September 14-16, 2021 Protests Texas A&M

8,500 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rapier108
TChaney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/local/texas-am-students-speak-out-against-covid-19-policies/499-c20a5cb0-c2ac-42ea-b3ac-f99822a7d07d

The new face of the revolution at TAMU

EclipseAg
AG
lastrebel2000 said:

Why do these people even choose to go to TAMU? Its not like they were born there with no choice or ability to move. There are literally hundreds of other institutions to choose that fit their values
We would probably be shocked to see how many of these kids are on scholarship.

They go to A&M because A&M recruits them and pays their way. Meanwhile, some third-generation legacy who finished in the Top 12 percent of his suburban high school gets denied and winds up at Ole Miss on a full ride.
TexAgs91
AG
HEY A&M! GET CONTROL OVER YOUR PROFESSORS!
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Owlagdad
EclipseAg said:

lastrebel2000 said:

Why do these people even choose to go to TAMU? Its not like they were born there with no choice or ability to move. There are literally hundreds of other institutions to choose that fit their values
We would probably be shocked to see how many of these kids are on scholarship.

They go to A&M because A&M recruits them and pays their way. Meanwhile, some third-generation legacy who finished in the Top 12 percent of his suburban high school gets denied and winds up at Ole Miss on a full ride.

In order to make Rice more diverse, that is what they did. When you don't pay, you don't give a sheet. And if you don't pay because of your skin color, maybe your 18-19 year old head gets full of yourself and when you get knocked down by life or circumstances , it is easy to blame others. And no weanie administrator wants to be called racist, so they turn not on kids who are wrong, but those who sign their checks, and call it idealism. And so to combat the event of being called this or that , they become proactive and set up programs to alleviate the so called "pain". And boom you got kids who know they have you by the gonads.

No one to blame but ourselves. We let it happen. It begins with no.
Old Sarge
AG
Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

lastrebel2000 said:

This IS WHY thy go to places like Texas A&M. To stir it up, tear it down, and enact their "change" (the Obamunist called this "fundamental transformation").

They did it to Rice 50 years ago. A top University where Texas kids could go. Started the same way as A&M is now. Biggest thing I think was administrators protected their jobs and did not say NO!!
Lol, now those bozos have been kicked out and the place is Chinese.
Wish I had captive college student audience and could ask them what do they see in future? Are they signing their own death warrant or at least making sure they have miserable Marxist life?

So Rice is Chinese now? Or is Chinese where Rice comes from?

Something here reminds me of an old Yell from the good ol' non PC days…….
Owlagdad
Old Sarge said:

Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

lastrebel2000 said:

This IS WHY thy go to places like Texas A&M. To stir it up, tear it down, and enact their "change" (the Obamunist called this "fundamental transformation").

They did it to Rice 50 years ago. A top University where Texas kids could go. Started the same way as A&M is now. Biggest thing I think was administrators protected their jobs and did not say NO!!
Wish I had captive college student audience and could ask them what do they see in future? Are they signing their own death warrant or at least making sure they have miserable Marxist life?

39% Asian, 25% international.
None of who would attend a sporting event to hear the old yell. Quite different from the two Mid Eastern Ags who who sat behind me at Kyle and called offense and defense formations.
Faustus
Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

lastrebel2000 said:

None of who would attend a sporting event to hear the old yell. Quite different from the two Mid Eastern Ags who who sat behind me at Kyle and called offense and defense formations.
https://oie.rice.edu/functions-services/student-enrollment

43% White, 26% Asian, 10% Black, 15% Hispanic, and 10% "Other"
77% Domestic, 23% International
58% Male, 42% Female

Rice is doing just fine, and no one cares if they attend sporting events to hear old yells. They go to school for their academic excellence, not to cheer on the football team.
gbaby23
AG
lastrebel2000 said:

The Long March though the Institutions.
gbaby23
AG
Faustus said:

Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

lastrebel2000 said:

https://oie.rice.edu/functions-services/student-enrollment

43% White, 26% Asian, 10% Black, 15% Hispanic, and 10% "Other"
77% Domestic, 23% International
58% Male, 42% Female

Rice is doing just fine.
Almost a quarter international students is just fine? LOL
Faustus
It's a world class private institution, and those numbers include graduate students.

