Did CNN Have An Epiphany?

5,876 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tex117
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Burrus86
AG
No
Not a Bot
AG
Van Jones spent most of the broadcast last night talking about racism, dog whistles, how CRT doesn't really exist, white supremacy, etc.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Welcome to the last 5 years morons
AgBQ-00
AG
You notice in the next to last video how he kept having to equivocate and say this is what I'm hearing it is not me saying this. How toxic is the purity test for those on set with him that he has to apologetically present that?
wyoag93
AG
Van Jones believes that he is morally superior to anyone who voted for Trump while not even questioning the morals of corrupt Joe Biden and those who voted for him. **** him.
TheHulkster
AG
For as annoying as Van is, he's fairly self-aware about how he's annoying.
My Name Is Judge
Live look @ cnn

IndividualFreedom
Van Jones will do this periodically. He will softly call out his peers where someone like Pelosi would never do such a thing. It is all for show.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

You notice in the next to last video how he kept having to equivocate and say this is what I'm hearing it is not me saying this. How toxic is the purity test for those on set with him that he has to apologetically present that?

Van Jones in the first uses "we" when taking about democrats. So does Cooper.
deddog
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

holy cow, that was unbearable to watch...
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Too late jack asses

Almost two years they've told people they are racist, indoctrinated their children, pressed immoral issues down people's throats, and threatened them with unnecessary vaccines or removal from society. Gas lighting, inflation, supply chain issues on purpose, illegals, and way more than needs to be written.

Pepperidge farm remembers.
TexAgs91
AG
Meh... who watches CNN? Spoiler alert, they'll be back to calling conservatives idiots and racists within a week.
Bunk Moreland
ABATTBQ11 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Van Jones is a political commentator who worked for the Obama Administration. I have no issues with him saying "we" as he is hired to be a left/Dem political pundit on CNN.

Anderson using we is obviously expected, but ridiculous in his position.
annie88
AG
These people, liberals, media and Democrats are just insane.

They're like petulant children throwing tantrums when things don't go their way, name-calling included.

This isn't progressive vs. conservative anymore.

It's bat-shyte crazy vs. Americans.

It's unreal.

Things don't go their way, must mean everyone is racist, despite electing the first black and hispanic to positions in Virginia. All they're talking about it the POCs elected to Democrat offices.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Malachi Constant
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

This is the first thing I noticed.

Muy
AG
He makes good points, but he still completely misses what Americans care about more than liberal arrogance and messaging.

Our. Values. Don't. Align!
Blackhorse83
AG
Some of them understand what is happening but the Democrats as a whole won't be able to stop themselves. They don't know how to compete with ideas.
Get Off My Lawn
Muy said:

He makes good points, but he still completely misses what Americans care about more than liberal arrogance and messaging.

He has enough awareness that I think he intentionally stops short. It would be damaging to expose their viewers to that reality: that Dems no longer represent their values. It's a strip-tease: just enough cleavage to make you think he might slip, but then no - it's just a tease - he retreats back to the party line.
titan
S
Get Off My Lawn said:

Muy said:

He has enough awareness that I think he intentionally stops short. It would be damaging to expose their viewers to that reality: that Dems no longer represent their values. It's a strip-tease: just enough cleavage to make you think he might slip, but then no - it's just a tease - he retreats back to the party line.
But he really does seem like an intelligent guy. Is he really that incapable of thinking the Democrats maybe should try standing for something other than seeking to divide by voting blocks? He has enough stature to be a candidate himself for some places.
UrbanDecay
AG
After 2016 they had a chance to do some soul searching and instead went all in on Orange man bad. They could do soul searching this time but instead they are attacking the voters.
Muy
AG
When all you care about is power and wealth, you aren't making any decisions for the long term benefit of America or even your own party.
oysterbayAG
AG
Everything the Democrats do lacks common sense, which everyday people can easily see and this is causing their downfall !
CanyonAg77
AG
Malachi Constant said:

The whole sketch is worth reposting

YouBet
AG
titan said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Muy said:

But he really does seem like an intelligent guy. Is he really that incapable of thinking the Democrats maybe should try standing for something other than seeking to divide by voting blocks? He has enough stature to be a candidate himself for some places.

I think he is. I made this point earlier but he's usually the first one to call out his own side and recognize when their message sucks or is not in alignment with the overall populace.

It doesn't change the fact that he's wrong on almost every issue, but he's self aware and can recognize when they are wrong.
agsalaska
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

Van Jones will do this periodically. He will softly call out his peers where someone like Pelosi would never do such a thing. It is all for show.
True but he is usually right when he does it

I think Van Jones speaks his own mind, and he is certainly not the worst of the worst. Mostly because he occasionally speaks his mind.
The Collective
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Don't shoot the messenger, guys! What a little chode.
fullback44
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Meh... who watches CNN? Spoiler alert, they'll be back to calling conservatives idiots and racists within a week.
I agree, there really are very very few people who watch CNN these days, what is 4 or 5 million views a week compared to the millions in the population, now that most people know how the media is straight out rigged very few give news outlets like CNN much if any credit anymore.. but of course they will keep sprewing out what ever they are told to spit out, mostly propaganda or just straight up lies
medwriter
Burrus86 said:

No
Yep. They're trying to act as the very "moral authority" that they are condemning. This makes them lower than the people they are condemning with all of these clips.

With all of their help, the progressives still show a huge ***** in their armor. And the liberal media throws them right under the bus. There is no honor among thieves.
Buying_time
AG
I struggle to understand their self assigned label of progressive.

How is anything they are doing considered progressive?

It is more regressive than anything. Race baiting, lack of personal accountability, calling out others as the boogey man (pre-1960 it was minorities - now shifted to whites), two sets of rules - illegals and congress not required to get vax while others are, on and on
Funky Winkerbean
AG
mkorzo said:

For as annoying as Van is, he's fairly self-aware about how he's annoying.
You think he came up with that himself? These problems existed before the elections that night.
JCA1
AG
I Have Spoken said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Don't shoot the messenger, guys! What a little chode.

Although it's no surprise, the most illuminating part of that is his assumption that literally everyone on stage with him will vehemently disagree with what he's about to say. He knows that even the opinions of moderate democrats will be met with disdain on CNN. It's a microcosm of the Virginia election.
Cromagnum
AG
Ukraine Gas Expert said:

Too late jack asses

Almost two years they've told people they are racist, indoctrinated their children, pressed immoral issues down people's throats, and threatened them with unnecessary vaccines or removal from society. Gas lighting, inflation, supply chain issues on purpose, illegals, and way more than needs to be written.

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Kozmozag
Van Jones had an epiphany when he was in jail in California. Marxism is the way forward. Dude is an absolute piece of human debris. Of course democrats love him.
cisgenderedAggie
troy_y said:

I struggle to understand their self assigned label of progressive.

How is anything they are doing considered progressive?

It is more regressive than anything. Race baiting, lack of personal accountability, calling out others as the boogey man (pre-1960 it was minorities - now shifted to whites), two sets of rules - illegals and congress not required to get vax while others are, on and on

Progressive in the sense of historicism. They are progressive in the sense that they seek progress toward "the revolution" and the eventual utopia
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.