Texas Labels Delta-8 A Schedule One Controlled Substance

12,416 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggieforester05
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You can't make this **** up. The Cannabinoid crusade by Abbott, Patrick, et al is legitimately off the rails. I use the stuff for my back pain to avoid opioids. I guess that's the problem. Gotta make sure the drug companies get theirs instead of entrepreneurs. What harm has Delta-8 caused anyone? Right. None.

Bunch of losers. I'm done with Texas GOP. I'll vote libertarian across the board even if it equates to a vote for the dem.

"But last week, DSHS announced it had classified delta-8 as a Schedule I controlled substance, a category reserved for drugs that have no accepted medical use, such as heroin and LSD."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/21/texas-delta-8-hemp/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1634837460&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3OoWVd8n-5lQGWwk9z9VAvCxw9RDaWcii48v53uMDhH3qw5xwz6XBY4sY
agsalaska
AG
Texas is going the wrong direction on Marijuana laws.
C@LAg
Ban Delta-8.

Everywhere.

In Texas.

oh wait, they already beat me to it.
fooz
Tell them it's CBD and to prove the thc level. It will be dismissed by the courts because there's only a few places that can test those levels.
Rossticus
C@LAg said:

Ban Delta-8.

Everywhere.

In Texas.

oh wait, they already beat me to it.

Why? It's unjustified authoritarianism based on the moral predilection of a narrow subset in power. The founding fathers saw that as a bad thing.
administrative errors
Rossticus said:

You can't make this **** up. The Cannabinoid crusade by Abbott, Patrick, et al is legitimately off the rails. I use the stuff for my back pain to avoid opioids. I guess that's the problem. Gotta make sure the drug companies get theirs instead of entrepreneurs. What harm has Delta-8 caused anyone? Right. None.

Bunch of losers. I'm done with Texas GOP. I'll vote libertarian across the board even if it equates to a vote for the dem.

"But last week, DSHS announced it had classified delta-8 as a Schedule I controlled substance, a category reserved for drugs that have no accepted medical use, such as heroin and LSD."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10/21/texas-delta-8-hemp/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1634837460&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3OoWVd8n-5lQGWwk9z9VAvCxw9RDaWcii48v53uMDhH3qw5xwz6XBY4sY
heroin and lsd both have medical uses, long known.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
Rossticus
administrative errors said:

Rossticus said:

heroin and lsd both have medical uses, long known.

And yet…
AggieVictor10
AG
weed
PLUM LOCO
AG
Leave the border wide open for every drug in the world and this is what they are worried about.
Rossticus
PLUM LOCO said:

Leave the border wide open for every drug in the world and this is what they are worried about.

Really makes you wonder what their real priorities are.
administrative errors
Rossticus said:

PLUM LOCO said:

Really makes you wonder what their real priorities are.

REALLY makes ME wonder how WE are wondering what their real priorities are, passively.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm still trying to find the biblical reference against weed that a good portion of the religious conservatives keep using to rationalize their contempt for it, apparently.

Yeah, I know overuse of it is a poor life choice, and I've never even tried the stuff, but they're fighting a needless political losing battle against it in texas and you'll NEVER halt the supply because Texas borders Mexico and is point blank from New Mexico and Colorado.

Yeah, it's great that you won't touch the stuff state Republicans, but you don't need to demand everyone else has your own standards at every level. They won't.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Don't think it was Old Testament.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-52847175

Quote:

Ancient Israelites burned cannabis as part of their religious rituals, an archaeological study has found.
A well-preserved substance found in a 2,700-year-old temple in Tel Arad has been identified as cannabis, including its psychoactive compound THC.
Researchers concluded that cannabis may have been burned in order to induce a high among worshippers.
This is the first evidence of psychotropic drugs being used in early Jewish worship, Israeli media report.

Marcus Brutus
If this ticks off liberals, I'm all for it.
Rossticus
Not to mention the fact that this is an extract that meets their specific requirements set out in the prior farm bill. It's like they thought they'd set limits so arbitrarily low that it was impossible for anyone to make anything useful out of hemp except for rope and clothes.

As soon as someone discovered a way to produce a pain killer/sleep aid that didn't contain much THC and was a natural, effective alternative to more harmful pharmaceuticals without messing you up they shut it down as quickly as they could.

