September 14-16, 2021 Protests Texas A&M

8,430 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rapier108
IndividualFreedom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well it is the 15th, any videos/images of this leftist non-sense?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Gap said:

I saw the story on tv. There were about 20 students. The group calls KBTX and they come out and cover it and that makes you think it is important. KBTX should be ashamed they come out and provide this group publicity. My kid will have 4 student org meetings this week and KBTX will not be out to cover any of them. One org has about 400 members, a couple others have about 200 members, and the final one has about 50 members. None of these groups have open membership so that could all have significantly more.

KBTX has chosen to highlight a group that has open membership and can only get about 20 members to show and then they cover it and you think it is important. Lazy people doing lazy work when there is so much positive going on on campus. Perhaps KBTX will come out and cover my fantasy football draft next year as we have about as many involved as were in the group they covered yesterday.

Not disagreeing with you, but that's astroturfing 101. Either side could use it effectively to their advantage if they tried. Interest group plans an event, drafts a ready-to-print-as-news "press release" about the event and group's aims, then distributes it to media contacts. Half the time, the media lacks content to fill their news cycle and just runs the pre-packaged story as provided to them. Ask me how I know.
Gap
AG
I agree with you on how it works. That local media does these because they are extremely lazy.

It is sad that the democrat student group can only get 20 people to show up to their event. That is sad. There were probably 100 student groups that had bigger events yesterday.
ironmanag
AG
My son is a freshman and it was a huge joke to the students.

Many would purposefully walk through them.
2000AgPhD
As far as I could tell on campus, there was zero enthusiasm for, or even knowledge of, the protest among undergraduates. It was a crusade in search of a cause.
mazag08
AG
Is racist Netta on campus? She calling black people coons again?
Rapier108
mazag08 said:

Is racist Netta on campus? She calling black people coons again?
She's gone along with most of the other leaders from last year including the ones involved with Aggie Smollett.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.