It drops to around 12% if you just look at undergraduate (469 out of 3,958 for 2020).
But being around foreign students isn't a bad thing in my opinion. The world is a big place.

gbaby23
AG
Exporting our intellectual capital to foreigners is bad. Giving spaces that could go to Americans in favor or foreigners is bad.
AJ02
AG
What a POS. They don't even care about this girl. They're just using her death to further their communist narrative. There's a special place in hell for people who try to capitalize on someone's death who they don't even know.
WolfCall
AG
How many FBI agent provocateurs will be lurking on this thread or around Sully?
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
EclipseAg
AG
Owlagdad said:

And so to combat the event of being called this or that , they become proactive and set up programs to alleviate the so called "pain".
And to expand on your point, those programs lead to more segregation and exacerbate the students' feelings of grievance, making the problem even worse.

Aren't there photos floating around of some of A&M's biggest rabble rousers posing proudly with their acceptance banners? Two years later they're marching on Sully and demanding special segregated "safe spaces."
Prexys Moon
AG
lastrebel2000 said:

Why do these people leftist professors even choose to go to work at TAMU? Its not like they were born there with no choice or ability to move. There are literally hundreds of other institutions to choose that fit their values
fify

Go to Brandeis where Fierke the communist went.

Can't believe they got a picture of her without a mask on.

https://www.brandeis.edu/provost/fierke/index.html

Alvard and that idiot from the vet school remind me of the US women's soccer players. If it's such a terrible place, quit! But don't keep making your six fig salary and benefits and then **** all over the institution that's paying for your 800,000 house, in the case of the vet professor. Go to some small leftist liberal arts college and you can wear a mask and teach on zoom to your heart's content.
annie88
AG
These people need a good old ass kicking.

Of course it's probably not good to kick mentally ill people's asses.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Prexys Moon
AG
Old Sarge said:

Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

lastrebel2000 said:

my grandfather class of 27 would mention the rice yell to me back in the day. it referred to asking what came out of a "male of Chinese descent"'s certain orifice, followed by "Rice Rice Rice".
AG
Is anyone on campus? would like a report on the Covid protest. would be surprised if there are more than 15 there.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Old Sarge said:

Owlagdad said:

Old Sarge said:

lastrebel2000 said:

I remember going to an A&M vs LSU baseball game around 1990 at Olsen. Every time this one fat guy got up to bat and would take his practice swings the whole crowd would chant "1 Shamu...2 Shamu...3 Shamu...".

For this Asian guy it was "1 egg roll...2 egg roll...3 egg roll".

I can't remember the other ones said that day, I just remember it being hysterical.
Shoefly!
AG
Rapier108 said:

GenericAggie said:

Wait .

Black people, who demographics show are behind in vaccinations per capita, are going to protest vaccinations?!?!

THIS HAS TO BE A SIMULATION!!!!
It is mostly going to be a bunch of white liberals protesting.

Alvards new group of young white female minions that are looking for something to be mad about.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Pretty sure they're the anti-fap...
Sid Farkas
AG
someone needs to take a page out of the Left's playbook and discretely insert themselves into the crowd and disrupt the 'protest'
WolfCall
AG
Showing pictures on tv of demonstrators at TAMU.
doubledog
WolfCall said:

Showing pictures on tv of demonstrators at TAMU.
I noticed they were not social distancing... Hypocrites
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I can't find a thing on social media.
2000AgPhD
Any idea of how many actually showed up? I believe this will be the usual suspects who organized the BLM/Anti Sully protests last year
Rapier108
2000AgPhD said:

