CNN Reporter gets DUNKED....

6,330 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LegalDrugPusher
pdc093
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In the first minute of this video...

Sully Dog
I would trust that guy over an asshat from cnn wearing a suit in 80 degree heat
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Marcus Brutus
What a pompous moron.
HowdyTAMU
AG
I couldn't make it through a full 30 seconds of Anderson Cooper. Seriously. I couldn't take it!
Teslag
AG
American Hispanics are conservative at heart. We need to welcome them into the GOP with open arms
texagbeliever
This is an example of framing the news. Find guy in tank top with tattoos who represents the other side. Heck ESL even better! Then jab at him. Insult his news. Insult his knowledge. Get nowhere as the guy is well aware the goal is to instigate a response. (This is the guy 99% of men would want a beer with).

Wrap it up with a well dressed concerned mom. Being sympathetic and engaging with her. Now all the women watching are thinking (subconsciously) oh nice to women that means I can trust him.

The news is manipulation of the human psyche and not about information distribution.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Lady pulled her kid out of school because they told the kids that they didn't need to wear masks.

Wow!

Sounds like she's ready to move to California where the masking will never end.
texagbeliever
Salute The Marines said:

American Hispanics are conservative at heart. We need to welcome them into the GOP with open arms

Likely Cuban in Miami. Very conservative.
FrioAg 00
AG
Liberals always boil 100% of their logic down to "but I said it and I'm better than you, so you should have to accept what I think. And I shouldn't need to engage in any other facts that I don't like."

FJB
AG
This guy is what is wrong with the media - brainwashers
Who is John Galt?

HollywoodBQ
AG
texagbeliever said:

This is an example of framing the news. Find guy in tank top with tattoos who represents the other side. Heck ESL even better! Then jab at him. Insult his news. Insult his knowledge. Get nowhere as the guy is well aware the goal is to instigate a response. (This is the guy 99% of men would want a beer with).

Wrap it up with a well dressed concerned mom. Being sympathetic and engaging with her. Now all the women watching are thinking (subconsciously) oh nice to women that means I can trust him.

The news is manipulation of the human psyche and not about information distribution.
After schooling the CNN reporter, he gets in a $50,000+ Jeep Wrangler.

I guess the USA is working out OK for immigrants, LatinX and "people of color"
BuddysBud
AG
Funny. The guy telling CNN that he trusts Fox News is awesome.
Marcus Brutus
Salute The Marines said:

Cubans vote for conservatives. This was in Florida and likely a Cuban. Latinos in general don't vote for conservatives. Also, I'm not welcoming illegals period.
YouBet
AG
CNN guy also repeatedly lies in this segment saying there is no evidence that vaccinated people can transmit COVID.

We, in fact, do know that they can transmit the virus albeit at a smaller percentage than an unvaccinated person who can spread it. This is a known fact that has been reported extensively.

Just complete gaslighting by CNN, AS USUAL.
BuddysBud
AG
How can they say that the vaccine is 90.7% effective when 90% of healthy kids show little to no COVID symptoms without the vaccine?
BuddysBud
AG
That report is the definition of a hit piece. How does their political donations have anything to do with the report? The guy at the beginning is correct to not trust CNN.
Bosco
AG
Omg White privileged male in suit harassing oppressed latinx by denying HIS TRUTH?!? WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?!?!

This sounds like…..

(Wait for it)

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRACISM!!

But seriously Latin folks are conservative at heart and will be key to winning elections going forward.

This reporter is not a reporter in any sense of the word….look how pushy and adamant he is…he's absolutely on one side of this issue.
B-1 83
AG
Vaccinated kids have to stay home for 30 days because they can transmit the virus (as compared unvaccinated ones)? And people are clamoring for public schools to be shut down…..
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
texagbeliever
B-1 83 said:

Vaccinated kids have to stay home for 30 days because they can transmit the virus (as compared unvaccinated ones)? And people are clamoring for public schools to be shut down…..

School choice. The horror of having options!! Everyone should be subjected to the same poor education in the same way.
B-1 83
AG
texagbeliever said:

B-1 83 said:

School choice. The horror of having options!! Everyone should be subjected to the same poor education in the same way.
This has nothing to do with choice. It has to do with the quality that folks have been clamoring for. "School choice" in this case appears to be dumbasses vs dumbasses.
texagbeliever
B-1 83 said:

texagbeliever said:

B-1 83 said:

This has nothing to do with choice. It has to do with the quality that folks have been clamoring for. "School choice" in this case appears to be dumbasses vs dumbasses.

