Texas Labels Delta-8 A Schedule One Controlled Substance

12,417 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggieforester05
aggieforester05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is only a temporary injunction which can be appealed and doesn't determine the outcome of the case. It's far from over, but for now it's back on the shelves.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
doubledog said:

Champ Bailey said:

Don't think it was Old Testament.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52847175

Quote:

Ancient Israelites burned cannabis as part of their religious rituals, an archaeological study has found.
A well-preserved substance found in a 2,700-year-old temple in Tel Arad has been identified as cannabis, including its psychoactive compound THC.
Researchers concluded that cannabis may have been burned in order to induce a high among worshippers.
This is the first evidence of psychotropic drugs being used in early Jewish worship, Israeli media report.

The "weed", hemp etc, 2700+ years ago was not nearly as potent as today's.

(e.g. the potency is up about 14% in the last 50 years)

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201116092241.htm

I would counter that anything strong enough to last 2700 years would get you pretty messed up.
ctag02
AG
Hate to rain on the parade, but that headline is wholly incorrect. A district judge is without authority or ability to legalize or illegalize any crime. What the judge did was enjoin the DSHS from taking administrative action against business that sell Delta-8. The ruling in no way prevents criminal prosecution against those that sell or possess Delta-8.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Wait!? are you telling me that a state government that has allowed it's executive to take and retain full emergency powers for 20 consecutive months would take an overly authoritarian position on something!?!?!
color me shocked....
oklaunion
Talked to CBD store owner yesterday and their belief is that after the 28th of this month, Delta 8 is history until the next legislative session in TX.
aggieforester05
AG
I really despise busy body Karen's that want to micromanage what I can or can not buy. Worthless human beings that need to mind their own business.
Thunder18
AG
oklaunion said:

Talked to CBD store owner yesterday and their belief is that after the 28th of this month, Delta 8 is history until the next legislative session in TX.

Based on what?
oklaunion
Mostly based upon how much they are ordering for re-stock after this weekend. That is all I know; they are much more in tune with the political wind direction.
blacksox
State said it was illegal. Judge put that on hold. There's a trial at the end of this month. If the state wins, it becomes illegal again.
Irish 2.0
My understanding is that it needs to be put in the legislative session to be declared illegal due to the way the farm bill was written a few years ago.

The state can't just declare something illegal w/o legislation
IronRed13
AG
The 8th Wonder Herbal Wonder Water is interesting. Hope they can keep making it
Shoefly!
AG
https://texasoriginal.com/. Direct from the state. Get online with their Dr and it is sent straight to your door. I know several people that have gone this route.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
****ing tyrants. How does anyone have any right to tell me what to put into my body..especially when they can advertise a deadly chemical all hours of the day and serve it at restaurants and around families? Why should I have to have a disease to get high?

Oh wait...I don't...I do what I want
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
GeorgiAg said:

The far right is perfectly fine with limiting your liberty when they feel like it.

A guy smoking weed or delta 8 or whatever it is has zero impact on other citizens. In fact, he's more likely to get hooked to opioids and corresponding treatment may then cost taxpayer dollars. Add in the law enforcement costs and this is an all around dumb idea.

So what your saying is absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Who knew.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
FYI: delta 8 and 10 both suck. I won't use them anymore. It's not a good high
TChaney
Jay Reimenschneider said:

FYI: delta 8 and 10 both suck. I won't use them anymore. It's not a good high
Just buy Delta 9 THC products.

Now they are selling D-9 hemp based products,
"hemp retailers" have probably just shot themselves in the foot by doing this.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/delta-9-thc-products-hemp-are-risk-not-worth-taking

Quote:

Edible products with intoxicating levels of delta-9 THC now are being sold as legal and less-expensive alternatives to regulated cannabis products. Although purveyors of hemp-derived delta-9 THC seek to exploit a perceived loophole in the 2018 Farm Bill's definition of hemp extracts, these unregulated and intoxicating products are fraught with risk. The cannabis and hemp industries and their insurers should take notice and respond now.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
I'll just use the real thing, not some chemical dusted on hemp flower.
aggieforester05
AG
Anyone have any updates on this? I haven't found anything online saying 1/28 is a meaningful date. I also asked my local head shop owners and they did not know anything about 1/28 either. I did find where Texas SCOTUS upheld the legality of D8 in December:

Austin Chronicle D8

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.