White property owner kills Moroccan man in Martindale,Tx

9,266 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TxTarpon
Old Army Ghost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scotty Appleton said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Scotty Appleton said:

JamesPShelley said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Not sure why the driveway details are important.
You not sure? Or, are you kidding?

That driveway detail could be important.

If the driveway was just off the street (5-10 feet) then parking in a driveway is less suspicious.

If that driveway was 1/4 mile of the road (the beaten path) then it becomes highly suspicious. Someone drives 1/4 mile off the main road... parks in my driveway... shuts of the headlights... yeah, that is seriously ****ing suspicious.

You didn't get that?

No. AGAIN. You don't pull into a stranger's driveway and just sit there. You don't do that at noon much less the middle if the night. I don't care if the driveway is a 1/4 mile or 40 feet. Someone turning around doesn't come to a stop.

It's really not a difficult concept.
you dont shoot people who arent a threat to you and arent committing a crime either

not a difficult concept

Sweet. So we are playing the tit for tat where you ignore the post that proceeded this rabbit hole?
the driveway is moot
Old Army Ghost
agdaddy04 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Scotty Appleton said:

JamesPShelley said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Not sure why the driveway details are important.
You not sure? Or, are you kidding?

That driveway detail could be important.

If the driveway was just off the street (5-10 feet) then parking in a driveway is less suspicious.

If that driveway was 1/4 mile of the road (the beaten path) then it becomes highly suspicious. Someone drives 1/4 mile off the main road... parks in my driveway... shuts of the headlights... yeah, that is seriously ****ing suspicious.

You didn't get that?

No. AGAIN. You don't pull into a stranger's driveway and just sit there. You don't do that at noon much less the middle if the night. I don't care if the driveway is a 1/4 mile or 40 feet. Someone turning around doesn't come to a stop.

It's really not a difficult concept.
you dont shoot people who arent a threat to you and arent committing a crime either

not a difficult concept

It says in that quoted article that the guy pulled a gun on him.
oh? what kind of gun was it?
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
backintexas2013 said:

Rapists, murderers and pedos usually end up with long prison sentences. Thieves tend to get shorter sentences especially if a weapon isn't involved. Sometimes they can sneak away with probation.

Which one does more damage to society?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
ABATTBQ11
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Trespassing and all he has to do is claim he was scared. That makes it a justifiable shooting doesn't it?

Not trespassing. Trespass requires the posting of signs and/or telling someone to leave. If they're in your driveway or sidewalk, you have to tell them to leave because they have a right to attempt contact, even in the middle of the night.

For instance, if he hit the guy's mailbox and was trying to contact him with insurance information or let him know, he necessarily has to go up the driveway and to the front door to knock. Her could even theoretically walk across the lawn.

It's also not trespass because as the guy stated himself, the victim was in the process of leaving. If you tell a trespasser to leave and they begin to do so, they're not trespassing until they stop leaving.
zephyr88
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Sure. Substitute black for "non-white" and the point remains.
Or take the colors/ethnicities out of it and report it factually and let the chips fall.

The crime is the crime and color/ethnicity doesn't change the facts.

TRX
AG
EX TEXASEX said:

TRX said:

UTExan said:

Why are you capitalizing the W in white?

Why do some people capitalize the b in black?

If one is ok then so is the other.
Technically it is not. AP ( Associated Press ) used to be a news organization who also published a book on basically the rules of grammar for reporting. THE AP IS NOTHING MORE THAN A COMMUNIST / WHITE EUROPEAN HATING ORGANIZATION THAT IS HELPING TO DESTROY AMERICA. NEVER FORGET THE MEDIA IS YOUR ENEMY AS AN AMERICAN WHO LOVES THIER COUNTRY.

THIS IS THEM RATIONALIZING THE COMMUNIST RULE CHANGE TO CAPITALIZE " B " FOR BLACK/POS /INDIIGENOUS PEPOLE BUT NOT FOR WHITES!!
" We also now capitalize Indigenous in reference to original inhabitants of a place.
These decisions align with long-standing capitalization of distinct racial and ethnic identifiers such as Latino, Asian American and Native American. Our discussions on style and language consider many points, including the need to be inclusive and respectful in our storytelling and the evolution of language.
After a review and period of consultation, we found, at this time, less support for capitalizing white. White people generally do not share the same history and culture, or the experience of being discriminated against because of skin color. In addition, AP is a global news organization and there is considerable disagreement, ambiguity and confusion about whom the term includes in much of the world "
" LET'S GO BRANDON AND LET'S GO AP " !!!
https://apnews.com/article/archive-race-and-ethnicity-9105661462

The AP can make the rules for people that write for them but that doesn't make it proper grammar either way. If you read the link you posted they're doing that to explicitly denigrate WHITE people, which is explained in typical liberal BS terms.

I don't post often about this type of thing but maybe when I do I'll capitalize the whole word.
FJB
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

backintexas2013 said:

Rapists, murderers and pedos usually end up with long prison sentences. Thieves tend to get shorter sentences especially if a weapon isn't involved. Sometimes they can sneak away with probation.