Any idea of how many actually showed up? I believe this will be the usual suspects who organized the BLM/Anti Sully protests last year
Looked like around 25-30 or so, but hard to tell because the media loves to make these things look much bigger than they actually are.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
WolfCall
AG
Here is a link to KBTX:

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/09/15/texas-am-students-hold-protest-more-covid-protocols-campus/
Texas A&M students hold protest for more COVID protocols on campus

Quote:

By Andy Krauss
Published: Sep. 14, 2021 at 10:52 PM CDT|Updated: 11 hours ago
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Texas A&M students gathered at Academic Plaza on campus Tuesday evening to protest what they're calling the lack of protocols put in place by administration to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

Protesters say they were prompted to act after a fellow student died due to complications from the virus. They also say the school has put them directly in harms way due to neglect and inaction.

"One of our students has died due to COVID difficulties, and I feel like our voices need to be heard," Texas A&M junior and one of the protest's organizers Amanda Harvey said. "I feel like A&M has not provided us a safe learning environment or a safe teaching environment for faculty."

"I do feel like I could catch the virus and pass it on to some family members of mine who are less fortunate, and they are immunocompromised," Ellis Howard, another junior protester, said....

AgCat93
AG
TChaney said:

https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/local/texas-am-students-speak-out-against-covid-19-policies/499-c20a5cb0-c2ac-42ea-b3ac-f99822a7d07d

The new face of the revolution at TAMU

Been wondering what happened to Bat Boy...

halfastros81
AG
So are the protests all one big whine with A& M 's so called racism and lack of Covid protocols all wrapped up together or are they separate protests? i struggle with the connection if they all are one big whine session. Maybe there's just not enough juice for one or the other so they combine them to get to "critical mass".

The crap stirrer should be on Bank's list. His days as an employee need to be numbered , less than 3 digits.
Gap
AG
I saw the story on tv. There were about 20 students. The group calls KBTX and they come out and cover it and that makes you think it is important. KBTX should be ashamed they come out and provide this group publicity. My kid will have 4 student org meetings this week and KBTX will not be out to cover any of them. One org has about 400 members, a couple others have about 200 members, and the final one has about 50 members. None of these groups have open membership so that could all have significantly more.

KBTX has chosen to highlight a group that has open membership and can only get about 20 members to show and then they cover it and you think it is important. Lazy people doing lazy work when there is so much positive going on on campus. Perhaps KBTX will come out and cover my fantasy football draft next year as we have about as many involved as were in the group they covered yesterday.
TAMU1990
AG
Prexys Moon said:

lastrebel2000 said:

Why do these people leftist professors even choose to go to work at TAMU? Its not like they were born there with no choice or ability to move. There are literally hundreds of other institutions to choose that fit their values
fify

Go to Brandeis where Fierke the communist went.

Can't believe they got a picture of her without a mask on.

https://www.brandeis.edu/provost/fierke/index.html

Alvard and that idiot from the vet school remind me of the US women's soccer players. If it's such a terrible place, quit! But don't keep making your six fig salary and benefits and then **** all over the institution that's paying for your 800,000 house, in the case of the vet professor. Go to some small leftist liberal arts college and you can wear a mask and teach on zoom to your heart's content.
Alvard makes less than 50K - he's a loser.
Dark_Knight
AG
So sounds like this became one big nothingburger. Right?
Because I'm Batman!

FCBlitz
NTXAg10 said:

Delete this thread and pretend they don't exist if you seriously want them to go away.

This is the dumbest advice and the quickest path to losing Sully.
TAMU1990
AG
halfastros81 said:

So are the protests all one big whine with A& M 's so called racism and lack of Covid protocols all wrapped up together or are they separate protests? i struggle with the connection if they all are one big whine session. Maybe there's just not enough juice for one or the other so they combine them to get to "critical mass".

The crap stirrer should be on Bank's list. His days as an employee need to be numbered , less than 3 digits.
Like pronto
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.