Choice -> competition
Competition -> improvements
Improvements -> quality.

You seem to be complaining that in a state of little competition there doesn't seem to be quality. Well yeah, you need competition to refine the product to quality. We are in step 1. Also I would bet the Jeep guy is pretty smart, he clearly posses sufficient discernment to smell a trap.
B-1 83
AG
And you completely miss my point.
texagbeliever
Please restate your point so I can understand.
B-1 83
AG
texagbeliever said:

With so much *****ing and complaining about education quality in public schools, this private school comes out with this jewel that shows complete and total ignorance.
texagbeliever
B-1 83 said:

texagbeliever said:

With so much *****ing and complaining about education quality in public schools, this private school comes out with this jewel that shows complete and total ignorance.

So your statement is that conservatives have no room to bash public schools because 1 private school has political based covid policies that aren't grounded in science. You do realize the dream state of choice is more than just those 2 options. Your witty assessment fails true application of the thought. Sorry I disproved your remark.
mazag08
AG
BuddysBud said:

How can they say that the vaccine is 90.7% effective when 90% of healthy kids show little to no COVID symptoms without the vaccine?

That's a question for the board engineer / scientist / energy expert
B-1 83
AG
texagbeliever said:

B-1 83 said:

texagbeliever said:

So your statement is that conservatives have no room to bash public schools because 1 private school has political based covid policies that aren't grounded in science. You do realize the dream state of choice is more than just those 2 options. Your witty assessment fails true application of the thought. Sorry I disproved your remark.
That's quite a stretch…. You seemingly forget what forum your on. This is F16 where everything is absolutes.
texagbeliever
B-1 83 said:

texagbeliever said:

B-1 83 said:

texagbeliever said:

That's quite a stretch…. You seemingly forget what forum your on. This is F16 where everything is absolutes.

So your retort is that I should act in absolutes thus giving your point credence? I'd prefer to struggle in the gray and be wrong on occasion.

[Edited erroneous statement, my apologies]. Wanting more private schools isn't a criticism of public school teachers so much as a criticism of the administration and school board which hampers and impedes them from being successful. I want good teachers to be successful. I want kids to learn. I dont want to romanticize the current system in order to spare feelings. That in my book is hurting the very people it is meant to support.

Are there bad private schools, yes. Are there good public schools, yes.
B-1 83
AG
And you believe wrong. I most certainly was not a teacher. I've been married to two, and I firmly believe a quality education is obtainable in many public schools. I also recognize that there are abominable private schools. See how easy it is to recognize both possibilities?
Catag94
AG
CCP Joe Veggie said:

What a pompous moron.

I wonder if he is on Texags because he could be a number of the BCs on here.
texagbeliever
B-1 83 said:

And you believe wrong. I most certainly was not a teacher. I've been married to two, and I firmly believe a quality education is obtainable in many public schools. I also recognize that there are abominable private schools. See how easy it is to recognize both possibilities?

That is what I did too, so im confused. I think you have constructed this strawman that those for school choice want to abolish public schools because government bad. It is a misrepresentation which I pointed out. Not sure why you dug in to defend it especially when we clearly are more in agreement then not here.
Ag In Ok
AG
If that's an interview, then the Mormons who come to my door are journalists.
B-1 83
AG
texagbeliever said:

B-1 83 said:

That is what I did too, so im confused. I think you have constructed this strawman that those for school choice want to abolish public schools because government bad. It is a misrepresentation which I pointed out. Not sure why you dug in to defend it especially when we clearly are more in agreement then not here.
Having been on here more than 20 years, I can assure you there are posters who have clearly stated that public schools should be abolished, and they seemingly believe total privatization is the alpha and omega in education. It apparent you aren't one of those, and I apologize.
nomad2007
AG
BuddysBud said:

How can they say that the vaccine is 90. To 7% effective when 90% of healthy kids show little to no COVID symptoms without the vaccine?

10/100 unvaccinated kids show symptoms let's say.

Then if in vaccinated kids, 1/100 showed symptoms, it's 90% effective at preventing symptoms. There was a 90% reduction in symptomatic infection.

I think that's the simplest way to explain how that number is calculated.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.