I'm okay with death sentence for multiple convictions for burglary and theft. Society cannot function without basic laws that protect the individual's life and liberty. People that aren't capable of following said laws (murderers, rapists, thieves) shouldn't be allowed to exist in said society.
HowdyTAMU
AG
TRX said:

EX TEXASEX said:

TRX said:

UTExan said:

Why are you capitalizing the W in white?

Why do some people capitalize the b in black?

If one is ok then so is the other.
Technically it is not. AP ( Associated Press ) used to be a news organization who also published a book on basically the rules of grammar for reporting. THE AP IS NOTHING MORE THAN A COMMUNIST / WHITE EUROPEAN HATING ORGANIZATION THAT IS HELPING TO DESTROY AMERICA. NEVER FORGET THE MEDIA IS YOUR ENEMY AS AN AMERICAN WHO LOVES THIER COUNTRY.

THIS IS THEM RATIONALIZING THE COMMUNIST RULE CHANGE TO CAPITALIZE " B " FOR BLACK/POS /INDIIGENOUS PEPOLE BUT NOT FOR WHITES!!
" We also now capitalize Indigenous in reference to original inhabitants of a place.
These decisions align with long-standing capitalization of distinct racial and ethnic identifiers such as Latino, Asian American and Native American. Our discussions on style and language consider many points, including the need to be inclusive and respectful in our storytelling and the evolution of language.
After a review and period of consultation, we found, at this time, less support for capitalizing white. White people generally do not share the same history and culture, or the experience of being discriminated against because of skin color. In addition, AP is a global news organization and there is considerable disagreement, ambiguity and confusion about whom the term includes in much of the world "
" LET'S GO BRANDON AND LET'S GO AP " !!!
https://apnews.com/article/archive-race-and-ethnicity-9105661462

The AP can make the rules for people that write for them but that doesn't make it proper grammar either way. If you read the link you posted they're doing that to explicitly denigrate WHITE people, which is explained in typical liberal BS terms.

I don't post often about this type of thing but maybe when I do I'll capitalize the whole word.

AP also discriminates against the Oxford comma. Ridiculous style guide. Avoid if you can.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Ol_Ag_02 said:

backintexas2013 said:

I'm okay with death sentence for multiple convictions for burglary and theft. Society cannot function without basic laws that protect the individual's life and liberty. People that aren't capable of following said laws (murderers, rapists, thieves) shouldn't be allowed to exist in said society.

That doesn't answer the question and you have more faith in the government than I do.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

backintexas2013 said:

You gonna kill the juries and prosecutors that convict innocent people and murder them through the power of the state?
TxTarpon

Quote:

Investigators said Turner shot the 31-year-old Moroccan immigrant as the man was backing out of Turner's driveway about 3:40 a.m. After the shooting, Turner told a 911 operator that the motorist had pulled a gun on him. Investigators said they found no firearm in the car. Link
Dude was leaving the driveway.
Shooter said guy had a gun.
No gun found.
Sounds like he just wanted to bag a (censored).
Hope it was worth it to him.
Even if he gets off, he will be doling out some major cash.
With this charge his travel will be restricted for the two years it will be before trial.
Dude better hope someone's ring camera captured the story as he told it.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
TxTarpon
That's what I do.

No more pizza delivery for a long time though.
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

TxTarpon
Thanks for posting that Z.

-BarronVonAwesome

Jason C.
AG
Also I believe the preferred acronym is POC not POS
Earl_Rudder
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

I know I have never pulled into a stranger's driveway and parked to check directions. That's what the side of the street is for.
Adding to this, you're telling me the guy didn't have a smart phone with google or apple maps?

He's 7 minutes away from his girlfriend but doesn't know where he is?

Something isn't adding up.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

backintexas2013 said:

You gonna kill the juries and prosecutors that convict innocent people and murder them through the power of the state?

Holy non sequitur!
Joseydog
AG
The decedent had a Master's degree in finance and was driving an Audi. I don't think he was trying to steal from this Bubba.

The linked news story states that he was at a BBQ that night and and just left his girlfriend's house. Maybe he had a little too much fun at the party and stopped to sober up a bit.

nomad2007
AG
Earl_Rudder said:

Scotty Appleton said:

I know I have never pulled into a stranger's driveway and parked to check directions. That's what the side of the street is for.
Adding to this, you're telling me the guy didn't have a smart phone with google or apple maps?

He's 7 minutes away from his girlfriend but doesn't know where he is?

Something isn't adding up.

The only story not adding up so far is the shooter's. We already know a MAJOR part of his story is objectively false. The rest is bad even if it IS true.

I believe the absolute least likely reason the decedent was there would be a nefarious one. No criminal history, good education, worked for a living. His girlfriend even stated he routinely went on drives to listen to music and decompress. I doubt he just randomly decided after a party, and while home with his girlfriend, to go commit a crime on some random house in a rural subdivision.

He never got out of his car and left immediately when confronted.

TxTarpon

Quote:

The decedent had a Master's degree in finance and was driving an Audi. I don't think he was trying to steal from this Bubba.
You don't know dat!
They are SNEAKY!!
Quote:

The linked news story states that he was at a BBQ that night and and just left his girlfriend's house. Maybe he had a little too much fun at the party and stopped to sober up a bit.
Muslims drink?
Come on now.

-BarronVonAwesome

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.