998, I don't think any other planes during the Balkan conflicts.
45-70Ag
AG
CoppellAg93
AG
PJYoung said:

By putting those troops on the border weeks/months ago, it has given Ukraine ample time to prepare themselves. Not saying that they can win, but it's better than being completely surprised.
torrid
AG
AggieLit said:

After what we saw in Afghanistan last summer, Ukraine's resistance has already been quite stirring and impressive, with significant aircraft shot down already.

For the military history experts:

Were any Russian planes or helicopters shot down in operations against Georgia in 2008, Crime in 2014, or Chechnya in late 90's? I'm guessing yes in Chechnya, no in others?

How many U.S. aircraft were shot down over the years in Iraq and Afghanistan? Maybe a few helicopters and zero planes?

I know one U.S. plane was shot down over Serbia in 1998, I don't think any other planes during the Balkan conflicts.

I think the Ukrainian will put up a valiant effort that we will all admire, but the Russians will eventually overrun them with numbers.
GarryowenAg
AG
I'm curious how US forces plan to re-arm the Ukrainians of this is a prolonged engagement. Risks of a downed aircraft would be immense.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
TChaney

torrid
AG
PJYoung said:

Older Russians nostalgic for the days of communism will say it is worthwhile. And I'm not sure that the oligarchs care.
txags92
AG
PJYoung said:

As usual, Germany sides with the tyrants when it comes to war. Nothing new for them. They are always on the wrong side of history.
TChaney

Ukraine woman to Russian soldier

"Why the f…k you came here on our land"
YouBet
AG
PJYoung said:

This was just said after the attack started? If so, well then.

Been out of pocket since early last night. It seems things went to 11 while I was asleep.

Praying for Ukraine and our personal friends over there. Pretty gut wrenching.
TChaney
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Happy Minor Incursion Day, everyone!
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.