It's literally a perfect alternative. It's non addictive. It doesn't get you stoned. It relaxes you and lessens physical pain without being toxic. And the hit it with the biggest hammer they could as fast as they could. Why?
Crap like this should piss everyone off.

What's next? Required vaccinations or lose your job.
Rossticus
CCP Joe Veggie said:

If this ticks off liberals, I'm all for it.

Ticks off a lot of conservatives too. This one included. Being opposed to banning products and killing industries predicated on a HARMLESS plant that was utilized by this country for hundreds of years prior doesn't make one liberal. Communists do this sort of thing. Not true conservatives. Lots of jobs and business owners are hurt by this. This is an agricultural industry that provides potential opportunities to smaller farmers/operators.
MouthBQ98
AG
Conservatives like lobbyists too.
TheHulkster
AG
Restricting an effective, safe, non-addictive non-opioid treatment to help, for instance, war vets and other Texans dealing with PTSD and chronic pain? Hell yeah, brother, so long as we get to piss off some libs.
Irish 2.0
I use it and will continue to use it for the same reasons you do. Hell, I've got my dad using it too. My family physician owns part of a company that produces it.
blacksox
Eh, regular marijuana Has already been decriminalized in Harris County. Cops won't arrest you for under four ounces. You do have to take a class that's like defensive driving for weed smoking.
Martin Cash
AG
I think the author of this article doesn't understand the difference between schedules and penalty groups.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Rossticus
This just proves what hypocrites Abbott and Patrick are. This isn't something that anyone who values the principles of the founders of this country or this state, for that matter, do. This is what authoritarian communist dictatorships or theocracies do.

Rossticus
Martin Cash said:

I think the author of this article doesn't understand the difference between schedules and penalty groups.

Do you think they'd add it as schedule one without having plans to apply it to the corresponding penalty group? Honest question.
agsalaska
AG
blacksox said:

Eh, regular marijuana Has already been decriminalized in Harris County. Cops won't arrest you for under four ounces. You do have to take a class that's like defensive driving for weed smoking.
Yea but the real problem is not flower. As in four ounces of real weed. The problem are the vaping cartridges and edibles. The State will take the entire weight of, say edible cookies instead of just the marijuana used to make them. What happens is an ounce of week ready to smoke may not be a big deal. But that same ounce of week baked into brownies is a ten year prison sentence. That's a real problem.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
agsalaska said:

blacksox said:

Yea but the real problem is not flower. As in four ounces of real weed. The problem are the vaping cartridges and edibles. The State will take the entire weight of, say edible cookies instead of just the marijuana used to make them. What happens is an ounce of week ready to smoke may not be a big deal. But that same ounce of week baked into brownies is a ten year prison sentence. That's a real problem.

And I wonder once we get the studies done, how much healthier they find edibles are for you than inhaling unfiltered flower. And whether our laws are punishing people for trying to find healthier alternatives to smoking it with the added benefit of not annoying people who don't like the smell.
Martin Cash
AG
Rossticus said:

Martin Cash said:

Do you think they'd add it as schedule one without having plans to apply it to the corresponding penalty group? Honest question.
This will never be a PG I substance.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
GeorgiAg
AG
Texas is a "your body, my choice" state.
C@LAg
too much of a derail. deleted.
Rossticus
C@LAg said:

GeorgiAg said:

or it s a "for life" state where the state stands in for those who would be denied a voice by their mother's selfish interests.

This thread isn't about abortion. Start another thread.
C@LAg
Rossticus said:

C@LAg said:

GeorgiAg said:

or it s a "for life" state where the state stands in for those who would be denied a voice by their mother's selfish interests.

This thread isn't about abortion. Start another thread.
sorry your marijuana-lite lost..

and it was deleted before your tantrum, cupcake.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Zero chance this survives legal scrutiny.
Rossticus
Martin Cash said:

Rossticus said:

Martin Cash said:

This will never be a PG I substance.

Then what's their angle? Without assignment to a corresponding penalty group they're just screwing Texas businesses and folks will buy online from vendors in other states.
GeorgiAg
AG
The far right is perfectly fine with limiting your liberty when they feel like it.

A guy smoking weed or delta 8 or whatever it is has zero impact on other citizens. In fact, he's more likely to get hooked to opioids and corresponding treatment may then cost taxpayer dollars. Add in the law enforcement costs and this is an all around dumb idea.
GeorgiAg
AG
Settle down, you two.

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.