"Let's Go Brandon"

9,884 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by StandUpforAmerica
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie_95
AG
aggiechick said:

I just got back from dinner and have faith in humanity again. In the middle of dinner, the singer at the restaurant played the star spangled banner. The whole restaurant stood and sang. Followed by a rousing chorus of "let's go Brandon". Yay America!!!
Texas in Richardson?
aggiechick
Yes…Texas in Richardson! Do they sing the national anthem every night?
Aggie_95
AG
aggiechick said:

I am not a regular but we eat there 3-4 times a year. I was there in September and when the saxophonist started playing the National Anthem, I mentioned to my spouse that it was an odd selection..... then I noticed everyone starting to stand and sing along.
Gigem314
AG
2021 might have turned out to be a hopeless, dumpster fire, of a year.

But at least guys named Brandon can feel good, since everyone keeps cheering for them.

And Aggie football turning around with Bama. That's been a nice way to close out 2021.
murphyag
AG
Aggie_95 said:

aggiechick said:

I am not a regular but we eat there 3-4 times a year. I was there in September and when the saxophonist started playing the National Anthem, I mentioned to my spouse that it was an odd selection..... then I noticed everyone starting to stand and sing along.
What is the name of this place? Might have to stop by and check it out.
buzzardb267
AG
Reminds me of the old Dad joke about the immigrant named Jose that attended his first MLB game. Someone asked him about it and he replied how great America was....at the beginning of the game everyone stood and asked "Jose can you see...".
"ROGER - OUT"
halfastros81
AG
I despise Biden and the leftest fringe that is threatening this great nation, but I was not a fan of FJB. I think it's
Hilarious how it organically evolved into "Let's Go Brandon " and I am a big supporter of that chant. To me the funniest stuff evolves from real happenings . I'm not sure
If the NASCAR reporter was just clueless or she was trying to steer things in a pc direction. It doesn't really matter. The whole thing has been hysterical imo.
aggiechick
The name of the place is Texas (on George Bush freeway in the Shire shopping center) in Richardson. Good food and atmosphere!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Let's Go Brandon broke out at a few corners during the Formula 1 race.
Stressboy
AG
LeeA****er53 said:

The chant is lame. Shows how dysfunctional the country has been. No different than the SJW crowd making everything about Trump last term. People need to grow up.

What's lame is how Americans are no longer free to chant **** Joe Biden due to political censorship and not social pressure to not be vulgar.
Aggie_95
AG
murphyag said:

Aggie_95 said:

aggiechick said:

What is the name of this place? Might have to stop by and check it out.
aggiechick already answered, but I am in Murphy as well.....

Website below:

http://thesonoftexas.com/
texsn95
AG
Stressboy said:

LeeA****er53 said:

The chant is lame. Shows how dysfunctional the country has been. No different than the SJW crowd making everything about Trump last term. People need to grow up.

What's lame is how Americans are no longer free to chant **** Joe Biden due to political censorship and not social pressure to not be vulgar.
I put "FJB" on my Nextdoor profile picture, it was removed after someone complained.

Quote:

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue.

After a review of your account I was able to determine that we temporarily restricted your access after it was brought to our attention that your profile photo was found to have violated Nextdoor's Community Guidelines.

To further elaborate, Nextdoor doesn't allow photos that are offensive, inappropriate, or violent. As a result, we had removed your previous photo that contained the acronym "FJB", as this is commonly known as a profane insult of the current President. We have also gone ahead and removed your current profile photo containing the phrase "Let's Go Brandon", as this is also a commonly know phrase used to insult the current President.

Please note that our Guidelines encourage users to communicate in ways that are constructive, civil, and community building. These same Guidelines also prohibit members from participating in conversations that attack, berate, bully, belittle, insult, harass, threaten, troll, or swear at others or their views even if they really disagree with them. This also includes content and photos that are posted to your profile.

Keep in mind that your community is comprised of neighbors who come from different backgrounds and viewpoints. We want to make sure that all neighbors feel welcome and respected on Nextdoor.

If you'd like to add a new profile photo, please make sure it's respectful of all your neighbors. You can do so by following the steps here:

I then switched to "Let's Go Brandon", and it was then removed a few days later.

Quote:

I appreciate you following up regarding this issue.

Nextdoor's goal is to create a space where all members on the platform can feel safe, respected, and welcome. Because "Let's Go Brandon" is commonly being used as a way to insult the current President, this content is not allowed in the Nextdoor general newsfeed or member profiles.

That said, members are still allowed to discuss this topic within user created groups.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.
My reply "So how is a phrase an insult to the current president?"

I'm only on ND because I'm part of the security committee in our neighborhood and it's how we communicate with alot of folks.
pdc093
I cancelled my ND account after a year, upon realizing that it's as liberal as Democratic Underground.
Agthatbuilds
akm91
AG
Interesting, live music at a steakhouse. May have to check it out.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
StandUpforAmerica
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.